Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (76238 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by UgoFly: 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2019
2buffagain:

Subjecting yourself to pagan rituals all in the name of freaking marriage and you are letting demons threaten you with death when you should be telling them "dia fada".

If you are a Christian, I SMH at you.
Tradition for tradition sake, sure...but you have to draw the line when that ish becomes demonic. Otherwise, the way these things work, you have given consent for whatever that is to be a part of your new home. You are part of your generational problem. Now some child of yours down your lineage will have to fast and pray to break themselves free from the nonsense you have consented to bring into your lineage because of your weakness.

As much as you are trying to help them by marrying their daughter, your desires also matter.
You can make it clear that you will have nothing to do with marrying their daughter if pagan rituals are involved....especially not any that involve some bloody entity threatening me with death if I don't do it. Dia Fada!

I understand all what you have said and it got me terribly worried. my mother was disappointed in me that I had to concede to such rituals. I have taken steps by engaging is fasting and praying and I have booked with some men of God for deliverance for both my wife and I. I just don't want to live in fear.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
UgoFly:

I understand all what you have said and it got me terribly worried. my mother was disappointed in me that I had to concede to such rituals. I have taken steps by engaging is fasting and praying and I have booked with some men of God for deliverance for both my wife and I. I just don't want to live in fear.

grin grin as long as you have programmed yourself to live in fear, so shall it be. If tomorrow certain occurrences manifest, you will attribute it to because you performed certain rites in Ibibio land.

I wish you brought this topic before you performed the rites, i sincerely would have discouraged so you can go marry a lady you are satisfied with their customs and tradition. That way, your mind will completely be at rest.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 2buffagain(m): 12:09am On Mar 11, 2019
sacramento1212:

Every tribe in Nigeria have their own culture and tradition and it has absolutely nothing to do with pagan rituals or demonic as you may call it. No one forced him to marry an Ibibio daughter and if he wasn't comfortable with it, he would have looked else where to pick a bride. That's why i encourage people that wants to get involved in intertribal marriage to study the culture and tradition of the tribe of their potential partner.

Do not smell the food you intend not to eat. It's like me going to a tribe in Edo that have their own tradition to tell them i won't be a party to it and insist on doing things my own way. If I know i don't like what's being practised there, it's better for me not to get involved with the lady in the first place.

@ugofly, once again, you have nothing to worry. It was part of the traditional marriage same way we cannot abolish traditional marriages and stick to white wedding which to me is a borrowed culture. It's a one off thing and you have satisfied all that was required to pick a bride in that part of Ibibio land.

So nothing to worry about concerning your wife, children and the future. May God bless your marriage and may you reap the fruit sooner or later.

You lack spiritual vision and depth.
Everything is just a great big "cultural" party to you innit?

There is a reason why Africa is still a Dark nation of retrogression.
It is because of these things we carry on our heads along with us all in the name of culture.

Let me just say, If I were the devil, all I would have to have done is instill some tribal people with "cultures" that benefit my goal (much to their detriment) and let my recruited (delightfully unpaid muhuhahaha) "culture-warriors" such as yourself go ahead to do the important job of fighting off logic and pragmatism as to why my instilled practices which are detrimental to you should still be continued. I will find it even more so hilarious if this warrior of mine actually considers themselves a christian.

I would be sure to instill you with anti-logical capabilities hence making you immune to the sense of any argument. All you would have to keep on repeating over and over is "This is how we have always done it....therefore it is the best way". Your brain can never be allowed to pick up on the fact that this argument in itself is a logical fallacy. I can't have you getting too smart about these things.

And I would be sure to equip you with an intolerance against any of your kinsmen who decide to think for themselves and help their lineage by foregoing my questionable practices. To you, they should have no right to decide to ignore my bidding. You'd be a great asset to my hatred of mankind.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 1:17am On Mar 11, 2019
2buffagain:

You lack spiritual vision and depth.
Everything is just a great big "cultural" party to you innit?

There is a reason why Africa is still a Dark nation of retrogression.
It is because of these things we carry on our heads along with us all in the name of culture.

Let me just say, If I were the devil, all I would have to have done is instill some tribal people with "cultures" that benefit my goal (much to their detriment) and let my recruited (delightfully unpaid muhuhahaha) "culture-warriors" such as yourself go ahead to do the important job of fighting off logic and pragmatism as to why my instilled practices which are detrimental to you should still be continued. I will find it even more so hilarious if this warrior of mine actually considers themselves a christian.

I would be sure to instill you with anti-logical capabilities hence making you immune to the sense of any argument. All you would have to keep on repeating over and over is "This is how we have always done it....therefore it is the best way". Your brain can never be allowed to pick up on the fact that this argument in itself is a logical fallacy. I can't have you getting too smart about these things.

And I would be sure to equip you with an intolerance against any of your kinsmen who decide to think for themselves and help their lineage by foregoing my questionable practices. To you, they should have no right to decide to ignore my bidding. You'd be a great asset to my hatred of mankind.

There's absolutely no point countering your own opinion about these things. Spirituality isn't measured by words of mouth or what an individual writes on any platform and it will be foolish of me to go down that line with you.

If one is to go by your modern day practices just to ensure Africa is no longer in the dark as indicated by you, then traditional marriages should be abolished while we stick to white wedding that is even a borrowed culture that has absolutely nothing to do with the African culture all in the name of spirituality.

Finally, i do not know where you come from but as long as you are not an akwa-ibomite, you cannot school me on certain practices that concerns the akwa-ibom people and in this case ibibio land.

Once you get involved with a lady that is not from your tribe, ensure you study more about the culture and tradition of the said Lady before you commit. If you are not ready to respect people's tradition or their tradition doesn't suit you or you may not be able to use your spiritual vision/depth to over turn things in your favor, then I'll advice you don't get involved and concentrate on seeking the one that suits you.

It's not by force to get involved with an ibibio lady. Even when it comes to the aspect of the traditional list, if it doesn't go down well with you, you simply walk away and no one will penalize you for your actions.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 30, 2019
This is sexy work. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Parents Of Boy In Calm Down Viral Video (photos) / Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Dead Man Grabs Brother’s Hands In Mortuary In Jos, Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.