Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Campaign For A Young President; The Delusion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Campaign For A Young President; The Delusion (341 Views)

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President / Yomi Black: Peter Obi's Ambition Is Fueled By The Delusion Of Social Media / Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Campaign For A Young President; The Delusion by AyamStarch: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
There's a deafening campaign from some quarters for a youth to occupy the hihest office in the country. Already, Some youths have taken up the challenge. Whether they are out to change the bad governance status quo or join the "our yam eaters" bandwagon is left to be seen.
As expected the base of their supporters are predominantly youths. Ask the advocates for the young Nigerian president what has informed their choice, they'll tell you the "elders" have stayed too long and should be duly given the boot, some will chip in with 'cleaning the rot in the system" narrative which has almost grounded the country but honestly does one need to be a youth before he can clean the rot in the system? Definitely not. To them (the advocates of a young President) youth equates good governance. They probably haven't remembered that Yahya Bello the debtor-in-chief of Kogi state is a youth who was touted to chance the face of governance in the state. To say he has failed abysmally is a fair remark.
Already we've seen cases of "yam eating" amongst the youths, exactly the same reasons for wanting the elders out. Can I remind them that SUG Presidents saw Unionism as a the perfect time to setting up their lives; marrying wives, buying cars, renting choice apartments and even establishing businesses. I know of a departmental President that emptied his departmental account on completing his tenure. In fact, I can't think of any SUG President who didn't have financial misapropration case leveled against him. This isn't an isolated case, it happens in almost every public tertiary institution in the country. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I realise these people have started "stealing yams" in "micro" politics, what happens when they occupy public offices, they could probably steal the yam barn. If the youths want to oust the elders so they can now drive the van of yam stealing, they should bury the young President ambition. We need a President that will change the face of governance; allow institutions to be independent, provide basic infrastructures, end tyranny, nepotism, disobedience to the rule of law etc. Nigeria needs a competent leader not a youth.
Re: Campaign For A Young President; The Delusion by ModestGal(f): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
AyamStarch:
There's a deafening campaign from some quarters for a youth to occupy the hihest office in the country. Already, Some youths have taken up the challenge. Whether they are out to change the bad governance status quo or join the "our yam eaters" bandwagon is left to be seen.
As expected the base of their supporters are predominantly youths. Ask the advocates for the young Nigerian president what has informed their choice, they'll tell you the "elders" have stayed too long and should be duly given the boot, some will chip in with 'cleaning the rot in the system" narrative which has almost grounded the country but honestly does one need to be a youth before he can clean the rot in the system? Definitely not. To them (the advocates of a young President) youth equates good governance. They probably haven't remembered that Yahya Bello the debtor-in-chief of Kogi state is a youth who was touted to chance the face of governance in the state. To say he has failed abysmally is a fair remark.
Already we've seen cases of "yam eating" amongst the youths, exactly the same reasons for wanting the elders out. Can I remind them that SUG Presidents saw Unionism as a the perfect time to setting up their lives; marrying wives, buying cars, renting choice apartments and even establishing businesses. I know of a departmental President that emptied his departmental account on completing his tenure. In fact, I can't think of any SUG President who didn't have financial misapropration case leveled against him. This isn't an isolated case, it happens in almost every public tertiary institution in the country. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I realise these people have started "stealing yams" in "micro" politics, what happens when they occupy public offices, they could probably steal the yam barn. If the youths want to oust the elders so they can now drive the van of yam stealing, they should bury the young President ambition. We need a President that will change the face of governance; allow institutions to be independent, provide basic infrastructures, end tyranny, nepotism, disobedience to the rule of law etc. Nigeria needs a competent leader not a youth.
You have written well. God bless you my dear
Re: Campaign For A Young President; The Delusion by AyamStarch: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
ModestGal:
You have written well. God bless you my dear
Thanks you

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Planning To Sell Government Properties Few Days Before Handover / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 / 2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.