|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,104,476 members, 7,660,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 02:29 PM
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2019|
I lost my phone and my contacts. I am being honest. I didn't even see any texts to be honest dear. It is a very long story last last. I just thank God say him shame devil.
I am very fine o. Life is beginning to take shape
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by MissJoy29(f): 12:10am On Mar 17, 2019|
Maduawuchukwu:I believe you. I hope you are fine sha.
I was calling & sending text during that ceremony last year to congratulate you.
Still maintain your old line?
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2019|
Yes o. Pls pm me ur number.
Happy Sunday dear.
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by MissJoy29(f): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2019|
Maduawuchukwu:I will just holla you since you still use your old line.
Good morning. Did you sleep well?
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:59am On Mar 18, 2019|
Yes o. I slept well. I thank God. U fa?
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by kitone: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2019|
Well sometimes I wonder why Nigerian doctors run away from this this country,I can see some of the reasons.the madam that write the story claims the doctor she saw dint explain in details your condition.yes the doctor have the right to do that but you all know in Nigeria one doctor is expected to do the work of 10.some of these doctors took calls a night before,yet they resumed 8am to see over 100patients,some don't leave clinic till 6pm to resume call by 7pm to the next day.no time for break.i had a doctor friend in Luth surgery,he was practically on call every dayfor 8months before they employed another doctor.and it's not true that a ENT surgeon will perform the job as dentist or optometrist unless you don't know what you are talking about.pls put your foot in the shoes of these doctors and I am sure you may even be worse .whats it's point of off all the sacrifices and yet you are not appreciated.you think is about the money .there are lots of job that pays more than medicine and have rest of mind.no wonder lots of doctors don't practice anymore.don't judge people if you don't know what they're going through.
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by kitone: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2019|
That's why it's called a teaching hospital,that how the doctors were taught.so if you don't like it then go to a private hospital.shikena
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by MissJoy29(f): 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2019|
Maduawuchukwu:Good evening. Happy Sunday.
Did you get it?
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by MissJoy29(f): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2019|
kitone:You are clearly covering up for your friend who is a doctor. When you go to your mechanic to fix your car or to a phone repairer to fix your phone and you ask him what's wrong with your car or phone, does he also have the right to withhold the info? And what will be your reaction to that attitude when he refuses to tell you? It's indeed easy to criticicize.
Please note that what is doing is worth doing well. Sometimes it's the doctor's fault they are overworked but it's not the patient's fault so they shouldn't take it out on them. Now before you purposely misunderstand me, it's the doctor's fault in the sense that some of them want to work in both public and in their private hospitals ALONE! You see them "rushing" their patients in the public hospital just so they could meet up with their patients at their clinic. At the end, they will still end up "rushing" those ones so they can go rest and the cycle continues the next day. Why won't they be tired? In all these, how is it the patient's fault?
I have seen doctors who are consultants in particular areas in public hospitals become "jack of all trades" in their private clinics so what are you talking about? My uncle and I had problems once when he insisted I go to their family doctor for an ear problem. And I know where I would ordinarily get a good treatment. But he was insisting when I said I want to visit a teaching hospital. He said the guy also consults for a teaching hospital. I decided to try but not before I asked him his area of specialisation. It turns out the said doctor is a consultant GYNAECOLOGIST. My crime was asking how the two (ear & female medical conditions) relate especially knowing I will get better treatment with an ENT specialist.
My own family's doctor is another one.
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2019|
At all. I didn't see nothing. Hw i doing dear?
Hw are your students faring?
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by MissJoy29(f): 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2019|
Maduawuchukwu:Lol....the one I used to call you.
I'm doing great and my students are as well.
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by kunleweb: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2019|
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by IamD18: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2019|
MissJoy29:Bless you too.
I've done that with this account.
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by tck2000(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2019|
|Re: My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. by jaephoenix(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2022|
Just read that thread now and I have to say this, Nigerians are the most ungrateful set of humans. And that post is made up of half-truths and outright lies
1. The lady was complaining that they're have 'unqualified doctors'. No ma/sir, those doctors are very qualified. If u don't like their consultations, simply take it up with the hospital and/or MDCN
2. Also complained about the structuring of the lab in a particular hospital, as if it was the doctor that planned and built it
3. You go to a public hospital where u have hundreds waiting impatiently, as a doc you have to manage your time, or else you won't go home that day. Part of the tine management involves time restrictions and each patient, unfortunately, is allocated fewer than less than 2 mins. Since the government has refused to employ more doctors, we can't kill ourselves. No doctor would sit down and listen to each and every patients' complain. We have average of 100 patients per day. U allocate 15 mins for each patient, that's 25 hours for that day. Remember you have only 24 hours in a day. . If u allocate 10 mins per patient, that is 16 hrs in a day. So unless r left 5 mins, which amounts to 8 hours, but then u can't spend 8 hours for outpatients when you know u have to to ward rounds for the in patients by 2pm. You're left with 2 mins per patient. Of course it isn't enough but its not our fault. WHO recommended doctor patient ratio is 1:1000. In those saner climes, its even less than 1: 200 or 500. In Nigeria, its more than 1:5000 . Can you tell me why someone should spend 10 mins to listen to you? I realize that I cant please Nigerians. I actually spent 15 mins consoling a woman who I diagnosed with breast cancer. The other patients outside didn't care. All they were doing was banging impatiently on the door. I was telling the woman "look at what your fellow patients are doing"
4. You said an ENT doc is suddenly handling obs cases. Yes he can handle them. He's a physician, remember. He has an MBBS somewhere and spent 6 to 7 years learning all other specialties before choosing to specialize. His knowledge about all others didn't suddenly get deleted. Yes he may make mistakes and he knows where to invite the specialists. But the problem is specialist care is costly. Consultation alone ranges from 30 to 50k. Excluding tests and drugs. Not many people can afford it so in the end, you as a doc have to fill in
5. In every profession, there are bad eggs. Also u have peeps with many mentalities. Arrogant. Rude etc. The medical profession isn't exempt but being in a delicate niche, its always picked up. I have met rude bank tellers, especially ladies. I just ignore them. Sometimes I feel empathy, cos they are simply tired from the many clients they meet and their irritation shows. Your doctor said you should concentrate on the cure and not cause. Hes wrong. I always encourage my patients to ask questions, even with my limited time, and explain to them their issues. Some even come with diagnoses they got from Google which is mostly wrong. They end up collecting my number or drop cash for me(which I reject. Na contract i want )
6. These docs y'all are busy castigating and heaping non-existent idiotic curses are gradually leaving the corntree. I myself would become chatting with you from a Gulf state soon, where our services are appreciated. Please nobody should tell us to stay back
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99