Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World (49265 Views)

May Nigeria Never Witness Another Buhari’s Govt — Primate Ayodele / Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2019 / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
justtoodark:

no....we are now poorer than even afghanistan....even poorer than south sudan....
we are on d same level as afghanistan for now.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by sprints2: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
adioolayi:

Is NPower a bad initiative You better join the train.. the end point of the path of political thuggery you've chosen is death. Your pay masters son's and daughters are abroad. ...so, get a new life.. enroll for Npower.

NB: I don't smoke
shu see this one oo..na 30k dey make u run your mouth like...N power is a terrible initiave organized by the government to blindfold Nigerians...A scheme masterminded by our government to actually deny a fraction of the population from knowing their right...30k can't even afford rent in Nigeria not to talk of boarding a flight interstate...bros wise up u are better than these..don't be deceived by these old men who neutralizing our power to fight for the betterment of the country...

2 Likes

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Yusman316(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
EmekaMD:
Whoever wonders why Nigeria is so poor and backward should take out some time to listen to Buhari answer questions and profer solutions to a problem.

That man's thinking ability is next to zero..
Nigeria will keep getting worse under him.

Don't get me wrong. I wish Nigeria to succeed but things are not achieved by wishful thinking..

You can't achieve more than your brainpower
If i may ask u, what did Nigeria achieve under a PhD holder? Our problem is not just the leaders we have. But we the people as well contribute to the state of the nation
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by justtoodark: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
the truth is,the ol world is getting poorer....

just saying that its only in nigeria that things is getting worser is nonesense....

una deceived una selfs so tey una motivated una brothers and sisters to land into slavery in libya....

una evil minds is something else....
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by poseidon12: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
Oceannaagent:
Too bad, every thing bad have been associated with Nigeria. angry angry
What of India, Myanmar etc Nigeria is way ahead of them

Nigeria is ahead of India? Wonderful. You need to do a lot of reading.

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by codemaniacs: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
zz

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by BigIyanga: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Very big lie. How can you say this when there's India, Bangladesh, Philippines, and most nations in south east Asia and the Americas. Well if she's saying this based on population density then India is far ahead.
Mr Cospiracy theorist.. where are ur data to prove otherwise?
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by InvertedHammer: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
AngelicBeing:
British prime minister is correct, Nigeria slipped into the country with the highest poor people in the world in February 2018, I followed the report at world poverty clock, then it was 83 million Nigerians but now it has increased to 87million, lots of folks are arguing online and more Nigerians are slipping into poverty
/
A lot of folks who live in Abuja, Lagos or urban centers think that those are what matter in Nigeria. Everyone counts and the deeper you delve into Nigeria, the level of extreme poverty becomes disheartening. The families at Angwan Rogo is no less significant than the ones in Lekki.

When you fly into Murtala Mohammed airport in Lagos, that first impression you get about Nigeria is what counts the most. They even refer to that municipal airport as an international airport. I am not bothered as much with politicians as I am by the neanderthals that keep making excuses for them.

//

4 Likes

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by semyman: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
The hand work of the ineffectual buffoon and pulpit scammers
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by bot101(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
ogtavia:

Based on population density and GDP, India ranks higher than Nigeria. Nigeria's GDP is about $400bn as against $2.27bn Indian GDP. Nigeria has no logical reason to be so poor especially when we have oil. May has a point

India's GDP is 2 trillion dollars actually.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by adioolayi(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
sprints2:
shu see this one oo..na 30k dey make u run your mouth like...N power is a terrible initiave organized by the government to blindfold Nigerians...A scheme masterminded by our government to actually deny a fraction of the population from knowing their right...30k can't even afford rent in Nigeria not to talk of boarding a flight interstate...bros wise up u are better than these..don't be deceived by these old men who neutralizing our power to fight for the betterment of the country...

You are not making sense.. so sorry! The last time I checked, minimum wage is still #19,000. Your responses clearly shows you are still being fed. So, I wont reply you again.
NB: I am not an NPower beneficiary directly, ..buy so far it is putting food on tables of thousands of beneficiaries that are Nigerians... I am a beneficiary.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Jaqenhghar: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
at least they should do it with sense and invest in their country.
My sister. We cant have it both ways. You cant be ruining your economy through stealing and expect any tangible investment.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by OChimex: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Very big lie. How can you say this when there's India, Bangladesh, Philippines, and most nations in south east Asia and the Americas. Well if she's saying this based on population density then India is far ahead.

Can you rebut her saying? Shows us raw facts, figures and statistics.

But the truth is, even a blind man will see it that Africa is the most backward continent.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Buffalowings3(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
IsioStar1:
I laugh!
So Nigeria is a poorer Country compared to Zim, Venezuela, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Somalia, Greece and even Benin Na wa oh for this people sha. And Nigerian youths believe the crap too. One roll of tissue paper is1billion Bolivar in Venezuela which is their currency even in Zimbabwe here a bunch of plantain cost as much as 1million Zimbabwean Dollar. Believe these so called World leaders at your own peril. I dey bow for una oo. Shoo

Why are you comparing Nigeria to those countries?
That's a bad company to keep. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by sprints2: 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
Daviddson:
She has yet to touch down in Nigeria and she's already running her mouth. All these whites and their boundless pride and disrespect for the blacks. The way they run down Africans churning out poverty figures from their mind, you'll think there are no poor, homeless people among them too. But alas the reverse is the case.
Why are Nigerians on Nairaland so anti-Nigerian unlike what obtains on Twitter? Why can't we talk back at these imperialists, and leave out local politics aside, some times? Trump's reported comment about Buhari that filled the cyberspace yesterday should have received a widespread condemnation and trolling of Trump from us, but no, Nairalanders would rather insult their president more.

The only US president who ever spent three terms in office, Roosevelt, was a crippled who ruled from wheelchair, but he saw America through the Second World War making it an unrivalled world power.
We are not anti Nigerians we are just bittered..there is no crime is criticism the only way to shut your critics is to act...why would I support a lifeless man who doesn't care about the needs of the country... oh yes he is not the cause of Nigeria's mishap but he has contributed Kore to our problem..he should put Nigerians up before himself... so many people died for him during for him to be elected..I don't see the reason why he can't shut his critics by doing something people will credit him for....number of projects done zero...poverty level worsened...cost of living very high..the person who oversaw america from a wheelchair did more with his head than our current president is doing...Stephen hawking was tied down to chair and his contributions was widely appreciated by people...
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by ogtavia(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
bot101:

India's GDP is 2 trillion dollars actually.
My bad. I just saw the error now. Thanks.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by AngelicBeing: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
A lot of folks who live in Abuja, Lagos or urban centers think that those are what matter in Nigeria. Everyone counts and the deeper you delve into Nigeria, the level of extreme poverty becomes disheartening. The families at Angwan Rogo is no less significant than the ones in Lekki.

When you fly into Murtala Mohammed airport in Lagos, that first impression you get about Nigeria is what counts the most. They even refer to that municipal airport as an international airport. I am not bothered as much with politicians as I am by the neanderthals that keep making excuses for them.

//
You are Spot on, l weep when I see the PDP vs Apc warriors online defending these useless thieves called politicians that have rendered the country a cesspit of poverty and darkness, Nigeria is beyond redemption, as long as the status quo remains like this, the country is doomed, the politicians do not give a fvck to the masses, they have stolen generational wealth and they are drinking champagne in Abuja while hungry folks are busy defending the same bastards that has kept them in poverty, what a paradox shocked

3 Likes

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by lewis33(m): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
HOW EUROPE UNDER DEVELOPED AFRICA.....This is what I have to say to MAY in in AUGUST.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by justtoodark: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
lefulefu:
we are on d same level as afghanistan for now.

nonesense....we are the same level,thats why our politicians earn such incredible amount of money.....

why do you think they become nasty when their is elections....??

if nigeria was that poor,you think they would bother to even go to politics....??
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Olatara(f): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
MrMystrO:

May God rule your life the way Buhari is running Nigeria in Jesus Name. AMEN!!!
Quote me with sense, give me facts, stop saying shi.t. Stop this emotional sabotage.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by VULCAN(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
One of the requirements of being a BMC is that you are not permitted to read international economic reports.

You must read Lie Mohammed, Sagay and Keyamo reports as the only accepted syllabus

ChiefAzubuike:
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by sprints2: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
adioolayi:

You are not making sense.. so sorry! The last time I checked, minimum wage is still #19,000. Your responses clearly shows you are still being fed. So, I wont reply you again.
NB: I am not an NPower beneficiary directly, ..buy so far it is putting food on tables of thousands of beneficiaries that are Nigerians... I am a beneficiary.
can u use #19,000 to raise your family... just a sample question am not going abuse u am past that...never let ur emotion mix with your intention... before Npower we were surviving without N power we will survive... I just can't imagine a graduate earning less $100 per month in a blessed country like Nigeria...leave the backward society and change ur mentality bro...

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

My sister. We cant have it both ways. You cant be ruining your economy through stealing and expect any tangible investment.
I tire jhoor
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by sprints2: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
lewis33:
HOW EUROPE UNDER DEVELOPED AFRICA.....This is what I have to say to MAY in in AUGUST.
they brought civilization and we couldn't cope

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by OChimex: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
Daviddson:
She has yet to touch down in Nigeria and she's already running us down with her mouth. All these whites and their boundless pride and disrespect for the blacks. The way they run down Africans churning out poverty figures from their mind, you'll think there are no poor, homeless people among them too. But alas the reverse is the case.
Why are Nigerians on Nairaland so anti-Nigerian unlike what obtains on Twitter? Why can't we talk back at these imperialists, and leave out local politics aside, some times? Trump's reported comment about Buhari that filled the cyberspace yesterday should have received a widespread condemnation and trolling of Trump from us, but no, Nairalanders would rather insult their president more.

The only US president who ever spent three terms in office, Roosevelt, was a crippled who ruled from wheelchair, but he saw America through the Second World War making it an unrivalled world power.

Disrespect for blacks yet They made a blackman president in their country? Nigerians are in house of commons?
The figure on poverty is a lie yet, millions of blacks risk their lives, ready to die in the sea than stay in their countries?

Nairalanders are not anti-nigerians, it is the politicians who steal the common wealth that are anti- Nigeria.

If you criticise a wise person, he loves you more cox you just brought to his notice areas to improve on, but a stupid person hates you for telling him the truth.

Anyone sane when you tell him the truth hides his face in shame, and works to improve

You talk about Roosevelt and America, yet you know nothing about those. I will task you go back and read about the US economy under the man.... it continued moving from bad to best, unlike here we move from bad to worst.

If you want to move far in life, remove sentiments when criticized and accept the truth when told and stop giving excuses like, "I'm bad but, there are people worst than I'm"

The poverty rate is getting worse in Nigeria honestly, the streets of Nigeria show the evidence. When you drive on the streets of Nigeria, people look tattered, dishevelled and unkept, looking more like mad people, very hungry; unlike what is obtainable when you travel out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by justtoodark: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
sprints2:
can u use #19,000 to raise your family... just a sample question am not going abuse u am past that...never let ur emotion mix with your intention... before Npower we were surviving without N power we will survive... I just can't imagine a graduate earning less $100 per month in a blessed country like Nigeria...leave the backward society and change ur mentality bro...

its amazing that when jonathan was still in charge una didnt complain like this....

Top 10 Worst Places to Live in England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wRl1D__S4
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by MrMystrO(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
Olatara:
Quote me with sense, give me facts, stop saying shi.t. Stop this emotional sabotage.

Facts are not necessary in this situation, This is a very simple issue. Since it seems you're okay with the Buhari administration and how he's running the country, it shouldn't be hard for you to say AMEN to my prayer because if you truly believe he's running the country well, then it means God will run your life well. Except of course you are a hypocrite of some sort, if you really think Buhari is doing well, then may God Replicate Exactly that same method of Ruling In your Life in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
justtoodark:

nonesense....we are the same level,thats why our politicians earn such incredible amount of money.....

why do you think they become nasty when their is elections....??

if nigeria was that poor,you think they would bother to even go to politics....??
the nations wealth is cornered by a few(politicians) hence making nigeria a poor and harsh place to live in just like afghanistan. But with the way things are going in afghanistan if care's not taken that country is going to surpass nigeria. Look at eithopia that was below nigeria in the past is now much better than nigeria.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by NairaMaster1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Mumu.
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by justtoodark: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
lefulefu:
the nations wealth is cornered by a few(politicians) hence making nigeria a poor and harsh place to live in just like afghanistan. But with the way things are going in afghanistan if care's not taken that country is going to surpass nigeria. Look at eithopia that was below nigeria in the past is now much better than nigeria.

thats the problem...the money is their...but our greedy nature is out of control.....igbos have even taking it to the next level....

ethiopia is not better than nigeria...from were do you have that information from....?

i already told una to dont believe what western nations say....they are your enemies,not your friends....
Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by sprints2: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
justtoodark:

its amazing that when jonathan was still in charge una didnt complain like this....

Top 10 Worst Places to Live in England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wRl1D__S4
watz my biz with england the fact let's admit we are suffering...during jona' era we complained bitterly that was why people voted him out...buhari is jonathan 2.0

1 Like

Re: Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World by tochez007: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
Some people can so myopic and unenlightened what she said is nothing but the truth, we are living in a country where some persons can't boost of $1 in a day and you think this is a joke, you better go out and see for your self, people are suffering, take a walk to the major road that leads to badagry in Lagos state and see thousands of beggars at the road side with their children beside them just seeking for daily bread. Don't just sit in your house feel that everything is fine in this nation, there is starvation in this country. Take a look at the number of unemployed graduate you won't believe that most of them are still in their parents home seeks for daily bread while searching for what to do. The government is a failed government.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Service Chiefs In Motion As Captured By Bayo Omoboriowo / A Toddler Welcomes Muhammadu Buhari With His Usual Signs -pics / Video From Abuja One-Million-Man March For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.