Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 (8957 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / LAD GLOBAL SERVICES: SHIP FROM USA ONLINE STORES TO NIGERIA $5/LBS / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by giles14(m): 10:47am On Aug 29, 2018
Yoshy:

Shut up man, you guys should stop these shameless statements. I'm Igbo but this beating of chest for nothing really should stop. Without Igbos, Lagos would still do great if not better.
which wan be I'm Igbo enen if you are did dollar fall in its value

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2018
...a very good development for Abia state . It shows that massive business activities is on the horizon.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Africonji: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Chino bastarrd come here!! Where are you? You see what I am seeing?? Aba is developing and not making noise like your dead state with all your fake hyping. You have not seen nothing else. Mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Nbote(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2018
udo2018:
Anambra is more of capital exportation than importation courtesy of goods importation by traders..

I doubt dat... Onitsha and Nnewi alone accounts for most imports into d South East..

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by lagdmark(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Nbote:
One would have expected Anambra to b in dat list ahead of Abia... Na wa ooo, how only 3 states account for 99% shows jus how most states are jus making up numbers
Cool your temper bro, Abia & Anambra represent SE be happy.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:53am On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=BiafraIShere post=70655901]Wow, very interesting and revealing!! For a state like Abia to receive such staggering foreign capital inflows is massive and running neck on neck with Abuja and Lagos is very impressive to say the least. It's obvious that Lagos has finally reached saturation point and is now gradually losing out to others.[/

You sabi something small!
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by udo2018: 11:04am On Aug 29, 2018
Nbote:

I doubt dat... Onitsha and Nnewi alone accounts for most imports into d South East..
You obviously don't understand the meaning of capital importation...

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by galaxy2020(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2018
���
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Sunsets: 11:08am On Aug 29, 2018
Unnecessary
SolutionMee:
I'm impressed

Aba made products has truly changed the lives of many Nigerians

If not for the Igbo's

Would Lagos have been this developed?
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Nbote(m): 11:10am On Aug 29, 2018
udo2018:
You obviously don't understand the meaning of capital importation...

Enlighten me pls...
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Peacelikeariver: 11:11am On Aug 29, 2018
Nbote:

Capital importation and goods importation are two different things. This report is talking about the capital importation ( foreign investment) while Onitsha is more of goods importation.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by badman007(m): 11:13am On Aug 29, 2018
Abia is Gods own state- Shame on our leaders for not tapping the great potentials of Abia state.

God if you are real, please punish the two Orjis who destroyed this state.
My faith is running low from 100-0

Ogun and Amadioha should please feel free to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by TundeBricklayer: 11:19am On Aug 29, 2018
dipoolowoo:
[s]By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Last week, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) revealed in a report that the total value of capital importation into Nigeria stood at $5.5 billion in the second quarter of 2018.

According to the report, this was a decrease of 12.53 percent compared with Q1 2018, but a 207.62 percent increase compared with the second quarter of 2017.

It was disclosed that the decline recorded in the second quarter was as a result of a decline in Portfolio and Other Investments, which declined by 9.76 percent and 24.07 percent respectively.

The largest amount of capital importation by type was received through Portfolio investment, which accounted for 74.7 percent ($4.1 billion) of total capital importation, followed by Other Investment, which accounted for 20.5 percent ($1.1 billion) of total capital, and then Foreign Direct Investment FDI, which accounted for 4.7 percent ($261.4 million) of total capital imported in the second quarter.

However, an analysis of the report by Business Post showed that out of the $5.5 billion of the nation’s capital importation for the period under review, Abuja, Lagos and Abia States contributed 99.28 percent, while the remaining 34 states of the federation added a meagre 0.72 percent to the total value.

According to the stats office, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, at $2.6 billion, maintained its lead among recipients of capital import in the second quarter of 2018 after surpassing Lagos in the fourth quarter of 2017.

This represented 46.21 percent of the total capital importation into Nigeria in the quarter under review.

Abuja was followed by Lagos, which received the second largest amount of capital inflow of $1.7 billion or 30.08 percent of the total.

When compared with the preceding quarter, however, the capital inflow into Abuja and Lagos, declined by 28.13 percent and 37.80 percent respectively.

Furthermore, Abia State received $1.3 billion, accounting for 22.99 percent of the total capital importation in the quarter.

In all, Abuja, Lagos, and Abia together represented more than 99 percent of the total capital import in the second quarter.

The NBS said in its report that foreign capital investment in Akwa Ibom and Ogun States recorded $16.10 million and $12.74 million respectively, a decline of 63.09 percent and 48.05 percent, over the previous quarter.

Enugu State, which only had marginal foreign inflow previously, recorded $1.31 million in the second quarter and became the eighth top destination in Nigeria to attract foreign capital investment.[/s]

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/08/27/abuja-lagos-abia-contribute-99-to-nigerias-5-5b-capital-importation-in-q2/
Africonji:
Chino bastarrd come here!! Where are you? You see what I am seeing?? Aba is developing and not making noise like your dead state with all your fake hyping. You have not seen nothing else. Mark my words.

Op your report is fake, Abia recorded zero capital important (foreign investment) inflow
Below is real table from NBS

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2018
if all the states in nigeria give in there best then nigeria will be at its peak

meanwhile check my signature below
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by dinggle: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2018
The statement only implies that Lagos, Abuja and Abia are seen worthy of investment by investors.....no more....no less.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2018
horsepower101:
The Enyimba Economic City plan; Construction to begin towards the end of this year. Private led investment in Aba

Scam
What they need is just good road or rail way dat lead to any seaport and light
Because at it stand now no road that lead to Aba is good for business
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by eagleeye2: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2018
horsepower101:

Two things: Give Aba constant Electricity and Good Roads and its over. The rest they say will be history.
Just the simple truth. was telling someone exactly this same thing yesterday.
These artisans in Aba burn a lot of money on fueling and repairing their generators. if we can have constant electricity in Aba, we will go further than where we are.
Modified:
The good roads will be for easy transportation of these finished products to other neighboring states.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by postmann: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2018
ElChidi:
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria thus had federal input.
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria thus has federal input.
Abia is self-made with zero federal input thus is the only one on the list worthy of praise.

Igbo Amaka!!!
Gbamm!!!
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Ttipsy(f): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Lagos and Abuja are known for this. But with Abia am impressed
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by eagleeye2: 11:51am On Aug 29, 2018
udo2018:
I bu onye ebe? Gini bu aha nna gi?
O di ka o bu onye ndia n' akawa si iru ha

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Africonji: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Op your report is fake, Abia recorded zero capital important (foreign investment) inflow
Below is real table from NBS

Shut up there chino. You are just jealous. Anumanu. Abia got $1-billion dollars!! Has your state received 1/50th of that amount before? Why else do you think Abians are saying no vacancy in till 2023? OVI does not make noise but is developing Abia at a crazy pace, more than any other governor in igboland without making noise. Have you seen the Enyimba stadium? Go round Abia and you will be shocked!!! I am not talking about propaganda. With the $1-billion importation Abia will become an African economic power in the next two to three years. Mark my words.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by blackgold2018(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Yoshy:

Shut up man, you guys should stop these shameless statements. I'm Igbo but this beating of chest for nothing really should stop. Without Igbos, Lagos would still do great if not better.
Do you stay in Lagos? Have you been to Lagos? Or are you sure you have been to all axis in Lagos.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2018
horsepower101:
The Enyimba Economic City plan; Construction to begin towards the end of this year. Private led investment in Aba
i am always weary of this kind of projects..almost always never gets completed or even started

1 Like

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
udo2018:
Most of these capital importation was courtesy of G-Boys..
i doubt many g boys are in abia though

2 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by TundeBricklayer: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Africonji:

Shut up there chino. You are just jealous. Anumanu. Abia got $1-billion dollars!! Has your state received 1/50th of that amount before? Why else do you think Abians are saying no vacancy in till 2023? OVI does not make noise but is developing Abia at a crazy pace, more than any other governor in igboland without making noise. Have you seen the Enyimba stadium? Go round Abia and you will be shocked!!! I am not talking about propaganda. With the $1-billion importation Abia will become an African economic power in the next two to three years. Mark my words.
Ode I'm not chino, like I said before the report is fake Abia state recorded Zero capital importation, capital importation means foreign investment, Abia economy is driven by indigenous same with Anambra state, in the table Anambra followed by Enugu top in southeast on foreign investment, Abia recorded Zero foreign investment.

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by Africonji: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Ode I'm not chino, like I said before the report is fake Abia state recorded Zero capital importation, capital importation means foreign investment, Abia economy is driven by indigenous same with Anambra state, in the table Anambra followed by Enugu top in southeast on foreign investment, Abia recorded Zero foreign investment.

Lie! You claiming to know more than the reporter of the news?? So you know more than NBS? Jealousy kill you there. I know that $1-billion is still shocking you but you have not seen anything yet. Mark my words.
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
from the links abd pics of tundebricklayer something might be actually wrong with the original report...i have added the percentages of the different capital importations of the various states in the pic it adds up to 100% exactly.. ok wait i have looked at it well now..the tundebricklayer pic is on 2017 not 2018..even the latest one he posted is Q1 of 2018 while the report is talking about Q2 of 2018

6 Likes

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by TundeBricklayer: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Africonji:

Lie! You claiming to know more than the reporter of the news?? So you know more than NBS? Jealousy kill you there. I know that $1-billion is still shocking you but you have not seen anything yet. Mark my words.

Ignorant is a disease

See reliable links and help yourself

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/733

https://www.proshareng.com/report/Nigerian%20Economy/Q1-2018-Capital-Importation-PDF-Report---NBS/11299

Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Ignorant is a disease

See reliable links and help yourself

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/733

https://www.proshareng.com/report/Nigerian%20Economy/Q1-2018-Capital-Importation-PDF-Report---NBS/11299
i have looked at it wel now..the links you posted are for 2017 and Q1 of 2018 and not Q2 of 2018 which is what the report is talking about
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by TundeBricklayer: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
asha80:
from the links abd pics of tundebricklayer something might be actually wrong with the original report...i have added the percentages of the different capital importations of the various states in the pic it adds up to 100% exactly.. ok wait i have looked at it well now..the tundebricklayer pic is on 2017 not 2018..even the latest one he posted is Q1 of 2018 while the report is talking about Q2 of 2018
Can we see 2018 Q2 report
Re: Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 by asha80(m): 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Can we see 2018 Q2 report
unfortunately i do not have it but we cant dismiss this report as fake until we see it as the ones you posted arent the ones the report is talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step-by-step Guide To Own And Verify A Paypal Account yourself Here In Nigeria. / Customs Pegs Import Duty Exchange Rate At N282/US$ / Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.