Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support (27148 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: How Running Mates May Decide Presidential Election / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State / Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Alozie21(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has declared that the State is yet to decide who it will support for the presidency in 2023.

The Governor also chided a former Minister of Transport and Rivers Director, Atiku Supporters, Dr. Abiye Sekibo, saying he lacks the capacity to speak for the people of the State.

Wike declared that the Rivers PDP governorship candidate, all the House of Representatives, Senate and House of Assembly candidates would win in the 2023 general elections.

He however disclosed that the State was yet to determine what to do concerning the presidential election.

“PDP will win our State. I am not hiding it as far as the governorship, House of Reps, Senate and State Assembly are concerned. The other one we have not decided until the right thing is done,'' he said.

Wike described Sekibo as a self-seeking politician, who was unable to attract democratic dividends of any kind to the state and his Okirika hometown when he served as a Minister.

The governor spoke during the inauguration of 319 ward and 32 constituency liaison officers in Government House, Port Harcourt on Monday.

Wike said: "I watched a video when one Dr. Abiye Sekibo, while he was addressing people in his house on Sunday, said he is the director of Atiku's Supporters in Rivers. I have no problem about that. But he does not have that capacity to speak on behalf of Rivers State.

"In that video, he said that River State has been having a close relationship with Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and that Rivers State has always benefitted from Atiku Abubakar. I want to correct one impression, Dr. Abiye Sekibo has a personal relationship with Alhaji Atiku, not Rivers State.

"Dr. Abiye Sekibo was Minister of Transport when Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was the Vice-President of Nigeria. Can you people mention one project in Okrika, I don't even want to talk about Rivers State, in Ogu/Bolo, one project that he brought down to Rivers State. Is there anyone?"

Wike said leadership was not about personal aggrandizement, but serving the people, protecting their interests while building up others as competent successors.

The Governor said people like Dr. Sekibo number among those, who were never satisfied with the fortunes they had enjoyed in life, otherwise, he should have been silent in the public sphere for his failure in leadership.

He said: "I was a Minister, junior Minister in that matter. But I am proud to say anywhere I go to in this state (Rivers) ,I brought dividends of democracy to Rivers state.

"As a junior Minister, I brought the Oil and Gas Polytechnic to Rivers State which is sited in Bonny. There was no Faculty of Law at the University of Port Harcourt since the creation of that institution, but I brought it.

"As a Minister, I made sure Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic and the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, even if they are State's institutions. I made sure they got grant of N500m each."

Wike also mentioned his several educational interventions at the primary and secondary school levels, which depicted what true leadership should be.
https://thenationonlineng.net/we-are-yet-to-decide-presidential-candidate-to-support-wike/amp/

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by slivertongue: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Stop acting your script I know say na ObiDatti una wan support. Talk am, no shame, no fear, nobody go beat you.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by DadaHammed: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
If you like support your empty bottle of kai-kai for the presidency. Na you sabi.
Nigerians will elect their leader with or without you.

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
For me, Bola ahmed Tinubu is my choice. He is the next president . I like it when haters and Wailers see my post about Tinubu and they begin to cry,wail and gnash their teeth. As e dey pain them e dey sweet me here.

123 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Abdu81: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
The hope of the Nigerians is coming

221 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Righthussle: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
Make we check something.

Like for Wike share for Atiku.

219 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Urheadmaster(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
duro4chang:
For me, Bola ahmed tinubu is my choice. He is the next president

Of course.

Tinubu will be the next president of your backyard, not Nigeria.

God forbids BATting tongue undecided

209 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Of course.

Wailer, let it get to your brain that the man tinubu is the best man for the job. The incoming president. E pain you? Aswear e sweet me.

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Chinjo2: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wike can go to hell for all I care. Atiku has moved on since and wike is still foaming from the mouth. Wike can NEVER be president of this country not after refusing to support that the presidential candidate of PDP be microzoned to the South East. This forced peter Obi to leave APC for him.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Alozie21(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
He made his choice and his choice should be respected
Urheadmaster:

Of course.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by SILVERLINES: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
duro4chang:
For me, Bola ahmed tinubu is my choice. He is the next president
how urchins were made

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Urheadmaster(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
duro4chang:
Wailer, let it get to your brain that the man tinubu is the best man for the job. The incoming president. E pain you? Aswear e sweet me.

Go and eat your agbado and drink water before agbado block your throat tongue undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Go and eat your agbado and drink water before agbado block your throat tongue undecided
Make I laff you, kikikikikikh! E pain you. Tinubu is our next president in Nigeria.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
SILVERLINES:
how urchins were made
Cry me a river joor. E pain you? You go soon commit suicide for Tinubu matter. E dey sweet me as you dey cry.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by SILVERLINES: 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
duro4chang:
Cry me a river joor. E pain you? You go soon commit suicide for Tinubu matter. E dey sweet me as you dey cry.
Whose Tunibu are you mentioning here? The epileptic one?

32 Likes

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by BossGerald: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hehehe

Urchins has already concluded wike would vote for them grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
SILVERLINES:

You need to have your head examined!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by LTCtech: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wow.

Well don't forget to check our signature should you need a business website or a mobile app
Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by duro4chang(m): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2022
SILVERLINES:

Tinubu: The incoming president. The best man for the job. The next president of Nigeria. The person whose name makes You tremble. The Jagan . The winner. The conqueror. The name that's giving you headache right now. Tinubu you don't want to hear his name but will become your present in 2023. The person I love dearly. The person you will bow for.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by SILVERLINES: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
duro4chang:
You need to have your head examined!!!
only if your poor and miserable father was an intellectual and educated I should have been discussing matters with him not a kid like you. I'm not your mate go and play with your mate out there.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Timatayo1: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
Go and support anyone you like idiotic talker thief

1 Like

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by highchief1: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Chinjo2:
Wike can go to hell for all I care. Atiku has moved on since and wike is still foaming from the mouth. Wike can NEVER be president of this country not after refusing to support that the presidential candidate of PDP be microzoned to the South East. This forced peter Obi to leave APC for him.
never as in how?do u know if u will die this year?when did u become a god to be using never

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Alozie21(m): 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
How much will it cost to get a standard and responsive SEO blog
LTCtech:
Wow.

Well don't forget to check our signature should you need a business website or a mobile app
Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by ryloy: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
God bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Brendaniel: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wike should not bother himself on supporting any candidate, he should focus on fighting Atiku

Obi all the way to Aso rock 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by YoungLionken(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Because of bribery and corruption, political relationship and loss of consciousness, it's Tinubu..

But for the sake of the balance and appreciation of posterity, clear conscience and selflessness, it's Peter Obi...

2 Likes

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by mbahdi(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Lousy man
Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Kagd10: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wike my guy
Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by Angelfrost(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sigh... What the fvck does that even mean?!

What's the meaning of "We"?! He and his townspeople or the entire Rivers state of independent minded individuals?!!

How does a governor decide whom his millions or thousands of citizens vote for in a democracy?!!

What an idiot!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: We Are Yet To Decide Presidential Candidate To Support by dam2000(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wike will be disgrace next year Magnus Abe will win river state

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Commends Gambian President, Jammeh, For Conceding Defeat / He Is An Impostor, A Meddlesome Interloper - NLC Disowns Lamidi Apapa / Buhari Leaves New York For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.