Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,411 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi (26862 Views)

Northern Muslims Blast Tinubu For Calling Allah 'Father' (Video) / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats / Reno Omokri: Heads Of Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Army Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
It shall never be well with whoever merged us together with this set of religion they are backward in everything

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by obayendo1010(m): 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
imagine what is coming out from mouth of the so called northern leader
why did you send your daughter to London for studied?
she should have been the perfect example for islamic scholar without western education.
na anoda man own nai good to spoil
well done sir.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Speedo17(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
If the book was written by a Nigerian (worse) Christian woman. Hell will be let loose.
Here you have a foreign lady telling us (In publication) about our misconstrued Almajiri system to the agreement of the Emir in Kano of all places.
Truly we are still under Colonisation!
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by jammal: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Yet you acquired western education, u sent your children to acquire same. Northerners be wise, these elites want to oppress the poor for life. The colonial masters are obviously the elites.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Anakin0109: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

Well said, they are the reason why Nigeria is what it is today.

Where here today because we were forced to become one entity called 'Nigeria', not because of the so call almajiri. Maybe if there are Hausa/Fulani state, Yoruba state, Igbo state, individual state would have developed or far better.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by tiwiex(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
The solution is simple. Declare arewa Republic where Arabic is the lingua franca and islam the state religion. But your parasitic as.s can't live without free oil money. So then you are illiterates no matter what you achieve with arabic education

The truth is there is a lot we can gain from restructuring but the northern elites don want to address the issue. Rather than double the efforts to allow them compete nationally, they lower the bar using a different score range etc.

On Sanusi suggestion on using some languages for learning. These are regional issues that make sense. Unfortunately, we practice the one size fits all strategy. Next thing we would hear is that it is compulsory for all students.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by davolax: 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
English is our official language and even if I can speak Chinese, German, French or Arabic but need assistance to read and understand government documents written in our official language, then the state has no other option but to term me as an illiterate.

It’s really for my own good so that I can get assistance when available and forgiveness when I make lapses because I can’t read.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by JacksonOyibo: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
Maybe they should just break away from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by masseratti: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
The solution is simple. Declare arewa Republic where Arabic is the lingua franca and islam the state religion. But your parasitic as.s can't live without free oil money. So then you are illiterates no matter what you achieve with arabic education
I tìrẹ ooo, if they can't declare Arẹwà Caliphate, the should practise resource control, true federalism, no one will bother what and which language they communicate with, Boko Haram Shekau is a product of Almajiri system.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Ferdinandu(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
uboma:
Sanusi Lamido, the Emir of Kano state is right on some areas.

The Almajiris are not illiterates even though they cannot read and write in English language.

The Islamic teachers have bastardised the system by sending these children to the streets to beg for alms.

We should adopt our indigenous languages in our schools or else face extinction of our rich cultural heritage.
adopt your local language. Which one are you going to adopt Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba. Or after studying Engineering in South East using Igbo Language, you won't be able to work seamlessly in one firm with another who studied the same Engineering in South West using Yoruba. China Japan and others are different because the country as whole is one tribe. Language isn't our problem at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Jaqenhghar: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
Also speaking, the founder of the Almajiri Foundation, Yusuf Hassan, appealed to the federal government to address the movement of almajiri from rural to urban areas by establishing almajiri model school in each political ward of the country.
Is this not what Goodluck tried to work on but they cursed him. In fact some of them beat chest about how they are proud of this exploitative system of studying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by ariesbull: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
The Emir ain't getting the bigger picture ....English and Mandarin (Chinese) are spoken by billion and it's language of trade and commerce....so they must learn English and not looking for short cut

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by ariesbull: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ferdinandu:
adopt your local language. Which one are you going to adopt Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba. Or after studying Engineering in South East using Igbo Language, you won't be able to work seamlessly in one firm with another who studied the same Engineering in South West using Yoruba. China Japan and others are different because the country as whole is one tribe. Language isn't our problem at all

Don't mind them ...always looking for short cut ! What is there in learning how to speak English with putter languages....it puts them at advanced and advantaged position

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Does this emir actually believe that crap he said, or he was just telling his people what he knows that they love to hear?

Hausa-Fulani liege-lords and oligarchs want a system where all benefits accrue to them while they make no sacrifices/input. If they create a parallel system then they might as well have their own country, but of course they are scared of that because they know that their economy in the north is subsidised up to 70% by southern productive activity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Walelavender(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2018
Gibberish by Sanusi. Almajiris are absolutely illiterates. Education is meant to inform you. These guys are deformed already. They are ready and willing tools for terrorism and vandalism. Learning Arabic isn't enough. They should get educated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Richiez(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Instead of Arabic, why not strengthen the use of our own local languages? even if it's just the 3 major languages: Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by magicminister: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
I’m neither a Muslim nor an Hausa person. I read this article objectively and I totally agree with him. We need an education system that is relevant to the people. Why would someone trying to study Arabic or Hausa language in nigeria need to pass an English based exam??

I feel that a better alternative would’ve been to suggest that English also be learnt by people focused on Islamic education. That way, they’re not alienated from their societies.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by CodeTemplar: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
ariesbull:
The Emir ain't getting the bigger picture ....English and Mandarin (Chinese) are spoken by billion and it's language of trade and commerce....so they must learn English and not looking for short cut
They fought a war to remain colonized and ready to fight another one. Hmmm
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Naajjii: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks you Your Royal highness for bringing to our consciousness once again this very important issue.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
Roger3D:
Those northerners you so despise have continued to show you how much more smarter they are than you. Why do you think the white man left power in their hands?
smarter? you own definition of smart is when you have the poorest people in the world

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by CodeTemplar: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
magicminister:
I’m neither a Muslim nor an Hausa person. I read this article objectively and I totally agree with him. We need an education system that is relevant to the people. Why would someone trying to study Arabic or Hausa language in nigeria need to pass an English based exam??

I feel that a better alternative would’ve been to suggest that English also be learnt by people focused on Islamic education. That way, they’re not alienated from their societies.

That is like saying we should construct a third lane on our roads for people who may not want to share roads with others.

English is the language you and I must learn to communicate at national level. They have Arabic and others have Hebrew and greek,. they have Hausa and others have Yoruba, Ibibio and Ijaw.

These people and their backwardness that has interwoven with a huge sense of entitlement.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Bullhari007(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
why this people like to drag the rest of Nigeria back to 60AD for nothing sake , why not give them Arab republic to practice what ever nonsense they wishes to practices

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Bullhari007(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
you want federal government to reintroduce almajiri system into our curriculum while your kids schools abroad in English speaking countries.... I curse this hypocrites in long garment like ijele masquerade

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Adefemiaderoju1: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
Anakin0109:

Where here today because we were forced to become one entity called 'Nigeria', not because of the so call almajiri. Maybe if there are Hausa/Fulani state, Yoruba state, Igbo state, individual state would have developed or far better.
We would definitely 100% develop way beyond our imagination.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
uboma:
Sanusi Lamido, the Emir of Kano state is right on some areas.

The Almajiris are not illiterates even though they cannot read and write in English language.

The Islamic teachers have bastardised the system by sending these children to the streets to beg for alms.

We should adopt our indigenous languages in our schools or else face extinction of our rich cultural heritage.
I thought your are learned,is Arabic their L1? Their L1 is "Hausa/Fulani and not Arabic (foreign language) so let them learn Hausa as a medium of instruction. But because of Islam,they opted for Arabic. Clearly,they are self-slaved. I pray in Yoruba and Igbo,not Hebrew or Greek.

Your replies and that of Sanusi is highly hypocritical living in comatoes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by rkennyking(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2018
germanized:
As much as I love Sanusi, he goofed big time on this one. Why is it so hard for muslims to obey laws instead of always trying to carve a niche for themselves?

Arabic is not an official language in Nigeria, it's a religious one. Maybe the next thing they'll demand is for schools in the north to start teaching all subjects with Arabic.

Maybe Christians too should start using Hebrew as a medium of instruction, then we'll know what's up. angry
tell me whose religion was introduced with English to Nigeria. It's not unclear that the British used the church to colonize Nigeria and just like Christianity is the religion of our colonial master English is the language of our colonial master too.
Tell me on what grounds was english chosen over Arabic that is the language of half of Nigeria populations.
There is this fact that we have to examine, the civilisation we chose to force on others so that we can call them illiterate is the problem here. If Arabic language was the official language taken the I am sure those of us speaking English here will have to survive like the anglophones of Cameroun
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by doncheadle: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
You can kindly fucxkk off and declare your own country. We don't want anything to do with parasitic leeches we have nothing in common with.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by eodavids(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/282076-northern-muslims-still-under-colonisation-emir-sanusi.html

If Nigeria is restructured, such that states or regional authorities can device how best to harness their products, potentials and endowments; this view by Emir Sanusi will make much sense.
But under current structure of Nigeria, it won't be possible for each religion and tribe to just introduce or return to what they use to do precolonial period.

Restructuring will answer that one.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Johnson5258: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
God bless you ooo, any small thing they would be advocating for the federal government support. Since the time of independence they've been the one pulling Nigeria backward, they are either the president or vice, they don't want to be left out at all, this statement was issued by a chronic Islam. I don't just understand what they take this nation for as if we all should be working and they should be spending, very soon now those ones with graduate to become another thing. Whether they like it or not Nigeria will stand and progress even when one cow multiplies itself to become one million. I think am going along with Biafra. Ptcheew! Nonsense!
germanized:
As much as I love Sanusi, he goofed big time on this one. Why is it so hard for muslims to obey laws instead of always trying to carve a niche for themselves?

Arabic is not an official language in Nigeria, it's a religious one. Maybe the next thing they'll demand is for schools in the north to start teaching all subjects with Arabic.

Maybe Christians too should start using Hebrew as a medium of instruction, then we'll know what's up. angry
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by limeta(f): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
Arabs depend on the west for every thing of their life
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Allwility: 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
I think the Emir got it wrong on this one. Most of the Islamic teachers aren't literate in Arabic. Dont get it twisted, yes they can recite the Quran and Hadith but give them a technical write up in Arabic and see them fumble.

The children are still worse off IMO. Indeed the rate of out-of-school children in the North is alarming. Learning to recite the Quran isnt a proper education. Before anyone argues, the key word in the previous sentence is RECITE.

The Northern elite has to brace up to the realities on ground. They are sitting on a time bomb

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Johnson5258: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ha! that's not as upsetting as when a foolish person is now trying to carry along the wise to become foolish as well and also to paint the wrong as right, as we stupid?
Adefemiaderoju1:
It shall never be well with whoever merged us together with this set of religion they are backward in everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#SupremeCourtJudgement: As It Was Last Night In Uyo (pictures ) / Picture Of Fashola Watching The Announcement Of INEC Results / Buhari Appoints Board Members For Privatised Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.