Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi (1911 Views)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / Video Of Arthur Promising Igbos Presidency After Buhari Surfaced (video) / We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by meethumb: 6:24am On Aug 26, 2018
Respected elder statesman and Nigeria’s First Republic Aviation Minister, Chief Mbazulike Amechi, has told the Nigerian government to include Referendum to the constitution and let it be conducted to determine Igbos' fate in Nigeria.

Amechi was reacting following the alleged plot for former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu to succeed President Buhari, while the party has been promised to shift power to South-East (Igbo land).

He also noted that the moves to scheme out the Igbo in the 2023 electoral calculations were reminiscent of Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s collaboration with the northern military regime in the aftermath of the aborted implementation of the Aburi Accord between General Yakubu Gowon and the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu.

“What Saraki said is obvious because those who follow the politics of Nigeria know that it is the game that is going on now. We are not surprised. The Igbo have been neglected and not seen as part of the federation of Nigeria, but as slaves in the country.

“I have read in the papers that the military is going to launch Operation Python Dance 3 in Igbo land alone. If they don’t want the Igbo in Nigeria, let the people of the North and the West say they don’t want the Igbo again in Nigeria and Igbo will go their way. We are not equal partners in the federation and the earlier they conduct a plebiscite the better for us, so that the Igbo can go. And that is where the case of the IPOB is justified.

“We are not begging to remain in Nigeria. Let them allow plebiscite in Igbo land and Igbo will decide whether they will continue to be part of this nonsense or not.

“In my own point of view, which is the general point of view, Buhari should be contented with one tenure. He should not contest in 2019. Somebody from the North should contest for the remaining second tenure to enable the North serve out two tenures. Then after that somebody from Igbo land should contest for the presidency in 2023 and should be supported to become the president. Equity, justice and fairness demand that.

“It was the same thing that Chief Obafemi Awolowo did, he hated the Igbo all his life. He fought the civil war against the Igbo and when the war ended he came up with the idea that every Igbo man should be allowed only 20 pounds no matter what he had in the bank when he was the Minister for Economic Development and a member of the federal executive council.

"The Igbo begged him to reverse the policy to no avail. Not only that, it was Awolowo who advised the Federal Government that starvation was the best instrument of war. So, we are pained to remember that,” he said.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2018/08/2023-its-a-scam-promising-igbos-presidency-we-want-referendum-amechi-tells-apc.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by psychalade: 6:28am On Aug 26, 2018
So its either you are given the presidency free of charge or be allowed to break away from the federation, you are a jester! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Ikenna0b: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2018
Of course. Igbos have said that as loud as we can get. We've screamed it, marched for it, and will continue fighting for it. The only people still fucking decieving themselves that Igbos wants to be part of this shithole or even playing this joke of shit they call politics is the APC E-goats filled this Pitiful forum. Afterall almost every content from the BMC rats is Ipob, ipob like as if Ipob that already said they boycotting any election of that shithole cares about their election or government.

Most Igbo want one thing and one thing alone... Referendum and referendum alone. 99.9% of Igbos can give two rat ass about Niggeria presidency and I don't we can even any more clearer than this. I mean who the heck wants to be president of the most poverty ridden country in the entire world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Racoon(m): 6:40am On Aug 26, 2018
It's very silly limiting the chances of occupying the office of the president to regional interest.
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Nukilia: 6:52am On Aug 26, 2018
Generation of traitors! I am so surprised at folks who claim they're fighting for the Igbo people. undecided Give a few of them opportunity to lead, they'll turn against their people and sing a different song.
I would have expected governors in the SE states to champion this cause, but they'll never do such till they're out of power.
The enemies within..
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by nzeobi(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2018
a man that doesn't find igbos worthy of heading any of the security agencies I wonder how such a man will then hand power to them.
I just pity those falling for the bait.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Emycord: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2018
REFERENDUM and igbo presidency 2023 all in one sentence? and you want nigeria/igbo youths to take you serious ? igbo elders and double speaking. why not take a stand. igbo amaka mma
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by keryj(f): 8:01am On Aug 26, 2018
Does this mean that if an Igbo man run for presidency they will maneuver the way for him to win even if the southeast didn't vote for him angry
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Smarkie: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2018
hmm
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Minjim: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2018
Chai!
This man is really pained

1 Like

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by osazeeblue01: 10:40am On Aug 26, 2018
The only option.

1 Like

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Juchii(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2018
This is exactly what is happening in igboland. Every day it is the politics of hatred. We are so far behind when it comes to politics, why? Just because of hate for a particular region and religion. Every politician now know that Igbos are very easy to manipulate, just play on their emotions and you win their heart.

We should learn from the Yoruba's. They seem to be more civilized. They are very diverse when it comes to political view. They accommodate every view even if it is against their collective interest.

We should stop blaming other people for the problems we create for ourselves. We should stop the habit of shifting goal post all the time. You can't shoot yourself on the leg and blame others for your inability to walk. When will we stop living in self denial and tell ourselves the truth.

How many times have you faced your leaders and criticized them for their poor performance? We have forgotten that we have local government chairman. We have forgotten that we have senators and reps. Why? Because we are so much interested on how other regions run their own affairs and are always quick to criticize them. I can remember how we nearly shut down the internet because one governor empowered their people with wheel borrow and tractor. But we missed the main issue, we missed the glaring question which is, "when last did a governor from any state in the East try to empower his people?

If we want to progress, we should stop dwelling on past glory. We should stop comparing ourselves with other regions just to massage our ego. At least those people understand their problem, admit it and has started working on it. And watch well, they are improving day by day. We have chosen to remain stagnant because we think that we will always remain ahead.

Kenneth okonkwo was very economical with fact when he made a comment that Igbos are toeing the path to wilderness. The truth is that we are already in the wilderness politically, we are about taking the bus to the desert.

Lets ask ourselves this question, if APC or even PDP, should present a candidate from southeast, is he ever going to win? The candidate may even lose in our yard. The implication is that we should start working on ourselves and leave other region to solve their own issues

Many people rained curses on me here the other day just because I expressed my views on politics. I am never going to back down, I am not going to feel threatened by their abuses. If all the curses people lay on us should come to pass, we all will be in the grave by now but thank God for his grace upon our lives. God is the sole judge.

I will continue to give reasons why president Muhammad Buhari is the best president in Nigeria and beyond. My love for him is equal to the love I have for Nigeria as a whole. What matters most to me now is the progress I have experienced in this country under him not about tribe or religion.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by seunmsg(m): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2018
Igbos, old and young never fail to disappoint. They exhume deep rooted hatred and crass emotional silliness. Only God knows what they smoke in that part of the world. How long will they continue to blame Yoruba's for their lack of political foresight?

5 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Lajet: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2018
seunmsg:
Igbos, old and young never fail to disappoint. They exhume deep rooted hatred and crass emotional silliness. Only God knows what they smoke in that part of the world. How long will they continue to blame Yoruba's for their lack of political foresight?

Shut up there what the Old man said is true why is that Yoruba people hated Igbo people with so much passion. You hated igbo people but whenever the said the want Referendum you people will carry the matter for head. What have Igbo people did to Yoruba that will warrant so much hate from Yoruba Old and young people? Please Yoruba people should leave Ndigbo alone.
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by omofunaab(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2018
Lol, These people are funny. ..

1 Like

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by seunmsg(m): 11:03am On Aug 26, 2018
Lajet:

Shut up there what the Old man said is true why is that Yoruba people hated Igbo people with so much passion. You hated igbo people but whenever the said the want Referendum you people will carry the matter for head

You are Igbo and I don't hate you or any of your folks. Purge your system of imaginary hatred from Yoruba's. Nobody has time for such silliness in the 21st century Nigeria. If you people want to asslick Saraki, go ahead and do as you wish, but please, stop dragging Yoruba's into what doesn't concern them.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by TMemos: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2018
Lajet:

Shut up there what the Old man said is true why is that Yoruba people hated Igbo people with so much passion. You hated igbo people but whenever the said the want Referendum you people will carry the matter for head. What have Igbo people did to Yoruba that will warrant so much hate from Yoruba Old and young people? Please Yoruba people should leave Ndigbo alone.

First, go and find out how Awolowo's proposal to include the secession clause into the constitution was opposed. Find out who opposed it. It happened before independence.

Secondly, find out how Awolowo's proposed alliance with Azikiwe's NCNC was opposed. Find out who opposed it.

Thirdly, find out the military government which destroyed federalism in Nigeria. Who enacted the unification Decree in 1966?

Fourthly, find out who handed over power to the military government of Aguiyi Ironsi after the failed coup of Jan 15 1966.
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by TMemos: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2018
seunmsg:

You are Igbo and I don't hate you or any of your folks. Purge your system of imaginary hatred from Yoruba's. Nobody has time for such silliness in the 21st century Nigeria. If you people want to asslick Saraki, go ahead and do as you wish, but please, stop dragging Yoruba's into what doesn't concern them.

It's obvious that some people have chosen to sink with #SinkingSaraki
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by TMemos: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2018
seunmsg:

Yet they fail to answer the questions I posed above.
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Corrinthians(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2018
“In my own point of view, which is the general point of view, Buhari should be contented with one tenure. He should not contest in 2019.

Somebody from the North should contest for the remaining second tenure to enable the North serve out two tenures.

Then after that somebody from Igbo land should contest for the presidency in 2023 and should be supported to become the president. Equity, justice and fairness demand that.
This is really funny. Does he really mean this or he's just kidding?
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by phase1: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2018
Juchii:
This is exactly what is happening in igboland. Every day it is the politics of hatred. We are so far behind when it comes to politics, why? Just because of hate for a particular region and religion. Every politician now know that Igbos are very easy to manipulate, just play on their emotions and you win their heart.

We should learn from the Yoruba's. They seem to be more civilized. They are very diverse when it comes to political view. They accommodate every view even if it is against their collective interest.

We should stop blaming other people for the problems we create for ourselves. We should stop the habit of shifting goal post all the time. You can't shoot yourself on the leg and blame others for your inability to walk. When will we stop living in self denial and tell ourselves the truth.

How many times have you faced your leaders and criticized them for their poor performance? We have forgotten that we have local government chairman. We have forgotten that we have senators and reps. Why? Because we are so much interested on how other regions run their own affairs and are always quick to criticize them. I can remember how we nearly shut down the internet because one governor empowered their people with wheel borrow and tractor. But we missed the main issue, we missed the glaring question which is, "when last did a governor from any state in the East try to empower his people?

If we want to progress, we should stop dwelling on past glory. We should stop comparing ourselves with other regions just to massage our ego. At least those people understand their problem, admit it and has started working on it. And watch well, they are improving day by day. We have chosen to remain stagnant because we think that we will always remain ahead.

Kenneth okonkwo was very economical with fact when he made a comment that Igbos are toeing the path to wilderness. The truth is that we are already in the wilderness politically, we are about taking the bus to the desert.

Lets ask ourselves this question, if APC or even PDP, should present a candidate from southeast, is he ever going to win? The candidate may even lose in our yard. The implication is that we should start working on ourselves and leave other region to solve their own issues

Many people rained curses on me here the other day just because I expressed my views on politics. I am never going to back down, I am not going to feel threatened by their abuses. If all the curses people lay on us should come to pass, we all will be in the grave by now but thank God for his grace upon our lives. God is the sole judge.

I will continue to give reasons why president Muhammad Buhari is the best president in Nigeria and beyond. My love for him is equal to the love I have for Nigeria as a whole. What matters most to me now is the progress I have experienced in this country under him not about tribe or religion.

^^This one is glaringly a damned BMC e-rat, he is not even intelligent enough not to conceal it. grin grin
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by seunmsg(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
This is really funny. Does he really mean this or he's just kidding?

He meant every single word. Old and young, they all think and talk emotionally without any regard to reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Juchii(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

^^This one is glaringly a damned BMC e-rat, he is not even intelligent enough not to conceal it. grin grin

I don't know what you are talking about. Go and check my account, it has been long I registered this account. I have been monitoring Nigeria politics for so long.

I just think that my brothers from the East need some enlightenment. And think you should read the Article written by Dr Uche Diala for more enlightenment.
We Igbos should stop living in self denial
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by statusquoante: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Piggyyeasterners... sad
Always grunting... sad
So Yorubas formed APC and nurtured it so that Igbos can be president in 2023 abi
I mean, isn't that extremely dumbbb for anyone to imagine
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by phase1: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Juchii:

I don't know what you are talking about. Go and check my account, it has been long I registered this account. I have been monitoring Nigeria politics for so long.

I just think that my brothers from the East need some enlightenment. And think you should read the Article written by Dr Uche Diala for more enlightenment.
We Igbos should stop living in self denial

Jude the zombie, keep shut, if you don't consider the 5%er comment of Buhari as degrading to the East then shut the fuccvk and stop insulting our sensibilities, you illiterate, you wrote jamb the other day. Even yorubas won't forgive anyone that insults them by calling 5%ers. They still hate GEJ today for loving Igbos and saying they are his backbone, a comment that is not a direct insult on the yoruba.

Close yout filthy mouth and face your studies, you are a neonate in nigerian ethno-politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Onlybornmacho: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
tongue
psychalade:
So its either you are given the presidency free of charge or be allowed to break away from the federation, you are a jester! grin
And you are psych-alade......psych.... Psych alade
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by pazienza(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
"When Igbos want to vote for a Yoruba President, they do so because his party, personality, antecedents and current political stands appeal to them.
When they want to vote a Fulani President, same as above applies.

When they want to vote for an Ijaw President, the same measures apply.
However, when the idea of voting for an Igbo president appears on the horizon, we hear lines like :-
They must reach out to others.
They must build bridges.
They must accept others.
They must come together amongst themselves first(as if they're killing each other)
They must present one consensus candidate.
I didn't see Ijaw elders scanning the nooks and corners of Igboland trying to reach out before we accepted and voted Jonathan.

The Obas and Afeniferes weren't all over Igboland begging with kolanuts and alligator pepper before we voted Obasanjo.

The Emirs and the Imams from Hausa/Fulani land didn't invade Igboland in their numbers, holding symposia here and there before we voted Bashir Tofa and Umaru Musa Yar'adua in Presidential elections.

You see ehh...... If a man wants to beat a wife he detests, he could go as far as accusing her of making "one kind" eye to him in the dark or she failed to add palm oil to the ripe palm fruits she served him.
If you know, you know" :- Eric Uchenna Chimara

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by pazienza(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ndiigbo had delivered block vote to every single political block in Nigeria, since return of Democracy in 1999.

In 1999and 2003- block vote to Southwest
2007- Block vote to the North
2011 and 2015- Block vote to Southern minorities.

Yet non of these groups had ever returned the favor to Ndiigbo.

When it's time to return the favour, we start hearing stories of how Ndiigbo play bitter politics. But I guess it wasn't Bitter politics when we gave each of them block votes.
The worst is when grown up Igbo men who should know better and see beyond this empty allegations against Ndiigbo, go about helping our detractors to propagate them.

It's alright.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by mophic123: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
If Igbo man contest for president today in Nigeria, he won't get substantial votes from East,Its in their blood to hate themselves.
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Juchii(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

Jude the zombie, keep shut, if you don't consider the 5%er comment of Buhari as degrading to the East then shut the fuccvk and stop insulting our sensibilities, you illiterate, you wrote jamb the other day. Even yorubas won't forgive anyone that insults them by calling 5%ers. They still hate GEJ today for loving Igbos and saying they are his backbone, a comment that is not a direct insult on the yoruba.

Close yout filthy mouth and face your studies, you are a neonate in nigerian ethno-politics.

Who is this person that talk like a kid? I want to even shut me up by force � �. You sound so immature, I can sense that from your write up
Re: 2023: It's A Scam Promising Igbos Presidency, We Want Referendum - Amechi by Greenback: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
statusquoante:
Piggyyeasterners... sad
Always grunting... sad
So Yorubas formed APC and nurtured it so that Igbos can be president in 2023 abi
I mean, isn't that extremely dumbbb for anyone to imagine

Yorubas formed ACN and CPC capitalised on their influence and they formed Apc under the influence and nurture and control of Tinubu but Hausa Fulani capitalised on the sophisticated zombiesm of the Yorubas and became it's president and are in full control of what tinubu/Yorubas nurtured today.
That,Mr sophisticated M,is the true definition of extreme dumbness.

I am a Niger Deltan,but I advise you to leave the Igbos outta your frustrations,thank you.

Lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Ayo Fayose Finally Speaks Out About Osun State Election / I Shows Love To Igbos, Despite Low Votes - Buhari / Buhari Campaign In Edo State Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.