Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,334 members, 7,822,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Is Love A Part Of Christianity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Love A Part Of Christianity? (1448 Views)

The Traitors Of Christianity / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

but can you at least agree that there's such thing as 'Love for the world and the things of the World, like Money?
yes there is but that is not the love of God. I said God's love from the beginning.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:
yes there is but that is not the love of God. I said God's love from the beginning.
Okay. You are talking about one kind of Love but refuse to see the other.

Sir, what i'm trying to say is, the same source from where God's love emanates from in godly people, is the same for evil people.

Whatever controls you, steers you to Will what you do delightfully, is your Love. Love for Junkies is getting high.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:

Sir, what i'm trying to say is, the same source from where God's love emanates from in godly people, is the same for evil people.

Whatever controls you, steers you to Will what you do delightfully, is your Love. Love for Junkies is getting high.
bolded, you are wrong The
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:

@bold you are wrong, the origin of Godly love is from God himself.
what made people evil? is it the love of God? the love of sin is not from God.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

you should understand that nothing imperfect or sinful can emanate from God.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

so the love that emanates from God has no dark side or evil. Have a nice day
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:

Sir, you don't know the definition of the word LOVE period.

Your mind cannot grasp the fact that in the kingdom of darkness, they have their own version or kind of Love.

I'm done.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:

Where did Satan the author of sin emanate from?

Sir, we could have had a great discourse here, but unfortunately, you can't get pass the concept of Love.

Anyways, bye.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:
I see. This is where we missed it. My very first post in this thread was a question. What is Love in Essence? The definition of the Word Love. I didn't ask what godly Love was.

What is LOVE generally?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:

Sir, you don't know the definition of the word LOVE period.

Your mind cannot grasp the fact that in the kingdom of darkness, they have their own version or kind of Love.

I'm done.
I get what you wrote
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:

Where did Satan the author of sin emanate from?

Sir, we could have had a great discourse here, but unfortunately, you can't get pass the concept of Love.

Anyways, bye.
Satan didn't come from God.
here is a Google definition of love

love noun
1. a strong feeling of affection.
2. a great interest and pleasure in something.
3. a person or thing that one loves.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:

I see. This is where we missed it. My very first post in this thread was a question. What is Love in Essence? The definition of the Word Love. I didn't ask what godly Love was.

What is LOVE generally?

ok
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
generally, love is the inclination towards something that is motivated by pleasure.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
solite3:
Satan didn't come from God.
here is a Google definition of love

love noun
1. a strong feeling of affection.
2. a great interest and pleasure in something.
3. a person or thing that one loves.
All google said does not say the source of this strong feel of affection.

What is informing this interest or pleasure? Everything has a source, or cause. What caused this interest, pleasure or affection?
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Anas09:

All google said does not say the source of this strong feel of affection.

What is informing this interest or pleasure? Everything has a source, or cause. What caused this interest, pleasure or affection?
depends of the type of feeling or attraction the source can either be from sin or from God.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Anas09: 9:57am On Nov 15, 2018
solite3:
depends of the type of feeling or attraction the source can either be from sin or from God.
This is what i have been saying all along.

There's divine Love and earthly love which is evil. Just like, there's divine Wisdom and satanic wisdom. For the fact that we as Christians believe that Love and wisdom are divine does not remove the fact that there's evil love and wisdom

My question has been 'What are they?' All we Christians know are their Fruits, not their stems.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by JesusSonOfGod: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2021
Jesus is Lord.
Re: Is Love A Part Of Christianity? by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
JesusSonOfGod:
Love is not a part of Christianity, Love is Christianity and Christianity is Love. Note, you must be born again to have this kind of Love.

Galatians 5 :22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5 :22 New Living Translation
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Have you noticed that in the scripture above, it says, the fruit and not fruits, that means singular. The fruit of the Spirit is Love (while joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, are properties or characteristics of Love), if Love lacks it's properties, then it's not Love.

Which means Holiness is the Holy Spirit living in us producing it's fruit which is Love.

Holiness is Love. Love is not just a part of Holiness, Love is Holiness itself. Christianity is Holiness, Christianity is Love.

Holiness is not the kind of hair you plait, it's not the the makeup you wear or not wear, Holiness is Love and Love does not harm, Love does not dress in a way that will cause others to sin. Love forgives, Love is Holiness, Love is Christianity, Love is God and God is Love

Since Love is the greatest and God is Love, let us Love one another, because that's holiness.

Galatians 5 :14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 John 4 :7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4 :12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and He in us, because He hath given us of his Spirit.

1 John 4 :16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love, and He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Holiness is not Love....stop making these things up as you go! undecided

Christianity is love? What brand of hogwash are you smoking? undecided

God and God alone is Love.....God is not holiness...He is Holy but He is not Holiness. undecided

Stop conjuring up crap in the name of God just for attention sake!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Releases Prophecy On Shower Of Rain / Killing Only Son For Our Sin Instead Of Satan / Why Atheists Attack Only Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.