Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? (4845 Views)

Man Buys A Rolls Royce, Visits His Poor Mother In Agege (Photos) / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by segzyndpep(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Have it diagnosed. Shouldn't be like that. The ES330 hits its sweet spot at 80km/hr+.

Thanks sir,i hope when i diagnose something will come up
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by kadil(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
Flames000:
I've got a lexus es 300 sedan.....
Recently say about 3 weeks now.... the acceleration of the car is really bad really really bad.....especially for a v6.
The car does not move.... but in the mornings or when the car is cool, it accelerates better but when the engine is hot.... the acceleration drops dead..... gear can change but the movement is so slow...... even Keke dey overtake me....

I have changed the following parts
Complete set of plugs.
oil both engine and gear oil...
Checked exhaust for blockages....
Changed exhaust net...
Change fuel pump...
Change plug coil...
Serviced it's nozzles

All this have not alleviated the problem......
The funny thing is the engine is very sound and calm.... when u raise the throttle....

But throttle am for road na..... wahala.... please help

Check the hubs, brake pads
Worn out hub bearings could be the culprit
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kashif:
The problem was there before the car was serviced, so don't blame the atf. Most of wrong atf effects show in drive feel and converter shudder. CVTs are much more intolerant.

The car in not in limp mode, because limps don't flip flop on its own.

@OP, what is the state of your atf now? Dark and burnt? If yes, you have an obvious leakage. Check the running temperature of your transmission via a scanner, or physically - capable thermometer or thermocoupler. There are many details, but the summary is that something is wrong with your transmission that atf replacement will not resolve. If the atf is not burnt, you may try and replace the VB if you get a working one.

Was any job done on the car before this started?

I always perceive a smell of burnt oil wen I park sha....
I went to run some diagnosis today I was told that there were issues withave the knock sensor 1/2 and airflow sensors....
I would be going back there 2moro to have the catalyst checked....
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
kadil:

Check the hubs, brake pads
Worn out hub bearings could be the culprit
Could those really cause the car to Slag wen heated up?
It drives smoothly in the mornings.... till engine warms up....
Even when it slags... if u turn of the engine and restart.... it picks and after 7mins... go back to slugging again.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kashif:
The problem was there before the car was serviced, so don't blame the atf. Most of wrong atf effects show in drive feel and converter shudder. CVTs are much more intolerant.

The car in not in limp mode, because limps don't flip flop on its own.

@OP, what is the state of your atf now? Dark and burnt? If yes, you have an obvious leakage. Check the running temperature of your transmission via a scanner, or physically - capable thermometer or thermocoupler. There are many details, but the summary is that something is wrong with your transmission that atf replacement will not resolve. If the atf is not burnt, you may try and replace the VB if you get a working one.

Was any job done on the car before this started?

by VB you mean.... I will check for the condition 2moro....

I appreciate all efforts from everyone squeezing out time to help out.... God bless you all
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dude. Please pay a few thousand if that's what it takes and GO GET YOUR CAR SCANNED. We are not magicians.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:34am On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:
Dude. Please pay a few thousand if that's what it takes and GO GET YOUR CAR SCANNED. We are not magicians.

we need magicians in Nigeria joor
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Kashif(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2018
Flames000:

I went to run some diagnosis today I was told that there were issues withave the knock sensor 1/2 and airflow sensors....

If you have an airflow sensor issue, you MUST fix it first before anything. Given the symptoms you have, it is not likely the primary culprit (as you said the gear works well bone cold), but it will ruin even a brand new gear from Toyota in a while, if not fixed.

Something else I did not elaborate - sticky solenoids (in the valvebody) are also known to act up when hot. Just prepare to replace that gear, but fix other engine problems first.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:
Nigerians... always in a hurry to reply and look smart.... if you follow carefully you will see where I reported the scan results.... it's not compulsory u must leave a comment.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2018
Kashif:

If you have an airflow sensor issue, you MUST fix it first before anything. Given the symptoms you have, it is not likely the primary culprit (as you said the gear works well bone cold), but it will ruin even a brand new gear from Toyota in a while, if not fixed.

Something else I did not elaborate - sticky solenoids (in the valvebody) are also known to act up when hot. Just prepare to replace that gear, but fix other engine problems first.
Thanks bro... im taking the car back to where the scan was carried out so that necessary repairs can follow up... I will update discoveries as we progress.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
Flames000:

Nigerians... always in a hurry to reply and look smart.... if you follow carefully you will see where I reported the scan results.... it's not compulsory u must leave a comment.

I must have missed it. I'll leave you to it then. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Flames000:

Ask them for the codes pulled by the scanner and post here
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

Ask them for the codes pulled by the scanner and post here

Didn't you see his reply above?

"Nigerians... always in a hurry to reply and look smart.... if you follow carefully you will see where I reported the scan results .... it's not compulsory u must leave a comment."

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

"Nigerians... always in a hurry to reply and look smart.... if you follow carefully you will see where I reported the scan results .... it's not compulsory u must leave a comment."
You're just a wicked somebody. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

I am asking for the scanned "code" not result grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
tolusan:

You're just a wicked somebody. cheesy

Ha! Sir! smiley
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

I am asking for the scanned "code" not result grin grin grin grin

You see? I'm not as wise as you. You still refuse to volunteer abi? Okay cry
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

You see? I'm not as wise as you. You still refuse to volunteer abi? Okay cry

Hahaha but i have been doing Pro-bono work for Radauto
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by kadil(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Advising from my past experience Bro.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by valarinz: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
kingreign:

You Lied!

Hahahahahaha, my man. I dey your back gigigba cool

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by radautoworks: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hahaha but i have been doing Pro-bono work for Radauto
Damn. He noticed shocked
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by thebigkendo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

Damn. He noticed shocked

Just giving you a taste of the pudding smiley smiley
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by OPUSDEI1(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Flames000:

Could those really cause the car to Slag wen heated up?
It drives smoothly in the mornings.... till engine warms up....
Even when it slags... if u turn of the engine and restart.... it picks and after 7mins... go back to slugging again.

You most likely have a blocked catalytic converter.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by sultaan(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
Thread closed someone who does not understand people are trying to help is being rude.

Here is an opportunity to learn a lesson

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2018
sultaan:
Thread closed someone who does not understand people are trying to help is being rude.

Here is an opportunity to learn a lesson
Thank you
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2018
I will source for the code and lost it here...
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by Flames000(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2018
The scan codes are as follows
P0325
P0330
P1155
B1231
Status of all are current

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by valarinz: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Flames000:
The scan codes are as follows
P0325
P0330
P1155
B1231
Status of all are current

Kingreign, gazzuzz
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
valarinz:

Kingreign, gazzuzz

I will sit this one out, OP is being a smart ass, even insulting my aunty angry

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by 9icetoo(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
OP don buy market.
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by valarinz: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I will sit this one out, OP is being a smart ass, even insulting my aunty angry

Choi
Re: Can Someone Please Help My Poor Little Lexus? by jadekusibe: 1:54am On Nov 21, 2023
The problem is common to Toyota Lexus ES third generation like 300&330 V6 engine, however,the issue is electrical wiring or components related such as followings: engine coolant temperature sensor, also known as cold start,2.failing or dirty throttle positions sensor,knock sensor, accelerator pedal sensor,4.idle Air control sensor,5.timing belt or chain jumping 6.automatic transmission oil temperature sensor,7.failing mass air flow sensor,and finally fuel vapor vacuum leak.It depends on how ur mechanic can narrow down to the root with all these possible causes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Small Car Like This (pictures) How Can I Get And How Much / 10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine / Which Is Better Uk Or American Built Cars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.