Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Does The Devil Tempt People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Devil Tempt People? (1714 Views)

Did God Truly Tempt Abraham? / Be aware That satan will tempt You with Wealth while This Happens / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 7:07am On Aug 29, 2018
As strategy for recruiting people to his side its very poor. Anybody that sins gets condemned to hell where they cannot participate in the Devil's fight against God. Even as a tactic of removing pieces of the board, it's poor because he was already vastly out numbered 2 to 1 before humans and God is supposed to be omnipotent so he doesn't even have a chance but accordingly he seems bent on tempting people. To what end? May be he should be tempting the angels and Jesus?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Leopantro: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2018
You need to watch the series "The Messengers" , it will help explain why.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2018
Are you Christian?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 7:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Leopantro:
What is it all about?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
As strategy for recruiting people to his side its very poor.
Anybody that sins gets condemned to hell where they cannot participate in the Devil's fight against God.
Even as a tactic of removing pieces of the board, it's poor because he was already vastly out numbered 2 to 1 before humans
and God is supposed to be omnipotent so he doesn't even have a chance
but accordingly he seems bent on tempting people.
To what end?
You dont necessarily get condemned to "hell" because you've sinned or have sinned

The end of having the soul(s) and mainly because he is the definition of a psychopath

LordReed:
May be he should be tempting the angels and Jesus?
You didnt read the memo, he already did
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You dont necessarily get condemned to "hell" because you've sinned or have sinned

Huh? "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"? "but he who does not believe is condemned already"?

The end of having the soul(s) and mainly because he is the definition of a psychopath

Ahh yeah so God is letting a psychopath run around amongst his children? The loving God, the omnibenevolent God?

You didnt read the memo, he already did

Yeah but why concentrate on humans? He'd be better off persuading Jesus and angels to his side at least he'll have a fighting chance. With humans he'd get a bunch of squishy, easily defeated bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Leopantro:

God's messengers came to stop the rapture? LoL
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Are you Christian?

How does that matter?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

How does that matter?
It matters a lot because it will answer why you do not attack other religious outfits .
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
Huh? "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"? "but he who does not believe is condemned already"?
Yep you heard right that was before you refined your statement.
The latter "but" part of the above wasn't in your original remark

By the way, you do accept that, not everyone who commits a crime goes to prison

LordReed:
Ahh yeah so God is letting a psychopath run around amongst his children?
The loving God, the omnibenevolent God?
So you now know better than God how to go about the whole thing. Hmm?
You've suddenly become an expert in knowing how properly things of this nature should be handled and tackled. Right?

LordReed:
Yeah but why concentrate on humans? He'd be better off persuading Jesus and angels to his side at least he'll have a fighting chance.
With humans he'd get a bunch of squishy, easily defeated bunch.
The prophetic declaration borne out of omniscience has him concentrating on humans to devour upon.

He already persuaded half the innumerable angels but had no success, three times he tried it on Jesus

Humans are lying in their beds as they laid it
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2018
I have noticed something on this forum, and that is atheist here are cowards who baselessly attack Christians and Christianity .Go and attack Islam.. try that with Muslim and Islam and see if you won't be victims of an early death . Cowards!
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yep you heard right that was before you refined your statement.
The latter "but" part of the above wasn't in your original remark

Of course it wasn't part of my original remark, I quoted scripture to answer your response.

By the way, you do accept that, not everyone who commits a crime goes to prison

Ok so not everyone who sins will go to hell? What determines which sinner will go to hell and which won't?

So you now know better than God how to go about the whole thing. Hmm?
You've suddenly become an expert in knowing how properly things of this nature should be handled and tackled. Right?

LoL! Jesus said " If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!", in other words God is a better parent than we are and yet you are telling me God's good parenting means he allows a psychopath to keep killing his children? LoLz.

The prophetic declaration borne out of omniscience has him concentrating on humans to devour upon.

So if someone comes to tell you he will kill all your children tomorrow regardless of age, you will sit back and accept it? And not just anybody, someone you absolutely dominate in any sphere of existence, you'll accept him to do so?

He already persuaded half the innumerable angels but had no success, three times he tried it on Jesus

Half? I thought he succeeded with a third? And yes he should concentrate on persuading Jesus and the angels even he has tried before. Does he not persist towards humans even when they resist?

Humans are lying in their beds as they laid it

How so?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have noticed something on this forum, and that is atheist here are cowards who baselessly attack Christians and Christianity .Go and attack Islam.. try that with Muslim and Islam and see if you won't be victims of an early death . Cowards!

LoL! Full rubbish. Why do you think they ran away to their own section? And why they have that rubbish declaration put on your profile if you attempt to comment in their walled garden? Muslims are the cowards because they cannot stand free rational thought.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
It matters a lot because it will answer why you do not attack other religious outfits .

Where is the attack?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 10:15am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Full rubbish. Why do you think they ran away to their own section? And why they have that rubbish declaration put on your profile if you attempt to comment in the walled garden? Muslims are the cowards because they cannot stand free rational thought.
Go to the Islam room and declared the words to enter and see how you will be treated...but I don't blame you; I blame the management of this forum for not creating space for Christians: they are showing bias . Mtchww
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Go to the Islam room and declared the words to enter and see how you will be treated...but I don't blame you; I blame the management of this forum for not creating space for Christians: they are showing bias . Mtchww

How will I be treated? When their section was more open I used to ask questions there, I am still alive today so what is the big deal you are making?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

How will I be treated? When their section was more open I used to ask questions there, I am still alive today so what is the big deal you are making?
Mtchww...abeg stop lying jare.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2018
People will be forming atheist ...mtchww
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:

LoL, you stop projecting your cowardice.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
People will be forming atheist ...mtchww

LoL @ your fake outrage.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, you stop projecting your cowardice.
See, I do not have time to dialogue with liars . Excuse me
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
See, I do not have time to dialogue with liars . Excuse me

Yeah, please answer the OP or Bleep off. Thank you.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

Yeah, please answer the OP or Bleep off. Thank you.
I only answer intelligent OPs that add value to my life , not useless writeups written by the miserable .
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
I only answer intelligent OPs that add value to my life , not useless writeups written by the miserable .

LoL please go away, you are pathetic.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Shelumiel: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

LoL please go away, you are pathetic.
Pathetic is better than being clueless and rejected . Get a life pal
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Pathetic is better than being clueless and rejected . Get a life pal

Says the one bugging me, LoL.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by hopefulLandlord: 11:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Check out Tintingz posts and topics

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
Of course it wasn't part of my original remark, I quoted scripture to answer your response
I am grateful for your quoted scripture
I do maintain that you dont necessarily get condemned to "hell" because you've sinned or have sinned.

Notice the scripture you happily quoted said you're condemned for not believing

You're missing a trick, if you do not believe, and so condemning yourself already

LordReed:
Ok so not everyone who sins will go to hell?
What determines which sinner will go to hell and which won't?
What determines which sinner will go to hell and which won't is similar to which accused is sent to prison and which isn't.
Based of the representation put forward by your brief, the Judge will evaluated and from after that determine whether to set you free or send you to the slammer

LordReed:
LoL! Jesus said " If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!", in other words God is a better parent than we are and yet you are telling me God's good parenting means he allows a psychopath to keep killing his children? LoLz.
Are you doubting God's ability and sense of good judgement here?
Please feel free and don't be shy in admitting so if you do and really are

LordReed:
So if someone comes to tell you he will kill all your children tomorrow regardless of age, you will sit back and accept it? And not just anybody, someone you absolutely dominate in any sphere of existence, you'll accept him to do so?
I don't seem to get you.
What are you playing at?
Are you sneakily trying to put God on the stand here?

LordReed:
Half?
I thought he succeeded with a third? And yes he should concentrate on persuading Jesus and the angels even he has tried before. Does he not persist towards humans even when they resist?
If you thought he succeeded with a third, I know it was a third but trust my finger to go type twice.

He is no match for the rest of the angels and not even Jesus.

Besides, he was told humans, will he prey on all the days of his life.
Elsewhere we are warned that he is about prowling to see who is can devour

LordReed:
How so?
Arent we not?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I am grateful for your quoted scripture
I do maintain that you dont necessarily get condemned to "hell" because you've sinned or have sinned.

Notice the scripture you happily quoted said you're condemned for not believing

You're missing a trick, if you do not believe, and so condemning yourself already

The question is who ever goes to hell cannot fight for Satan what then is he's benefit?

What determines which sinner will go to hell and which won't is similar to which accused is sent to prison and which isn't.
Based of the representation put forward by your brief, the Judge will evaluated and from after that determine whether to set you free or send you to the slammer

So if I believe and still sin I won't go to hell?

Are you doubting God's ability and sense of good judgement here?
Please feel free and don't be shy in admitting so if you do and really are

I don't seem to get you.
What are you playing at?
Are you sneakily trying to put God on the stand here?

Actually it's you who is putting God on the spot. You mentioned that Satan is the literal definition of a psychopath and I asked does God now allow a psychopath to constantly harass and kill his own children, to which I asked you a question to illustrate. If you feel that puts God on the spot then you have yourself to blame not me. You are the one who has to show how letting a psychopath constantly harass people puts God in a good light.

If you thought he succeeded with a third, I know it was a third but trust my finger to go type twice.

He is no match for the rest of the angels and not even Jesus.

Wait he could persuade a third of the angels doesn't that indicate a possibility of success?

Besides, he was told humans, will he prey on all the days of his life.
Elsewhere we are warned that he is about prowling to see who is can devour

Arent we not?

He was told prey on us and its our fault?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Leopantro: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:

God's messengers came to stop the rapture? LoL

i mentioned the series in regards to your question, not the rapture
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
The question is who ever goes to hell cannot fight for Satan what then is he's benefit?
I can't seem to make out what you meant and tried to say with this remark.

LordReed:
So if I believe and still sin I won't go to hell?
That is for the Judge to decide and might partly be based on the strength of the defence given by your Brief, brief or how you represent yourself if you haven't any to put your case forward before the Judge

LordReed:
Actually it's you who is putting God on the spot.
You mentioned that Satan is the literal definition of a psychopath and I asked does God now allow a psychopath to constantly harass and kill his own children, to which I asked you a question to illustrate.
If you feel that puts God on the spot then you have yourself to blame not me.
You are the one who has to show how letting a psychopath constantly harass people puts God in a good light
Its you my friend behaving and writing weirdly because you think God has lost the plot.
You seem to forget God allowed His Son too, to be harassed and finally as He was killed.
God is not a hypocrite
You're behaving as if the harassing of people and the killing of His Son was not prophetically declared from day one of eating the fruit of TTKGE

LordReed:
Wait he could persuade a third of the angels doesn't that indicate a possibility of success?
Wait, think about it.
He's persuaded the persuade-able, there isn't any more possibility of success with the ones he failed to persuade

LordReed:
He was told prey on us and its our fault?
You make me laugh kikikiki ki.
If it's not our fault, whose fault should and/or would it be then?
On whose doorstep do you want place the fault?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Confesses And Repents About Prosperity Gospel,he Is No More Involved / Do No Forsake The Fellowship Of Brethren Because Of Corona Virus / Pastor W.F Kumuyi Has Eventually Agreed To Visit And Cure Corona Virus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.