Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting (25931 Views)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Fayemi: Buhari Should Campaign For His Candidate At Eagle's Square (Video) / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by ipobarecriminals: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
Where is Anonimi
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by solacong: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
otherway:
He will take over in 2023, Buhari still has unfinished business.

Buhari will go back to Daura, he has finish his assignment, the purpose of which he came has been achieved
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by bedspread: 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
Does it mean Sowore is no longer Contesting?
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Very odd that they all started declaring within the last 24 hours.
Who else noticed this?
Btw, I have done some NGO work with this guy some years back - very eloquent, smart and not pompous at all.
But Nigeria is not ready for this kind of leadership unfortunately.

bedspread:
I guess so.
Lets see who he will pick as his running mate.
I am surprised myself especially as he introduced Sowore to members of the public (remember that trending video of that errant man who refused ti stay on the queue at the airport?) as Nigeria's next President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by solacong: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
olabisi222:
Being president no be by grammar o

But he has use same grammar to do tremendous in the past

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by ADESOLA96(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI JOSEPH PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN TEAM.

PRESS STATEMENT

PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI IS STILL CONTESTING FOR PRESIDENT IN 2019.

Our attention has been drawn to a certain circulating information that some certain youths group, under the aegis of Presidential Aspirants Coming Together (PACT) adopted a particular candidate to represent all Young Presidential Candidates in 2019. PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI is not part of such Consensus.

We wish to inform the general public that PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI is still very much in the race and would not compromise for anything.

PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI is ready, set and committed to ensure that the best is achieve and by 2019 shall contest for the country's number one seat, President.

We would also love to bring to the general notice as part of efforts to Recover Nigeria's from bad economy, PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI shall be contesting under the platform of ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY (AD) as the NOMINATION FORM is ready..

PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI dissociates from any rumour of stepping down, we believe so much in a greater NIGERIA.

We enjoin everyone to be calm and keep supporting us.

PRINCE OJAJUNI is not relenting as we set for #TotalRecovery of the economy.

Thank you.

PRINCE ENIOLA OJAJUNI JOSEPH,
PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR 2019 ELECTION,
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by SEONaijaExpert: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
geometricaxis:

meaning well and having a plan are 2 different things, if you cannot show the innovation of youth in your own campaign where you are in total control, how will you manage the myriad of interests and obstacles if you become president?

You would expect that by now theyve utilized social media to start a movement and the momentum has gathered pace to the extent the establishment are shaking in their boots. you would expect that by now in a nation where 70% are below 40, that APC and PDP are not worried about each other but the youth movement gathering pace.....except there is no youth movement gathering pace.
That's to show and confirm that most of the gathering we saw in time past were sponsored and powered by cash. These youths are corrupt. I must say. Especially those claiming to be leading protest and running hashtags on social media. They do it for the money and it's unfortunate that this same people want to lead. They can't lead a campaign on social media or lead a protest now because they've not been paid to do so. It's a big shame. The youths are not ready, we might just have the same pattern. Nothing new!
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by solacong: 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
bedspread:

Sowore is on his own party not among the PACT

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by bluke(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
people wey no fit win in thier street. they have no party structure in over 33 states , they did not participate in ekiti and the bye elections . They shud be banned from wasting our time abeg. bloody fools

spot on
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Shakitibob0: 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
bedspread:
He doesnt belong to their group...

Still in the race

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I am soo disappointed. Kingsley Moghalu has the biggest chance of pulling this off
True that
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by koolbe(m): 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Congrats to Fela Durotoye.

For once we should make up our mind to save this country from d people who have held us hostage. How can a few clique of people continue to recycle leadership amongst themselves.
Fela is a MAN who loves this nation. He has done his own little part over d yrs to develope leaders and businesses. It's time for everyone to decide to take this country back through Fela Durotoye.

3 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by chronique(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
btoks:

Can you honestly say Nigerian politics has been worth it for the majority though?
Sometimes you need a total change and a breath of fresh air to move forward. A revolution of some sort.

Currently the way Nigerian politics is being run we'll be talking and complaining about the same issues in 20 years time while the rest of the world moves on.

they need to go for senate first,build political alliances across regions from there,understand how governance works,before taking a shot at the presidency. not this fire brigade approach they are taking now.
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Wise1official: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mrsoundoro:
Fela Durotoye emerged as the alternative candidate at the PACT meeting.

PACT (Presidential Aspirants Coming Together) is a coalition formed by certain presidential aspirants ahead of the 2019 election. Fela Durotoye, Kingsley Moghalu, and Yele Sowore formed this coalition as a way of building a United front for a better Nigeria.

Source:http://www.ngg.ng/2018/08/30/fela-durotoye-emerged-as-the-alternative-candidate-at-the-pact-meeting/.all this people saying dead on arrival,remember your children will ask you questions when the grow up and meet this country like this,even if I am the only one that will vote for fela I will.at list is better for me than this same circle stuff.
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Berankis: 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
chloride6:
grin grin grin grin grin

Vote for a motivational speaker at your peril grin grin
"Vote motivational speaker at your peril", "Buhari is a Jihadist and a herdsman", "Jonathan was daft and too incompetent". Pls what exactly or who do we want? This is why most of us are brainless, you will wonder if its stones thats in some people's heads.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by slimfit1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Originality007:

so na the lifeless does abi? undecided

Sowore does have the fire and its called life

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
people wey no fit win in thier street. they have no party structure in over 33 states , they did not participate in ekiti and the bye elections . They shud be banned from wasting our time abeg. bloody fools

Party structure, abi?

That your "party structure" is what is killing this country.

"Party structure" is another term for the drainpipe into which billions are poured every election year, billions which are then recouped with profit via government corruption by the ruling party while other parties circle round like carrion eaters looking for a chance bite at the carcass of the nation.

The reason why these guys cannot win elections is the same one for which thieves and charlatans are ruling us in perpetuity.

If only all Nigerians could wake the hell up and smell the shitt threatening to drown us!

Exchange Buhari for Saraki? Kwankwaso?

Tell me: which would you prefer in your bed? A cobra or a rattlesnake?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by manova(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
I think we need to be united in kicking PMB out and PDP is the only party that can pull this off in such short notice. FELA and Morghalu remain the best guys for this country but supporting them now will result in vote splitting and then PMB will win.

Morghalu and Durotonye should start working hard immediately after 2019,against 2023. We will be ready by then cos of the ample time.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by chinchum(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
The Closest and most practical out of the political circle candidate is SOWORE. He is street wise, however his campaign is yet to build momentum, he is still way off the mark to appear as a contender. Sowore is quite smart and doing great underground work, though it is still like a drop of water in an ocean. He needs lots of consensus, and possible crowd funding from grassroots to move away from a pretender zone.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
slimfit1:
No chance he doesn't have the fire needed.

Shut up dere
Your buhari DAT has d biggest fire nah hospital be him second house nonsense angry
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by SeriouslySense(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
I was hoping Sowore, Moghalu and Fela could work out their differences, but I will go with Sowore as the alternative and worthy candidate.

4 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I am soo disappointed. Kingsley Moghalu has the biggest chance of pulling this off
Moghalu we still. Come out nor worry
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
geometricaxis:

and yet he couldnt defeat Durotoye in ordinary closed door meeting?
This is why Nigeria is the worse political space. Opposition where starting to get threatened by KM. So they used there minions to put in FD who they know who not go anywhere. sowore pulled out. He saw through the gimmicks

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Biafrareform(m): 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
soberdrunk:
The only way this guy will stand a chance is if the election is done on Instagram or Twitter, let us even put rigging and malpractices aside, in what part of the world do you wake up one morning without holding any political office before, having any political experience or being a billionaire and think because you can string one or two big english words together you deserve to be president? Somebody that cannot even get up to 1000 votes in his community talk less of the main source of votes(The North)..... angry

Trump says hi.

How about Liberia President George Weah.

Is high time u knew that Nigeria is shit.
. But I prefer Moghalu
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by nellyelitz(m): 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
pulling what off please?
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Magdagascariens: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
I just laugh when people feel the effect of social media is still negligible in Nigeria!

Almost everyone on social media called President Jonathan CLUELESS, till he lost. It just got stock to millions of people that he's a FAILURE. Social media voted him out before actual elections!

You forgot how much bloggs like Lindaikeji made during 2015 elections?

Those who know in APC wont tell you social media is insignificant. Why do you think they want to clamp down on social media space?

Why do you think Guardian, Punch, Channels TV, etc pay heavily to build social media presence?

You need to check millions of followers FELA DUROTOYE has, most of who see him as mentor and role model. Majority are eligible voters!

Should he team up with Kingsley Moghalu, a former Deputy Central Bank boss and United Nations former employee, resources and endorsement should start flowing in.

I am not Fela's fan. Will probably vote a Sowore on that day. I just feel the political space needs some FIRE.

3 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

This is why Nigeria is the worse political space. Opposition where starting to get threatened by KM. So they used there minions to put in FD who they know who not go anywhere. sowore pulled out. He saw through the gimmicks

1st time i've heard of Moghalu was today

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Passovile: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
See youths washing down fellow youth... Even if he wouldn't win, at least let's encourage him.. If a youth wants to become a LG chairman sef, this tongue lashing coming from fellow youth is enough discouragement.
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Party structure, abi?

That your "party structure" is what is killing this country.

"Party structure" is another term for the drainpipe into which billions are poured every election year, billions which are then recouped with profit via government corruption by the ruling party while other parties circle round like carrion eaters looking for a chance bite at the carcass of the nation.

The reason why these guys cannot win elections is the same one for which thieves and charlatans are ruling us in perpetuity.

If only all Nigerians could wake the hell up and smell the shitt threatening to drown us!

Exchange Buhari for Saraki? Kwankwaso?

Tell me: which would you prefer in your bed? A cobra or a rattlesnake?
no hope for nigeria as long as we refuse to revolt
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Magdagascariens: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
geometricaxis:

1st time i've heard of Moghalu was today
You probably have not been following enough Sir
Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
Magdagascariens:

You probably have not been following enough Sir

how can i follow someone I dont know? This is what I am sayin, is it not the job of you seeking office to make me aware of you?

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Emerged As The Alternative Candidate At The PACT Meeting by nellyelitz(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
chloride6:
grin grin grin grin grin

Vote for a motivational speaker at your peril grin grin
these guys are out to divide southern vote, they're heavily paid by APC to carry out this sinister and dummy aspiration therecby returning block votes from the North for them. g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Didn’t See Adeleke In Exam Hall, Witnesses Tell Court / Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / Revolution Now - Sowore Vs Adeyinka Grandson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.