Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution (27142 Views)

Lekki Massacre: Who Gave The Order? Fredrick Nwabufo / Buhari Considers Sack, Prosecution Of Ibrahim Magu / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by nairalandankrah: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
THE Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) has called for the dismissal, arrest and prosecution of Nigerian Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed for lying to Nigerians over the killing of unarmed #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate.

HURIWA noted that if President Muhammadu Buhari fails to punish the minister he would be remembered as a dictator who oversaw the massacre of young Nigerian protesters.

It added that generations unborn would never forgive the president if he spares Mohammed.

HURIWA likened the minister’s action to a denial of the Holocaust, the killing of six million Jews by Adolf Hitler.

- -
“We are asking the President Muhammadu Buhari to order the arrest and prosecution of his minister of information, Lai Mohammed for committing a grave and heartless offence that is equivalent to the denial of the Holocaust of the six million Jews by Adolf Hitler which is punishable by nearly half a century of incarceration,” the group said in the statement.

While commending the members of the panel for a job well done, HURIWA asked the Buhari not to sweep the lawlessness of the security agencies under the carpet.
https://www.icirnigeria.org/lekki-toll-gate-group-calls-for-lai-mohammeds-sack-prosecution-for-lying-to-nigerians/

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by clarocuzioo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dishonourable Minister of Disinformation and Lies.

363 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Laggafin: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
He should be castrated first before being sacked and jailed

204 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Maxymilliano(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
He should not just be sacked but prosecuted and jailed for misleading the nation but unfortunately, he was appointed by Buhari to lie and give false information to the nation and the rest world.

187 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Crossroad1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
It still baffles me that in all the atrocities going on in this country, from bandit to boko haram to iswap to kidnapping to gumi to malami or Malawi, no one has even for once mentioned impeaching buhari..

306 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day - LASG and FG (IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos and was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also has a job to manage the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by omowolewa: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nice

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Tochi3(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
This panel report has fu"ck'e"d up terrorists and zombies.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by gwafaeziokwu: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
I am not and can never be a Fan of Tinubu, Lai or Buhari and I agree largely with the report of the Panel but the entire reportage is not balanced.

The government of the day LASG and FG (largely IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.
1. Why is nobody reporting that the government allowed the protest to last for over 2 weeks in lagos, Abuja and several other cities meaning that the govt. recognizes the right to protest.
2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.
3. Why is nobody talking about how the protest have degenerated into a crisis situation with prison break, burning of Police stations, killing of police men, looting and destruction etc. As at 7pm of 20.10.20, over 30 police stations in Lagos was on fire and several policemen killed.
Last but not the least, the people that were at the lekki toll gate protest venue at the time of arrival of the military cannot be said to be law abiding. They were defying a government imposed curfew which is to take effect by 4pm that day.
Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also be up and doing in managing the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents

You are alive, therefore you are free to turn logic on its head and ask very irritating questions.

Victims of Nigeria's shambolic nationhood do not have such luxury. Most have gone to the great beyond.

Only nature and karma can give you a well deserved rebuttal for trying to justify the shooting of unarmed/harmless youths because your government felt they were constituting nuisance on their toll gate.

Next time your child create a nuisance at home, shoot him dead. If you don't have a gun, use knife and send him to early grave.

Soulless human beings everywhere.

366 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Adekamkpe23: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
What's his crime?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
I am beginning to like how things are turning out now. This one will catch the old papa of impunity that Nigerian called their information minister and culture minister. I wish international bodies will buy this case and also give out their suggestions in terms of dealing with this murderer called Lie Muhammad.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

You are alive, therefore you are free to turn logic on its head and ask very irritating questions.

Victims of Nigeria's shambolic nationhood do not have such luxury. Most have gone to the great beyond.

Only nature and karma can give you a well deserved rebuttal for trying to justify the shooting of unarmed/harmless youths because your government felt they were constituting nuisance on their toll gate.

Next time your child create a nuisance at home, shoot him dead. If you don't have a gun, use knife and send him to early grave.

We need law and order first. I campaigned vigorously against this Govt but as soon as elections are over then we wait for the next. Buhari must go is a call for Anarchy

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Rexwalters1: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:

The government of the day LASG and FG (largely IG of Police) did not manage the entire EndSars protest professionally. The brute force that was used to disperse the protest at Lekki toll gate was the only option left for the Government at that point in time and these are my reasons.

2. Why is nobody talking about how the protest at the toll gate gave birth to many other protest sites in several parts of lagos was making normal life unbearable for other citizens due to road blocks and all.

Citizens have all right to protest but the government should also be up and doing in managing the overall security situation in the communities. My 2 cents
Nicely asserted.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Rexwalters1: 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

When I got back to Lagos & saw the damage done, they deserved what they got, Public Miscreants.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by JOemmy(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Waste of time lie muhammad is saying exactly what is in the mind of buhari he will never sack him. I don't even know why there's so much global attention to this lekki massacre when this buhari's nepotic regime have even done far worse in massacring thausands of ipob and shia members?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tollyboy5(m): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Young man I also felt the protest should have stopped when SARS was disbanded but I came to think of this again.
Nigeria innocent youth only wanted disbandment of SARS to save the lives of many youth that would have been dead by now.

1) Nigeria government don't give a dam.n about her citizen and caused the protest to last due to their ingenuity in disbanding SARS and the you never relented .
After disbandment the youth wanted other things fixed for Nigeria but the government at this time felt they can't be dictated for.

2) Your number 2 really showed you never followed the protest, you're only trying to defend the government. The protest never started at lekki toll gate, lekki toll gate only became focal point to many people

3) Know how to use your words wisely, we all following the protest and also partaking heard people had been killed at lekki toll gate .
Then the riot began. Don't think the youth are dumb, if something similar happen to our gallant youth next time it will be face to face battle with the government.
Once beaten twice shy.
The army cause the destruction not hoodlums .

Yet today our youth still gallantly protested this year.
If them born any politician well again after this lekki massacre evidence make he clamp down on protesters -
Chapii:

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tollyboy5(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
Rexwalters1:
When I got back to Lagos & saw the damage done, they deserved what they got, Public Miscreants.
Oh! shocked you mean your family lol

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
tollyboy5:
Young man I also felt the protest should have stopped when SARS was disbanded but I came to think of this again.
Nigeria innocent youth only wanted disbandment of SARS to save the lives of many youth that would have been dead by now.

1) Nigeria government don't give a dam.n about her citizen and caused the protest to last due to their ingenuity in disbanding SARS and the you never relented .
After disbandment the youth wanted other things fixed for Nigeria but the government at this time felt they can't be dictated for.

2) Your number 2 really showed you never followed the protest, you're only trying to defend the government. The protest never started at lekki toll gate, lekki toll gate only became focal point to many people

3) Know how to use your words wisely, we all following the protest and also partaking heard people had been killed at lekki toll gate .
Then the riot began. Don't think the youth are dumb, if something similar happen to our gallant youth next time it will be face to face battle with the government.
Once beaten twice shy.
The army cause the destruction not hoodlums .

Yet today our youth still gallantly protested this year.
If them born any politician well again after this lekki massacre evidence make he clamp down on protesters -
your no 3 point says that if that should happen again the gallant youth will go face to face with govt but unfortunately since after 20.10.20 no successful protest have held again. I am not happy about that because protests are necessary but we the youths will learn to be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tollyboy5(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
your no 3 point says that if that should happen again the gallant youth will go face to face with govt but unfortunately since after 20.10.20 no successful protest have held again. I am not happy about that because protests are necessary but we the youths will learn to be reasonable.
Sars has been disbanded already bro.
In my Area Ojo Lagos . at sighting of kurupe all my niggars on the run and we don't smoke or drink .
We just sit at the T-junction with one eyes sighting for kurupe
At the same time we'll be hearing voice note of guys who escape gunshot from Sars . because you're not a victim na why you dey talk like this.
As I been dey vex during endsars if to sey I have one family killed by those idiot and I see you talk like this real life .... Make I no tok.

15 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Chapii: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
tollyboy5:

Sars has been disbanded already bro.
In my Area Ojo Lagos . at sighting of kurupe all my niggars on the run and we don't smoke or drink .
We just sit at the T-junction with one eyes sighting for kurupe
At the same time we'll be hearing voice note of guys who escape gunshot from Sars . because you're not a victim na why you dey talk like this.
As I been dey vex during endsars if to sey I have one family killed by those idiot and I see you talk like this real life .... Make I no tok.
I have never been harassed by SARS and no matter how bad they are, they are still instrumental in fighting crime. I have lost money to Agbero and LASTMA. When you guys are ready to protest against that call me. Not SARS

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tollyboy5(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Chapii:
I have never been harassed by SARS and no matter how bad they are, they are still instrumental in fighting crime. I have lost money to Agbero and LASTMA. When you guys are ready to protest against that call me. Not SARS
You lost money,and people lost lives.
Get lost you selfish soul

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tollyboy5(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nigeria is filled with bitter people, someone lost money to agbero and family lost love once to SARS.
You feel #EndSars is not important because you've not been harassed lol

36 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Kuriosmynd: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
In a sane country,even Buhari would be sacked for that Massacre

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Hemanwel(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
I still think General Muhammadu Buhari does not have the intellectual capacity to understand the gravity of the indictments in the Judicial Panel report. To him, the whole thing is just business as usual. So, asking the Lying Machine to be sacked and be prosecuted is mere noise to him

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by BrickDevo: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Booked
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by KhingLufem1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by obembet(f): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Scammers
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by parzdor(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wa
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by tradepunter: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Haahah
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Aboguede(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
This one lie Mohamed photos is in all the posts today abeg oh Na em post birthday ni shocked
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by Omoluabi16(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
What will his dismissal solve?
Re: Lekki Massacre: HURIWA Calls For Lai Mohammed’s Sack, Prosecution by SecretReporter(f): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
T

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye / BUSTED: London Wellington Hospital Disown Metuh’s Dr Casey / See The Newly Constructed Obollo Eke-agala-okpaligo Road In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.