Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria (51877 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics / Motorcyclists Smuggle People Across Ogun/Oyo, With N100 Bribe - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2018
Akaujaa:

I agree with you bro...Cost of accommodation in Makurdi is too high. For food, one can say its relatively cheap, depending on the part of Makurdi you reside.
thanks for staying this. I'm a regular visitor there. A plate of pounded yam there costs so little. Maybe the guy above hardly goes elsewhere in the country. If he does, he'd have been able to compare costs in reach state. I didn't mention south-south even in my post because it's crazy. I travel everywhere in nigeria due to the nature of my job. In a town called Oghara alone in the south-south, a hotel accommodation costs 9k. Whereas in makurdi, you could still get the one of 4k and it would look nice. Do you know Madonna Hospital in makurdi? I used to lodge in the hotel by the road leading to the place. It's still 5k as at June. It's such a nice place.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Kalaba(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2018
grin
Decale:
I am in Abeokuta now and you're a liar... grin
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 27, 2018
Boyooosa:

The same thing KANU wanted to repeat for Igbo's again but his people are now wiser.
Lol
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by mranova(m): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2018
unohbethel:

https://politicsngr.com/top-10-nigerian-cities-lowest-cost-living/

Where's Jos on your list? Definitely your research isn't complete.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2018
chukxie:

God bless you and the parents that raised you. Travelling abroad has shown me that with speed trains a person can live in one state and work in the neighbouring state.
amen, you too. But you are right. We have manufacturers across all the continents of the earth. Most of them are located in remote villages. Amazingly, train gets to their locations. You come to Lagos, buy a plot of land for a whooping sum of 20m and use 10m to build it to your taste. Whereas, the same amount could buy have of your village Land for farming. Isn't that appaling? If there were a functional rail transport system, we have no business living in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Realname: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2018
awelekiti:
Ibadan and Makurdi, Yes! You could still get 20 naira taxi in Ibadan as I speak. How I wish our government were not corrupt since independence. There would have been functional rail system across Nigeria by now. Living in those cities would have been fun. Ibadan is as quiet as Banana Island. I would have just been working in Lagos but living in Ibadan. Once it's 5:30, I'd just get to the train station, awaiting the fast speed train that would take me to Ibadan in less than one hour. How I wish we gained independence only around year 2000, Nigeria would have far been better than south africa by now because those oyinbos would have used our resources to provide basic amenities for our people. They are not as greedy as we are. Those who rushed to gain independence had an ulterior motive....selfishness!

Agreed

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by DrTims(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
So true man sad
awelekiti:
Ibadan and Makurdi, Yes! You could still get 20 naira taxi in Ibadan as I speak. How I wish our government were not corrupt since independence. There would have been functional rail system across Nigeria by now. Living in those cities would have been fun. Ibadan is as quiet as Banana Island. I would have just been working in Lagos but living in Ibadan. Once it's 5:30, I'd just get to the train station, awaiting the fast speed train that would take me to Ibadan in less than one hour. How I wish we gained independence only around year 2000, Nigeria would have far been better than south africa by now because those oyinbos would have used our resources to provide basic amenities for our people. They are not as greedy as we are. Those who rushed to gain independence had an ulterior motive....selfishness!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Krakboi(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
You just feel you have to comment.... What's the error in his writeup now? Sometimes just read and move along!

Omoekun931:
and this baba is a graduate o... Writing like my little niece in nursery 2
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Juliearth(f): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2018
acenazt:
Bros ur list is useless without Kaduna plus you should edit your work and give space.

I was expecting Kaduna to top the list....and Jos too

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by DrTims(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2018
Badt guy grin
Badb0y4lyf:

I support you Makurdi should be swapped with otupko I drank beer at 100 naira then still selling For 150 now even the pnssy is close to free what else can a man ask for ?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Topbrass: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2018
Ekez:
Where you put Edo state eeeh?
u are right. I missed my days there while schooling. only downside is no money
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2018
TheAngry1:
Lagos is cheaper than all these cities o! If you know Lagos, you can eat correct food for N50 grin grin grin...if you can live in Meiran or Ayobo axis, you can get houses to rent for cheap. Lagos accommodates every pocket...millionaire or Nairania grin grin grin
Omo Meiran/Ayobo spotted.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by dalongjnr: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2018
if I no see jos in the list above, I will not take it.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by SexTin(f): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2018
Claroo:

Totally agree.....served in oyo town

Things were cheap
Yeah, I Live In Oyo Town, So, D OP Must Be On Weed, Putting Ibadan There.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by chukxie(m): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2018
awelekiti:
amen, you too. But you are right. We have manufacturers across all the continents of the earth. Most of them are located in remote villages. Amazingly, train gets to their locations. You come to Lagos, buy a plot of land for a whooping sum of 20m and use 10m to build it to your taste. Whereas, the same amount could buy have of your village Land for farming. Isn't that appaling? If there were a functional rail transport system, we have no business living in Lagos

Amen. Again, you've spoken like a wise man. Don't you sometimes wonder if our leaders have the reasoning faculties of human beings? Sometimes I can't help but think our leaders and policy makers are goats because they reason illogically most times. If we had good rail networks linking every major city in Nigeria, hunger would be eradicated to a great level because getting agricultural produce from one point to another would be breeze. This is a no brainer. But to our leaders and policy makers such ideas is far from their brains.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Baselm: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2018
lobul:
I served at Ilorin, Erin ile precisely and I stay in a room apartment standard room with separate kitchen
#10k annually
Erin Ile is in kwara state, not Ilorin. Erin Ile is about an hour's drive from Ilorin. You can't get that kind of house in Ilorin cos Erin Ile is a small town, not as developed as Offa.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2018
OboOlora:
Please include Oshogbo, duplex for that town na 250k/annum
wait, are u serious?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by dammyluvalagbe: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2018
zamfara u go cook soup wit 200
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2018
Macjossy:
I thought I will see Enugu.... Transportion and feeding are very very cheap in Enugu expect housing.......
ya, housing is not cheap and they dont even have water.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Chocolatesauce(f): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2018
Your list is not correct sir,what of Kano??
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2018
Oga OP let me summarize 4 u(thank me later).
Some of ds ur 10cities na rabbish. I was expecting to see jos(i no see). All in all some of dis ones u mentioned na LIE. However, some part of Lagos is supposed to b there coz there are different places 4 diff pockets. In conclusion, u re a like them(bloggers). We knw how dem de....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by campbelljosh(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2018
That of Abeokuta is a big lie o. OP who told you cost of living is cheap there?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Rajosh(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2018
your list is incomplete without Bauchi.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2018
asuustrike1:

Is warri a city?

You try to compare Warri to Ikot Ekpene and Ikom? shocked

Thanks for the joke. grin

awelekiti:
lol. You're right but the kind of slavery we've suffered in this country in the hands of our selfish leaders since independence is second to none. You graduated, served but remained indoors afterwards without a job. Your parents, because they needed something to rely or depend on at their old age, sent you and your siblings to school with their hard-earned money yet, instead of them enjoying the proceed of their labour, they're still the ones feeding you and siblings after graduation, with no hope of settling down. Many of our parents settled down in their early 20s. Whereas you're entitled to stipends until you're able to secure a job but the govt is doing nothing. We have resources that could take care of this. Those Boko haram alone had kidnapped and killed outnumbered those imprisoned in south Africa you mentioned. Many had died needlessly due to bad roads, insecurity, lack of food, drugs, etc. What of those killed by the Fulani herdsmen in cold blood? The number put together would shock you. These were caused by our people not the oyinbos my brother. I'm always afraid of driving my SUV to my town to visit my aged parents cos of kidnappers they say have taken over our roads. Same buhari you mentioned imprisoned the highest number of Nigerians any govt had done in history, all in the name of corruption, and even without trials or proofs in the 80s when he was Military head of state. I was in primary school that time. Same thing Is happening now, sending people to prison and violating or disobeying court orders in a democracy. This isn't the type of a leader we crave. This reminds me of what late Idi amin of Uganda once said, that freedom of speech may be guaranteed but what happens after uttering the speech may not be guaranteed, you know what that means? You have loads of criminals including Tinubu, Amaechi and the likes in your govt yet, you claim you're fighting corruption without touching them? Once you leave the apc, you've become a thief and all sort of allegations would rise from nowhere . Is that a quality of a good leader? We didn't have a choice in 2015 that's why we voted buhari. Between you and I, we know things are getting worse. He's failed in virtually all he promised. The subsidy issue even amazed me the most. The same party attacked Jonathan when he said he'd remove subsidy. Immediately after they came, they begged us to allow them remove it so they could use the proceed to fix our refineries so we don't import fuel again, fix our roads nationwide, provide jobs for you and other youths, fix our health facilities, in fact, they used to show us the slides on TV then. Tell me, are we not still importing petrol? Are our refineries not worse than they met it now? Do you have good roads in your area? Are your Hospital better off? What of security( I forgot to mention that) , has people stopped dying in the hands of boko haram and herdsmen? El-rufai still declared a curfew in 2 kaduna villages last week due to this, please exhume the news from the archive if na lie. The same govt after removing the subsidy, after making us pay 145 naira on every liter bought, said they still pay subsidy grin grin grin. A ti rogo ni naija. Only God would judge these criminals and I believe He will. Have a nice day.

Thank you sir. cool
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by lexy2014: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2018
jyz200:
Simply say undeveloped cities
which cities in Nigeria are developed? What makes d cities mentioned undeveloped?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Chinwolot(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2018
HeWrites:
Lubbish list.

Where's Osogbo

"Lubbish" reallly?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2018
lexy2014:
which cities in Nigeria are developed? What makes d cities mentioned undeveloped?
Most cities here are not developed including even many parts of Abuja/Lagos. Anywhere without pipe borne water, stable electricity supply and poor drainage system is simply undevelop

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by Oyindidi(f): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
blackaxe78:
Abuja and Port Harcourt should be in list
Which port Harcourt? The one wey things cost like tomorrow no dey?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by HeWrites(m): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chinwolot:

"Lubbish" reallly?

Dear Mr Grammarian, R and L are not close so its no typo.

I intentionally wrote it like that. Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by philkay(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
unohbethel:

https://politicsngr.com/top-10-nigerian-cities-lowest-cost-living/

So Ile-Ife is not that bad... since I left Enugu, I have been saying there no much difference in cost of living compare to Enugu.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria by pathogen: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
oga the North has the lowest cost of living. i served in Kano and meat 150 go reach you cook soup and e go still remain after soup don finish. things cheap for north die. i think the values of the people alse play a great role. they dont care about making too much profit like the people down south, plus agriculture is a major thing there. transport is cheap. infact if no be say na accounting i study and na Lagos make sense pass to practice ehn, na North i go just go campwalahi. Kano precisely.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Rejected A Bus That Later Had An Accident That Killed All The Passengers / South Africans Blast Nigerians On Facebook: "Nigerians Must Be Deported" / Onboard Menu: AirPeace Serves Jollof And Efo-Riro On Flight To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.