Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (450700 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
weyreypey:

I am ONLY interested in Mercedes Benz henceforth
Your new found love I guess...... And might I ask y Dy are commonly tagged EXPENSIVE LIABILITIES?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
winner915:
Hello guys and good evening,
Happy new months in a few hours...

Pls, I need a wholistic approach to the comparison between
07 accord and 07 civic.

Thanks.....

Luxury, Status, power, speed the Accord is better than Civic

Fuel economy, ease of maintenance Civic takes it here.

Though depending on the Civic you lay your hands on, it can be par with the accord in luxury and speed eg Civic Si, Civic type R or the Canadian Acura CSX which is a rebadged civic

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

Luxury, Status, power, speed the Accord is better than Civic

Fuel economy, ease of maintenance Civic takes it here.

Though depending on the Civic you lay your hands on, it can be par with the accord in luxury and speed eg Civic Si, Civic type R or the Canadian Acura CSX which is a rebadged civic

Only the wise ones can relate.. grin grin

That engine bay is not maintenence friendly
Are the parts generally cheaper than the accords? I doubt

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:06am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

Yeah engine bay is cramped but not as worse as AUDI design. Majorly he doesn't have to worry about leg sound, engine seats, power steering. I factored in alot before choosing that, remember I used DC for 12years not a bad car but needs more attention than Civic.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

Yeah engine bay is cramped but not as worse as AUDI design. Majorly he doesn't have to worry about leg sound, engine seats, power steering. I factored in alot before choosing that, remember I used DC for 12years not a bad car but needs more attention than Civic.
You are comparing 2 cars.. How does Audi comparism come in?

The bolded is also not true.

Did you use the civic for 12 years also? Else how are you so sure?

Cracked engine block nko? Sagging roof liner?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

You are comparing 2 cars.. How does Audi comparism come in?

The bolded is also not true.

Did you use the civic for 12 years also? Else how are you so sure?

Cracked engine block nko? Sagging roof liner?

The Audi comparison came in for the engine bay comment, if you don't understand that let's leave it for another day.

cracked engine block affected 07 to 09 and were changed under warranty (Honda extended warranty to 10years), it wasn't a mileage thing but a year thing. Majority who passed the 8year mark were deem safe it occured truely but not widely spread. The Civic is very much popular onroad, if it was a plague we did see several Civic ready for engine replacement. A vehicle plague isn't something easily covered up eg (accord leg pull, quest CVT, Altima CVT, Volvo T8 gear issues etc)

Sagging roof liner Never came across that before, though can happen to cars with low build quality. The build quality in the Accord should be higher than Civic reason I have Accord luxury seal.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

Are the parts generally cheaper than the accords? I doubt

Cc GAZZUZZ

make unna no de me for this kind matter

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

The Audi comparison came in for the engine bay comment, if you don't understand that let's leave it for another day.

cracked engine block affected 07 to 09 and were changed under warranty (Honda extended warranty to 10years), it wasn't a mileage thing but a year thing. Majority who passed the 8year mark were deem safe it occured truely but not widely spread. The Civic is very much popular onroad, if it was a plague we did see several Civic ready for engine replacement. A vehicle plague isn't something easily covered up eg (accord leg pull, quest CVT, Altima CVT, Volvo T8 gear issues etc)

Sagging roof liner Never came across that before, though can happen to cars with low build quality. The build quality in the Accord should be higher than Civic reason I have Accord luxury seal.

Alfa Nuray
Quality & luxury are not the same

winner915 if the most important thing to you is fuel economy..buy the civic any other thing buy the accord

Maintenance will be at per

Modified
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:37am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

Alfa Nuray
Quality & luxury are not the same

you are right. But I haven't said anything concerning quality. I didn't say the Civic has build quality than the Accord
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

you are right. But I haven't said anything concerning quality. I didn't say the Civic has build quality than the Accord

The build quality in the Accord should be higher than Civic reason I have Accord luxury seal.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:52am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

But you like argument Sha. The Accord is a bigger brother to the Civic and more expensive to produce, more quality would be attached to the build quality. I never mentioned build or quality in my initial post until you talked about sagging roof liner which I have not come across but possible.

I don't really know where the back and forth between us is heading to though because I am more confused than ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thebigkendo(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

But you like argument Sha. The Accord is a bigger brother to the Civic and more expensive to produce, more quality would be attached to the build quality. I never mentioned build or quality in my initial post until you talked about sagging roof liner which I have not come across but possible.

I don't really know where the back and forth between us is heading to though because I am more confused than ever.

The back & forth is heading us to
ease of maintenance Civic takes it here.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

The back & forth is heading us to ease of maintenance Civic takes it here.
grin grin grin grin
fixed

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by winner915: 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
nurey:

@nurey,
So, in these 12years, how on a scale of 1-10 can you rate the 07 accord each for;
1. Maintenance and reliability
2. Leg issues
3. Good drivability (driving experience if you like)
4. Recommend it for a 1st time car owner

For the records;
Una posts can SWEET ME!!!!
Dy even taste like fried beans and black plantain.....lol
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
winner915:

@nurey,
So, in these 12years, how on a scale of 1-10 can you rate the 07 accord each for;
1. Maintenance and reliability
2. Leg issues
3. Good drivability (driving experience if you like)
4. Recommend it for a 1st time car owner

For the records;
Una posts can SWEET ME!!!!
Dy even taste like fried beans and black plantain.....lol

It was a 4cylinder engine

for maintenance and reliability no trouble at all, parts were available, qualified kazeem was always on ground it never stalled on the road unless the fuel pump gave way which was about twice. It never gave much problem because it came brand-new.

Leg issues never had pull out even once. Any sound and I tackle straight I get parts from oyingbo, the mechanic I use is actually from Togo.

Drivability, it will drive you, has good leg room dash well illuminated though not a sporty feel and definitely not to be used for racing without caution for the 4cylinder at 120km/h vehicle becomes light.

I will recommend it for a kid self it's a good car for a 1st timer just be observant of noisy suspension and fix
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by salam12(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hello experts in the house, can you please give me holistic view on 2016 Toyota Rav4 XLE model taking into account our terrain, ease of maintenance and reliability.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 12:41am On Aug 04, 2019
Hello folks, I'm at crosswords between infiniti G35 and lexus es 350 and is 350 all 2007 models. Experts pls come in and do your thing
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2019
salam12:
Hello experts in the house, can you please give me holistic view on 2016 Toyota Rav4 XLE model taking into account our terrain, ease of maintenance and reliability.

A very good ride. if yours is American spec, it would spot the 2.5L engine found in the 2010-12 Camry. not a bad car for rough terrain also the American has Automatic, Taiwanese (asia) CVT while European has automatic and some manual.

comes in as fwd or AWD the AWD will assist in traction for muddy and slippery roads. it's a choice you won't regret
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2019
zer0day:
Hello folks, I'm at crosswords between infiniti G35 and lexus es 350 and is 350 all 2007 models. Experts pls come in and do your thing

The ES350 is mix between both other competitors I would give it a pass mark in the build quality segment, cargo space and ease of maintenance

The G35 is a luxurious sports sedan a single trim with the necessary and capable bells and whistles. The VQ35HR would ensure you stay ahead of the competition in a celebration and quarter mile, not the most fuel friendly of the lot but a reliable engine non the less if we'll taken care of. This vehicle is a head Turner in any gathering of luxurious and the coupe packs a wicked punch. I will pick this to paint the town red everyday of the week grin

The Lexus IS350 is a sports luxurious sedan, compact in the seating and cargo area, low ground hanging to give it that balance when racing fitted with the most expensive engine in your choice. reliable also with good build quality.

Whatever choice you make, as long as you buy a well maintained vehicle you will be fine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
nurey:

The ES350 is mix between both other competitors I would give it a pass mark in the build quality segment, cargo space and ease of maintenance

The G35 is a luxurious sports sedan a single trim with the necessary and capable bells and whistles. The VQ35HR would ensure you stay ahead of the competition in a celebration and quarter mile, not the most fuel friendly of the lot but a reliable engine non the less if we'll taken care of. This vehicle is a head Turner in any gathering of luxurious and the coupe packs a wicked punch. I will pick this to paint the town red everyday of the week grin

The Lexus IS350 is a sports luxurious sedan, compact in the seating and cargo area, low ground hanging to give it that balance when racing fitted with the most expensive engine in your choice. reliable also with good build quality.

Whatever choice you make, as long as you buy a well maintained vehicle you will be fine.

Important to note that the three cars have plenty of differences.

ES350 is FWD luxury cruiser. Meant for comfort.
The G35 is a raw sports sedan, albeit also well equipped in terms of Luxury.
The IS is in-between the two.

I have a few threads on the G35, since I own one. You'd do well to check them out.

- Cargo space in the IS is poor.
- IS engine is expensive
- ES350 is the most comfortable, cheapest to maintain, and most popular
- G35 is a fuel guzzler, and the closest thing to a sports car you'll get within that price segment.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
nurey:

I have a few threads on the G35, since I own one. You'd do well to check them out.

- IS engine is expensive
- G35 is a fuel guzzler, and the closest thing to a sports car you'll get within that price segment.

If you're a young bachelor, G35 definitely. There's just something about it. wink
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

- IS engine is expensive

If you're a young bachelor, G35 definitely. There's just something about it. wink

I'm leaning towards the G35 because it isn't as popular as the ES350 and feature packed yet cheaper. It's even rated ahead of the ES350 but the fuel consumption and lack of aux input are deal breakers. lastly, this is my first ride
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
nurey:

Is the fuel consumption of the G35 that much compared to ES 350? Also what about the availability of parts and fixing of the car incase of any problems.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
zer0day:

Is the fuel consumption of the G35 that much compared to ES 350? Also what about the availability of parts and fixing of the car incase of any problems.

parts are available, fuel consumption is higher than the ES and IS though you get good Smiles per gallon
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
zer0day:

I'm leaning towards the G35 because it isn't as popular as the ES350 and feature packed yet cheaper. It's even rated ahead of the ES350 but the fuel consumption and lack of aux input are deal breakers. lastly, this is my first ride

There's Aux, though? There are two RCA ports in the center console storage that you can use as an Aux. That's what I use.

I know someone who gets 18mpg with octane boosters. Without boosters, expect 12mpg. Also, G parts aren't as available as ES ones.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

There's Aux, though? There are two RCA ports in the center console storage that you can use as an Aux. That's what I use.

I know someone who gets 18mpg with octane boosters. Without boosters, expect 12mpg. Also, G parts aren't as available as ES ones.

what version of G35 is yours? Reviews online said it's missing Aux so you can't connect your phone to it to listen to music. I'm not pretty vast with car terminologies, i understand 18mpg is miles per gallon but inclusion of octane boosters is kind of confusing. Could you break it down.

Also, what regular and popular cars in Nigeria can you compare the fuel consumption of the car with? Does that mean i can't easily get the parts? What about the ready availability of mechanics in case of fixing?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
nurey:

parts are available, fuel consumption is higher than the ES and IS though you get good Smiles per gallon

What popular cars you compare the fuel consumption with? Can one easily find mechanics to fix it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
zer0day:

What popular cars you compare the fuel consumption with? Can one easily find mechanics to fix it

Direct your question to heavenlybang he uses the G35

king406 uses the IS350 they would answer all your questions.

G35 17L/100km city and 12L/100km highway

ES350 13L/100km city and 9L/100km highway

IS350 11L/100km city and 8L/100km highway

This are manufacturer fuel economy stats
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xzile: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
Are you a tokunbo auto parts dealer in Lagos, Nigeria and Africa? Are you a car owner
or an automobile technician (mechanic) looking for where to buy genuine foreign used
car parts that you can trust? Worry no more, Blessed Chris investment is here to assist
you.
We deal in all Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes and Honda spare parts. E.g
Engines
Gear box
Shock absorbers
Hubs
Beams
Steering rack
Shafts
and many more.
Our parts are sold with guarantee and our shop located at adelotun plaza, osoro Street,
mushin, Lagos.
For further enquiries and info contact Chris on 08039129122
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
zer0day:

what version of G35 is yours? Reviews online said it's missing Aux so you can't connect your phone to it to listen to music. I'm not pretty vast with car terminologies, i understand 18mpg is miles per gallon but inclusion of octane boosters is kind of confusing. Could you break it down.

Also, what regular and popular cars in Nigeria can you compare the fuel consumption of the car with? Does that mean i can't easily get the parts? What about the ready availability of mechanics in case of fixing?

07-2010 have Aux, definitely.

Octane boosters help improve quality of fuel. Nigerian fuel is bad.

In terms of fuel consumption, probably AN SUV like the Acura MDX. Also the LX470 should be similar.

Parts are available but not as available as the ES350. ES is very very popular and shares parts with the Camry Muscle V6, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

I don't see anything particularly complex about this car's mechanical aspect. Just be sure to keep to factory standards, especially with the electrical parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

07-2010 have Aux, definitely.

Octane boosters help improve quality of fuel. Nigerian fuel is bad.

In terms of fuel consumption, probably AN SUV like the Acura MDX. Also the LX470 should be similar.

Parts are available but not as available as the ES350. ES is very very popular and shares parts with the Camry Muscle V6, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

I don't see anything particularly complex about this car's mechanical aspect. Just be sure to keep to factory standards, especially with the electrical parts.

Have you used the Aux before with your phone and it worked? How do you arrange the Octane boosters?

The fuel consumption seems to be on the high side, but how would it fare for 3-4 times a week outing with it and not too much long distances? I don't intend driving it everyday.

Nurey just updated me you drive this beast
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zer0day: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
nurey:

Direct your question to heavenlybang he uses the G35

king406 uses the IS350 they would answer all your questions.

G35 17L/100km city and 12L/100km highway

ES350 13L/100km city and 9L/100km highway

IS350 11L/100km city and 8L/100km highway

This are manufacturer fuel economy stats

thanks bro.. kind406 pls kindly get here oo abi madam no allow u come online today as per weekend nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.