Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice (26849 Views)

At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday / Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / Current Vacant Positions At Dangote Cement Plc September 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by NaijaNaWaa: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
Originally posted by Dis Guy
So because some people were sacked we should now start blaming the individual?
You are acting as if Dangote is the only business man in nigeria that benefited from govt policies
when the going was good all these years nobody bat an eyelid when teh economy turns people take it personal
people lost their job during the consolidation period, people lost their jobs when nigerian airways went bust
and so on its the way it is stop making it personal

No. It has nothing to do with NOW. Everybody who should know, knows that Dangote has ALWAYS been a rent seeker from the beginning and I'm sure you know that too. You're wrong to say that nobody bat an eye when people lost their jobs to consolidation. There was massive outcry and blame trading. But the peculiar thing about this Dangote thing is that the guy and his biz are not really into any serious biz. If u doubt me, then watch and see what happens to him in South Africa where he is likely to play by the rules. I've nothing personal against him but I must express my self.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by dedeji4luv: 3:11am On Jul 02, 2010
A good businessman will not behave like Dangote. Anyway, he is not one. He takes business as a political affairs and creating artificial shares in stock market. In my own opinion, i will suggest all company using packaging should visit Dangote rival company for a better treatment, because a that can not manage his home will lack skills to manage external affairs. Be warned!!!
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by whiteroses(f): 3:25am On Jul 02, 2010
well its reccession the solution to save money is profit improvement with less cost, less cost being staff salary so they gots to go.(hrm class) grin but seriously naija is reknowned for over employment, i went to see my mums chemist & supermarket to see crowds of sales assistant gisting shiior
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by jidobaba(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2010
whiteroses:

well its reccession the solution to save money is profit improvement with less cost, less cost being staff salary so they gots to go.(hrm class) grin but seriously naija is reknowned for over employment, i went to see my mums chemist & supermarket to see crowds of sales assistant gisting shiior
pls dont be so condescending. do you not think that the sales assistants wish they had more constructive/rewarding employ. the shopowner probably pays them less than N5,000/month each, if he didnt like it that way he wouldnt. whats your own sef, or because you got lucky to be dashed a job in a bank through connection? its people like you who talk anyhow.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by philip0906(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2010
Banks dat used 2 be our hope r sacking,telecommunications have followed suit,now Dangote d fed.govt's "anointed" bizman don join.where we go come c work?maybe its a ploy 2 make us start working in obasanjo farms as "slaves" undecided undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Seggii: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2010
@Bolataiwo, I think you are right.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by silami(m): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2010
Hey guys don't blame Dangote for this he is just like any other serious businessman that can only retain productive and profitable staff.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
NaijaNaWaa:

Originally posted by Dis Guy
No. It has nothing to do with NOW. Everybody who should know, knows that Dangote has ALWAYS been a rent seeker from the beginning and I'm sure you know that too. You're wrong to say that nobody bat an eye when people lost their jobs to consolidation. There was massive outcry and blame trading. But the peculiar thing about this Dangote thing is that the guy and his biz are not really into any serious biz. If u doubt me, then watch and see what happens to him in South Africa where he is likely to play by the rules. I've nothing personal against him but I must express my self.

He is not into 'serious business' but he built from scratch a 4.4 million tonne cement manufacturing facility at a cost of over $1 billion?

When will people stop talking simply for the sake of saying something?

The sack situation is sad, but there is a lack of information here - depends on what their employment contracts said and what agreements they signed with the firm before starting work. If there were breaches of employment laws, the aggrieved people should take their case to court.

Dangote is no angel - he is in business to make profits, just like anyone else.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by NaijaNaWaa: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
He is not into 'serious business' but he built from scratch a 4.4 million tonne cement manufacturing facility at a cost of over $1 billion?

When will people stop talking simply for the sake of saying something?

The sack situation is sad, but there is a lack of information here - depends on what their employment contracts said and what agreements they signed with the firm before starting work. If there were breaches of employment laws, the aggrieved people should take their case to court.

Dangote is no angel - he is in business to make profits, just like anyone else

You did not read my first post where I discussed Dangote's type of "serious business"
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by dedeji4luv: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
Dangote is not a business man but a business politician.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Wallie(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2010
I really don’t know Dangote but people like him that are highly successful are usually d.i.c.k.s. It is nothing personal but business and all they care about is ROI. Read about the beloved Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Carly Fiorina, Meg Witman etc.

For you to be an effective leader you need to have a cold heart to make tough decisions.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by graphical2: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Bola Taiwo

The profit of any organisation that is in the manufacturing and sales sector must be geared towards an effective marketing department, with the full support of the management. But this was and is still lacking in Dangote Agrosacks. Like you, I don't want to mention names but can we justify the following:

Sales cannot be made to some selected customers because they are in the same business with friends to a top-shot in Agrosacks, no, not Aliko Dangote

sales executive cannot visit two customers in a day except they are opportuned to go with the company's car, if available. If the car is not available and they visit 2 customers, they will only be paid transport for visit to one customer.

How come it's the marketing staff that got the CUG line last, whereas people in account and human resources were given immediately the line were introduced to the company.

I also want people in the house know that the staff that left the rival company for three times their pay were justified. The Dangote plant is more than three times where they were coming from. With full support and backing, the profitability would have been achieved. The market is available.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by jonkal: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
PLEASE LETS GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT B4 MISLEADING PEOPLE.
DANGOTE HAS SACKED PPL TWICE RECENTLY. ONE WAS LAST YEAR DURING THE GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISIS IN WHICH THEY SACKED ABOUT 600 PPL.AND WE ALL KNOW THAT SEVERAL COYS DID SAME AND NOT JUST DANGOTE.
SECONDLY SOME PPL WERE FOUND TO BE INCITING OTHER WORKERS WHICH LED TO AN INDUSTRRIAL ACTION THAT GROUNDED PRODUCTION AT DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERIES RESULTING IN LOSS OF ALREADY MIXED SUGAR RUNNING INTO MILLIONS OF NAIRA. THAT HAPPAENED JUST TWO MONTHS AGO.
SO IF YOU HAVE A JOB OFFER AT DANGOTE GROUP, NOTHING STOPS YOU FROM TAKING IT COS DANGOTE IS NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT OBTAINS IN OTHER MULTI-NATIONALS IN NAIJA.
I STAY WITH ONE OF THE MANAGERS THERE SO AM TALKING WITH ACTUAL FACTS AND FIGURES.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by emmy9: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2010
stupid dangote and co!! when they spend money that would have been used in motivating their staff on half-baked expartriaites and indians ,where will they get money to servoce nigerian staff!!, mshewwwwwwww,
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Pafuri(m): 5:13am On Jul 08, 2010
God! God! God!. Seems no one is respomsible for anything, good or bad.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2010
A word is enough for the wise. Be there, seen it, got the tee shirt. LOL. But I survived sha.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by oseniwale(m): 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
So sympathetic, I pray to Allah to help us in 9ja where people do things the way they lyk. Half bread they say is better than none, learn from other downfall. Do not leave your work for mega offer without proper and necessary enquiries.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by papihand: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Omo this is a site when you can check for vacancies of http://www.nigerianvacancies.com/2010/10/engineering-jobs-in-nigeria.html grin
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by bettybest: 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2010
javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);thats very sad to hear. It so unforutnate for your brother, I pray that affliction shall befall him the second time
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by ineedajob: 1:05am On Jan 09, 2011
All companies are out there to make profit. They have set targets and expectations from employees. Performance measurement is necessary to give a sense of assessment. Emotions do not mix with business. Before you go passing off slags on Dangote who I believe anyone would love to be in position - if individuals are underperforming should they be retained if their net income to the company is negative? Big firms worldwide do this either in Mergers or from acquisition. The remove dead weights and bring fresh minds to infuse intelligence. Some people just want to earn 7 digit figures and not pay the price and complain when they get sacked. Anyway, I'm looking for a job o. Any fresh ideas on what sites on recruitment company to approach please?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by dunnitara: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
Again, this happened to a close pally. cry Employ them from rival company and throw them out after a year. I wonder why Dangote do this to people's career. Why not employ and train people you can pay? Why make them lose at both sides? I will say this also "Don't take a job at dangote if you have a choice" Look very well before you leap. He that hath a hear, let him,
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Adbash: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2011
For those people dat have idea, hw much dangote pay for fresh graduate (engineer) self?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Towerpol: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
Such is life. Does any one know the reason behind this act?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by water4qb: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2012
how much does he pay graduate self ? Its is normal to make profits but He doesn't have to lay off pple anyhow, he is just hiding under the lawlessness of labour act in nigeria ...
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by slimslim: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
So dem don drive the drivers commot for dangote?
Na wa o.
Dem talk am for this post o
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Ananicoeji: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
ukotmi:

And I am planning to resume there after been sacked in my former company. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. What do I do now? I have attended the interview and is waiting for their letter cry cry cry cry cry cry. ah, advise me oh
bro I attended interview last year 2020,and I was called after two months to submit my documents ,but later after few months I was called to state how I submitted my CV to them which I can't remember,but am still waiting
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by TrippleEEE: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
This is true. Seen it over and over again.
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Ananicoeji: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
TrippleEEE:
This is true. Seen it over and over again.
are you working there ? please I need update on their recruitment
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Kale001(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2021
Ananicoeji:

bro I attended interview last year 2020,and I was called after two months to submit my documents ,but later after few months I was called to state how I submitted my CV to them which I can't remember,but am still waiting

Please tell me about their interview and what role did you applied for?
Have you resumed now or still on the recruitment process?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by Issues2(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2021
Thanks for this information
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by TigerHead001(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hello house, anybody has any idea what the working conditions are over there and how’s the pay for an admin staff?
Re: Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice by uthlaw: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
ukotmi:

And I am planning to resume there after been sacked in my former company. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. What do I do now? I have attended the interview and is waiting for their letter cry cry cry cry cry cry. ah, advise me oh
go resumed if you don't have another job!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Nigerian Govt Commences Fresh N-power Category, Reveals Procedures / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.