Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,422 members, 7,826,629 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Timing Chain Issue Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Timing Chain Issue Pls Help (1162 Views)

5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / How To Check/know If Your Timing Chain Is Due For Replacement / 2010 Landrover LR4 Timing Chain Issue, Diagnosis And Repair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
my little nissan sunny 1.4L 1993, manual; returned from okigwe to PH last 10 days ago and was parked. yesterday i turn on the car, put it in neutral it idled like 30 seconds and went off, and thereafter refused to start again. mechanic came this morning after regular checks told me that it jumped timing.
he asked me to buy one black gum and workmanship N3500. He tried to reset the chain. am not sure he got it right since the car still, will not start. he said he would call his colleague so that both of them will work on it tomorrow.
He has not asked me to change the chain or any other parts.
pls what are the possible culprit here so that i can suggest for him in case he ran out of idea.
will this lead to dismantling of the engine? my fear is
I've not tested this my mechanic on a major work like this before now
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
pls car experts here, i know you guys are very busy. i'd really want to hear someone's opinion on this because i don't have any knowledge about cars. i started driving recently. and this my first car and the first time the car engine is been opened.

1 Like

Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by 3kay945(m): 12:32am On Aug 28, 2018
silvoice:
pls car experts here, i know you guys are very busy. i'd really want to hear someone's opinion on this because i don't have any knowledge about cars. i started driving recently. and this my first car and the first time the car engine is been opened.

The first thing the car guru will ask is to run scan.
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by Readonee35L(m): 1:06am On Aug 28, 2018
3kay945:

The first thing the car guru will ask is to run scan.
In a 93 nissan sunny.
B4 u even talk about obd1 .
Such car has been running in nigeria for many years fully kazzeemized.
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2018
as i was googling, i learnt that all nissan cars are interference engines. pls help, do I ask the mechanic to run scan as someone above suggested or is it something almost every mechanic can handle considering that the car is 93, it is even used for taxi here and very popular
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2018
mechanic has arrived with his colleague. i asked if they have been able to discover any fault, they said is the adjuster. whatever that means i don't know. but that they will fix it.
my ever helpful naira landers pls if you think there is something more i need to know about this, i would be grateful
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2018
hurray!!! my car is back and running.
i learnt few things today
1 not everything you see online is truth. every car situation is peculiar to it circumstance. my reason is that i read online that all nissan cars are interference engine meaning that if timing chain jumped, it could damage valve head and even the piston. i was so scared . but in my case the jumped timing chain did not damage anything.. mech. said it adjuster made it to skip a tooth. lesson: internet sent panic mode all over my brain.

2 people here are interested in big and modern car problem. but most times most of us who believe in the intellectual contribution of engineers here will always come here first to seek advice, even if our car problem is a minor issue.
thanks
believing that this jumped timing chain will never repeat again in Jesus name Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by ugreat(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
silvoice:
hurray!!! my car is back and running.
i learnt few things today
1 not everything you see online is truth. every car situation is peculiar to it circumstance. my reason is that i read online that all nissan cars are interference engine meaning that if timing chain jumped, it could damage valve head and even the piston. i was so scared . but in my case the jumped timing chain did not damage anything.. mech. said it adjuster made it to skip a tooth. lesson: internet sent panic mode all over my brain.

2 people here are interested in big and modern car problem. but most times most of us who believe in the intellectual contribution of engineers here will always come here first to seek advice, even if our car problem is a minor issue.
thanks
believing that this jumped timing chain will never repeat again in Jesus name Amen!

Well, my bro, congrats on your car resurrection. The discussion here is mostly on modern cars(OBD compliant cars). May God provide a bigger one for you. Sorry for no response from here. Had been there before and know the feeling
Re: Timing Chain Issue Pls Help by silvoice(m): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
ugreat:

Well, my bro, congrats on your car resurrection. The discussion here is mostly on modern cars(OBD compliant cars). May God provide a bigger one for you. Sorry for no response from here. Had been there before and know the feeling
you're right. thanks anyway, we all hope to make it big sometime in future cheers!

(1) (Reply)

BMW Reveals Vision iNext EV SUV Concept From The Belly Of Lufthansa Cargo Plane / Peeps.. Which Nigeria Used Car Can I Get With 1.4 Million Naira Budget / 2009 Foreign Used Ford F-150 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.