Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Why Does The Devil Tempt People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Devil Tempt People? (1713 Views)

Did God Truly Tempt Abraham? / Be aware That satan will tempt You with Wealth while This Happens / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by hopefulLandlord: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lordreed, are you the same person as flamingreed?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Lordreed, are you the same person as flamingreed?

Eh, no.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Leopantro:

i mentioned the series in regards to your question, not the rapture

Yeah, how am I suppose to take what they say as an explanation when they basically take such a creative license? Is their explanation based on scriptural knowledge or on literary devices put in for storytelling sake?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I can't seem to make out what you meant and tried to say with this remark.

Why is Satan bothering people, causing them to go to hell, when in hell they can't participate in his fight against God. It makes no sense.

That is for the Judge to decide and might partly be based on the strength of the defence given by your Brief, brief or how you represent yourself if you haven't any to put your case forward before the Judge

Wait, I thought who goes to heaven or hell is an instantaneous thing after death. You mean there is a trial after you die?

Its you my friend behaving and writing weirdly because you think God has lost the plot.
You seem to forget God allowed His Son too, to be harassed and finally as He was killed.
God is not a hypocrite
You're behaving as if the harassing of people and the killing of His Son was not prophetically declared from day one of eating the fruit of TTKGE

LoL so it is a good thing to let a psychopath to run free killing people because the psychopath will also kill your son and it was foretold? Noted.

Wait, think about it.
He's persuaded the persuade-able, there isn't any more possibility of success with the ones he failed to persuade

By what information are you stating that they are unpersuadable? He tempted Jesus thrice that was recorded, why can he not try again?

You make laugh kikikiki ki.
If it's not our fault, whose fault should and/or would it be then?
On whose doorstep do you want place the fault?

It's our fault that a psychopath is preying on us? Like seriously?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
Why is Satan bothering people, causing them to go to hell...
"The LORD said to Satan, “From where have you come?”
Satan answered the LORD and said,
“From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”
"
- Job 1:7

"Keep your mind clear, and be alert.
Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour.
"
- 1 Peter 5:8

Satan is bothering people because that is what Satan has become, a bother.
If Satan is going down, he isnt going down alone and that's why he is causing people, along with him, to end up in "hell"

Satan has an insatiable hunger
LordReed, do you know, during the last supper, what the thing(s) was, Jesus shared with Peter that Satan strongly wished for?

LordReed:
when in hell they can't participate in his fight against God.
It makes no sense
Satan knows his goose is cooked and having people in "hell" is exactly where he wants people to be or end up at.

If you have Satan's hotline number, why dont you call him, to say his scheme and/or tactics makes no sense.
You really think Satan is fighting, is fighting against God?

When you realise that, actually this is Satan being vindictive, it makes some semblance of sense

LordReed:
Wait, I thought who goes to heaven or hell is an instantaneous thing after death.
You mean there is a trial after you die?
You just, with these two remarks, made me chuckle to myself.

Hell, is a concept from Greek mythodology.

Run through me the sequence of actions and regular procedures, for you travelling from Lagos to London.
If Lagos to London wont do, then I'll accept from Abuja to Lagos.

I'll come to respond properly to those two remarks after you've given the airport's sequence of actions and regular procedures of you travelling

LordReed:
LoL so it is a good thing to let a psychopath to run free killing people because the psychopath will also kill your son and it was foretold? Noted.
So you want to dabble into and talk about killings now, do you?
OK, how, why, where and/or when, LordReed, did death enter the world?

Hang on, we werent talking and never was talking about, whether it was a good thing or not.
You asked, to what end is Satan bent on tempting people, doing his worse and all, so I replied that its because he is a psychopath.
This is how we got the psychopath mentioing, so please stop your strawmanning bouts
and check your attempts to change the focus at whim

LordReed:
By what information are you stating that they are unpersuadable?
He tempted Jesus thrice that was recorded, why can he not try again?
He's barred. Remember he got thrown & kicked out

LordReed:
It's our fault that a psychopath is preying on us? Like seriously?
C'mon now, spill your gut out
Say it like you want

I reiterate, if it's not our fault, whose fault should it and/or would it be, then?
Whisper it here
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"The LORD said to Satan, “From where have you come?”
Satan answered the LORD and said,
“From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”
"
- Job 1:7

"Keep your mind clear, and be alert.
Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour.
"
- 1 Peter 5:8

Satan is bothering people because that is what Satan has become, a bother.
If Satan is going down, he isnt going down alone and that's why he is causing people, along with him, to end up in "hell"

Satan has an insatiable hunger
LordReed, do you know, during the last supper, what the thing(s) was, Jesus shared with Peter that Satan strongly wished for?

Satan knows his goose is cooked and having people in "hell" is exactly where he wants people to be or end up at.

If you have Satan's hotline number, why dont you call him, to say his scheme and/or tactics makes no sense.
You really think Satan is fighting, is fighting against God?

When you realise that, actually this is Satan being vindictive, it makes some semblance of sense

Ahh, Ok so Satan just wants company? A third of the angels wasn't company enough?

You just, with these two remarks, made me chuckle to myself.

Hell, is a concept from Greek mythodology.

Run through me the sequence of actions and regular procedures, for you travelling from Lagos to London.
If Lagos to London wont do, then I'll accept from Abuja to Lagos.

I'll come to respond properly to those two remarks after you've given the airport's sequence of actions and regular procedures of you travelling

I think you should just explain what you mean.

So you want to dabble into and talk about killings now, do you?
OK, how, why, where and/or when, LordReed, did death enter the world?

Hang on, we werent talking and never was talking about, whether it was a good thing or not.
You asked, to what end is Satan bent on tempting people, doing his worse and all, so I replied that its because he is a psychopath.
This is how we got the psychopath mentioing, so please stop your strawmanning bouts
and check your attempts to change the focus at whim

It's a continuation of the thought, if Satan is a psychopath why is he free? By what measure is a psychopath being free to kill an acceptable state of affairs?

He's barred. Remember he got thrown & kicked out

Yet he can go to heaven at will.

C'mon now, spill your gut out
Say it like you want

I reiterate, if it's not our fault, whose fault should it and/or would it be, then?
Whisper it here

What I think won't serve your purpose but here it is, I don't believe there is any "fault".
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
LordReed:
Ahh, Ok so Satan just wants company?
A third of the angels wasn't company enough?
Satan cares less about human company.
The third of the angels' company is enough and so, suits him fine

It has nothing to do with company
Like I earlier remarked, when you realise that, actually this is Satan being vindictive, it begins to make some semblance of sense.

LordReed:
I think you should just explain what you mean.
To tell you the truth, you really need to make an attempt first, on the request.
I will be building on your response to explain what I mean.

The explanation will clarify your first thought, that going to heaven or hell, is an instantaneous thing after death
and your second thought, that there is a trial after one dies

LordReed:
It's a continuation of the thought, if Satan is a psychopath why is he free?
By what measure is a psychopath being free to kill an acceptable state of affairs?
What, to do about Satan and him being free, do you know, to put forward for consideration?

LordReed:
Yet he can go to heaven at will.
He wish.
Which of the heavens?
You must be talking about another Satan or somebody else.

LordReed:
What I think won't serve your purpose
but here it is, I don't believe there is any "fault".
I dont have any purpose that needs serving

Run over the first page,
you'll find, it was you who introduced the word "fault", with the remark "He was told prey on us and its our fault?" and not me

I think you'll change your mind about not believing there is any fault when reminded of the finger-pointing in other directions that took place
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 12:15am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Satan cares less about human company.
The third of the angels' company is enough and so, suits him fine

It has nothing to do with company
Like I earlier remarked, when you realise that, actually this is Satan being vindictive, it begins to make some semblance of sense.

OK so he's just being a dog in the manger. He just wants to spoil God's work.

To tell you the truth, you really need to make an attempt first, on the request.
I will be building on your response to explain what I mean.

The explanation will clarify your first thought, that going to heaven or hell, is an instantaneous thing after death
and your second thought, that there is a trial after one dies

Nope I don't have to make any attempt, you either explain your analogy or you don't, ball's in your court.

What, to do about Satan and him being free, do you know, to put forward for consideration?

What do you mean?

He wish.
Which of the heavens?
You must be talking about another Satan or somebody else.

"One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them."

I dont have any purpose that needs serving

Run over the first page,
you'll find, it was you who introduced the word "fault", with the remark "He was told prey on us and its our fault?" and not me

I think you'll change your mind about not believing there is any fault when reminded of the finger-pointing in the other directions that took place

So what did you mean by "Humans are lying in their beds as they laid it"?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 12:42am On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
OK so he's just being a dog in the manger.
He just wants to spoil God's work.
Hole in one. Kikikiki ki grin

LordReed:
Nope I don't have to make any attempt, you either explain your analogy or you don't,
ball's in your court.
It's your prerogative but the truth is, its your loss, not mine, when and/or if I dont.
I know what I bring to the table, so trust me when and/or if I say, I am not afraid to eat this one alone.
The ball's not in my court, you've actually with your refusal, kicked the ball out of play

LordReed:
What do you mean?
You seemed to have taken an exception to Satan being free.
So I asked:
What do you know, to put forward for consideration, in terms of, what is needed done about Satan or what should have been done about him?

LordReed:
"One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them."
I do recall, asking which of the heavens.
Do you seriously believe Satan will pull stunts in the full glare of God's presence?

LordReed:
So what did you mean by "Humans are lying in their beds as they laid it"?
Suffering the consequence(s)
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 5:17am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Hole in one. Kikikiki ki grin

You seemed to have taken an exception to Satan being free.
So I asked:
What do you know, to put forward for consideration, in terms of, what is needed done about Satan or what should have been done about him?

If someone is bent on spoiling your work do you leave him free to carry out his nefarious plans?

I do recall, asking which of the heavens.
Do you seriously believe Satan will pull stunts in the full glare of God's presence?

Whichever one, he was there.

Suffering the consequence(s)

Of having a psychopath prey on us?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
If someone is bent on spoiling your work do you leave him free to carry out his nefarious plans?
Yes I will, especially when I know I've got everything covered and under control.
There is method in the madness.

Now, I will re-ask you this question again and in a slightly different way:
If you think you know better than God, what lofty idea, do you know, to put forward for consideration,
in terms of, what is needed done about Satan or what should have been done about him?

LordReed:
Whichever one, he was there
Well, I restate that Satan will not, will never a pull stunt(s) like that in God's presence and in His full glare.

LordReed:
Of having a psychopath prey on us?
With a question of this nature and wording, it appears you're saying God has poor judgment and bad taste
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yes I will, especially when I know I've got everything covered and under control.
There is method in the madness.

Now, I will re-ask you this question again and in a slightly different way:
If you think you know better than God, what lofty idea, do you know, to put forward for consideration,
in terms of, what is needed done about Satan or what should have been done about him?

You may see millions (may be billions?) of people dying over several centuries and supposedly going to hell as a method in madness but I don't.

I would think the solution is fairly obvious but for someone who thinks it is an acceptable state of affairs maybe it isn't. When a psycho is prowling around your children and you have the means to immediately dispose of him, I don't think you will stop to allow him touch a hair on their head before you neutralise him. So yeah given God's supposed omnipotence, Satan should not be bothering God's creation in any way, shape or form.

Well, I restate that Satan will not, will never a pull stunt(s) like that in God's presence and in His full glare.

LoL, this was expected.

With a question of this nature and wording, it appears you're saying God has poor judgment and bad taste

Yup.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
You may see millions (may be billions?) of people dying over several centuries and supposedly going to hell as a method in madness but I don't.
Have ever considered why you don't?
I'll tell you for free, why.
It is because you aren't God.
Strange as it might look to you, mortal man that you are, there is a good reason for the method.

LordReed:
I would think the solution is fairly obvious but for someone who thinks it is an acceptable state of affairs maybe it isn't.

When a psycho is prowling around your children and you have the means to immediately dispose of him, I don't think you will stop to allow him touch a hair on their head before you neutralise him.
So yeah given God's supposed omnipotence, Satan should not be bothering God's creation in any way, shape or form
Remind please.
What's your credentials?

My dear friend, I am grateful for you mentioning God's omnipotence but you omitted His omniscience.

Patience, patience, at the appropriate time Satan will be "neutralised"

LordReed:
LoL, this was expected
It is true, isn't it?

LordReed:
Yup.
You've got chutzpah.
I hope its made of steel
because if not, then at the rate and way you're going, very soon or later, you will end up wincing and squealing ooo
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Have ever considered why you don't?
I'll tell you for free, why.
It is because you aren't God.
Strange as it might look to you, mortal man that you are, there is a good reason for the method.

LoL, and you are God who knows this supposedly good reason?

Remind please.
What's your credentials?

My dear friend, I am grateful for you mentioning God's omnipotence but you omitted His omniscience.

Patience, patience, at the appropriate time Satan will be "neutralised"

Simple, I am a rational thinking being.

Patience after 70 centuries (by biblical reckoning) of millions (billions?) of people dying and supposedly going to hell due to the antics of an adversary God supposedly has an infinite advantage over? LoL! Unbelievable. SMH

It is true, isn't it?

If the bible has to be interpreted so that it fits your narrative, yeah sure. LoL

You've got chutzpah.
I hope its made of steel
because if not, then at the rate and way you're going, very soon or later, you will end up wincing and squealing ooo

LoL, ojuju calabar is for little kids.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
LoL, and you are God who knows this supposedly good reason?
You should pleased I am not God.
Thank God, I am not.

About you getting the hump over me knowing the good reason, it's a matter of, if you know, you know.

LordReed:
Simple, I am a rational thinking being
ROTFL. "I am a rational thinking being", he says. Bwahahaha ha
That wasn't what I asked about. SMH.

LordReed:
Patience after 70 centuries (by biblical reckoning) of millions (billions?) of people dying and supposedly going to hell due to the antics of an adversary God supposedly has an infinite advantage over? LoL! Unbelievable. SMH
Again there is a method in the madness

LordReed:
If the bible has to be interpreted so that it fits your narrative, yeah sure. LoL
I will eat a shoe, if you are able to present where Satan has directly pulled stunts in God's presence without getting clearance first

LordReed:
LoL, ojuju calabar is for little kids.
That was metaphorically speaking though.
You'll wince and squeal when those twins and spongy sphericals are squeezed
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

ROTFL. "I am a rational thinking being", he says. Bwahahaha ha
That wasn't what I asked about. SMH.

What then did you ask about?

Again there is a method in the madness

That only you and God know right?

I will eat a shoe, if you are able to present where Satan has directly pulled stunts in God's presence without getting clearance first

What do I care what he does there? The bible clearly states he went to heaven and was in God's presence along with other angels. If you interpret it as something else, that's on you.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
What then did you ask about?
I asked you what I originally asked you
and that was asking what your credentials are

I did not ask you about what you fancy yourself to be or what you fancy yourself seen as

What is/are your qualification(s) and achievement(s) that makes you think you know better than God how to handle and take care of Satan.

What is special, what is it about you that makes you turn your nose up at God and says His ways are unsuitable?

I am as much rational thinking as you are, if I am not more rational thinking than you are.

LordReed:
That only you and God know right?
What took you so long to use this line?
I anticipated you using it sooner or later

LordReed:
What do I care what he does there?
The bible clearly states he went to heaven and was in God's presence along with other angels.
If you interpret it as something else, that's on you.
At least he wasn't in heaven trying to again to persuade more angels, like you would prefer him to
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I asked you what I originally asked you
and that was asking what your credentials are

I did not ask you about what you fancy yourself to be or what you fancy yourself seen as

What is your qualifications and achievements that makes you think you know better than God how to handle and take care of Satan.

What is special, what is it about you that makes you turn your nose up at God and says His ways are unsuitable?

I am as much rational thinking as you are, if I am not more rational thinking than you are.

LoL, the person who thinks a psychopath killing children requires 7,000years to deal with is more rational. That is one for the ages.

I have no other credential to present, sue me if it doesn't suit you. LMAO!

At least he wasn't in heaven trying to again to persuade more angels, like you would prefer him to

It would have made more sense for him to be doing that instead of disturbing Job.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
LoL, the person who thinks a psychopath killing children requires 7,000years to deal with is more rational.
That is one for the ages.
Your words, not mine.
It wasn't today, the blaming game started.
No one wants to accept responsibility. SMH.
It is either Satan's fault or the other persons'. Kikikiki ki.

LordReed:
I have no other credential to present, sue me if it doesn't suit you. LMAO!
Then it shows you arent suitable, you don't qualify to poke your nose in God's business, especially in things you haven't the foggiest about.

I don't need to sue you.
Just make sure you have a good brief for when you do appear before the Judge.

LordReed:
It would have made more sense for him to be doing that instead of disturbing Job.
You would know, as you are cleverer than God and Satan rolled into one
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Your words, not mine.
It wasn't today, the blaming game started.
No one wants to accept responsibility. SMH.
It is either Satan's fault or the other persons'. Kikikiki ki.

Where is the blame? LoL

Then it shows you arent suitable, you don't qualify to poke your nose in God's business, especially in things you haven't the foggiest about.

I don't need to sue you.
Just make sure you have a good brief for when you do appear before the Judge.

LoL! As I said ojuju calabar is for frightening little children.

You would know, as you are cleverer than God and Satan rolled into one

It may seem so. LoLz
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
Where is the blame? LoL
You tell me, as everyone seemed to have blamed the other than themselves, even God wasn't exempted, as He too fingered for blame.

LordReed:
LoL! As I said ojuju calabar is for frightening little children.
Ojuju Calabar has nothing on it.
It doesn't come close.

LordReed:
It may seem so. LoLz
Conceited as well.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You tell me, as everyone seemed to have blamed the other than themselves, even God wasn't exempted, as He too fingered for blame.

Can you quote the place I blamed God or Satan?
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
Can you quote the place I blamed God or Satan?
If you don't know who everyone is, sorry I can't help you with your strawman.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
If you don't know who everyone is, sorry I can't help you with your strawman.

LoL ah ok everybody minus me, Halleluyah!
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
LordReed:
LoL ah ok everybody minus me, Halleluyah!
Make of it what you like.
Make of it whatever makes you happy.
Make of it whatever floats your boat.
Make of it whatever doesn't give you sleepless nights.
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 31, 2018
LordReed:
As strategy for recruiting people to his side its very poor. Anybody that sins gets condemned to hell where they cannot participate in the Devil's fight against God. Even as a tactic of removing pieces of the board, it's poor because he was already vastly out numbered 2 to 1 before humans and God is supposed to be omnipotent so he doesn't even have a chance but accordingly he seems bent on tempting people. To what end? May be he should be tempting the angels and Jesus?

God and devil are the same person...grin

Thank me later .
Re: Why Does The Devil Tempt People? by MuttleyLaff: 7:42am On Aug 31, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winners’s Chapel Easter Youth Alive Camp 2019 / Benny Hinn Confesses And Repents About Prosperity Gospel,he Is No More Involved / Father Christmas Observing Muslim Prayer-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.