Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,810 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Let The Bible Speak For Itself - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let The Bible Speak For Itself (1879 Views)

What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 10:21am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
ok,let's be practical here!

You mentioned stoning adulterers, that was never instruction from God. I told you it was the Jewish tradition.

There are Other tribes during that era never stoned their adulterers.

So, I cannot begin to stone adulterers in my days simply because i saw people doing that in the bible.

That's what I'm saying

I don't even understand you again. Jewish tradition?

was is not written in the bible?

are you saying not everything written in the bible is the word of God?
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 10:32am On Aug 27, 2018
beatmonster:

I don't even understand you again. Jewish tradition?

was is not written in the bible?

are you saying not everything written in the bible is the word of God?
exactly!
Not all.

But to some other Christians, they can say it is all.
That is the beginning of extremism, I can't be part of that grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Dalam0n: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
these things are past, infact they are not part of christianity.

Remember, I said there is time for everything.
That time was the time of old, may be you should ask people practicing Judaism why did God allowed these.
Not Christians like me.

Because, first of all, the christian bible made me to understand that the law was not from God himself but it was from Moses

John 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
8:5 Now MOSES IN THE LAW COMMANDED US (the Jews, not even Christians) that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Do you see that the law was from Moses and not from God himself ?(what was known as one of the traditional mosaic law of the jews)

Secondly, These kinda laws have been placed optional in christianity.
Meaning, if Christians like the laws they should obey them, if they don't like them they should reject the laws.

And that is what I'm doing today. I am rejecting useless laws.
Hence, it's not everything called the word of God in the bible i should follow. To me, some of them are not God's word but words from mere humans like Moses.

Jesus Christ himself did not keep such stupid laws why then should i?

John8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

11. She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Do you see that now? grin

According to the OT God told Moses to tell the people. Jesus himself berated the people for refusing to stone to death their disobedient children.

He also told them he did NOT come to abolish the law of the prophets.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by beatmonster(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
exactly!
Not all.

But to some other Christians, they can say it is all.
That is the beginning of extremism, I can't be part of that grin

CAPSLOCKED come and see oh grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Hier(m): 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:
Over the years in christianity, there were several cases where some people assuming the position of the leaders of the church misunderstanding scriptures and deceiving the world and Christians(it is still happening today).

For instance, there were times when the church and the whole world was made to believe that the earth was flat in shape and not like a sphere.(a position which was never backed up with scriptures). But billions of people dogmatically believe in this erroneous doctrine simply because their pastors or Pope says so, until the era of Gallelio.

The same thing is still happening today in all churches you can ever step your foot on.

The leader or pastor or Reverend or Father or Daddy GO is the one talking for God and the bible.

The leader is not having a clue of what the bible truly represent or he deliberately do not want to have a clue simply because he is benefiting financially from lies.

The people who are listening to these leaders will not possibly perceive what is happening to them.

And the nation at large is being affected negatively.

If you are an atheist, this is not for you to smile because, your case is even worst.

You are miserable because you are equally affected by the errors of religion so long you interact with people.
You cannot possibly understand what is happening to you.
A religious person with the wrong mindset takes over the position of authority there it goes again.

Bible, you don't know
Quran, you don't know

How then will you redeem yourself as an atheist from the society?

How will you speak and correct that religious person in position of authority from his own religious point of view (if you have the opportunity to do so)when you don't know anything about the bible or quran?

THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE IN SUMMARY

Matthew 22:35
35.Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36.Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Passing the wrong information to people in the name of preaching, is not a way to love them

Everyone want to obey this instruction of christ and live better, but few people are truly willing to undergo the process of understanding what people truly need before they can truly understand how to love them, and that process is education, attending a quality school.

And you will agree with me that there are no quality universities and colleges in Nigeria(or are schools of theological studies quality schools?).

this explains why Christians in Nigeria cannot meet up to this standards of Jesus Christ.

So, they resolve to going church for people to see, so that they can be seen as holy people.

What does Education have to do with the scripture you quoted?

Looooool, you are another height of delusional I'm seeing. Your post is rubbish, and you quite made some false assertions. Assertions that the pastors fed the gullible church members. Most people go to church to worship God, not to see a pastor, but for orderliness to be in place, there must be a Pastor or teacher or G.O. to guide them based on the experience he had with God and How God want them to be led
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
paxonel:

PAYING TITHE AND HOMOPHOBIA IS PART OF CHRISTIANITY, BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT SAYS STONE ADULTERERS AND DON'T EAT CRAYFISH IS NOT PART OF CHRISTIANITY. I HOPE EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS INSANITY.

Because, first of all, the christian bible made me to understand that the law was not from God himself but it was from Moses

I MUST START COMMITTING MURDER AND TAKING MY NEIGHBORS WIVES AS THESE WERE PROHIBITED BY MOSES A COMMON GOAT REARER AND NOT GOD HIMSELF.

Meaning, if Christians like the laws they should obey them, if they don't like them they should reject the laws.

NONSENSE.

CHERRY PICKING. CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN DOING THAT SINCE MORNING.

Hence, it's not everything called the word of God in the bible i should follow. To me, some of them are not God's word but words from mere humans like Moses.

I WONDER THE TECHNOLOGY YOU USE IN RECOGNIZING AND DIFFERENTIATING GOD'S OWN WORDS FROM THAT OF MEN.

IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT SINCE I CAN'T TELL GOD'S OWN WORDS FROM THAT OF THE GOAT REARERS, I'LL JUST CONTINUE TO COMPLETELY IGNORE THE CONTRADICTING BOOK AND TRY TO LIVE A FREE, MORAL, AND HAPPY LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by CAPSLOCKED: 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

According to the OT God told Moses to tell the people.

Psalm 137:9
BLESSED IS HE WHO TAKES AND DASHES CHILDREN AGAINST THE ROCK.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO OBEY GOD AND BE BLESSED.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PAYING TITHE AND HOMOPHOBIA IS PART OF CHRISTIANITY, BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT SAYS STONE ADULTERERS AND DON'T EAT CRAYFISH IS NOT PART OF CHRISTIANITY. I HOPE EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS INSANITY.

I MUST START COMMITTING MURDER AND TAKING MY NEIGHBORS WIVES AS THESE WERE PROHIBITED BY MOSES A COMMON GOAT REARER AND NOT GOD HIMSELF.

NONSENSE.

CHERRY PICKING. CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN DOING THAT SINCE MORNING.

I WONDER THE TECHNOLOGY YOU USE IN RECOGNIZING AND DIFFERENTIATING GOD'S OWN WORDS FROM THAT OF MEN.

IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT SINCE I CAN'T TELL GOD'S OWN WORDS FROM THAT OF THE GOAT REARERS, I'LL JUST CONTINUE TO COMPLETELY IGNORE THE CONTRADICTING BOOK AND TRY TO LIVE A FREE, MORAL, AND HAPPY LIFE.

i was done with you a long time ago, I don't know why lunatics like you are still quoting me grin

Get arrrt!!!! grin grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hier:

What does Education have to do with the scripture you quoted?
does it require education for you to show love to another person yes or no?

If you are meeting me for the first time and I'm in need of something you can help me which you don't know about, If I don't educate you what i needed how will you be able to know exactly what i needed for you to help me out?

Looooool, you are another height of delusional I'm seeing. Your post is rubbish, and you quite made some false assertions. Assertions that the pastors fed the gullible church members. Most people go to church to worship God, not to see a pastor, but for orderliness to be in place, there must be a Pastor or teacher or G.O. to guide them based on the experience he had with God and How God want them to be led
copy out and paste where the op says pastors fed gullible church members let's see, before you label the op rubbish grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
beatmonster:

CAPSLOCKED come and see oh grin
that lunatic?

I have marked his username already grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Jesus himself berated the people for refusing to stone to death their disobedient children.

grin grin grin grin grin
I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Hier(m): 2:08am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
Over the years in christianity, there were several cases where some people assuming the position of the leaders of the church misunderstanding scriptures and deceiving the world and Christians(it is still happening today).

For instance, there were times when the church and the whole world was made to believe that the earth was flat in shape and not like a sphere.(a position which was never backed up with scriptures). But billions of people dogmatically believe in this erroneous doctrine simply because their pastors or Pope says so, until the era of Gallelio.

The same thing is still happening today in all churches you can ever step your foot on. o

The leader or pastor or Reverend or Father or Daddy GO is the one talking for God and the bible.

he leader is not having a clue of what the bible truly represent or he deliberately do not want to have a clue simply because he is benefiting financially from lies.

The people who are listening to these leaders will not possibly perceive what is happening to them.

And the nation at large is being affected negatively.

If you are an atheist, this is not for you to smile because, your case is even worst.

You are miserable because you are equally affected by the errors of religion so long you interact with people.
You cannot possibly understand what is happening to you.
A religious person with the wrong mindset takes over the position of authority there it goes again.

Bible, you don't know
Quran, you don't know

How then will you redeem yourself as an atheist from the society?

How will you speak and correct that religious person in position of authority from his own religious point of view (if you have the opportunity to do so)when you don't know anything about the bible or quran?

THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE IN SUMMARY

Matthew 22:35
35.Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36.Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Passing the wrong information to people in the name of preaching, is not a way to love them

Everyone want to obey this instruction of christ and live better, but few people are truly willing to undergo the process of understanding what people truly need before they can truly understand how to love them, and that process is education, attending a quality school.

And you will agree with me that there are no quality universities and colleges in Nigeria(or are schools of theological studies quality schools?).

this explains why Christians in Nigeria cannot meet up to this standards of Jesus Christ.

So, they resolve to going church for people to see, so that they can be seen as holy people.

see bolded for hint to my comment on gullibility
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Hier(m): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
that lunatic?
I have marked his username already grin
can't you defend yourself without calling for help every now and then
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by Hier(m): 2:12am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
does it require education for you to show love to another person yes or no?

If you are meeting me for the first time and I'm in need of something you can help me which you don't know about, If I don't educate you what i needed how will you be able to know exactly what i needed for you to help me out?
copy out and paste where the op says pastors fed gullible church members let's see, before you label the op rubbish grin

stop talking a bout education, it's pointless, you need to accept that.

among the illiterate, do you want to say love doesn't exist. please, stop talking about this education of a thing on the thread, it doesn't carry matter
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:17am On Aug 28, 2018
Hier:

stop talking a bout education, it's pointless, you need to accept that.

among the illiterate, do you want to say love doesn't exist. please, stop talking about this education of a thing on the thread, it doesn't carry matter
education is required for love to be truly effective does not mean that love doesn't exist among the illiterates.

Love also exist among lower animals as well.

But all the op is saying that, it takes a higher standard of education to achieve the kind of love christ came to preach to the world.

Look at it this way, there is a direct relationship between the economy of a nation and the standard of universities and colleges the nation can afford to it citizens.
In other words, nations of the world with better universities and colleges ended up having better economy due to the fact that there are more educated people living in those nations.
And nations with underrated schools like Nigeria and most African countries will end up having stagnant or slow growing economy .

Why is it so?

Because most of the political leaders who were supposed to come with good ideas of administration to the citizens are direct products of the general society which includes the universities and colleges the nation can afford to it citizens.

And you know that administration is all about love, which is the self- will of the leader to do what is right at all times.

To even do what is right at all times, it requires knowledge.

With this, you can see the inter-conectivity between love and education.

The op, will not possibly include all these to it explanation thinking that the reader should think and understand while reading

It also explain why a parent who truly love his child should send him or her to a school, which is the greatest legacy he can ever afford to the child.

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Hier:

can't you defend yourself without calling for help every now and then
are you sure you are having a overall view of what is happening on this thread? grin
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 6:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Hier:

see bolded for hint to my comment on gullibility
so, how does the bolded asserted that pastors fed gullible church members?

Rather, they are even pointing out the opposite.

Pastors are the onces feeding on gullible church members.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by denisbid: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
education is required for love to be truly effective does not mean that love doesn't exist among the illiterates.

Love also exist among lower animals as well.

But all the op is saying that, it takes a higher standard of education to achieve the kind of love christ came to preach to the world.

Look at it this way, there is a direct relationship between the economy of a nation and the standard of universities and colleges the nation can afford to it citizens.
In other words, nations of the world with better universities and colleges ended up having better economy due to the fact that there are more educated people living in those nations.
And nations with underrated schools like Nigeria and most African countries will end up having stagnant or slow growing economy
to add to this,
Nigerians value love as much as they value their churches and mosques because love is preached in their churches and mosques.
But Nigerians will never value education because they are yet to see that education should be part of that love they preach in their churches and mosques.
This is a big set-back to Nigeria,
A big set-back to African christianity.

Now, who is to blame for this?

Because ,I will blame the politicians for not doing what they were supposed to do a long time ago.
If I should have my way leading this nation I will flush out all the churches and mosques, they are not playing their significant role towards developing the nation.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by tintingz(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
then obviously, you did not study the bible objectively for many years.

It happened to me too,
I was taking the bible according to the normal or conventional theological pattern for many years, until after my graduation from school. That was when i began to reason logically enough and started thinking objectively and questioning some of these conventional doctrines.

Instead of dumping the bible to become an atheist I started reading the bible again from the scratch as if i didn't know anything.

Today, every questions i couldn't get answers before, i can clearly see all the answers now.
Since you now clearly sees all the answers, do you believe in all doctrines in the Bible?
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by tintingz(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
because the same word to God have made me to understand that not all his words in the bible are specifically for me or people of my generation.

So i choose the ones that are for me and this current era I'm living, and leave the ones that were documented for people of the old, which still reflects in the bible today.

Remember, there is time for everything.
I think you're being dishonest here.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by tintingz(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:

Remember, I said there is time for everything.
That time was the time of old, may be you should ask people practicing Judaism why did God allowed these.
Not Christians like me.

John 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
8:5 Now MOSES IN THE LAW COMMANDED US (the Jews, not even Christians) that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Do you see that the law was from Moses and not from God himself ?(what was known as one of the traditional mosaic law of the jews)

Jesus Christ himself did not keep such stupid laws why then should i?

John8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

11. She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Do you see that now? grin
Lol, so some part of the Bible is western law right? grin

You're just wallowing in dishonesty.
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
denisbid:
to add to this,
Nigerians value love as much as they value their churches and mosques because love is preached in their churches and mosques.
But Nigerians will never value education because they are yet to see that education should be part of that love they preach in their churches and mosques.
This is a big set-back to Nigeria,
A big set-back to African christianity.
Exactly!
You have said it all.

Now, who is to blame for this?

Because ,I will blame the politicians for not doing what they were supposed to do a long time ago.
If I should have my way leading this nation I will flush out all the churches and mosques, they are not playing their significant role towards developing the nation.
even the most brutal military dictator will encounter problems with this approach of yours grin

You know, democracy is goverment for the people, and the people who are so religious will come for you .
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by denisbid: 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
Exactly!
You have said it all.
even the most brutal military dictator will encounter problems with this approach of yours grin

You know, democracy is goverment for the people, and the people who are so religious will come for you .
then, let them come!
We will dig it to the end.
I will let them know that I'm the commander in chief grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by paxonel(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
denisbid:
then, let them come!
We will dig it to the end.
I will let them know that I'm the commander in chief grin
so, how about the option of correcting the religious leaders and get them truly educate the people?
Re: Let The Bible Speak For Itself by denisbid: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
paxonel:
so, how about the option of correcting the religious leaders and get them truly educate the people?
so far they have never listened to anyone.

They assume the position of God to the gullible people.
Where i did my internship in hong kong two years ago, I noticed that it was constitutional that the government should regulate everything religion.

A child was not allowed to go to church or the Hindu temple until he or she is 19.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divination / God Is One-sided / God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.