Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN (23613 Views)

NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / New Naira Notes: CBN Slams Sterling Bank, Parades Officials Over Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by kidaby: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Under Buhari, everything is an opportunity to make money for the government. I hope this wouldn't trigger depositors withdrawing their money in panic thereby putting the banks in distress and failure.

I think the fine is good. Some of these companies do not favour us in any way because they have businesses here and its the government business to ensure we benefit. They probably move all their profit back to their country, pay bogus salary to a few to reduce tax they pay to the government and still employ lots of expatriates that they don't even pay in naira. Add that to normal bribery in Nigeria where we teach them how to evade taxes. They won't run anywhere, they make mad money here and exploit us.

Same with the UK coming here. Trust me, its not for your own good but for their own interests. They are leaving the EU and they need new places to trade their products. This would affect our local manufacturers when they flood the market. The government is responsible to make sure the deal favors us by making them setup companies here, employing our people and selling in our currency and other policies.
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by ttmax09(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
Softhands:
Let them carry their dirty pleasant jobs away... I'd rather farm than work for MTN...useless bunch of people...they steal from us and refuse to be listed on Nigeria's stock exchange...who does that? Can they tolerate one third of this nonsense they have done in south Africa? You come here and tell me they provided jobs...to hell with them and their Jobs...
Wait ooo i am eargely waiting for there IPO, thought they said before year end they gon list on NSE after IPO
Re: CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN by chinnyonwu(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
My own is dont MTN know they can safely and discreetly remit as much as they want using bitcoins?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yamaha Begins Manufacturing In Nigeria / 20 Things The Rich Do Every Day / Emeka Offor Foundation Donate Medical Equipments, Books To Hospitals And Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.