Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup (2100 Views)

How Is Your Weekend Going? Mine In Pictures With Egusi And Bitterleaf Soups / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
So decided to try my hand on this today.
After some egusi soup research

I try ooooo

See final result

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Turkey, smoked fish, cowleg kpomo and stock fish
i only boiled the turkey and stock fish for like 5 minutes and added the others there so I could snap and manage space... My kitchen no big and I no get enough plates to separate everything

Washed and dried bitterleaf

Blended tomato/pepper and onions

Small extra crayfish plus grounded egusi/cameroun pepper/crayfish

2 Likes

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
In process:

Hot oil/onions/blended tomato and pepper

After adding the egusi

After rigorously stirring for some minutes and adding a Lil water

Adding the dried bitterleaf

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
Still in process:

Stirring with after adding seasoning(maggi and salt), I don't know any others besides curry and thyme and if I add those ones here, I will just scatter the taste of the soup

After adding all the animals I mentioned above and some more water,

Final result as above and after letting it boil for like 10 minutes

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by BoboKush(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
:[ make I bring plate

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by wisino1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
You tried but too much oil

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Closer range

Inside plate with my other soup

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by chiommy123(f): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Op this is frying method btw you use tomatoes to prepare egusi soup won't it change the taste.
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
BoboKush:
:[ make I bring plate

Lol, yes bring plates

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
wisino1:
You tried but too much oil

I have problem with oil, it's either I put too much or I don't put enough... Anytime I put the perfect quantity ehhh, body de sweet me welwel
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
Op this is frying method btw you use tomatoes to prepare egusi soup won't it change the taste.

Yeah, I don't know about the other method,maybe I love try it next time
Yes it changed the taste to sweet soup grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by chiommy123(f): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
oneroflo57:

Yeah, I don't know about the other method,maybe I love try it next time
Yes it changed the taste to sweet soup grin grin grin
lol. OK am used to the other type cos it makes the egusu to clot. But this frying type scatters the egusi lol. I just found out lately sha. Enjoy your meal. Btw should I bring plate for my own egusi and tomatoes soup. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
lol. OK am used to the other type cos it makes the egusu to clot. But this frying type scatters the egusi lol. I just found out lately sha. Enjoy your meal. Btw should I bring plate for my own egusi and tomatoes soup. Lol

Well thank you for your observations and comments
I will definitely try that other method cause I like the clotting egusi soup too

Lol, of course you can.there is love in Sharing...but bring small plate ooo and your own fufu grin grin grin
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by wisino1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
oneroflo57:

I have problem with oil, it's either I put too much or I don't put enough... Anytime I put the perfect quantity ehhh, body de sweet me welwel
my own is salt
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by Mariangeles(f): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
oneroflo57:
Closer range

Inside plate with my other soup
You really did well!

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by baby124: 3:40am On Aug 29, 2018
You tried OP. You did not have meat water from boiling the meat. I can’t cook Egusi or Apon without ewuro. It gives it a nice taste. Well done.
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2018
wisino1:
my own is salt

Lol, like my girlfriend... She ll keep adding salt and be looking for taste that did not loss in the first place... Then it becomes over tasty
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2018
baby124:
You tried OP. You did not have meat water from boiling the meat. I can’t cook Egusi or Apon without ewuro. It gives it a nice taste. Well done.

I added, they don't boil turkey with much water so the water was very very small
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by baby124: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2018
oneroflo57:

I added, they don't boil turkey with much water so the water was very very small
Who said they don’t boil turkey with water. Those are tales by moonlight. If you need water for your soup, use enough to boil the turkey as long as it’s not too much. Maybe just enough to cover the turkey in the pot. Some of the water will dry out while you have enough for your soup. You shouldn’t be using ordinary water in any soup.

1 Like

Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by missuju: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
Pls how did u wash ur dried bitter leaf. Bcs I hv mine and its very long when I try to use it to.cook.its so bitter ... Pls
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
baby124:

Who said they don’t boil turkey with water. Those are tales by moonlight. If you need water for your soup, use enough to boil the turkey as long as it’s not too much. Maybe just enough to cover the turkey in the pot. Some of the water will dry out while you have enough for your soup. You shouldn’t be using ordinary water in any soup.

I didn't say they don't boil turkey with water,
Like you already said, not much water and some of the water ll dry in the process, that's why it wasn't visible in the pic, it was small
Re: My Dried Bitterleaf Egusi Soup by oneroflo57(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
missuju:
Pls how did u wash ur dried bitter leaf. Bcs I hv mine and its very long when I try to use it to.cook.its so bitter ... Pls

Lol, wash it like you were washing jeans, do the process like 2 or 3 times.. With different water oooo

(1) (Reply)

Jelloff Rice / See What A Nairalander Bought As Cashew In A Supermarket / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.