Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN (23595 Views)

NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / New Naira Notes: CBN Slams Sterling Bank, Parades Officials Over Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Iziquiel(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Under Buhari, everything is an opportunity to make money for the government. I hope this wouldn't trigger depositors withdrawing their money in panic thereby putting the banks in distress and failure.
Ignorance is a curse. You should go read up what capital repatriation by Multi National Corporations does to the economy of a country. All you ignorant people do, is to shout Buhari without having little or no knowledge on issues. No be Buhari do you and your family!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
Those useless South Africans believe they can make money here and wire it to their country. I don't just like them, If I can find my way I wish to send them packing, most especially Multichoice, MTN and Shoprite. As for Diamond bank they fumbled big time.
Nice job CBN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Iziquiel(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ijaya123:
Before I opened this thread, I was so sure Diamond Bank and Stanbic IBTC will be among. Sovereignty and financial law of the land must be respected. This will serve as a deterrent to others.

MTN do not own any physical structure in Nigeria. Every sections of their operations has been outsourced long time ago. Their plan is simply to make money and move everything to South Africa.

With such comments, these bunch has confirmed that their brains are lifeless. Baseless hatred for PMB and terrible attempt at playing opposition has turned them into moronic zombies, incapable of objecting reasoning, always spewing trash. I wonder if they are even educated.

Very irredeemable and pathetic lots.
That is what hatred does to the mind, their hate for Buhari has turned them into something else. The dumb ass obviously has no idea of what capital repatriation does to an economy. All they do is to shout Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Under Buhari, everything is an opportunity to make money for the government. I hope this wouldn't trigger depositors withdrawing their money in panic thereby putting the banks in distress and failure.
Your hatred for Buhari has clouded your sense of reasoning. Do you know the gravity of what MTN did? If we have many people like you in Nigeria this country might not progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by docadams: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
englishmart:
I knew stanbic ibtc will be in the list. I just pray make my small money no loss o.

I have ported since creation.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by docadams: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Gap2020:
They're the one killing the Economy of the country. Haha $8.4b. China would kill and distribute their flesh.

...America will just bury them in the High sea. This is economic terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by LyfeJennings(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
I CAN BET MY LIFE THEY WOULDN'T PAY
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by bellville: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
LyfeJennings:
they will not pay ke. They all have reserves with CBN

5 Likes

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
You see Nigeria Government and their cruelty.

MTN Nigeria came into Nigeria and provided thousands of unemployed Nigerian youths with Jobs and they r paying well until federal government came and used NCC to do their dirty deeds by attacking them..MTN are still paying the so called fine issued to them by the federal government and also massively laying off their staffs because they r trying to cut cost by any means necessary. but our so called corrupt politician will embezzle money and take it to a foreign country to invest regardless of unemployment rate in our country..and is the same politician that will be fight foreign investors that CAME to rescue us from the hardship inflicted on us by THEM. very soon MTN WILL GO..

The question that i want to ask us is this; why are u investing at the first place? my own humble answer is to make profit.. so stop attacking foreign investors that came to our rescue since you guys can not help us.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by olalat(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
docjuli:

How? Apart from Stanbic which other one?
Standard Bank and citi bank I guess.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by NightKing: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good move CBN. Economic terrorism by MTN.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by viktagorion: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
ABBA kyari will fix this.

Nothing will come out of this.

Useless country.

1 Like

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by babakb: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
semyman:
Buhari is gradually becoming an enigma, thank God no reports of killings for now. Enemies where is thy sting? 2023 is becoming surer

Why do you worry about enemies and critics too much, you are making them relevant just ignore them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by blacknp(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mgbadike80:
It is quite obvious you know nothing about economics,the regulators should come down harder with more fines,Nigeria is a gold mine for making money but you must stick within the Rules of the Federation,i wasn't surprised to see stanbic IBTC & Diamond Bank amongst the violators.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by blacknp(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
viktagorion:
ABBA kyari will fix this.

Nothing will come out of this.

Useless country.
You most probably don't live in Nigeria,because no sane minded person will deliberately curse himself?

But if indeed you live in Nigeria,i am sorry for you because you have damned yourself to perdition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by zinizta: 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mgbadike80:

do you even understand what is going on here?
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by hardeyeanc(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Why did u say this bro??
englishmart:
I knew stanbic ibtc will be in the list. I just pray make my small money no loss o.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by blacknp(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
anthonanik:

MTN Nigeria came into Nigeria and provided thousands of unemployed Nigerian youths with Jobs and they r paying well until federal government came and used NCC to do their dirty deeds by attacking them..MTN are still paying the so called fine issued to them by the federal government and also massively laying off their staffs because they r trying to cut cost by any means necessary. but our so called corrupt politician will embezzle money and take it to a foreign country to invest regardless of unemployment rate in our country..and is the same politician that will be fight foreign investors that CAME to rescue us from the hardship inflicted on us by THEM. very soon MTN WILL GO..

The question that i want to ask us is this; why are u investing at the first place? my own humble answer is to make profit.. so stop attacking foreign investors that came to our rescue since you guys can not help us.
Are you from South Africa,didn't MTN agree to pay,are they complaining?,the regulators even forced them with the fine to go public,Thief Telecom company ripping of Nigerians,the kind of money they make in Nigeria they can't dream of it in South Africa.

No one is against their business,they should invest and keep more of their revenue and foreign exchange they make in Nigeria that is all we as Nigerians desire.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Softhands(m): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
Let them carry their dirty pleasant jobs away... I'd rather farm than work for MTN...useless bunch of people...they steal from us and refuse to be listed on Nigeria's stock exchange...who does that? Can they tolerate one third of this nonsense they have done in south Africa? You come here and tell me they provided jobs...to hell with them and their Jobs...
anthonanik:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by blacknp(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Why did u say this bro??
It is a South African bank Stanbic Bank that merged with IBTC Nigeria owned by Atedo Peterside to form Stanbic IBTC Nigeria, also Diamond Bank owned by Pascal Dozie is one of the largest shareholders in MTN Nigeria.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
anthonanik:

You just typed gibberish. Do you even know the consequences of what they did the last time when they got that fine? Am sure you don't know. Do you know the consequences of illegal repatriation of money? Please, you need to educate yourself. MTN are economic saboteurs for engaging in dubious activities. The fine that they got the last, they were threat to the security of the nation by not abiding to the rules and regulations NCC gave them. Do research before you say anything online.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by blacknp(m): 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
LyfeJennings:
Reverse the Curse on yourself Mumu,they will pay the complete money and will still collaborate with MTN to provide billions of Naira for President Buhari's reelection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by mfm04622: 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
LyfeJennings:

CBN will deduct the money and told them it is the fine. Banks MUST keep money with CBN. Do your bank tell you before deducting their fees? They tell you AFTER deducting it. Same thing CBN will do to them
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Anyad231: 11:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Abeg wetin concern lifeless dullard with CBN who are just doing their job as the Apex bank of the country....buhari understand the English ni
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by HOTsnow(m): 12:08am On Aug 30, 2018
Good News...
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by miceroms: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2018
Why this fine now after more than two years.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by binary007: 3:15am On Aug 30, 2018
Babygiwa:
As seen in their the tweet from their official verified handle

http://thepunditng.com/cbn-slams-fines-on-4-nigerian-banks-over-fund-repatriation-for-mtn/

2.4 + 1.8 + 1.2 + 0.25 = N5.65bn

How did N5.65bn total to $8bn ... I'm still not getting it at all.
Can anyone help out?
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by edupedia: 4:59am On Aug 30, 2018
Drnice2:
Soon, the Lizards will tell us their leader(s) is fighting corruption. (Nigerians, including you op, PA to Saraki)Keep decieving yourselves.
Meanwhile, hear what the bolded have to say about themselves:

What is this one saying?...
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by englishmart(m): 5:55am On Aug 30, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Why did u say this bro??
Do you work with Stanbic IBTC?

1 Like

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Konnektions146(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2018
binary007:

2.4 + 1.8 + 1.2 + 0.25 = N5.65bn

How did N5.65bn total to $8bn ... I'm still not getting it at all.
Can anyone help out?

The 4 banks were fined a total of 5.65bn NGN for illegally repatriating over 8bn USD

So the banks are to pay N5.65bn (if they have not even paid)
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2018
edupedia:

What is even that my name again?...
Ask Pepsi.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by binary007: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2018
Konnektions146:

The 4 banks were fined a total of 5.65bn NGN for illegally repatriating over 8bn USD

So the banks are to pay N5.65bn (if they have not even paid)

thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators / Yamaha Begins Manufacturing In Nigeria / CBN To Banks: Sell Forex To BDCs - Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.