Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President (7441 Views)

Top Ten Things That Will Happen When Nigeria Is Restructured / Jonah Jang Declares His Senate Seat Vacant From 2019 / Senator Jonah Jang Remanded In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by gimmehear(f): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2018
Former Plateau State governor and senator representing Plateau north senatorial district at the National Assembly, Dr. Jonah David Jang,(Senator Hang) said he will pursue vigorously the task of restructuring Nigeria if elected president

He lamented that the country was deeply divided along ethnic and religious lines thereby creating suspicion and lack of trust among various ethnic group in the country.

Jonah Jang disclosed this yesterday, when he presented letter of intent to contest the 2019 Presidential election to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“I’ve come on behalf people of my constituency, Plateau State, the Middle Belt of Nigeria, and the entire nation. I’ve come to formally and officially announce my interest and decision to join the contest for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2019 elections.

“The clamour for restructuring will be addressed, in line with the provisions of our laws. Restructuring and reorganising Nigeria to the comfort of all Nigerians is a task I will face with commitment. If we have operated a system for 58 years and Nigerians are asking for a review of the structures, there is no need to delay it further.

“Today, Nigeria has increasingly become a deeply divided nation, and the bases for our unity are being eroded. We face enormous security challenges emanating from the proliferation of small arms and light weapons, the increased wave of armed banditry, leading to the annihilation of complete, hitherto, peaceful communities, armed communal clashes, religious fundamentalism, armed robbery, insurgency and unhindered kidnapping, among others.”

Jang, who acknowledged cheers from supporters who turned out from across the Middle Belt, said the region has supported and made several presidents, yet, the country has not produced a democratic elected president.

“Our party, the PDP, has zoned the presidency to the North, for the purpose of the 2019 elections. The Middle Belt is at the centre of the North; it is the glue of the North, the bridge of Nigeria, the guarantor of national unity and oneness, and has sustained the North over time.

“Sadly, however, this zone has not produced an elected president under our constitution. There have been arguments in our party recently, to the effect that the zone of the north, with the highest number of registered voters, should be given the presidential flag of the party.

“This is not the position of the party; it is only the opinion of some aspirants. The North Central and Middle Belt also have millions.

http://gimmehear.com/senator-jang-nigeria-restructured-president/

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by chiagozien(m): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2018
gimmehear:
Former Plateau State governor and senator representing Plateau north senatorial district at the National Assembly, Dr. Jonah David Jang,(Senator Hang) said he will pursue vigorously the task of restructuring Nigeria if elected president

He lamented that the country was deeply divided along ethnic and religious lines thereby creating suspicion and lack of trust among various ethnic group in the country.

Jonah Jang disclosed this yesterday, when he presented letter of intent to contest the 2019 Presidential election to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“I’ve come on behalf people of my constituency, Plateau State, the Middle Belt of Nigeria, and the entire nation. I’ve come to formally and officially announce my interest and decision to join the contest for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2019 elections.

“The clamour for restructuring will be addressed, in line with the provisions of our laws. Restructuring and reorganising Nigeria to the comfort of all Nigerians is a task I will face with commitment. If we have operated a system for 58 years and Nigerians are asking for a review of the structures, there is no need to delay it further.

“Today, Nigeria has increasingly become a deeply divided nation, and the bases for our unity are being eroded. We face enormous security challenges emanating from the proliferation of small arms and light weapons, the increased wave of armed banditry, leading to the annihilation of complete, hitherto, peaceful communities, armed communal clashes, religious fundamentalism, armed robbery, insurgency and unhindered kidnapping, among others.”

Jang, who acknowledged cheers from supporters who turned out from across the Middle Belt, said the region has supported and made several presidents, yet, the country has not produced a democratic elected president.

“Our party, the PDP, has zoned the presidency to the North, for the purpose of the 2019 elections. The Middle Belt is at the centre of the North; it is the glue of the North, the bridge of Nigeria, the guarantor of national unity and oneness, and has sustained the North over time.

“Sadly, however, this zone has not produced an elected president under our constitution. There have been arguments in our party recently, to the effect that the zone of the north, with the highest number of registered voters, should be given the presidential flag of the party.

“This is not the position of the party; it is only the opinion of some aspirants. The North Central and Middle Belt also have millions ...
http://gimmehear.com/senator-jang-nigeria-restructured-president/

Lalasticlala

God bless biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by fk001(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2018
We can see how you restructured plateau state with religion crisis.

The guy above me his mumurism knew no bound, he quoted the whole news just to bless delusion.

22 Likes

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by SalamRushdie: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2018
I am quite concerned about the current mental state of Jang

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by EmirAbj: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2018
You This Thief

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Brunosamel(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2018
I can't even see any sence in this write up
the only two people i know that will restructure Nigeria if given the chance is Ekwaramadu and Atiku 2019

1 Like

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Nopeace4dwicked: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2018
Bunch of mediocres

1 Like

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by buharitill2023: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2018
Hahahahahahaha,
He is contesting to be the president of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist organization

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by gaby(m): 9:36am On Aug 29, 2018
Monkey...see him odoyo face.

Just like you restructured the Plateau and made it a thriving and successful killing field for the herdsmen.

Na God and the blood of the slained go judge all of una.

The real President Buhari..right here...

Check out my siggy for my waka to and fro Europe from naija Tori jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Goldenonyx: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2018
Lol
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2018
........ go and be President of your village nah. Rogue.

PDP?!
Never again!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2018
Sorry, who be this one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Alwaysking: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Hediotic dwarf

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Xinzu: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Toto Amaka! grin
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Moreoffaith(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
where are these old gays coming from?
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by drealzum(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
I am proud of Da Jonah Jang.
I admire his boldness in coming out to run.
He represents the minority of Nigerians.
Some think presidency is only restricted for those from big tribes.
The presidency is zoned to the North. North is not only Hausa fulani na.

Out of the twelve candidates that have declared intrest to run for presidency in PDP, only Jang and Saraki are from middle belt and out of these 12 only Jang is a Christian.

The antecedents of Jang speaks for him.
After JD Gomwalk and Solomon Lar, he is the best governor plateau has ever had.
All the new roads you see in Jos today were all done by him.
Of course you won't compare his records with Governors in Rivers and Lagos. But he did the best that could be done with his peanut shoe string budget.
He has left a shoe that is too big to be filled in the state and that is why everyone is dissatisfied with the present Governor in Jos today.

I'm happy for Jang.
I am not his spokesman so I don't know how to hype him.
But what excites me most about his candidature is that he is making a statement. Not that I expect him to win. But atleast he made a statement for the middle belt. A statement that we middle belterns are Nigerians. A statement that a middle belter can one day be president of Nigeria.
God bless you Sir!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by 1972xy: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2018
Papa go and sit down. What is the difference between you and Papa Buhari in Age?
I beg you are too old for the job. Shallom
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Zendinho(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2018
This is one of them that made foreigners called us fantastically corrupt, shithole, lifeless and poorest capital of the world.
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by dominique(f): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2018
How did you structure Plateau state as governor?

5 Likes

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Dottore: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2018
I thought he's in jail
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Oziens: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2018
Every dick and Harry want to be Nigeria president. ...... grin cool[quote author=gimmehear post=70709747]Former Plateau State governor and senator representing Plateau north senatorial district at the National Assembly, Dr. Jonah David Jang,(Senator Hang) said he will pursue vigorously the task of restructuring Nigeria if elected president
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by ramdris(m): 9:43am On Aug 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I am quite concerned about the current mental state of Jang
LWKM

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Nukilia: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2018
Just enjoy your retirement with your children! We're tired of old cargoes using our money to treat themselves in foreign hospitals. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by nelronaldo(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Everybody jumping on this restructuring bandwagon
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by omooba969(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Thief.
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Mankosi: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2018
Jonah jang, sowore and Co u guys are funny.
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by BruncleZuma: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Just great...restructuring is the new whipping boy
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by kingPhidel(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
This one! Another lifeless ni oo.. During his tenure as governor and even as senator, he's always traveling for medical check up. We need a sound president like osibanjo, Saraki, Atiku, et al.....

1 Like

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by abc115: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
16>19
Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2018
fk001:
We can see how you restructured plateau state with religion crisis.

The guy above me his mumurism knew no bound, he quoted the whole news just to bless delusion.
with due respect i think ur comment is clueless. I'm not in support of Jang (tho i'm waiting to see who'd b beta wit ma pvc). Jang as governor in plateau changed d state to an extent. There re things he did here n he's NOT responsible 4 religious crisis. I stay in plateau over 20yrs now so shatap n argue with FACTS. Na una type de cos problem 4 d world..

1 Like

Re: Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President by omooba969(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Brunosamel:
I can't even see any sence in this write up
the only two people i know that will restructure Nigeria if given the chance is Ekwaramadu and Atiku 2019

You must be joking right? grin

If you are really serious about your comment, I will suggest you go back to sleep ok. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau South Senator, Daduut Float Mobilisation Initiative For Tinubu, APC / Yakubu Gowon Not Dead! / Supreme Court Upholds Committal Of Ex-BPE DG, Alex Okoh To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.