Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west (27149 Views)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / North Will Not Cede Power To South In 2023 — Arewa Youth Consultative Forum / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by panch001(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Conduct referendum for the Ndigbo first!

If they decided to remain then you can now talk of Igbo presidency!
Point of kwarektion it's lefelendum not "referendum" thank u.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
MrSly:

Please all Igbos want Biafra. Igbo Politicians who have no shops nor establishment but depends on free money may like to protect their business.

I am not Ibo but thanks to the internet, I know this to be true that most ibos in their heart want Biafra. But then this is also why so long as there is a Nigeria an Ibo will not it's president. Unfortunately for the Ibos, Nigeria is constituted in such a way that the north have checkmated that possibility.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
babaolofin:

Mr man, you sound frustrated. You are not well exposed, experienced & sound politically. You said Shagari & Alex Ekwueme frustrated Awolowo from becoming a president. You are a very funny person. Sorry for your bitterness. I also noticed you are a novice & nobody politically by saying murdeous Awolowo, even if you intended saying murderous, it does not make sense.

What value did Alex Ekwueme bring to Shagari to become President that makes him denying Awolowo from becoming a President? So, NPP that won Anambra,IMO & Rivers had frustrated Awo. Did NPP have more votes than UPN? Akinloye, Umaru Dikko & Uba Ahmed were more powerful in that government than Ekwueme. I pity you

You are the one who is clearly angry my brother, powerhungry Awo thought he was wise and could smuggle himself into presidency just like you are trying to do again. I am only reminding you of history lesson. Even though Awo chose an Ibo (Steve Onu I think) to fool himself deceive Igbos into forgetting his murderous infanticidal crimes, the basic fact remain that he got the boot.

Let us embrace the truth and make peace with it, no yoruba man will be elected president before an Igbo, even the north will use this fact as a campaign strategy to get southern and Eastern votes by reminding us that yorubas have taken their turn and they'll be making a good point. They will remind you and I that no one owes yorubas and no one will step down for yorubas to be president.
Call it divide and rule but it will work. So it is your best interest to support Igbo presidency before thinking of yoruba presidency except you are ready for a very long Northern rule till you become frustrated and start asking for disintegration. Igbo no longer really care, they are already immune to your insult and are building bricks with the stone you've been throwing at them since 1970.

This is just the facts no sentiments.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Shukuakukobambi: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
grin grin

Yet he calls me "wicked". cry cry

Shuku okuko bambiala forgive him.....for he knoweth exactly what he's doing cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Corrinthians(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
I am blunt, i dont hide my thoughts under the tongue at all. I will put out a blunt input here.

1, Igbo coup of 1966 and the massacre of Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani was the product of blame. Igbo blamed the other regions for inequity, unfairness and corruption. Their true intent was to consolidate power in Igbo hands and exclude the other two from rulership. This became clear in who succeeded those eliminated from power. In the Army Igbo promoted its sons and excluded Yoruba and Hausa....it particularly rewarded Christians.

Over 90% Yorubas in Army at the time were Christians, they were excluded from promotions.

Prior to that coup here is what Yoruba had done to Igbo...

1, accomodated Igbos escaping attacks in North but could not returned home to East.

2, accomodated and mentored Igbos into the business and political circles pioneered by Yorubas.

3, Sir Louis Ojukwu was not discriminated against when he approached and got financing from a loan syndicate group owned by Yorubas. He was trying to go into prime real estate but did not succeed with it like he did in transportation.

4, Azikiwe was not discriminated against when he was brought into NCNC, a Yoruba party....and subsequently wooed in to lead it.

5, Azikiwe started the first Ibo bank, ACB (African Continental Bank). He did not found the bank. The original name of the bank was Tinubu Properties and Mortgage, founded by Yorubas and well established. Azikiwe was a shareholder and used Ibo subscriptions to later buy the company and then changed its name. The Yorubas owners could have chosen to not sell to Igbo.

6. Yorubas founded Lagos Stock Exchange and Presided it. One of the early presidents was an Igboman, Louis Ojukwu. The richest Nigerian of that era was a shipping magnate, Chief Henry Fajemirokun, a Yoruba.

Fajemirokun was the first African on the board of publicly traded multi-national in UK at the time. The Yorubas could easily have made Fajemirokun President of their Stock Exchange - a clearinghouse for publicly traded companies. Yet they put an Igboman.

7, While Yorubas were accomodating Igbos and nurturing your forefathers your Azikiwe was backbiting Awolowo.

First he agreed with Awo to treat the issues of minorities in the regions and Awo went along to allow referendum in West. Azikiwe then colluded with North, that North and East will be greatly disenfranchized if they submitted to demands of Tiv and Middle Belt in North, and COR in East.

Second, he colluded with Balewa to form government after Awo had approached him with a consensus for alliance.

There are many more but lets save them for another day....

So, looking at the above relationships, Yoruba should be the one bitter at Igbo. You have done us great injustice and wrongly stamped all kind of labels on us that we did not earn....all because you envy our position as the most advanced race in Black Africa.

You Igbos have a problem which no one outside can help you solve. Your problems are many but the most glaring is your attitude towards others. You believe in coercion and force but others believe in consensus. When you are approached for a concensus you refuse to negotiate because you dont believe you should serve under anybody or play second fiddle. You want the top and if it will not be given you then put all kind of dirty labels on those that gave you offer. You disparage and speak ill of them. You demand forcefully to get as an entitlement what you rejected and refused to accept in consensus.

You are a psycho!

Let me give you some highlights here...

1. Awolowo, in 1979, UPN, picked an Igbo as running mate.

Has any Igbo presidential aspirant ever picked a Yoruba as running mate?

2. Obasanjo in 1999 changed the fate of Igbo and opened doors for you that previously had been shut in your face in both political and military positions. The Yorubaman brought the likes of Ngozi, Ihejirika, Soludo, Ezekwesili, and so on, into limelight.

Whereas under Jonathan government you played to exclude Yorubas from government.

3. PDP has never fielded an Igbo in Presidency or Vice Presidency, yet you prefer it to Buhari who has record of twice choosing Igbo as running mate.

You did injustice to yourself and treated yourself immorally when you could have built consensus with Buhari and voted him in so the Igbo could succeed in his own turn to Preside over Nigeria.

Ojukwu was a presidential candidate. If you truly wanted justice and morality you could have reached to others with consensus to support Ojukwu, and by extension Igbo, into Presidency. Instead you planted labels and disparaged others.

You are a freak!

In Lagos, Igbo is where it is today because of Tinubu. As Governer he opened doors for you. He brought you in his cabinet. He created a template for your inclusion...yet you rebelled and believed you should not serve under Yoruba on his own soil. You began calling Lagos a no man's land and that you are entitled to be governor. You told your benefactor that it was you who developed the state, not him.

Tinubu laboured and built consensus and we have APC. Anything APC you disparaged and spitted on.

Ngige, your own son, was treated as dirt and dishonored....called all kind of names and those trying to get him into Anambra Government House as your Governor were ethnically abused and called amala and ewedu and almajiri. You even imposed a no-go ban on others coming in to campaign for him in SE. You mocked and ridiculed Osun and their governor. You barricaded El Rufai in hotel room and prevented his participation in the support rally.

While you were busy shutting out APC from SE, Tinubu was also busy turning SW into APCified region.

Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, all APC....

The only APC you have, Imo, has not had peace in its four years. As we speak you Igbos are trying to make your region APC free.

Now that Tinubu is lined up to be rewarded for his works you suddenly realize a Yoruba is going to be your President in 2023 and all your primordial fears of serving under Yoruba returns. Now you want the top post...the Presidency, and you dont want it via consensus, you dont want to work under anyone and advance up to the top, no! ....you just want it handed to you because according to your hallucinated minds you deserve it.

Now, I havent hit you with the blunt input yet. I will close here but here is the blunt...

Do like you did in 1966. Carry out a coup and install an Igbo President. Thats the only way you are getting that position if you are unwilling to wait your turn, which comes in 40yrs from next year.

Awon were.

Baba lo ma pa Ibo! angry
See brutality. cry cry cry

Fear God bro, fear God. cry

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by bewla(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
Use the same Brian you used to analyse my comment to analyse yours. You said only one man said so, tell me, are you ten men? Or, let me guess, you gathered ALL Igbos together and they made you their spokesperson and asked you to tell us these, right?

Mtscheeew.

Your opinion doesn't even matter, and I know you know it. All you can do is rant and rave and curse on the internet. cheesy cheesy

U missed this, read It again.

Read this thread here n read thousands of similar threads on nairaland political section n u will see thousands of igbos speaking in unison that they aren't interested on presidency.
Don't u just get it? We simply don't care, open it thick coconut skull let it enter, WE DONT bleeping CARE. WE ARE THE PEOPLE AND THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
famosh:

The Southsouth doesn't necessarily hate you IPIGs! They deal with you with caution because they know how una be! The only reason they're a bit bitter towards the North right now is because of the way their son was kicked out! And of course, they're fast moving on (when you wey e no concern still dey bitter), & that's why APC is entering their region so deep! Na only una dey do bitter politics, & that's why Ngige isn't senate president now!
Do you know how many APC senators Rivers state have now? Doesn't that tell you something?

By the way, haven't you wondered why they vehemently rejected being part of your biiafraud even when you're forcing it on them? They'd rather be in Nigeria, or more preferably, on their own than be with the IPIGs!

You yorubas are too emotional and sentimental, even though you try to hide it and accuse Igbos of same just like you claim 'Igbo hate themselves' while yoruba muslims keep trying to strangulate yoruba christians among other sources of division in your yoruba region. grin

Calling me IPIG won't change the factoids on ground and that fact still remains that yoruba will always fail to be president as long as Northern candidates will contest for the presidency and choose the Eastern regiom as runner-mate. cheesy

It is the reality of the one naijeriyya you want to die for, I didn't make it so, blame your Awo who wanted one naijeriyya so badly so he could destroy Igbos post-Civil war. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by MrSly(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
geometricaxis:

I am not Ibo but thanks to the internet, I know this to be true that most ibos in their heart want Biafra. But then this is also why so long as there is a Nigeria an Ibo will not it's president. Unfortunately for the Ibos, Nigeria is constituted in such a way that the north have checkmated that possibility.
Nobody likes to be addressed with wrong identity. North or no north Nigeria is a time bomb. One day it will explode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by oluwasegun007(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
Haba. Can we be honest with ourselves for once. Ndigbo hasn't played their cards well since 2015. They've refused to move on from Jonathan's defeat even when his very own kinsmen have. You don't gain political mileage by being needlessly antagonistic, you do by building alliances, making compromises, and building bridges.

The earliest Ndigbo can produce the country's president as we speak is 2031 and I believe they will. Saying anyone is surprised the SW will produce the president after Buhari's second term is just being plain dishonest.

In addition, given their posturing at the moment, if peradventure someone else from the North besides Buhari becomes the President, then it implies the earliest they'd produce president would be 2035 because I don't see such a candidate not going for a second term. All these (the likelihood of 2035) is ASSUMING a Vice President from the SE exists from 2023 - 2035.

There's also another angle. If Buhari isn't returned and a South Westerner is chosen as the vice just to counter balance the Osinbajo effect during the polls, then it implies power might go to SW after the fresh candidate from PDP does two terms, which means the SE would be looking at genuine chances from 2043!

These are the chances that exist given the nature of Nigerian politicospare.

I so much appreciate your critical analysis of the chances of S. E.

However my stance will always be as long as the South East would not speak in one voice and form Alliance with good bargain with either the South west or North the position is still bleak..

That's why if the political interest at the National level would not favour the South west arc rivals like obasanjo, fayose and tinubu would suddenly be friends... A typical example was obasanjo / tinubu Alliance during GEJ time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by TMemos: 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
MrSly:

Please all Igbos want Biafra

Did you conduct a poll or referendum to arrive at sweeping conclusion?

How is it possible that 100% of Igbos want Biafra? How?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by scantee(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Who cares about their useless presidency? An average Igbo man don't give a damm about this country.

If Buhari likes he should remain President for 200yrs it will never stop my daily alerts.

We are not made from the proceeds of any government or their help. We thrive by self efforts and determination.

Proudly "Nwa-afor"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Lumig: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
TMemos:
The Igbos need to determine what exactly they want. They pass out contradictory messages too much.

They say they want Biafra or nothing.

In this report, they are worried that Presidency may not come their way in 2023.

They say they don't need the Presidency to develop.

They say they don't want APC, that APC will lose in 2019 and yet are worried about APC's choice for the Presidency in 2023.

Confusion!
Gbam! You have nailed it...

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
MrSly:

Nobody likes to be addressed with wrong identity. North or no north Nigeria is a time bomb. One day it will explode.
Until then
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

The slaves are those whose destinies are tied to PDP but are less than useless there. Whatever is coming to the South from PDP henceforth belongs to Wike and you have mouth to talk?

You that the army has been using for target practice since 1967 still doesn't know who the slaves are?

You whose elders are trooping to Ota to beg OBJ for salvation from buhari still doesn't know who the slaves are?

No wonder you've even become a herdsman who is no more useful than an online tout for PDP yet in your delusion, you still mention biafra. You're doomed to slavery as it is

So much hatred in the heart of someone that preaches one Nigeria. Do u preach one Nigeria because you love Nigeria as one entity, or do u preach one Nigeria because it opposes the choice of the people you hate so much?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
buhahahahahaha

the BUKOLA saraki they are supporting is not Yoruba. Bukola is an Ibo man from emekuku grin

awon werey

later they'll be calling other people slaves

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
gurnam:

It’s the most politically confused region in Nigeria.
As usual, Saraki just pushed their mumu button by throwing a banana into their midst.
#confusion
guy chop knuckle

they are so easy to manipulate!!!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Shukuakukobambi: 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
ikennaf1:

So much hatred in the heart of someone that preaches one Nigeria. Do u preach one Nigeria because you love Nigeria as one entity, or do u preach one Nigeria because it opposes the choice of the people you hate so much?

I don't preach one Nigeria. I don't even want one Nigeria and I don't preach hatred either. I'm only drilling truth and reality into the skulls of those who love deluding and confusing themselves
Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by famosh: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

You yorubas are too emotional and sentimental, even though you try to hide it and accuse Igbos of same just like you claim 'Igbo hate themselves' while yoruba muslims keep trying to strangulate yoruba christians among other sources of division in your yoruba region. grin

Calling me IPIG won't change the factoids on ground and that fact still remains that yoruba will always fail to be president as long as Northern candidates will contest for the presidency and choose the Eastern regiom as runner-mate. cheesy

Yorubas aren't emotional & don't play idiotic & unintelligent politics like the IPIGs! That's why Yorubas have been president for 8 years & will be VP for 8 years! The SS, who've now ruled for 6 years, are also a lot smarter & will still produce the president AGAIN before even an IPIG! Nobody wants to be too close to the IPIGs because of their bitter politics, man, can't you see?

And can you tell us the northern candidate & his IPIG vice that would win the presidential election in 2023, when Buhari will be supporting his own party who would be producing a Southwesterner?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

You are the one who is clearly angry my brother, powerhungry Awo thought he was wise and could smuggle himself into presidency just like you are trying to do again. I am only reminding you of history lesson. Even though Awo chose Steve Onu to fool himself deceive Igbos into forgetting his murderous infanticidal crimes, the basic fact remain that he got the boot.

Let us embrace the truth and make peace with it, no yoruba man will be elected president before an Igbo, even the north will use this fact as a campaign strategy to get southern and Eastern votes by reminding us that yorubas have taken their turn and they'll be making a good point. They will remind you and I that no one owes yorubas and no one will step down for yorubas to be president.
Call it divide and rule but it will work. So it is your best interest to support Igbo presidency before thinking of yoruba presidency except you are ready for a very long Northern rule till you become frustrated and start asking for disintegration. Igbo no longer really care, they are already immune to your insult are building bricks with the stone you've been throwing at them since 1970.

You are frustrated & nobody politically. Is it Philip Umeadi Awolowo' s running mate you called Steve Onu. I pity your situation in Nigeria.

You hate Buhari, you hate APC. Why concentrate on APC matters? You are frustrated. We run multi parties system. If APC fields a Yoruba, PDP, ADC, Labour & 40 or more parties can field IBO presidential candidates. After all, saraki has gone to PDP. It is even better to allow APC fields a Yoruba man then PDP fields an IBO presidential candidate, then let us test our strength. After all, you said Yorubas are slaves to the Hausas, there you are their masters.

Only frustrated & embittered person complained when he has choice to make.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
Haba. Can we be honest with ourselves for once. Ndigbo hasn't played their cards well since 2015. They've refused to move on from Jonathan's defeat even when his very own kinsmen have. You don't gain political mileage by being needlessly antagonistic, you do by building alliances, making compromises, and building bridges.

The earliest Ndigbo can produce the country's president as we speak is 2031 and I believe they will. Saying anyone is surprised the SW will produce the president after Buhari's second term is just being plain dishonest.

In addition, given their posturing at the moment, if peradventure someone else from the North besides Buhari becomes the President, then it implies the earliest they'd produce president would be 2035 because I don't see such a candidate not going for a second term. All these (the likelihood of 2035) is ASSUMING a Vice President from the SE exists from 2023 - 2035.

There's also another angle. If Buhari isn't returned and a South Westerner is chosen as the vice just to counter balance the Osinbajo effect during the polls, then it implies power might go to SW after the fresh candidate from PDP does two terms, which means the SE would be looking at genuine chances from 2043!

Very good analysis except it assumes that even if one is presented by one of the parties, the rest of the country will vote for a SE candidate whether 2035 or 2043. I think you underestimate the trust that has been broken with all the hate speeches and calls for biafra. So you analysis only works if both parties present candidates from the SE.

Now if i am party A and Party B fields a candidate from the SE and i'm touch with the mood of the nation then I'm not going to field a candidate from the SE. because there will be a large number of people that will not want to vote for a SE candidate, if i give them an option they will not only vote for me but they will be motivated to come out to vote for me. I know people who were tired of Tinubu's godfatherism and would have stayed at home in the lagos gov election but came out and voted for Ambode (not because they liked him) but becuase they were voting against Agbaje who represented the Ibo candidate. remmember there was a lot of noise about "no mans land", "jump in the lagoon" etc then.

If Ibos havent recovered from the civil war to the point that people who's fathers werent born then are shouting Biafra and talking about the civil war of 1966, it shows how hard it is to forget these things. Therefore it is naive to expect the rest of the country will forget the vitriol that emanated from the SE post 2015 in a hurry and vote for a SE president or VP. There is nothing in the constitution that says power must rotate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:
I don't know why people are losing sleep over this 'Igbo presidency' issue. The matter is very simple, if yoruba can't wait for the Igbo to take their rightful turn regardless of party and vote an Igbo man even after the East voted OBJ, then they should all be ready to let the North rule forever.
yoruba presidential candidature in APC will be challenged by political heavyweights from North+SE+SS.
yoruba will vote yoruba, but North will vote their own, SE and SS (who have always voted in the same pattern) will definitely not vote a yoruba candidate who wants to greedily eat their cake and still have it.
Yes, yoruba greed will not be authenticated with votes from the Eastern region. It is either the East takes their turn or yorubas be prepared for almajiri rule till nigeria breaks.

There will be no elected yoruba president before an Igbo president, yoruba have taken their turn and must repay by supporting an Igbo president the way Igbos supported OBJ whether they like it or not. This is not by shouting about some fake 'yoruba political wisdom or sophistication'. It was not yoruba political wisdom that made OBJ president. Other nigerians made OBJ president.

It is simple logic that I don't lose sleep over. Let a yoruba candidate come out and test my analogy on election day. Let see how he wins with north voting north, and East voting against their greed and insult to Igbo land.

and who is going to be the Ibo president? grin

is it Peter obi whose political career is on life support after the Anambra election? grin

or okoro awusa you rejected son who is struggling to even install a successor while he's still the governor of his stats? grin

or is it obingo who can barely go a week without wearing Ankara with his own pictures on in grin

oh maybe it's amaechi you people hate so much for campaigning for buhari grin

wait... let me think

oh is it okowa? or umahi? grin oh it's ikpeazu grin

buhahahahahaha

the south east doesn't have political heavy weights!!! even when your hero ojukwu ran for president he lost in his own south east grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Minjim:
In a country with 91 political parties and tonnes of politicians, you ppl have singled out only Apc and Tinubu to blame for not actualizing ur political ambition?

Why can't you ppl support Apga, and groom it into a formidable party in the entire East, then you can lay claim.

But now, in APC, you ppl have contributed almost nothing but assume it's ur turn to get the most.
How logic does that sound?
they always feel entitled!!!

they are just crybabies

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

You are the one who is clearly angry my brother, powerhungry Awo thought he was wise and could smuggle himself into presidency just like you are trying to do again. I am only reminding you of history lesson. Even though Awo chose Steve Onu to fool himself deceive Igbos into forgetting his murderous infanticidal crimes, the basic fact remain that he got the boot.

Call it divide and rule but it will work. So it is your best interest to support Igbo presidency before thinking of yoruba presidency except you are ready for a very long Northern rule till you become frustrated and start asking for disintegration. Igbo no longer really care, they are already immune to your insult are building bricks with the stone you've been throwing at them since 1970.

You are frustrated & nobody politically. Is it Philip Umeadi Awolowo' s running mate you called Steve Onu. I pity your situation in Nigeria.

You hate Buhari, you hate APC. Why concentrate on APC matters? You are frustrated. We run multi parties system. If APC fields a Yoruba, PDP, ADC, Labour & 40 or more parties can field IBO presidential candidates. After all, saraki has gone to PDP. It is even better to allow APC fields a Yoruba man then PDP fields an IBO presidential candidate, then let us test our strength. After all, you said Yorubas are slaves to the Hausas, there you are their masters.

The APC is built on foundation laid by ACN.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by famosh: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
phase1:

Call it divide and rule but it will work. So it is your best interest to support Igbo presidency before thinking of yoruba presidency except you are ready for a very long Northern rule till you become frustrated and start asking for disintegration.

This man is extremely deluded, & that's one characteristic of the IPIGs! Nobody needs the IPIGs to win any election! The voting population of the 5 States of the minority IPIGs is not more than 2 million! That's how irrelevant the IPIGs are! So stop deluding yourself that anyone will think of enticing the SE! Nobody likes the IPIGs, from the north to the SW. Even SS deal with you cautiously!
The North & SW would vote a SS president AGAIN a million times before voting an Igbo man!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
gurnam:

You are not even coherent! Your elders and Kanu have really created a huge problem for you politically!
I can’t understand the morality your elders are yapping! The morality I know will not allow a man working in zenith bank to be drawing salary from Union bank.
You all are 100% inside PDP but want to have a say with what APC does in 2023 with their ticket.

Fools!
guy you don kill them with this jab

lol@ zenith staff drawing salary from Union Bank grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
babaolofin:

You hate Buhari, you hate APC. Why concentrate on APC matters? You are frustrated. We run multi parties system. If APC fields a Yoruba, PDP, ADC, Labour & 40 or more parties can field IBO presidential candidates. After all, saraki has gone to PDP. It is even better to allow allow APC fields a Yoruba man then PDP fields an IBO presidential candidate, then let us test our strength.

Ah more pains! cheesy

You don't need to pity us, you should pity your region instead, I've been there. You brag about access to the presidency but yet the East keep besting you on Education, technology, entrepreneuship and even security.
The population of able bodied yoruba beggars in Iwo road and Molete in Ibadan is more than the population Choba community in River state. cheesy

The Only IDP camps in the south are situate in Osun and Oyo, is that the benefit of your access to the presidency? Now who should pity who? grin

There is no embitterness, the choice is very simple and the facts are clearer than sunlight, there will be no yoruba presidency before Igbo presidency, if you like throw insults like amala balls all over the place.

As long as you try to steal power from the backdoor, you'll be checkmated.

We in the East are very much sensitized and politically aware. It is live and let's live, let the Eagle perch and let the dove perch too, if one says the other will not perch, let his wing break. #Igbophilosophy101

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by BabaRamota1980: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corrinthians:

My brother,
We already put the numbers and permutations in the model for both APC and PDP and it returned a favorable position for Ibo beginning in 2040, counting from next year.

Now, listen to this bro....that 2040 is a forecast, not a schedule. I say that to let yanminri know that if they dont come up with any political shenanigan between now and then, everything else being the same...one of these parties will field Igbo and he will win.

But you see, i know yanminri like i know back of my hand. They cannot resist the temptation to bring up a confrontation with govt...which would then extend this forecast from 2040 to 3000 and beyond.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
famosh:

This man is extremely deluded, & that's one characteristic of the IPIGs! Nobody needs the IPIGs to win any election! The voting population of the 5 States of the minority IPIGs is not more than 2 million! That's how irrelevant the IPIGs are! So stop deluding yourself that anyone will think of enticing the SE! Nobody likes the IPIGs, from the north to the SW. Even SS deal with you cautiously!
The North & SW would vote a SS president AGAIN a million times before voting an Igbo man!

Stop yelling! Mr Emotional yoruba man. grin

And stop deceiving yourselves that you are not emotional. Only one yoruba have ever been elected president after you went on an EMOTIONAL killing spree of non-indigenes on your land, and after that yoruba was made president by the North and East to placate you. Nothing sophisticated there buddy. It's like saying a baby is sophisticated for crying to get cerelac after being denied breast milk. grin

Also sounds like it your yoruba votes that even irrelevant according to historic factoids. grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Jaideyone(m): 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
jomonic:
Yoruba and covetousness for power. Narratives have of late bombarded the internet about how Yoruba shall have the presidency after Buhari. This narrative comes coated in subtle deceit, that the Igbo lost their opportunity by not supporting APC. How can this be the basis if not that it serves the purpose of this wicked political calculation. My own position is that the presidency of Nigeria must be open to all tribes. Yoruba was allowed to produce a candidate for presidency in 1999 in an arrangement where the flag bearer of the two major political parties were both Yoruba. The only way forward for Nigeria at this point in time is to replicate the 1999 scenario. If this is not done it will be better to restructure Nigeria or break up the country. I do not believe that my people can endure this relegation without challenging it. Nigerians should be wise.
oh you mean the APC you labelled as amala and ewedu Islamic party should sit down and pick an nyamiri FL*athead as it's candidate? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by phase1: 5:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
and who is going to be the Ibo president? grin

is it Peter obi whose political career is on life support after the Anambra election? grin

or okoro awusa you rejected son who is struggling to even install a successor while he's still the governor of his stats? grin

or is it obingo who can barely go a week without wearing Ankara with his own pictures on in grin

oh maybe it's amaechi you people hate so much for campaigning for buhari grin

wait... let me think

oh is it okowa? or umahi? grin oh it's ikpeazu grin

buhahahahahaha

the south east doesn't have political heavy weights!!! even when your hero ojukwu ran for president he lost in his own south east grin

You are masking the pains of my facts with fake smileys. cheesy

IPOB agrees with you that, Igbo won't be president, so nothing new. Let us talk about how Tinubu olojukokoro will make Atiku, Tambuwal, Markafi, Kwakwaso fall into deep sleep while he snatches the presidency from the North and East with only yoruba votes and take it to yoruba land? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Ndigbo Worried Over New Plot To Cede Power To S/west by Lumig: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
I am blunt, i dont hide my thoughts under the tongue at all. I will put out a blunt input here.

1, Igbo coup of 1966 and the massacre of Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani was the product of blame. Igbo blamed the other regions for inequity, unfairness and corruption. Their true intent was to consolidate power in Igbo hands and exclude the other two from rulership. This became clear in who succeeded those eliminated from power. In the Army Igbo promoted its sons and excluded Yoruba and Hausa....it particularly rewarded Christians.

Over 90% Yorubas in Army at the time were Christians, they were excluded from promotions.

Prior to that coup here is what Yoruba had done to Igbo...

1, accomodated Igbos escaping attacks in North but could not returned home to East.

2, accomodated and mentored Igbos into the business and political circles pioneered by Yorubas.

3, Sir Louis Ojukwu was not discriminated against when he approached and got financing from a loan syndicate group owned by Yorubas. He was trying to go into prime real estate but did not succeed with it like he did in transportation.

4, Azikiwe was not discriminated against when he was brought into NCNC, a Yoruba party....and subsequently wooed in to lead it.

5, Azikiwe started the first Ibo bank, ACB (African Continental Bank). He did not found the bank. The original name of the bank was Tinubu Properties and Mortgage, founded by Yorubas and well established. Azikiwe was a shareholder and used Ibo subscriptions to later buy the company and then changed its name. The Yorubas owners could have chosen to not sell to Igbo.

6. Yorubas founded Lagos Stock Exchange and Presided it. One of the early presidents was an Igboman, Louis Ojukwu. The richest Nigerian of that era was a shipping magnate, Chief Henry Fajemirokun, a Yoruba.

Fajemirokun was the first African on the board of publicly traded multi-national in UK at the time. The Yorubas could easily have made Fajemirokun President of their Stock Exchange - a clearinghouse for publicly traded companies. Yet they put an Igboman.

7, While Yorubas were accomodating Igbos and nurturing your forefathers your Azikiwe was backbiting Awolowo.

First he agreed with Awo to treat the issues of minorities in the regions and Awo went along to allow referendum in West. Azikiwe then colluded with North, that North and East will be greatly disenfranchized if they submitted to demands of Tiv and Middle Belt in North, and COR in East.

Second, he colluded with Balewa to form government after Awo had approached him with a consensus for alliance.

There are many more but lets save them for another day....

So, looking at the above relationships, Yoruba should be the one bitter at Igbo. You have done us great injustice and wrongly stamped all kind of labels on us that we did not earn....all because you envy our position as the most advanced race in Black Africa.

You Igbos have a problem which no one outside can help you solve. Your problems are many but the most glaring is your attitude towards others. You believe in coercion and force but others believe in consensus. When you are approached for a concensus you refuse to negotiate because you dont believe you should serve under anybody or play second fiddle. You want the top and if it will not be given you then put all kind of dirty labels on those that gave you offer. You disparage and speak ill of them. You demand forcefully to get as an entitlement what you rejected and refused to accept in consensus.

You are a psycho!

Let me give you some highlights here...

1. Awolowo, in 1979, UPN, picked an Igbo as running mate.

Has any Igbo presidential aspirant ever picked a Yoruba as running mate?

2. Obasanjo in 1999 changed the fate of Igbo and opened doors for you that previously had been shut in your face in both political and military positions. The Yorubaman brought the likes of Ngozi, Ihejirika, Soludo, Ezekwesili, and so on, into limelight.

Whereas under Jonathan government you played to exclude Yorubas from government.

3. PDP has never fielded an Igbo in Presidency or Vice Presidency, yet you prefer it to Buhari who has record of twice choosing Igbo as running mate.

You did injustice to yourself and treated yourself immorally when you could have built consensus with Buhari and voted him in so the Igbo could succeed in his own turn to Preside over Nigeria.

Ojukwu was a presidential candidate. If you truly wanted justice and morality you could have reached to others with consensus to support Ojukwu, and by extension Igbo, into Presidency. Instead you planted labels and disparaged others.

You are a freak!

In Lagos, Igbo is where it is today because of Tinubu. As Governer he opened doors for you. He brought you in his cabinet. He created a template for your inclusion...yet you rebelled and believed you should not serve under Yoruba on his own soil. You began calling Lagos a no man's land and that you are entitled to be governor. You told your benefactor that it was you who developed the state, not him.

Tinubu laboured and built consensus and we have APC. Anything APC you disparaged and spitted on.

Ngige, your own son, was treated as dirt and dishonored....called all kind of names and those trying to get him into Anambra Government House as your Governor were ethnically abused and called amala and ewedu and almajiri. You even imposed a no-go ban on others coming in to campaign for him in SE. You mocked and ridiculed Osun and their governor. You barricaded El Rufai in hotel room and prevented his participation in the support rally.

While you were busy shutting out APC from SE, Tinubu was also busy turning SW into APCified region.

Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, all APC....

The only APC you have, Imo, has not had peace in its four years. As we speak you Igbos are trying to make your region APC free.

Now that Tinubu is lined up to be rewarded for his works you suddenly realize a Yoruba is going to be your President in 2023 and all your primordial fears of serving under Yoruba returns. Now you want the top post...the Presidency, and you dont want it via consensus, you dont want to work under anyone and advance up to the top, no! ....you just want it handed to you because according to your hallucinated minds you deserve it.

Now, I havent hit you with the blunt input yet. I will close here but here is the blunt...

Do like you did in 1966. Carry out a coup and install an Igbo President. Thats the only way you are getting that position if you are unwilling to wait your turn, which comes in 40yrs from next year.

Awon were.

Baba lo ma pa Ibo! angry
Guy, you're too blunt and wicked. The nailing is too hard and deep grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do Not Travel To South-West For Now – Arewa Youths Tell Northerners / Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution / Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.