Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' (1008 Views)

PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze / Fake News Alert!! The EU Observation Mission Never Issued The Viral Statement / Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by Ritzy10(f): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
From Zenithnaija.com

The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has explained a statement he made earlier saying he could remain in the Senate forever if he so desires.

We had reported that while speaking on Thursday at an event organised by the #NotTooYoungToRun movement, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, boasted that he could remain in the senate for the rest of his life if he so wishes.

In a reaction as the report went viral online, Ekweremadu in a statement he released on his official Facebook page, @iamekweremadu, said his advice was taken out of context.
He said he was only mentoring the youth that they needed to be rooted at the grassroots and relate closely with their immediate constituencies to achieve their political dreams, ”using himself as an example”.

“My advice was taken out of context. I have always seized opportunities of meeting the youth and other aspiring politicians, who consult me on their political ambitions against the erroneous notion that they must have a godfather in Abuja or the party to succeed in politics.

“Much as I played a key role in ensuring that the Not-Too-Young-To-Run Bill succeeded and even wanted 18 years as age qualification to run for office, I have always advised my mentees that it is erroneous to hope to win elections relying only on the fact that they are young.

“I always advise them to start from somewhere, preferably the grassroots and remain with people even when elected. In my case, I served as Chairman of my age grade association at ten and served so many years as the President of my community’s town union before serving as the pioneer Chairman of my Local Government Area (LGA), etc.,” he said.

He further explained that he used his success story to stress that the secret of his political staying power lies in relating closely with constituents, ”making oneself accessible to them, and ensuring justice and equity in the distribution of opportunities and development projects”.

“I said that so long as I continued on this path, my people would always want me to run, ready to re-elect me as many times as I am willing to present myself. This is a verifiable fact.

“This is despite the fact that my town, Mpu, is the smallest in my LGA, and my LGA is the least in Enugu West Senatorial. And that is the more reason I remain humble about it and most grateful to my people, who are my primary employers and above all to God to whom all power belongs, and whose grace has no doubt brought me this far,” he added.
Ekweremadu has been Nigeria’s deputy senate president for over a decade.

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/ike-ekweremadu-react-to-a-viral-statement-about-being-in-senate-forever-if-he-wants/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by vanbonattel: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ike the iron man.
Akpati nsiegbe
Okpokuru ozopia
oke nkita ji isi anya oku
Anikirija
Anu ana achu ama okwa
odogwu aburo guy name grin

This guy is the best senator in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by Uteghe(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
cheesy cheesy The divisive criminal and wh.ore house entrepreneur is trying to do damage control. Ekpo inno mkpo.
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by vanbonattel: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
Saraki for president
Ekweremadu for VP
Kwankwaso for Senate president
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by JudasNaCarrot: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
Uteghe:
cheesy cheesy The divisive criminal and wh.ore house entrepreneur is trying to do damage control. Ekpo inno mkpo.
Try and read,comprehend before you begin to spew trash...."unam ikot"

@ topic, lazy bloggers and gutter journalists are always twisting stories to sell.
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by ENEONWO(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ekweremmadu's denial is worse than the original statement. How on earth could he imagine that he can remain in Senate FOREVER, IF HE WISHES, no matter how good he thinks he is at the job? couldn't he had passed across his message better? That smacks of high dose of arrogance and the explanation leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by PFRB: 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
The media like sensationalism.
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by xangerar: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
vanbonattel:
Ike the iron man.
Akpati nsiegbe
Okpokuru ozopia
oke nkita ji isi anya oku
Anikirija
Anu ana achu ama okwa
odogwu aburo guy name grin

This guy is the best senator in Africa.

Hahaha@ Akpati nsiegbe.

Agu nwayoo kwa!!

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by Uteghe(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Try and read,comprehend before you begin to spew trash...."unam ikot"

@ topic, lazy bloggers and gutter journalists are always twisting stories to sell.

Judas..you will hang like your forbear.
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by JudasNaCarrot: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
Uteghe:

Judas..you will hang like your forbear.
Ekpo Uteghe......Ebot!

I agree,but before I hang I will sell your entire generation to be used for sacrifice at Ikot ituen in Oron.
grin
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by behosgroups2019: 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Most defectors go poo for their nikker come 2019.
Shiti Shiti people them.
Them go dey smell poo poo everywhere they go.
Everybody go dey avoid them.

We all know they are working tirelessly to attempt to remove PMB.
Truth is that the heavyweights in opposition know clearly that removing PMB looks almost impossible but their e-rats and brain-slow hateful supporters keep making noise like it's a done deal.
Let them keep making noise
Let APC keep winning
Good as Fayose don hibernate
Good as Saraki dey fear to reconvene
Good as Tambuwal and Dogara don confuse
Good as Kwankwaso surname don turn to Sai Buhari
Good as Obj their navigator and Atiku no go fit work
Good as Markafi dry complain say strangers wan take over their family (Them been no get father ni?) haha
Good as they are returning to their poo (Jonathan) one after the other.
Good as their supporters are blind to see all this
Good as looting has been frustrated

PMB is a movement

Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by Uteghe(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Ekpo Uteghe......Ebot!

I agree,but before I hang I will sell your entire generation to be used for sacrifice at Ikot ituen in Oron.r
grin
There is no Ikot Ituen in Oron
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by Okoroawusa: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
So na now Ekweremadu know say the media can quote one out of context?

When dem do am for Buhari wetin you talk?
Re: Ekweremadu Speaks On Viral Statement About 'being In Senate Forever If He Wants' by JudasNaCarrot: 6:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Uteghe:

There is no Ikot Ituen in Oron
Who told you.....when was the last time you visited village

Born and brought up in Ajegunle. Make you no go village go know where your papa compound dey. Stay for Lagos dey sell groundnut and gala. grin

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries / Elrufa’i Tampering With Evidence, Digs Another Mass Grave At Mando Site / Construction Of $134m Ibadan Dry Port Set To Commence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.