Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In (1169 Views)

Edo 2024: Osarodion Ogie's Ward Chairman Decamps To APC / Wike: Those Attacking Me For Leaving PDP Now Crying – Umahi Demands Apology / PDP Now Controls 16 States After Winning Edo, APC 19 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by 19Ebisco: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
The Lagos State Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Moshood Salvador has dumped the party for the All Progressives Congress(APC) and he said his exit marks the death of PDP in the state.

Salvador announced his defection on Monday while addressing his supporters in Lagos saying he took decision the because all his efforts to move the PDP in the state forward had been frustrated by some elements in the party. He alleged that a former deputy national of the party, Chief Olabode George, had done everything possible to undermine the progress of the party in the state.

He said he could no longer labour in vain, adding that the national leadership of the party had done nothing to support or appreciate his efforts as PDP Chairman.

“When you have people or leadership that cannot give you encouragement to carry out your vision, you take it to another place where it will be appreciated. I am not happy that I am abandoning what I laboured for, but I have to move on with my supporters because I cannot continue to labour in vain.

Today, the chairman of PDP Board of Trustees called me on the defection and I told him to allow me consult with my people before feedback. The PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus also called me for the first time since my travails.

“He never called since I was put in jail on a cooked up murder charge; he called me today to ask why I want to defect. And I told him it is not possible for me to be in the same party with Bode George because he undermined all my efforts to reposition the party. He was doing all these things and the national leadership was allowing him, saying he is an elder. Bode George also cooked up things to put me in jail in the murder case of late Aborishade. Enough is enough. I am leaving the party with my supporters and I am taking them to APC where they would be recognised and appreciated” he said.

Salvador said he had since handed over the PDP structure to his deputy who would continue the affairs of the party. He said his exit meant that the PDP was dead in Lagos as he was moving with about 15,000 supporters, including party executive members at council and ward levels.

Salvador insisted that he was innocent in the murder case of Aborishade, saying all the things said about his involvement were all lies. He said he would stage a “show of strength” rally on Monday to show his former party that he was going to the APC with thousands of his followers.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/breaking-pdp-chairman-decamps-to-apc.html

Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by buharitill2023: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
Who know PDP in Lagos,
Lagos is a one party system,
Nothing like opposition there.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by Baawaa(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
Bye bye to PDP
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by ozento: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
frustrated goat. very soon he will stat regretting like akpabio. wel, same time 2019 long after pdp must ve taken over lagos he will beg like a baby to com back.
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by MightySparrow: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
Bye bye to jatijati in the name of ...
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by donbachi(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2018
decamping and counter-decamping.is the reflection of greed and self centered nature of our politicians...to them it's politicking...but,a total damage to democracy.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by Angelparadise: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Threats and security apparatus have done their usual assignment. Once in APC your murder case will be swipe under the carpet.
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by yarimo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by Metuh: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
You counted them to know it was 15,000

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by jayson87: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
No wonder PDP has been losing lagos, with this kind of leader that looks as unbelievable as buhari, he is competing for lifelessness with Buhari. He has gone to the party of the lifeless people
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by Bimpe29: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
APC in Lagos is not and will never be the same as national APC.

Let Tinubu continue nourishing the party as opposition and regional party.
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by Bella55555(f): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
Actually i thought it was the national chairman I am not an APC supporter but I like Ambode
Re: Breaking!! Pdp Chairman, Decamps To Apc With Over 15,000 Supporters… Pdp Now In by wallex1983(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Una no dey hear word.... Lagos na one party state.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:sarakis House Under Attack / Spokesman For Ohanaeze Southwest Replies Willie Obiano, Demands Apology / One Of These Three Things Will Happen To Nigeria After February 16 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.