Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie (1352 Views)

You Don't Know The Efforts I Put Into Not To Be Serial Killer- Says Naira Marley / This Is What The Law Says. Yul Mocks His Father After Pete Edochie Interview / Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nollywood Actor and Politician, Yul Edochie took to his social media page to share a story of his friend who is a Medical Doctor that didn’t succeed until he left Nigeria.
He said his friend left Nigeria after practicing medicine for 10 years, but is now buying lands and building a house just a year after relocating from Nigeria.

Read his tweet below:
“My friend hustled as a practicing medical doctor for over 10yrs in Nigeria with nothing much to show for it. He left Nigeria last yr to practice abroad, came back one yr after, got married, bought lands, building his house and happy. Dreams die here. We can’t continue like this”

Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MJBOLT: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
Making it in a country like Nigeria is very frustrating, corruption has killed the country at every level, I wonder where Nigeria will be in the next 50 years
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2018
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!
many doctors in Nigeria are doing exactly that, without leaving Nigeria... and if where this man made his money was so good, then why didnt he buy land and build houses and stay there, instead of coming back to do that in Nigeria?!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrGoogle88: 3:41am On Aug 27, 2018
If the Dollar was equal to the naira, I wonder how many Nigerians abroad could even afford to buy lands in Nigeria, when a dollar is 350 to one naira you seem rich in Nigeria...out there? not even close... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2018
Bull sh1t undecided look at how he made abroad look like place of milk and honey

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
Bull sh1t undecided look at how he made abroad look like place of milk and honey
Yeah for professionals like Doctors,Nurses,IT guys, engineers e.t.c. It's a land overflowing with milk and honey. grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by enoch273: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2018
Killing dreams since 1960, yet till date we ain't independent.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Bluezy13(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Hmmm...

It's nothing new na
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 8:12am On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!
many doctors in Nigeria are doing exactly that, without leaving Nigeria... and if where this man made his money was so good, then why didnt he buy land and build houses and stay there, instead of coming back to do that in Nigeria?!
Mr man, you know nothing about the medical profession, so just shut up and learn.

The stress of practicing in Nigeria alone is enough to kill them. Why won't they move to a more stress-free country with a better pay

As at 29th of March this year, Doctor's to Patient ratio is: 1 doctor to 6000 patients.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nma-raises-alarm-low-ratio-doctors-patients/

Do you know how much a doctor in US or UK earn? So why will someone with a functional brain still remain here and continue suffering?
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

Yeah for professionals like Doctors,Nurses,IT guys, engineers e.t.c. It's a land overflowing with milk and honey. grin
so now that you quote me, do you feel better?
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
so now that you quote me, do you feel better?
I thought I was even quoting someone with a thinking faculty. Goan play with your mates.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

Mr man, you know nothing about the medical profession, so just shut up and learn.

The stress of practicing in Nigeria alone is enough to kill them. Why won't they move to a more stress-free country with a better pay

As at 29th of March this year, Doctor's to Patient ratio is: 1 doctor to 6000 patients.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nma-raises-alarm-low-ratio-doctors-patients/

Do you know how much a doctor in US or UK earn? So why will someone with a functional brain still remain here and continue suffering?

who gives a damn about stress, doc ratio or any of the above rubbish you posted?! go back and read the OP's initial post and then read my post again, instead of quoting me to write ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

who gives a damn about stress, doc ratio or any of the above rubbish you posted?! go back and read the OP's initial post and then read my post again, instead of quoting me to write ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
You are arrogantly ignorant. Lemme leave you to enjoy your folly.

NB: Don't argue what's above your level of thinking.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

You are arrogantly ignorant. Lemme leave you to enjoy your folly.

NB: Don't argue what's above your level of thinking.

again, stick to the issue at hand or keep quiet.... instead of thinking that you are remotely smart by writing irrelevant rubbish online.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

again, stick to the issue at hand or keep quiet.... instead of thinking that you are remotely smart by writing irrelevant rubbish online.
You have comprehension issues, sorry I can't help your life.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

You have comprehension issues, sorry I can't help your life.

[img]https://media1./images/5abab8d8e98851cd8a56b6fe4c979493/tenor.gif[/img]

here, let me help YOUR life, you certainly need it:
A) OP wrote that his friend didnt get financial success until he left Nigeria.... FACT #1 he certainly didnt write about the stress or doc to patient ratio or any BS you mentionned

B) i therefore mention to the OP that if Nigeria was indeed so bad and abroad so great, then that said doctor should/would have invested his newfound money abroad, and certainly not in the country they arelooking down upon... FACT #2 you certainly cant be looking down on Nigeria as a country but run back to invest in that same country, when you make a little bit of money.

C) some clueless poster (trying to act smart) now quotes MBJ to start talking about ARRANT RUBBISH irrelevant to the above point A or B
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Gerrard59(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

A) OP wrote that his friend didnt get financial success until he left Nigeria.... FACT #1 he certainly didnt write about the stress or doc to patient ratio or any BS you mentioned

B) i therefore mention to the OP that if Nigeria was indeed so bad and abroad so great, then that said doctor should/would have invested his newfound money abroad, and certainly not in the country they are looking down upon... FACT #2 you certainly cant be looking down on Nigeria as a country but run back to invest in that same country, when you make a little bit of money.

cool

A. One lesson learnt in logic is never to bring another statement/knowledge that is not in the original article. Yul never talked about ration of doctors to patients, therefore, there was no point inferring that point. It adds nothing as it was not there initially.

B. Yes, what is the point investing back in Nigeria if the country is that bad? If Nigeria withholds dreams, why come back to the country afterwards? There is nothing wrong with relocating or working outside one's nation, but it is hypocritically ridiculous to spite the country and later come back to invest. Or do you want the investments to get shackled by a dream withholding nation?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

cool

A. One lesson learnt in logic is never to bring another statement/knowledge that is not in the original article. Yul never talked about ration of doctors to patients, therefore, there was no point inferring that point. It adds nothing as it was not there initially.

B. Yes, what is the point investing back in Nigeria if the country is that bad? If Nigeria withholds dreams, why come back to the country afterwards? There is nothing wrong with relocating or working outside one's nation, but it is hypocritically ridiculous to spite the country and later come back to invest. Or do you want the investments to get shackled by a dream withholding nation?

thanks for confrming my point
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

A) OP wrote that his friend didnt get financial success until he left Nigeria.... FACT #1 he certainly didnt write about the stress or doc to patient ratio or any BS you mentionned

B) i therefore mention to the OP that if Nigeria was indeed so bad and abroad so great, then that said doctor should/would have invested his newfound money abroad, and certainly not in the country they arelooking down upon... FACT #2 you certainly cant be looking down on Nigeria as a country but run back to invest in that same country, when you make a little bit of money.

C) some clueless poster (trying to act smart) now quotes MBJ to start talking about ARRANT RUBBISH irrelevant to the above point A or B
The said Doctor has the exclusive right to invest his new found money anywhere he deem fit on the surface of earth.

Buying a land so as to build a house of his own is now an investment to you?

You can stay in Nigeria and keep trying making your money bro but don't you ever call someone's decision rubbish just because he/she doesn't agree with your myopic view of things.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

The said Doctor has the exclusive right to invest his new found money anywhere he deem fit on the surface of earth.

you are absolutely RIGHT, but as i said in my FACT #2 you certainly cant be looking down on Nigeria as a country but run back to invest in that same country, when you make a little bit of money.

Buying a land so as to build a house of his own is now an investment to you?

how do people like you call it?! i mean, you yourself just wrote that doctor can "invest" their new found money anywhere they deem fit. so if not investment, what is it?!

You can stay in Nigeria and keep trying making your money bro but don't you ever call someone's decision rubbish just because he/she doesn't agree with your myopic view of things.

again, its not their decision to LEAVE that i call rubbish, its their hypocrisy.... first of all, there are many doctors who buy land and build homes IN NIGERIA without having to leave the shores of NIGERIA to do so....FACT #3

second, if these people have such a negative view of Nigeria (they are entitled to their opinion), then they certainly shouldnt run to that same "Nigeria" to invest their newfound wealth, and should instead stick to the place they are quick to call Eldorado. which is my FACT #2. i guess you have English comprehension issues.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

you are absolutely RIGHT, but as i said in my FACT #2 you certainly cant be looking down on Nigeria as a country but run back to invest in that same country, when you make a little bit of money.

how do people like you call it?! i mean, you yourself just wrote that doctor can "invest" their new found money anywhere they deem fit. so if not investment, what is it?!

again, its not their decision to LEAVE that i call rubbish, its their hypocrisy.... first of all, there are many doctors who buy land and build homes IN NIGERIA without having to leave the shores of NIGERIA to do so....FACT #3

second, if these people have such a negative view of Nigeria (they are entitled to their opinion), then they certainly shouldnt run to that same "Nigeria" to invest their newfound wealth, and should instead stick to the place they are quick to call Eldorado. which is my FACT #2. i guess you have English comprehension issues.
The last time I checked, building a personal house in a Godforsaken country is not against the law. grin Nigeria is still his country and he is allowed to tell the bitter truth about the state of things in the country.

...In general,To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future – for example, investment in durable goods, in real estate by the service industry, in factories for manufacturing, in product development, and in research and development.

Let him go abroad to amass enough wealth so he can come back to invest here. Nigeria is a dream killer that's 100% correct.
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

I thought I was even quoting someone with a thinking faculty. Goan play with your mates.
you think your smart? Ok undecided
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

The last time I checked, building a personal house in a Godforsaken country is not against the law. grin Nigeria is still his country and he is allowed to tell the bitter truth about the state of things in the country.

very true, and as i mentionned earlier, there are many doctors/professional who find financial success, without having to leave the shores of Nigeria. so stop trying to make it look like the only way to succeed in Nigeria is by leaving. some leave and still fail miserably, while also some stay and never find financial success. but if you want to sit here and make it look like everyone who leave Nigeria become successful, then you are a damn LIAR, and i will say it loud and clear.

...In general,To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future – for example, investment in durable goods, in real estate by the service industry, in factories for manufacturing, in product development, and in research and development.

ok, so i was right in calling it "investing in Nigeria" then...

Let him go abroad to amass enough wealth so he can come back to invest here. Nigeria is a dream killer that's 100% correct.

get rid of your SLAVE MENTALITY, there are tons of wealth in Nigeria to amass, just open your damn eyes and use your brain (like most do). now let us try to stimulate what you have between your ears..... are you ready?!

the important question IS: if Nigeria is a dream killer, and this guy's dreams were dead after 10yrs working in NIgeria (with nothing to show for).... what drove him to go abroad for greener pasture?! his NIGHTMARES, abi?!

the reality is that.... if you think Nigeria is great, only if "you" have money, but you consider that place a shiithole if/when you cant afford to buy land and build homes, then you better blame people LIKE YOU (and their narrow minded state of mind) for this problem. better yet, if you are a miserable poor man, if you suddenly become rich, what do you think you will turn into, if not a MISERABLE RICH MAN?!?!?

keep deceiving yourself with such above nonsense story!
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Metuh: 4:44am On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

very true, and as i mentionned earlier, there are many doctors/professional who find financial success, without having to leave the shores of Nigeria. so stop trying to make it look like the only way to succeed in Nigeria is by leaving. some leave and still fail miserably, while also some stay and never find financial success. but if you want to sit here and make it look like everyone who leave Nigeria become successful, then you are a damn LIAR, and i will say it loud and clear.

ok, so i was right in calling it "investing in Nigeria" then...

get rid of your SLAVE MENTALITY, there are tons of wealth in Nigeria to amass, just open your damn eyes and use your brain (like most do). now let us try to stimulate what you have between your ears..... are you ready?!

the important question IS: if Nigeria is a dream killer, and this guy's dreams were dead after 10yrs working in NIgeria (with nothing to show for).... what drove him to go abroad for greener pasture?! his NIGHTMARES, abi?!

the reality is that.... if you think Nigeria is great, only if "you" have money, but you consider that place a shiithole if/when you cant afford to buy land and build homes, then you better blame people LIKE YOU (and their narrow minded state of mind) for this problem. better yet, if you are a miserable poor man, if you suddenly become rich, what do you think you will turn into, if not a MISERABLE RICH MAN?!?!?

keep deceiving yourself with such above nonsense story!
You are right. grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Dream Killer, Says Yul Edochie by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
I think abroad isn't for everyone as Nigeria isn't for everyone too.

(1) (Reply)

Footballer Paul Pogba In All Smiles As He Love Up With A Monkey In New Photo / Nigerian Car Dealer Renee Star Separates From Her Husband Months After Wedding / How I Found Out My Mum Was A Witch – Charly Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.