Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? (4837 Views)

Man Buys A Rolls Royce, Visits His Poor Mother In Agege (Photos) / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2018
I've got a lexus es 300 sedan.....
Recently say about 3 weeks now.... the acceleration of the car is really bad really really bad.....especially for a v6.
The car does not move.... but in the mornings or when the car is cool, it accelerates better but when the engine is hot.... the acceleration drops dead..... gear can change but the movement is so slow...... even Keke dey overtake me....

I have changed the following parts
Complete set of plugs.
oil both engine and gear oil...
Checked exhaust for blockages....
Changed exhaust net...
Change fuel pump...
Change plug coil...
Serviced it's nozzles

All this have not alleviated the problem......
The funny thing is the engine is very sound and calm.... when u raise the throttle....

But throttle am for road na..... wahala.... please help
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2018
Anyone
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by olaleks007(m): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
Flames000:
Recently say about 3 weeks now.... the acceleration of the car is really bad really really bad.....especially for a v6.
The car does not move.... but in the mornings or when the car is cool, it accelerates better but when the engine is hot.... the acceleration drops dead..... gear can change but the movement is so slow...... even Keke dey overtake me....

Complete set of plugs.
Changed exhaust net...
Change fuel pump...
Change plug coil...
Serviced it's nozzles

The funny thing is the engine is very sound and calm.... when u raise the throttle....

It's common to Lexus cars. Try to scan the car...I think wiring problem
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks man for the reply... I was thinking that as well...

Does anyone know a good place I can scan this car in question around asaba/onitsha/agbor?
olaleks007:

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
Flames000:
Thanks man for the reply... I was thinking that as well...

Does anyone know a good place I can scan this car in question around asaba/onitsha/agbor?

OPUSDEI1 is at Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by efe35L: 4:30am On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:

Complete set of plugs.
Changed exhaust net...
Change fuel pump...
Change plug coil...
Serviced it's nozzles

Are you from the 1950's? Why spend all that trial and error money instead of running a scan with 5k then get the error fault codes then check it up

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by sultaan(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2018
efe35L:

Are you from the 1950's? Why spend all that trial and error money instead of running a scan with 5k then get the error fault codes then check it up

x2 always go with a scan first

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 7:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:

Complete set of plugs.
Changed exhaust net...
Change fuel pump...
Change plug coil...
Serviced it's nozzles

Which gear oil did you put? Is your check engine light on?

Hope you kept all the parts that were replaced

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2018
thebigkendo:

my tots exactly..... Gear related.

vehicle is OK at ambient temp but at operating temp or as engine/gear temp increases.... something goes wrong inside Gear box... like losing 1st gear or starting in 2nd/3rdgear

op what gear oil was used for service
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2018
Check engine light is on....
I cant really remember the name of the gear oil at the moment
thebigkendo:

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:
Check engine light is on....
I cant really remember the name of the gear oil at the moment

Most probably seahorse or abro

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by efe35L: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2018
greenhulk:

Most probably seahorse or abro

Buhahahhaaha! Abro or seahorse cheesy cheesy Kazeem favourites

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:
Check engine light is on.... I cant really remember the name of the gear oil at the moment
. can u remember how much?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

my tots exactly..... Gear related.

vehicle is OK at ambient temp but at operating temp or as engine/gear temp increases.... something goes wrong inside Gear box... like losing 1st gear or starting in 2nd/3rdgear

op what gear oil was used for service

I actually felt maybe his car was in limp mode due to a sensor issue but as Kazeem has been throwing parts & probably wrong fluid at the car.. More damage could have been done.

Op should scan the car & post the code
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by efe35L: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2018
He's car is obviously on limp mode or fail safe mode due to maybe bad solenoids in the valve body. He now compounded the issue by changing gear oil which he has forgotten the name, probably on recommendation by a kazeem smiley grin
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by kingreign(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
olaleks007:

You Lied!

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
can u remember how much?
yea #4500 for 4 litres
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:
yea #4500 for 4 litres
oluwaseunla over to u
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Frankdamaxx(m): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
Flames000:
yea #4500 for 4 litres

Lol. That is Seahorse. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by timifakay(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oluwaseunla over to u

Taah.
Y'all are in this together.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by olaremint(m): 12:33am On Sep 03, 2018
Bros I bought motor craft oil to service my gear more than a year ago, 1litre was 4.5K then, I had to buy 4. Nigerians will buy car over 2 million naira and be using 2.5K oil to service. Why not buy Raleigh bicycle jeje.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 1:34am On Sep 03, 2018
That's what happens when people buy cars without any idea of maintenance. Exactly what I warned about in our thread SMH.

It's his trans fluid first guess. When cold still viscous, when warms is thin. It's not limp mode that's the problem.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 2:51am On Sep 03, 2018
radautoworks:
That's what happens when people buy cars without any idea of maintenance. Exactly what I warned about in our thread SMH.

It's his trans fluid first guess. When cold still viscous, when warms is thin. It's not limp mode that's the problem.
please what do you think is the solution?

Please I want you to note that this gear oil was just changed on Saturday evening.... and this issue like I said has been lingering on for close to 3 weeks...
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 2:52am On Sep 03, 2018
olaremint:
Bros I bought motor craft oil to service my gear more than a year ago, 1litre was 4.5K then, I had to buy 4. Nigerians will buy car over 2 million naira and be using 2.5K oil to service. Why not buy Raleigh bicycle jeje.
now that you have made ur fun, can you now provide a solution?

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by oluwaseunla(m): 5:36am On Sep 03, 2018
Flames000:
please what do you think is the solution?

Please I want you to note that this gear oil was just changed on Saturday evening.... and this issue like I said has been lingering on for close to 3 weeks...

Scan first. I don't know if Nnewi is close to you. If yes, get in touch with Opusdei1. You can search for that monicker on nairaland. Meanwhile, you will need to put the right fluid into your transmission.
obekediamondfuto:

oluwaseunla over to u
Jesu, didn't see that one on time. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by biggiyke(m): 7:33am On Sep 03, 2018
Where exactly sir, is your location?
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by OPUSDEI1(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2018
@ OP, was any work done on your car before this problem started?

Still you require a proper scan and diagnosis to avoid complications.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Kashif(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
The problem was there before the car was serviced, so don't blame the atf. Most of wrong atf effects show in drive feel and converter shudder. CVTs are much more intolerant.

The car in not in limp mode, because limps don't flip flop on its own.

@OP, what is the state of your atf now? Dark and burnt? If yes, you have an obvious leakage. Check the running temperature of your transmission via a scanner, or physically - capable thermometer or thermocoupler. There are many details, but the summary is that something is wrong with your transmission that atf replacement will not resolve. If the atf is not burnt, you may try and replace the VB if you get a working one.

Was any job done on the car before this started?
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by segzyndpep(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
Am going through the same but mine is lexus es330 ..wont accelerate like a v6 should..my wife camry big daddy acxelerate more...am thinking of selling because i dnt know what is causing it...no check engine,engine is sound...and i once drove one like that its the same
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
segzyndpep:
Am going through the same but mine is lexus es330 ..wont accelerate like a v6 should..my wife camry big daddy acxelerate more...am thinking of selling because i dnt know what is causing it...no check engine,engine is sound...and i once drove one like that its the same

Have it diagnosed. Shouldn't be like that. The ES330 hits its sweet spot at 80km/hr+.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Again, not limp mode. Is there a check engine light? If there isn't your kazeem most likely removed it. Scan your car.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Tips For Riding A Motorcycle In The Rain / I Need Small Car Like This (pictures) How Can I Get And How Much / Typical Signs Of A Failing Car Heater Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.