Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi (26882 Views)

Northern Muslims Blast Tinubu For Calling Allah 'Father' (Video) / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats / Reno Omokri: Heads Of Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Army Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Greenback: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
But suffersticated morons and coneheads still luv to lubricate their anuxs with passion nah
lzaa immhotep
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Johnson5258: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
Excuse me, if they should restructure it will be quiet bad, then they will have the chance of doing all they wanted and they will break into any state because they still have elements inside. When restructuring didn't work, they brought up cattle colony, all they want is to break in and take charge. What happened in Ilorin should give us a good insight of what there plans are. Please forget restructuring.
eodavids:

If Nigeria is restructured, such that states or regional authorities can device how best to harness their products, potentials and endowments; this view by Emir Sanusi will make much sense.
But under current structure of Nigeria, it won't be possible for each religion and tribe to just introduce or return to what they use to do precolonial period.

Restructuring will answer that one.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mklancee:
and it is a bad thing for Nigeria. imagine the brainless northern people deciding who will become president.the country will move toward when those brainless people up north are not allowed to vote or maybe each vote from the south should be multiply by 3.

I can bet my last quid that they are millions of northerner who are better than you and well educated socially, intellectually, economically and otherwise.
Yet you come on Nairaland to assume that your faceless account has given you the platform to spew your rubbish.
I have always said it is a misnomer to think English is the criterion to qualify anybody as literate or an illiterate.
It's only unexposed bigoted and socially and culturally blind minds that take to such stands.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
The solution is simple. Declare arewa Republic where Arabic is the lingua franca and islam the state religion. But your parasitic as.s can't live without free oil money. So then you are illiterates no matter what you achieve with arabic education

So those who only speak Chinese and write in Chinese are illiterate?
Those who speak and write in Urdu, bengal and other local languages in India despite being colonised by the British are illiterates?
While a language that have been used by a people for 6 centuries automatically makes them illiterates because one slowpoke who can't seem to locate the place of his mouth to his brain is having a say.
Sometimes I wonder the kind of education some of you received.
Aswear,there are more fools parading themselves on Nairaland.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by eodavids(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
magicminister:
I’m neither a Muslim nor an Hausa person. I read this article objectively and I totally agree with him. We need an education system that is relevant to the people. Why would someone trying to study Arabic or Hausa language in nigeria need to pass an English based exam??

I feel that a better alternative would’ve been to suggest that English also be learnt by people focused on Islamic education. That way, they’re not alienated from their societies.

Answer this questions objectively:

1). What is the essence of having an official language in a multi-tribal and multi-religious country like ours?

2). Is it possible to have more than one official language?

3). Where we have two or more official languages, which shall be the medium of communication in national gatherings?

4). Where the official languages are two or more, in which of the languages shall official documents be made?

5). In such instance where the official languages are more than one, do you resort to interpretation for those not hearing what has been said in a national gatherings (e.g. National Executive Council meetings)?

6). Or are you one of the proponents that Arabic should intact be adopted as the sole official language because of the claim that "more of Arabic was spoken in Africa before English"

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Chinny024(f): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Another lifelessness spotted..
Trumpet where are you...
Please come blow some one up...
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by eodavids(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I can bet my last quid that they are millions of northerner who are better than you and well educated socially, intellectually, economically and otherwise.
Yet you come on Nairaland to assume that your faceless account has given you the platform to spew your rubbish.
I have always said it is a misnomer to think English is the criterion to qualify anybody as literate or an illiterate.
It's only unexposed bigoted and socially and culturally blind minds that take to such stands.

Surely, ability to read and write is literacy
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
eodavids:

Answer this questions objectively:

1). What is the essence of having an official language in a multi-tribal and multi-religious country like ours?

2). Is it possible to have more than one official language?

3). Where we have two or more official languages, which shall be the medium of communication in national gatherings?

4). Where the official languages are two or more, in which of the languages shall official documents be made?

5). In such instance where the official languages are more than one, do you resort to interpretation for those not hearing what has been said in a national gatherings (e.g. National Executive Council meetings)?

6). Or are you one of the proponents that Arabic should intact be adopted as the sole official language because of the claim that "more of Arabic was spoken in Africa before English"

Bros, read the post objectively without being bigoted on your views.
Read it again.
The issue is about considering those who think reading and writing in any language other than English makes one an illiterate.
And sadly, even the supposedly educated ones are following this line of thought with facts to reason.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by eodavids(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Bros, read the post objectively without being bigoted on your views.
Read it again.
The issue is about considering those who think reading and writing in any language other than English makes one an illiterate.
And sadly, even the supposedly educated ones are following this line of thought with facts to reason.

You need not over work your self. This post you quoted was not a response to the Emirs post, but to a moniker who made a vague comment or are you really supporting that guy who said because a person studied Arabic, he mustn't be made to study or pass English.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by madridsta007(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
The solution is simple. Declare arewa Republic where Arabic is the lingua franca and islam the state religion. But your parasitic as.s can't live without free oil money. So then you are illiterates no matter what you achieve with arabic education

My brother, it’s this simple.

I don’t know why SLS and other apologists make this thing seem difficult. Declare Arewa republic through the UN recognised channel of a referendum. Enthrone an Islamic way of governance and make the Almajiri system the mandatory training service for all Arewaians.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
eodavids:

Surely, ability to read and write is literacy
Surely, but not ONLY English.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

you can't rant all day but it won't change the fact. English is our official language here in Nigeria and not knowing how to speak it makes you a very big illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Johnson5258: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
That's just the bitter truth.
JudasNaCarrot:
Stupid people.Why didn't you limit yourself to Islamic education without the western education?

This is how the Northern elites keep using religion to subjugate the idiotic fools who refused to liberate themselves from their grip.
They send their own children to Howard,Cambridge and top western schools but want children of the poor to be subjected to Islamic education chatting rubbish and constituting nuisance here in the North.

There is a wide gap between Christianity and Islam which is the freedom enjoyed in Christianity....the right to make your bed and how to sleep on it.....no body subject you to things against your wish in the name of religion.

The North will never recover from this stupidity of religious enforcement against its people and the region will continue to be backward till the end of days.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by begwong: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Shebi GEJ been build over 120 ALMAJIRI school for north that they are now using as goat houses?
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by eodavids(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Surely, but not ONLY English.

Ability to read and write in Arabic is leteracy just like English.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Timfreds(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
Guy you nailed it. Period.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Blue3k2: 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
Anyway he's right on literacy point but the almajari education system is garbage. The students need to learn more than just Arabic language and koranic studies. Almajari are half part student and other half orphan beggars. Thats why they're subjected to all sorts of danger and the system should be regulated.

The education should comprise of learning basics like reading, writing and arithmetic like at basic level, learn other subject like any western style education or madrasa, then lastly prepare child for adult life by learn trade or prepping for college.

The northern states can solve this issue but most of them dont care. You dont need to be recognized by federal government they have control over their curriculum in domain. They should be thinking of how to better these poor boys before they stay permanent economical liability .
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by LZAA: 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
Greenback:
But suffersticated morons and coneheads still luv to lubricate their anuxs with passion nah
lzaa immhotep
grin
grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mklancee:

you can't rant all day but it won't change the fact. English is our official language here in Nigeria and not knowing how to speak it makes you a very big illiterate.

By whose standard?
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

"" your parasitic as.s can't live without free oil money. ""

U don't understand what's doing on bro. The Hausa n Yoruba cannot let igbos go even if they find 150 billion barrels of crude oil in their region, They will still hold on to the igbos.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by omoelerin1: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
germanized:
As much as I love Sanusi, he goofed big time on this one. Why is it so hard for muslims to obey laws instead of always trying to carve a niche for themselves?

Arabic is not an official language in Nigeria, it's a religious one. Maybe the next thing they'll demand is for schools in the north to start teaching all subjects with Arabic.

Maybe Christians too should start using Hebrew as a medium of instruction, then we'll know what's up. angry
Don't mind that clown.
And he sent his daughter to a top university in UK to read law

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

By whose standard?
not knowing how to speak English as a Nigerian is equivalent to not knowing how to speak at all.
English is the only language in Nigeria and no one can change it as long as there is a Nigeria.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by marvinsync(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/282076-northern-muslims-still-under-colonisation-emir-sanusi.html

I've read nonsense b4 but not like this

now he may be right about the whole learning to read in Arabic mean ur a literate

but not about the amajiri system thing

it's nonsense !
why do they have to leave their homes in search of knowledge?! this is the fvcking 21st century , they can learn Arabic at schools , public or private just like how people learn stuff normally

they don't have to 'leave' their homes and families , sorry I mean get KICKED out of their homes to "search" for " knowledge" , I put knowledge in quote cause no offense but leaning Arabic is basically useless in Nigeria!

end amajiri !

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by Printerscanner: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

This hatred and bitterness that your forefathers have planted in you is the same reason while you will wail and cry forever because Hausa/Fulani and the Northern Oligarchy will rule you forever. Even when the President is a Southerner, the Northern Oligarchy still dictates what the Southern President does.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by uboma(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
monerozi5590:

Do you reside in Northern Nigeria?.. The Almajiri School should be scraped or re-structured. You will see them with plates in their hands begging for food. picking food from the dustin. Their masters using them as slaves. They don't take their baths. Almajiri is meant for the poor Muslim Children. Those kids can be easily used to commit atrocities.

Sanusi should send his children to almajiri school if he is serious.

The place i am residing, no enlighten and rich muslim person send their kids to almajiri school.

They are several Islamic schools that you can send your kids to.

Sanusi should start preaching birth control. You will a Man having 30 children that he cannot cater for. Lack of birth control is one of the major problems of core northern Nigeria.

Did you really read what the Emir of Kano state reported about how the Almajiri system originated and how it is being bastardised by the Islamic teachers of today?

If you had read the report and comprehended it, you won't have made the above comment.

Try to read and understand the gist under discussion before posting your comment.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by uboma(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ferdinandu:
adopt your local language. Which one are you going to adopt Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba. Or after studying Engineering in South East using Igbo Language, you won't be able to work seamlessly in one firm with another who studied the same Engineering in South West using Yoruba. China Japan and others are different because the country as whole is one tribe. Language isn't our problem at all

Your IQ Level is indeed very low.

No wonder you cannot understand the importance of learning in your own dialect....
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by uboma(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lilisticlili:
I thought your are learned,is Arabic their L1? Their L1 is "Hausa/Fulani and not Arabic (foreign language) so let them learn Hausa as a medium of instruction. But because of Islam,they opted for Arabic. Clearly,they are self-slaved. I pray in Yoruba and Igbo,not Hebrew or Greek.

Your replies and that of Sanusi is highly hypocritical living in comatoes

Did you really understand the report by Sanusi Lamido? The Quran was written in Arabic. Someone who can read and write in Arabic language is not an illiterate.

Again, Sanusi advocated that our indigenous languages be adopted by schools in handing down knowledge.

How easy should this be for you to comprehend?

Common sense is not common afterall.

SMH

SMH
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by IbnAbdullah1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
uboma:

Your IQ Level is indeed very low.

No wonder you cannot understand the importance of learning in your own dialect....

Some of these blokes need to be taught serious lessons in comprehension and common sense.
Otherwise, you will have intellectual imbeciles masquerading as intelligent people on this platform .
I thought facebook had the highest numbers of intellectual dwarfs not knowing that they are galaxies of slowpokes here are putting them to shame.
I am having this urge to apologise to facebookers for insulting their intelligence.
Re: Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi by coolscott(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
I am coming to reply to this.
They forget that for Nigeria to be created, the North agreed that there would be no sharia, and that is why the middle belt agreed to be with them and ultimately with Nigeria.

I should make a new thread with as much details as I can get about this.

These northerners are proving to be as fraudulent as the Igbos.

~South-south nairalander

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kukah: Stop Intimidating Nigerians, Ortom Tells Presidency / Sheriff Unveils Ademola Adeleke As PDP Osun Senatorial Candidate In Abuja / APC Wins Tinubu's Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.