Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Which African Country Speaks The Best English? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which African Country Speaks The Best English? (54141 Views)

Please Which Is The Best English Grammar Text / Which African Country Speaks The Best English Language / LIST: Best English Speaking Countries In Africa See Where Nigeria Is On The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Akpevwe9: 11:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
While I was browsing the net this evening with my itel S31, came across this and decided to share.
Who speaks the best English in Africa? And the answer is Uganda. According to the world linguistic Agency, Uganda takes the cake for being the best English speaking African Nation.
First off, the idea behind the best English speaking African nation ranking is in no way to slight any nation. Africa is a country of an entirely different culture from the west. So, it is understandable that some African countries are still not fluent in them. As a matter of fact not all the nations of the world fancy the English language.
English language is the global/international language at the moment.
Like we say, anything worth doing is worth doing well. There are 28 English speaking African nations. From these 28, the World Linguistic Agency made a list of those who speak the best of English language in Africa.
Best English Speaking Countries In Africa:

1. Uganda

2. South Africa

3. Nigeria

4. Kenya

5. Zambia

6. Botswana

7. Zimbabwe

8. Malawi

9. Ghana

10. Rwanda

11. Sudan

It is also worthy to mention that as some countries were not colonized by the British, their Lingua franca differs. It will be asking too much to expect fluency from them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by dingbang(m): 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nigeria will always bribe her way to make d list

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by saintikechi(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Biafra

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by farouk0403(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ain't taking this bullshit.
Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by SpencerM(m): 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
dingbang:

The Afonjas

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Must u add the name of ur phone.

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Akpevwe9: 1:29am On Feb 25, 2017
dingbang:

Loool grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Pweety008: 1:30am On Feb 25, 2017
saintikechi:
Biafra

Did you see biafra on that list? shocked

19 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Pweety008: 1:32am On Feb 25, 2017
SpencerM:

The Afonjas

What's the meaning of this Afonjas self? I have always wanted to know

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by schoolhelpng(m): 6:01am On Feb 25, 2017
some will still come and say is Ghana, and...Buhari as individual...

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 25, 2017
Pweety008:

What's the meaning of this Afonjas self? I have always wanted to know
anybody you see type or mention afonja is a classic fools , afonja according to history was a local worrior who fought against Fulani rulership Ilorin kwara state, kwara state is a North Central Nigeria comprises of many tribes and languages

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by slam7000(m): 8:17am On Feb 25, 2017
Onyochejohn:
anybody you see type or mention afonja is a classic fools , afonja according to history was a local worrior who fought against Fulani rulership Ilorin kwara state, kwara state is a North Central Nigeria comprises of many tribes and languages

Afonja.

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:25am On Feb 25, 2017
Now when you talk of spoken English, were phonetic sounds, diction and tones considered?

Because I do not think South Africa beats Nigeria with the above.

I dunno about Uganda though.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by musicwriter(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2017
This type of topic should be deleted by the moderators as its promoting slavery. English is not our language!!. It is a language forced down the throats of our ancestors when we were slaves, and as such, you shouldn't be proud speaking it.

Some of you often ask; what were our ancestors doing to have been enslaved? What they were doing is the same thing you're doing today when you promote English language or feel proud speaking it.

Our native languages are now in a sorry state, some under threat of extinction, while we're busy fooling around promoting English. I regret to have learned to speak English in school. I wish I invested all that time studying Igbo language and one other Nigerian language, like Yoruba or Hausa. If I could go back to school I'll invest my time studying our native languages.

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Damilare5882(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2017
I think its Ghana

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Deeypeey(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2017
lolz...d ones dt can form d best accents naa ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by dotna(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2017
Ghana 1st and Nigeria 2nd

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2017
Number 1 and 2

I can't even ....
Lol Well thought Ghana would be number 1
All that mouth undecided
When i told my mum lthen my lesson teacher aint sh!t she didnt't listen ... grin

7 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Who will ever know...if I speak English and you understand enough to reply for me to understand...

cikenan ba dogon turenci acikin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2017
So Ghana with all their American English swag no even carry first.
They no go let person hear word with their fake accent , for example : weters water .
As for Nigeria, na only God fit reason our matter. Pidgin has ruined our future. When you even listen to people like PEJ and Buhari, you'd appreciate how hopeless our situation is.

32 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by mccoy47(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2017
Nigeria! shocked
Ha! Government should help our solution oo grin

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by zinaunreal(m): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Nigeria should be number one jor. Our accent and english are plain and simple. Wetin SA dey speak? This list is absolute rubbish

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Ghana. Nigerians just use big words unnecessarily. Don't flatter yourself Makydebbie. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by martineverest(m): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2017
what a foolish thread...is english our native tongue?

Instead of u all to profer solutions on how to revive dieing african languages and accents,u are here talking about best english speakers.

I smell low self esteem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by berrystunn(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Lagos Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by mccoy47(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Damilare5882:
I think its Ghana
Tah angry
U call dat dia nonsense english?
Calling "Police" .. "pe-lease"

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by deathstroke(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Onyochejohn:
*in Falz voice* izzit like you are afonja too grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Lusola15: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Ghana

5 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by dacovajnr: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2017
Ugan wetin! Has anyone ever listened to Kansiime Anne an Ugandan Comedienne spoken English? Chai! Dem worst grin cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Which African Country Speaks The Best English? by Thisis2raw(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2017
Nigeria I must say,

We speak good and fluent English

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University / UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result / NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.