Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta (41832 Views)

Composite Car Produced By University Of Jos Students (Pictures) / Pictures And Views Of Funaab (federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Weareone202: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2018
This is commendable
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by OyinO: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2018
Don't be surprised it is oyibo people behind this creation of GMO.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by donemzy115(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2018
this is a very good development,,,funaab is here to stay.We need to see more of this..But prof adebambo made me a student with vision..,the son too is good mehn.He doesnt tolerate laziness,,kudos to funaab,,,,proudly a funaabite.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Kaybaba5(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2018
SmartMugu:
I won't eat it. Genetic fowl in Naija? Make feather come dey grow for my body years later? Thank you, I no chop.

Meaning u have become koledowo..... Be that

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by LordAdam: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Foreign universities are making waves in quantum physics and cosmology , A Nigerian university is here developing chickens.

Really, how hard is it to reason before typing nonsense online?

Go read or watch a youtube video about the Wageningen University, a public university in the Netherlands that's primarily responsible for the country's unrivaled agricultural prowess. Last year the Netherlands made 450+% more money from agricultural exports than Nigeria did from oil. And that's a country that's just slightly larger than Kebbi state.

Tech, species, and practices developed by Wageningen are also exported around the world. In a country of 200m people that's billed to become the third largest just behind India and China in 2050 with roughly 400m people; we shouldn't just be developing new species of chickens, we should also be developing newer, better species of every living thing we consume.

And instead of this move to be applauded, you're frantically trying to sound st*pid.

-Lord
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by UfuomaUN(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Foreign universities are making waves in quantum physics and cosmology , A Nigerian university is here developing chickens.

grin hahahahaha! I'm laughing like mad man in traffic grin
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2018
Great, we can do more!

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Uglymugg: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
So nobody for that school get better camera phone?
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Oxygen1998: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Why have u decided to continually drag the igbo race like this in mud
LuciferChristi:

Until this chicken is sacrificed in my name & I have tasted it, I don't believe this.

How are we sure it's not the product of a man's semen in a chicken? I don't trust Afonjas. angry
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by basty: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Until this chicken is sacrificed in my name & I have tasted it, I don't believe this.

How are we sure it's not the product of a man's semen in a chicken? I don't trust Afonjas. angry

God punish you if you are lying. Oloshi omo Igbo, ajokuta mamomi. descendant of Apes
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by megareal: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2018
donemzy115:
this is a very good development,,,funaab is here to stay.We need to see more of this..But prof adebambo made me a student with vision..,the son too is good mehn.He doesnt tolerate laziness,,kudos to funaab,,,,proudly a funaabite.

Bia, with all that knowledge, what have you done so far? Not dissing you o. Just encouraging you to expand your horizon.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by omoelerin1: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Offpoint:

gringrin lol, bros NAIJA matter tire me, in 2018 where the world is advancing in technology, we're here celebrating new breed of Chickensgringrin
FUNAAB is doing research in its area of priority, but here is an ignorant who expects a university of agric to develop physics quantum and cosmology.

By the way, are you saying foreign universities are no longer doing research on agriculture?
I am sure if this event was said to have carried out by a university in India or south Africa, you these fools would rather be celebrating them instead of condemnation.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by twilliamx(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2018
ollygee2008:
Where is the chicken, and two, what is the chicken name?

Cocklabi chickenfunmi
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by toprealman: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2018
Orobo chicken is now full of bones! Please researchers come out with something that has more meat, less bone. Oyibo get am.....we deserve it.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Offpoint: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2018
omoelerin1:
FUNAAB is doing research in its area of priority, but here is an ignorant who expects a university of agric to develop physics quantum and cosmology.

By the way, are you saying foreign universities are no longer doing research on agriculture?
I am sure if this event was said to have carried out by a university in India or south Africa, you these fools would rather be celebrating them instead of condemnation.

I hate insulting people on Nairaland and this is my first time. Sir, from the bottom of heart, I'm sorry to say this.... you sir...are an idiot.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by donemzy115(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2018
megareal:

Bia, with all that knowledge, what have you done so far? Not dissing you o. Just encouraging you to expand your horizon.
lolz,,,i have been able to secure two contracts,if you cant make things happen,you watch those making the move.Wish you all the best bro
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by omoelerin1: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Offpoint:

I hate insulting people on Nairaland and this is my first time. Sir, from the bottom of heart, I'm sorry to say this.... you sir...are an idiot.
awon egbon e ni'le
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Offpoint: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2018
omoelerin1:
awon egbon e ni'le
Iwo lo bere
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by wink2015(m): 11:04am On Aug 29, 2018
THE UNIVERSITY IS THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

It is a commendable achievement.

If universities in Nigeria can look inward to develop their technologies they can serve as a conduit pipe to generate revenue for themselves instead of waiting for federal or state government to bring money.

Universities in Nigeria should set up

Farms for food crops cultivation such as rice farm, plantain, cassava, yam, and even fruits.

Poultry for chicken, etc

Pure water factories

Bakery for bread production

This will serve the university community and environ and money will be generated.

EDUCATIONAL POLICIES DEVELOPER IN NIGERIA SHOULD STOP DREAMING OF SWEET CRUDE OIL.

Gone are the days of big money from crude oil export.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by edonks1: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2018
hmmmm Breed a president latisticca
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by okwabayi(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2018
emperor03:

this is interesting, can you throw more light please.
Ask whatever you want and I'll give you an according-to-my-experience answer.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by Cation(m): 11:23am On Aug 29, 2018
MTN SME data .....Its fast and reliable with 90days validity. 1 gig @ #750
2 gig @ #1350
3 gig @ #2100
5 gig @ #3200
Contact me on whatsapp, sms or phone call zero eight one three eight seven two five five three eight. Your data starts working after Cash transfer is received.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by tfelicityk(m): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2018
Good news...
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by awoofawoo: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2018
okwabayi:

Bigger chickens equal bigger yield for the farmer or customer.
In markets only people with less money buy native chickens. Foreign ones are bought by the wealthy.
Foreign chickens are more muscular hence meatier than native ones. They also grow quicker.

And foreign one are also full of GMO...... grin
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by serikiYCU(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2018
omowolewa:
What improvement will it bring to agric business?
The improvement includes easy management, reduced risk to diseases, reduced cost of production and reduced adverse effects of weather etc.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by linusbnn(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
KingSatan:
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I hate chicken blood, it is tasteless.

VAMPS.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by madgoat(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
ola12:
Good. This is a first step to a lot more in nigerian agriculture. Cross breeding to produce more economically productive species. We should also do dis in cattle nd other farm animals to produce breeds with more muscle mass and which produce more milk, instead of the usually lanky breeds we have now

The lanky breeds are because they are not fed well and not because that's their genetic make up
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by sefani(f): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
wow!
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by okwabayi(m): 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
awoofawoo:

And foreign one are also full of GMO...... grin
No way. Foreign ones were also selectively bred.
You can read up on them, they're called Cornish Cross Breed.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by newjosboy: 3:29am On Aug 30, 2018
Noiler, a new breed by Amo Farm, Oyo state beats this breed hands down. Google it.
Re: FUNAAB ALPHA Chicken Breed Developed By University Of Agriculture Abeokuta by mossey9(m): 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
If you want to have a taste or experiment with some of these birds, then contact me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015/2016 IMSU Admission On Official JAMB Cut Off Mark And Departmental Marks / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick / SS1 Student Brutally Beaten By His Teacher In Yobe State (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.