Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Is Love A Part Of Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Love A Part Of Christianity? (1440 Views)

The Traitors Of Christianity / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
Love is not a part of Christianity, Love is Christianity and Christianity is Love. Note, you must be born again to have this kind of Love.

Galatians 5 :22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5 :22 New Living Translation
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Have you noticed that in the scripture above, it says, the fruit and not fruits, that means singular. The fruit of the Spirit is Love (while joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, are properties or characteristics of Love), if Love lacks it's properties, then it's not Love.

Which means Holiness is the Holy Spirit living in us producing it's fruit which is Love.

Holiness is Love. Love is not just a part of Holiness, Love is Holiness itself. Christianity is Holiness, Christianity is Love.

Holiness is not the kind of hair you plait, it's not the the makeup you wear or not wear, Holiness is Love and Love does not harm, Love does not dress in a way that will cause others to sin. Love forgives, Love is Holiness, Love is Christianity, Love is God and God is Love

Since Love is the greatest and God is Love, let us Love one another, because that's holiness.

Galatians 5 :14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 4 :7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4 :12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and He in us, because He hath given us of his Spirit.

1 John 4 :16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
His "banner" over us is love in it purest form. Thank you Lord Jesus our God, Brother, Friend and Beloved!

2 Likes

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2018
cc : lalasticlala
OAM4J
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Bluezy13(m): 11:15am On Sep 02, 2018
From Christianity point of view; Love is not a part of Christianity. Love is Christianity and Christianity is love.

1 Like

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Oracle16(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nice one. God is love. May God continue to direct us.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2018
cc: lalasticlala
OAM4J

Happy Sunday
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 10:46am On Sep 16, 2018
Happy Sunday. Please, post this..
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2018
Happy sunday
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
Happy weekend
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Love is not a part of Christianity, Love is Christianity and Christianity is Love. Note, you must be born again to have this kind of Love.

Galatians 5 :22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5 :22 New Living Translation
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Have you noticed that in the scripture above, it says, the fruit and not fruits, that means singular. The fruit of the Spirit is Love (while joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, are properties or characteristics of Love), if Love lacks it's properties, then it's not Love.

Which means Holiness is the Holy Spirit living in us producing it's fruit which is Love.

Holiness is Love. Love is not just a part of Holiness, Love is Holiness itself. Christianity is Holiness, Christianity is Love.

Holiness is not the kind of hair you plait, it's not the the makeup you wear or not wear, Holiness is Love and Love does not harm, Love does not dress in a way that will cause others to sin. Love forgives, Love is Holiness, Love is Christianity, Love is God and God is Love

Since Love is the greatest and God is Love, let us Love one another, because that's holiness.

Galatians 5 :14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 4 :7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4 :12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and He in us, because He hath given us of his Spirit.

1 John 4 :16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Hallelujah! the evidence that one is saved is 'Love' pure and undefiled.
The very fabric of the new creation is Love.

1 Like

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
cc: lalasticlala OAM4J
Happy Sunday
Pls what is Love?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
solite3:
Hallelujah! the evidence that one is saved is 'Love' pure and undefiled.
The very fabric of the new creation is Love.
What is Love? and, is there evil Love?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
Anas09:

What is Love? and, is there evil Love?
The true definition of love is very hard, when I mean love I mean God's type of love.
God himself is the definition of love, to experience God is to experience love. There is no evil in love as evil itself is the opposite of what love is.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Anas09:

Pls what is Love?

God is love. Love thinketh no evil! Love is not boastful! Love is kind! Love is gentle! Love is humble! Love does not gossip! Love does not look down on his neighbour. Love is life.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

God is love. Love thinketh no evil! Love is not boastful! Love is kind! Love is gentle! Love is humble! Love does not gossip! Love does not look down on his neighbour. Love is life.
Sir. These are the Characteristics or attributes or the manifestations of Love. What is Love in essence?

When you say God is Love, what do you mean?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2018
solite3:
The true definition of love is very hard, when I mean love I mean God's type of love.
God himself is the definition of love, to experience God is to experience love. There is no evil in love as evil itself is the opposite of what love is.
Yes sir. Indeed the definition of Love is very hard. And again, there's a negative or evil love. People who take delight in evil thins love and enjoy those things, that is love too.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
Anas09:

Yes sir. Indeed the definition of Love is very hard. And again, there's a negative or evil love. People who take delight in evil thins love and enjoy those things, that is love too.
yea, true but that is not the true love. the carnal mind does not love God truly or anything that has to do with God.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2018
Anas09:

Sir. These are the Characteristics or attributes or the manifestations of Love. What is Love in essence?

When you say God is Love, what do you mean?

A tree is known by its fruits. So also things are known by their manifestation, attributes or characteristics.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

A tree is known by its fruits. So also things are known by their manifestation, attributes or characteristics.

Sir, just say you don't know what Love is.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
solite3:
yea, true but that is not the true love. the carnal mind does not love God truly or anything that has to do with God.
I guess you are referring to God's Love. God's love is a type of Love you know?

What i meant is Universal Love. Love in Essence.

before we start talking about God's Love, What is Love in itself is my question.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2018
Anas09:

Sir, just say you don't know what Love is.

Love is a Being, God. Hence has no specific definition. The eternal God who is love cannot be defined but can be known through his attribute and manifestation.

But if you have the true definition of love, I will be glad to hear it.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Love is a Being, God. Hence has no specific definition. The eternal God who is love cannot be defined but can be known through his attribute and manifestation.

But if you have the true definition of love, I will be glad to hear it.
Solite3 rightly said that Love is hard to define. But my understanding of Love is that, Love is the underlying reality of everyone. What i mean by that, Love is resident in all of us. Its there without us knowing about it, silently waiting to manifest itself through us.

You are your Love. Your Love is you, just like your soul is you. You Exude your Love. You are who you are or what you are based on your Love.

Love is a force, like a hidden current in us. It drives and propels us to do certain things, good or bad, depending on what we yield ourselves to. Our Loves is what we Will to do.

Love is like an engine inside of each an everyone of us, It steers and dominates us. What you Love occupies your thoughts. It becomes your Purpose, your dream or aspiration. You think about it, you talk about it always even when you don't mean to. It shapes you.

Whatever you do delightfully without hesitation or compulsion is your Love. That is why Love is manifested in action. But it emanates from a hidden engine room inside of us.

Love is your heat. The powerful force that moves you to take certain actions good or evil.

If what informs your Love is godly, then it'll steer you to manifest the characteristics the Bible takes about, but if its ungodly? It turns you to a monster. They are certain people who derives joy when others suffer. They shed blood delightfully. They love it. Some cannot enjoy sex except it is forced and in pain, it's love. Love is not necessarily godly.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains—but if I have no love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I have, and even give up my body to be burned—but if I have no love, this does me no good.

1 Corinthians:13:1-3

Apst Paul says whoever we are and whatever we do, useless it is coming from a place inside of us propelled by that Force, Love, it is useless before God. He went on to mention the ways that Heat or force is manifest in us.

Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Check the attributes above, they are all expressed towards God and people around us. If your Heat is positive, you'd be patient, kind, you won't be proud, arrogant, haughty, over bearing, hard to get along with, controlling, you won't be jealous and envious of others, you wont pile up offences, but will forgive. If your love is godly, you won't hate others. you won't approve of evil. You won't celebrate the down fall of another person. When someone is hungry, you'll give him something to eat without thinking of how you'll benefit from doing so (getting praises).

The same thing the Force in godly people drives them to do, is the same force in ungodly people too, but now negatively.

Ungodly Love is Love for Self.
When you love yourself you'd be concerned with everything that relates to you and will benefit you directly or indirectly.

The Love of Money for example. If you love money, you'd do anything to make it. Your heart will be in money 24/7. You'd think, talk it, sleep it, strategize it. You'd redirect other people's wealth to yourself. You'd come up with skills to do it. Your passion will be money making, you pursue it by all means.
You'd lie, cheat, kill, maim, control and manipulate others all because you must make money.

Why? So that you'd rule others, oppress and control them. Jesus says Love not the World or the things of the world... What this means is, do not allow your Heat/Passion, driving force, to be negative.

What ever Drives You is your Love.

You can love Sex, Food, fashion, alcohol, music, Art, Nature or people or their opposites. But, it all emanates from some place within you.

You get my point?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
Anas09:

I guess you are referring to God's Love. God's love is a type of Love you know?

What i meant is Universal Love. Love in Essence.

before we start talking about God's Love, What is Love in itself is my question.
yes o I only know of God's pure undying love.

any love that does not have its origin from God is nothing but a facade and a deep deceit.

Like I said the definition of love is difficult because love itself has its origin from God, it is an attribute of God.
let me give you the characters of love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

charity here means love.

love itself has its origin in God

1 John 3:16
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
solite3:
yes o I only know of God's pure undying love.

any love that does not have its origin from God is nothing but a facade and a deep deceit.

Like I said the definition of love is difficult because love itself has its origin from God, it is an attribute of God.
let me give you the characters of love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

charity here means love.

love itself has its origin in God

1 John 3:16
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

True. But, Love is what Wills you to do whatever you do, good or evil. Love is like our Souls. It's in us, where? which part does it reside? No one knows, but it's there. We only know about it when it manifests.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
Anas09, the summary of all you have said is this, "love is an unseen force within that drives us."

Am I right?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Anas09, the summary of all you have said is this, "love is an unseen force within that drives us."

Am I right?
Yes sir.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2018
Anas09:

True. But, Love is what Wills you to do whatever you do, good or evil. Love is like our Souls. It's in us, where? which part does it reside? No one knows, but it's there. We only know about it when it manifests.
Love drives us to do anything both good or evil? I don't think so. one of the character of love is that it doesn't rejoice in evil. A human who is only born naturally does not know what true love is. humans may exhibit a spark of love only because they were initially created in God's image but corrupted by sin. it is not love that drives people to do evil but sin.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2018
solite3:
Love drives us to do anything both good or evil? I don't think so. one of the character of love is that it doesn't rejoice in evil. A human who is only born naturally does not know what true love is. humans may exhibit a spark of love only because they were initially created in God's image but corrupted by sin. it is not love that drives people to do evil but sin.
You are yet to know what love is then. Everything is not just black and white sir. There's not just one kind of love.

Yes, God created Man all good, and the expectant result should have been positive and godly actions all through, but the truth is, Man is now corrupt and an evil seed is now planted inside of him which is moving him to do evil. That evil energy is what his love has become.

Whatever propels you to do a thing is your love. If you are on the side of Truth, your love will produce good actions, but if you are on the side of Falsity, your love will produce evil actions.

The Sun was created to give Life to the inhabited earth, not destroy it, but people still die of Sunstruck. If you expose yourself to the Heat of the Sun unwisely, what happens?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by orunto27: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
Love is a Spirit of God given to BornAgains in Christ Jesus.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

You are yet to know what love is then. Everything is not just black and white sir. There's not just one kind of love.
so someone who has experienced God's love does not know what love is? you seem to suggest love can exist outside God. are my right?

Yes, God created Man all good, and the expectant result should have been positive and godly actions all through, but the truth is, Man is now corrupt and an evil seed is now planted inside of him which is moving him to do evil. That evil energy is what his love has become.
you are simply repeating what I said. Love itself has its origin from God, do you agree?

Whatever propels you to do a thing is your love. If you are on the side of Truth, your love will produce good actions, but if you are on the side of Falsity, your love will produce evil actions.
that is why I told you God's love is the only true love. love cannot produce evil actions. Are you saying love is what instigate people to kill others? passion is not love. you seem to suggest that even lust is love.
hatred can also be driving force. so you are wrong whatever drives a man to do something is not love.

Sun was created to give Life to the inhabited earth, not destroy it, but people still die of Sunstruck. If you expose yourself to the Heat of the Sun unwisely, what happens?
if this is what you think love is then you don't know what it is.
the sun does not care about its objects but love cares about its object
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
solite3:
so someone who has experienced God's love does not know what love is? you seem to suggest love can exist outside God. are my right?

you are simply repeating what I said. Love itself has its origin from God, do you agree?

that is why I told you God's love is the only true love. love cannot produce evil actions. Are you saying love is what instigate people to kill others? passion is not love. you seem to suggest that even lust is love.
hatred can also be driving force. so you are wrong whatever drives a man to do something is not love.

if this is what you think love is then you don't know what it is.
the sun does not care about its objects but love cares about its object
but can you at least agree that there's such thing as 'Love for the world and the things of the World, like Money?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Resurrected By Pastor Lukau Speaks Out For The First Time About His Death / Simsons Predicted Kamala Harris' Inauguration Outfit Accurately! / Comparison Of Psalm 22 And Matthew 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.