Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Reason! And The Holy Spirit Will Flee. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason! And The Holy Spirit Will Flee. (292 Views)

Smite The Enemy And He Will Flee / The Latter Rain Of The Holy Spirit Will Come With Paradigm Shift / Holy Spirit Will Be Your Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason! And The Holy Spirit Will Flee. by HappyPagan: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
I was minding my business one fine Saturday morning, doing the things fine young bachelors like me self do on weekends - eh, I was looking for a haircut.

As I approached my barber, I saw them in the distance - the dark leather bag, the belts, the colorless dressing. The one in front saw me as I saw them, our eyes hit each others, and I could see his brain steer his body towards my direction, like a lighthouse.. the Jehovah's Witnesses..

"Good day, Brother, how are you?"
"I'm fine, and you?", I replied.

"I want to speak to you about Jesus"

"I have heard about him. He's a boring guy."

Stunned face. I saw his eyes dilate, pupils flicker - it was like watching a frog slip.

"Bros, what you don't say?"

"I say what you don't. That story is dull. Have you heard of Fela?"

"Wait, are you atheist?"

"Yes"

"so you believe there is no God?"

"I believe I am God. I'm greater than Jesus"

The Holy Spirit in him threw backflip...
Brother, how can you not believe in Jesus?"

"The question is how can you? Wetin concern black man concern Abraham?"

"So what do you believe in?"

"I believe in myself."

"No, bro, you must believe in something. You can't believe in nothing."

"I said I believe in myself. I'm with myself everyday. Everywhere I go, my self goes. All I know is myself. Everyone's a world to himself."

I had entered realms yet uncharted by this believer. This was a journey he was unwilling to continue. A sigh of resignation hit him, as he jumped ship, reminiscent of the prophet Jonah at Nineveh.

As he left, I swear I heard him pray 'baba God, i don try for this one. Make player no go sign agent enter club. this one pass me"

I smiled, congratulated my inner demons, sent victory message to my village people, and walked into the salon for that fineboy haircut..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason! And The Holy Spirit Will Flee. by HappyPagan: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lalasticlala wink

(1) (Reply)

Four Counsels For Kingdom Wealth - Proverbs 9:8-12 / Delta State Youth Ministers Fire Revival Conference 2018 / Eben Blasts Nigerian Government On Poor Infrastructure: Ghana Airport Is State O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.