Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 (46536 Views)

Photos From Calabar Bikers Carnival 2017 / Photos From My Sister's Wedding And Award Ceremony In Deeper Life Church / Photos From The Lagos Street Carnival 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 28, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

Exactly and that coupled with excess sugar and how Americas love to super size their meals they have Big/Large/King size/extra large for every food pizza, hotdogs, buggers etc even drinks smh and I dont know if its just me but their coke drinks seem sweeter than else where and also has more variety so they have set themselves up
Very true, i remember one of my visits to houston Tx, me cousin took me to macdee and i ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, Man! the size of the burger was massive. when i inqured out of Amazement about the size of it, i was told that was the Average size of a burger in the US. the drink was like 2 litres of coke..dammm! them yanks sure can eat!!.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by ikorodureporta: 6:37am On Aug 28, 2018
Kwarrapt ladies cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by greyelectric: 7:21am On Aug 28, 2018
call for your led digital signage, RGB display ,mega screen .etc

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by bewla(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2018
Emvico34:
too many olosho. this world is coming to an end embarassed
Another Sun goddess in the making soon
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2018
I miss the carnival, thats where you will see the most exotic of women around the world!
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Shortyy(f): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
True talk! grin It's all that Mcdonald's and KFC burger and chickens. and doughnuts they munch.
But I heard those things are quite delicious
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by WeirdWolf: 7:46am On Aug 28, 2018
Emvico34:
too many olosho. this world is coming to an end embarassed

Lol. You be real totoman.
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Myself2(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2018
I've always asked what really is the essence of this carnival, was there for the 2014 edition and the things I saw both during the parade and at night were too morally reprehensible that I just wrote off the as another charade to showcase lewdness

1 Like

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by crafteck(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70671186:
Beautiful scenes.
Beautiful people.
Nothing as beautiful as celebrating your culture.

But their own culture doesn't involve blood sacrifice..
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:10am On Aug 28, 2018
crafteck:

But their own culture doesn't involve blood sacrifice..
That's why it is a beautiful culture

1 Like

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by iukpe: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2018
babeosisi:
Jesus is coming O
Chegharia nu
Don't be caught naked and shaking your groove thang when the trumpet sounds

Always have spare cloths in a bag from now on.
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70671186:
Beautiful scenes.
Beautiful people.

some people dont even know that it is AFRICAN SLAVES that made the caribbean/Brazilian carnival the colouful carnival it is today....or that the ROOT of that said carnival is to celebrate EASTER (aka the resurrection of Jesus)

1 Like

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18am On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

some people dont even know that it is AFRICAN SLAVES that made the caribbean/Brazilian carnival the colouful carnival it is today....or that the ROOT of that said carnival is to celebrate EASTER (aka the resurrection of Jesus)
Tell them
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by crafteck(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70676376:

That's why it is a beautiful culture

Hmm make i shift for this priestess, before masquerade start to chase me for dream.. Lol
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Millenniumlady(f): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
True talk! grin It's all that Mcdonald's and KFC burger and chickens. and doughnuts they munch.
Gypsey smiley
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Gypsey smiley
yea! babe! grin
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 28, 2018
Shortyy:

But I heard those things are quite delicious
yes! they are tongue would you like to try em? tongue
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

%100000 True! cranival was invented by African people from the Caribbean, white people have hijacked it.
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:29am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
yea! babe! grin
Lng tym smiley
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by anonymous1759(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70671186:
Beautiful scenes.
Beautiful people.

they're celebrating nudity grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Lng tym smiley
yea! i ve been on holiday, how are ya?
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
yea! i ve been on holiday, how are ya?
I'm fyn. How is that sweet baby boy kiss
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
%100000 True! cranival was invented by African people from the Caribbean, white people have hijacked it.

not quite.... the root of carnival is actually a "white" catholic celebration of lent (40 days before easter when people could eat and drink in abundance before fasting for easter) and we all know that religion was invented by white people....but back in biblical days, they didnt sing and dance during these carnival, they just wore extravagant costumes and throw rice at one another while telling jokes etc. when they brought the slaves over during slavery days, and the slaves saw what their master were doing during carnival, these same slaves would make fun of their masters at night by dressing like them (with flamboyant costume) paint their faces to look like their masters, and ADD singing and dancing. thats how the caribbean/Brazilian carnival (aka carnival with music and dancing) really started, and turned into the biggest carnival in the world.

when slavery was abolished, the Brazilian carnival was 1st an African celebration only happening in black ghettos, then when all the whites started to be interested in the music these Africans were playing (aka SAMBA), they started to come to these African parties and join these slaves in their parties, and then it became such a big part of Brazilian life that the carnival first became known as Afro-Brazilian culture, and then down the line turned into Brazilian culture, and now the Brazilian carnival AND/OR samba (which originated from African slaves) is now known as Brazilian HERITAGE
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by springtech(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2018
This is barbaric
This is nudity
This is satanic
This is ungodly
This is immoral

We are not going to take this.

The end is near in deed.
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

not quite.... the root of carnival is actually a "white" catholic celebration of lent (40 days before easter when people could eat and drink in abundance before fasting for easter) and we all know that religion was invented by white people....but back in biblical days, they didnt sing and dance during these carnival, they just wore extravagant costumes and throw rice at one another while telling jokes etc. when they brought the slaves over during slavery days, and the slaves saw what their master were doing during carnival, these same slaves would make fun of their masters at night by dressing like them (with flamboyant costume) paint their faces to look like their masters, and ADD singing and dancing. thats how the caribbean/Brazilian carnival (aka carnival with music and dancing) really started, and turned into the biggest carnival in the world.

when slavery was abolished, the Brazilian carnival was 1st an African celebration only happening in black ghettos, then when all the whites started to be interested in the music these Africans were playing (aka SAMBA), they started to come to these African parties and join these slaves in their parties, and then it became such a big part of Brazilian life that the carnival first became known as Afro-Brazilian culture, and then down the line turned into Brazilian culture, and now the Brazilian carnival AND/OR samba (which originated from African slaves) is now known as Brazilian HERITAGE
Thank you! for elaborating further, i ve Always thought that carnival is a black African caribbean thing. i ve learnt something new.
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by hopexter(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2018
Wwwnaijaitunesc:
Ponmo is cow skin which has been processed for consumers to cook and eat like beef. Over the years cow skin popularly called ponmo has become an important delicacy that is eaten by everyone.
You own a restaurant and you need someone to supply you with pomo or you consume pomo and the price is too high you can buy directly from the source at a cheaper price
The pomo is dried already so you can store it for long time
50pieces 1500naira
25pieces 750naira
0 8 1 1 0 8 7 1 9 7 9
Serious dealers only

You no get original ponmo
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2018
Millenniumlady:
I'm fyn. How is that sweet baby boy kiss
he is doing great! thanks for asking,

you and I can still have more sweet baby boys/girls too. tongue grin
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Millenniumlady(f): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
he is doing great! thanks for asking,

you and I can still have more sweet baby boys/girls too. tongue grin
Achom kei meimu ife tongue
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Achom kei meimu ife tongue
grin grin grin grin see dis small gyal oo!
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Didcot: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2018
selemempe:
Na black people go full there....if na science carnival now u no go see them.

Notting Hill Carnival has historically been led by members of the British West Indian Community and it is a significant event in black british culture.

Fu...cking idio....t, people like you who don't carry out simple researches or learn will always be exposed as a nonce and a dimwit on social media!
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by Millenniumlady(f): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin grin grin see dis small gyal oo!
Gbafuo onye bu small undecided ife di nime ukuwa ige gbukwe ya tongue
Re: Photos From Notting Hill Carnival 2018 by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2018
gypsey:
Thank you! for elaborating further, i ve Always thought that carnival is a black African caribbean thing. i ve learnt something new.

actually, i forgot the best part of it all..... Brazilian carnival has a very close tie with NIGERIA and especially YORUBAS. you see, when these African slaves started to have their parties, they also use it to indirectly (undercover) celebrate their African gods that they worshipped since Africa aka Orishas, Olodunmare. it was against the law to worship any other religion than Christianity back then so the slaves pretended they were dancing and singing while indirectly using carnival to worship their African gods... thats why you have the dancing and singing. in Brazil that religion was called CANDOMBLE and has direct links with yoruba deities.

so you see, any Africans looking down on caribbean/brazilian carnival is looking down on their own ancestry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My BIRTHDAY Pictures Today At My Place Of Work.... / Adiele Ekeke Buries His Two Children Same Day, Wife Still In Mortuary (Photos) / Plus-Sized Lady’s Lingerie 35th Birthday Shoot Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.