Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) (40765 Views)

Leah Sharibu Gives Birth To Second Baby In Boko Haram Captivity / Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Racoon(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Leah Sharibu, the only Christian among the abducted 119 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe state, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to save her from captivity.

As a “proof of life” amidst speculations on her fate, TheCable has exclusively obtained her latest picture as well as the audio of her plea to Buhari.
Leah, who was kidnapped in February, also appealed that her family members be assisted.

All the girls who were captured were subsequently released, except five who reportedly died in detention, but Sharibu was held back for “refusing to renounce her faith”.

The Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a breakaway faction of Boko Haram, has kept her in captivity for seven months, sparking public outrage.

The federal government had said it was making efforts to secure her release.

Clad in hijab, sewn from a pink material and seated alone on a mat patterned in orange, Sharibu spoke with measured calmness.

She spoke in Hausa in a 35 seconds audio, reproduced here:

“I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation,” she said.

“I also plead to the members of the public to help my mother, my father, my younger brother and relatives. Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion, I am calling on the government, particularly, the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation. Thank you.”

Sources told TheCable that the audio as well as pictures were part of the proof of life requirement in a possible renewed negotiation efforts between the government and ISWAP members.

The release of Sharibu’s school mates on March 21, 2018 reportedly followed what sources said had to do with the intervention of IS in Iraq and Syria.

Leah… longing for home

Insurgent leaders were said to have upbraided ISWAP for abducting Muslim schoolgirls.

Thereafter, according to our sources, the 110 Muslim schoolgirls were brought back under an elaborate ceremony that had the community cheering.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, and Lawal Daura, the sacked director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS), had said the release was part of a wider ceasefire talks with the insurgents.

Recently, the release of the girls sparked a controversy when the UN said a heavy ransom was paid but Mohammed insisted that no dime was given to the insurgents in exchange for the release of the girls.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/exclusive-leah-sharibu-speaks-from-captivity-asks-buhari-to-have-mercy-on-her/amp

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Realdeals(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Boko Haram needs more money, that's why they released the audio and image.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by KingSatan: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now she needs Pity from Buhari!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Instead of you to listen to my Son's and be freed, you chose to play the script.

What am i even saying. By the time my Sons are done with you, you will never meddle in Nigeria's Politics.

Nigerians are lost to religious sentiments and their Elites, Pastors and Imams are cashing out big time from their acts of stupidity.

Don't worry, Buhari will pay my boys and they will in-turn give him his own share and send some to your family as agreed.

Perfect Script.

Emotional and Religious Nigerians, Please quote me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Racoon(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
Meanwhile the Nigerian government have been completely silient on update about her case even if they dont want to compromise rescue efforts if any is ongoning.
God please deliver this young girl by your own might.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Nbote(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
hmmm... Her life was obviously of less importance to d govt which clearly sees her as a collateral damage in their scheme.. D govt has offered her as a burnt offering

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by hammer6F: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mental torture that child endures, ay God be her strength.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by author1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
i believe God wil send his heavenly warrior to come and save u! love u. "a girl of faith..."

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by yeyeboi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by lawalosky(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
So sad.
The lord is ur strength dear

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Moreoffaith(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Alezy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
We all know she isn't from a certain religion. This is her time of tribulations but trust me, her rewards awaits

Using someone's life to play politics. God is just merciful if not angry

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Teeboi56: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
Buhari is not ur saver believe in God I swear every thing we be in other

13 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by edeXede: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
embarassed

I pity her Toto. What a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by OlaAshawo: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
angry

just imagining the kind of torture and rape she's facing daily by these monsters Brought by Buhari all because of power

Buhari will never end well curse be upon him his generations and his supporters amen

may the God Leah serve and refused to deny sentence all Buhari's supporters to instant judgement Amen cry

15 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by omowolewa: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
Please oo o.

Could remember these boiz once nominated PMB as their arbitrator, that makes the job easier baba.

5 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Chiedu4Trump: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
This shows u that Buhari & co are working to islamatize Nigeria!

Please Southerners we need to leave the Zoo

5 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by condomuser: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2018

GOVERNMENT OF FRAUD
GOVERNMENT OF YAHOO YAHOO
GOVERNMENT OF YAHOO PLUS

THEY SAID BOKO HARAM IS TECHNICALLY DEFEATED BUT EVERY SIX MONTHS THEY AWARD $2.5 Billion for fighting Boko Haram.
Boko haram has now become part of Nigeria's budget.

21 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by naijapips04: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
Another campaign film trick.

4 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by kennypoju04: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
How are we to believe all this stories

Or might this be another way to score cheap political goals or what could be wrong

3 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by yvelchstores(f): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
What is going on in this country? Wth!

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by LZAA: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Racoon:
Leah Sharibu, the only Christian among the abducted 119 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe state, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to save her from captivity.

As a “proof of life” amidst speculations on her fate, TheCable has exclusively obtained her latest picture as well as the audio of her plea to Buhari.
Leah, who was kidnapped in February, also appealed that her family members be assisted.

All the girls who were captured were subsequently released, except five who reportedly died in detention, but Sharibu was held back for “refusing to renounce her faith”.

The Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a breakaway faction of Boko Haram, has kept her in captivity for seven months, sparking public outrage.

The federal government had said it was making efforts to secure her release.

Clad in hijab, sewn from a pink material and seated alone on a mat patterned in orange, Sharibu spoke with measured calmness.

She spoke in Hausa in a 35 seconds audio, reproduced here:

“I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation,” she said.

“I also plead to the members of the public to help my mother, my father, my younger brother and relatives. Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion, I am calling on the government, particularly, the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation. Thank you.”

Sources told TheCable that the audio as well as pictures were part of the proof of life requirement in a possible renewed negotiation efforts between the government and ISWAP members.

The release of Sharibu’s school mates on March 21, 2018 reportedly followed what sources said had to do with the intervention of IS in Iraq and Syria.

Leah… longing for home

Insurgent leaders were said to have upbraided ISWAP for abducting Muslim schoolgirls.

Thereafter, according to our sources, the 110 Muslim schoolgirls were brought back under an elaborate ceremony that had the community cheering.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, and Lawal Daura, the sacked director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS), had said the release was part of a wider ceasefire talks with the insurgents.

Recently, the release of the girls sparked a controversy when the UN said a heavy ransom was paid but Mohammed insisted that no dime was given to the insurgents in exchange for the release of the girls.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/exclusive-leah-sharibu-speaks-from-captivity-asks-buhari-to-have-mercy-on-her/amp
2015:i wee lead from the front and wipe out BH like i did maisataine
2018:negotiates and pays BH
No prizes here for seeing the true "IB" here
Clueless has never been so pure to see
Cc immhotep greenback Gmbuharii sarkin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Boyooosa(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Oya ezekwezili, food don ready.

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Royalfurnitures: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
I pity this little girl and her family, unfortunately this govt is not one that feels for its citizens.

For your classy and durable furniture, check out my signature today

1 Like

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Niyi9002(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Don't worry dear little girl, you will be released few months to next year's elections and be used for propaganda as usual. Just keep holding on and be good!

3 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by blackaxe78: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Can't imagine the way they be banging this girl at will.

Nigerian politicians playing politics with the life's of the people they meant to serve
Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Amucha: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
So who recorded the audio? Who released the the recorded audio? For what reason(s) was the audio released? Well, let the innocent girl be released first whether by politics or any other means. But this will definitely not sell as a political product.

2 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by Snowangel007: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
Where is the girl naaa?? Don't tell me she is the one on that Hijab ooooooo shocked shocked. She looks more beautiful in the Hijab though. I pray she gets her freedom soon. cry

Re: Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) by bbyby01: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
The way we Africans carry foreign religion for head just tire me. Especially notherners.
Peter was Jesus's right hand man. His own paddy yet less than 24 hours after Jesus was taken away, he denied Jesus three times. One two three times. Yet he was still made the head of the Church.
Assuming this girl had done what they asked her to do, she would have been free. Those guys probably just wanted their ego massaged.

Now the religion she refused to denounce has not saved her. All the prayers they have been praying for her has not brought her out. No Shadrach Meshach and Abednego miracle has happened.

If only I could reach her, I will tell her exactly what to say to decieve her captors to gain freedom.

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Doesn’t Deserve North’s Votes After Wife Abused Northerners – Mrs Buhar / Yahaya Bello In Catholic Church For Thanksgiving Over Supreme Court Victory / MOMAN: Petrol Sales Drop 40% Since Price Adjustment To N145

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.