Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (76109 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by jaxxy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Can’t we just go to Vegas and get married? This culture thing can be annoying smtmes. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Napoleon928:
hookup is free for only active users share our blog on Facebook and other social media

ALL OF UNA WEY DEY CARRY ADVERT SPOIL THREAD, NA GOD GO PUNISH U.

IF U WANT TO ADVERTISE, GO AND PAY LALASTICLALA NOT ALL THIS NONESENSE U ARE DOING.

6 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO LEAVE YOUR SOUTH WASTEE AND GO ALL THE WAY TO BIAFRA LAND FOR MARRIAGE.

IF U DONT LIKE THE LIST, MARRY YOUR FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA SISTER.

THE PEOPLE OF THAT STATE HAVE BEEN MARRYING WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

NA U WAN GO ALL THE WAY TO AKWA IBOM FROM OGUN STATE TO CHANGE THEIR MARRIAGE RITES.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
Napoleon928:

God purnish as well idiot

THUNDER FIRE U.

NEVER POST ADVERT ON THREAD AGAIN.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by poweredcom(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
Dat region their gal Sabi bang ehnn

Hey I go like get wife there

But then too de bang I swear but one tin I like their gals they r very neat n fine n Sabi cook

10 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by AngelicBeing: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Reading

This sounds interesting. Story not complete. Joeruano complete this story.

Joeruano thanks for completing the story.

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that us how I treat him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

shocked

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by stasiaannie(f): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
look at what you posted and ask your self "
do i have sense?"

undecided
Akathriel:

What exactly is wrong with these Akwa-Ibom people? Little wonder their region is so underdeveloped & rife with jobless militants looking for Oyinbo to kidnap for ramsom. Aside that, the only thing they do best is hunting innocent Ekuke (dog meat) upandan. grin

One native goat, One black goat. How many goats do they slaughter during their traditional wedding? No wonder GEJ couldn't move Nigeria an inch forward since he was just busy eating Asun & drinking cartons of Sapele Water in Asorock. grin

You better warn your covetous & uncultured village heads to desist from this dastard & impious act of subjecting your prospective in-laws to committing a broad-day robbery by putting their necks on the chopping board - Nagode! grin

5 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by nextstep(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
Story. So instead of slowly gathering money to get the items on the list, your boo spent money on plane ticket for you, just so he could tell you he could not afford those items?

31 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
joeruano:
Without the doubt, bride price is a cultural right in most parts of Nigeria. Marrying from some places is very easy and doesn’t require anyone breaking the bank. Most times, it affects relationship as the loud undertone is that one can’t settle with the love of their life if they are not extremely wealthy .

I could remember vividly when my girl cousin was to get married she was super excited and couldn’t wait to tie up the knot with her Yoruba boo. She told her mum about the guy’s intention and the mum told her dad. Hoops the marriage plan began, I know that day as I was about stepping from my home for the college when she called and said Cyndi my fiancé will be visiting our home on Friday this week and I want you to be around.

Well, let’s fast forward the whole story, the fiancé came and after plenty eating and laughing, my uncle took him to the village to meet with some village heads and family members that matters, at the end of that day he was issued a list and that list was tagged Requirements for a traditional Marriage Ceremony in Nsit Atai L.G.A.

He went back to Lagos where he is based and didn’t speak with my cousin for days. Worries piled up in her heart and she burst to tears when she told me of the ordeal she went through, I asked, so why didn’t you call him cousin, she said I did, most times when he picks up he says Edidiong am busy can I call you back later and that day will roll pass he won’t call me. What bites me the most is the fact that he calls me my name and not the sweetie he used to call. I then knew something was wrong.

Days rolled into weeks and here I am still wondering what might have gone wrong with my boo to be. I called his best friend Olawale who was kind enough to talk some sense into him and the following day he called me. All he said was Edidiong please I need you to board the next flight tomorrow to Lagos we have a serious issue I need us to talk about.

He sent me the flight code and I prepared for Lagos. I arrived Lagos at about 12.32pm, he was already their waiting for me, he hugged him and I felt he must have missed me, but then I said to myself if he did then why the cold attitude towards me. Well, we headed for his home and I had my shower and ate something.

Edidiong he said we need to talk, I said okay am all hears. He started with so much Eulogy and I said why sing my praises when you practically abandoned me and made my heart aches for days, your silence was enough to send me to my early grave.

Am so sorry but I didn’t know what to do nor think, I became helpless when your family head handed me the lists to our Traditional Marriage. Oh but why didn’t you show me the list before you left for Lagos, I couldn’t bring myself to show you how angry and disappointed I was he said, Disappointed?

IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO LEAVE YOUR SOUTH WASTEE REGION AND GO ALL THE WAY TO BIAFRA LAND FOR MARRIAGE.

IF U DONT LIKE THE LIST, MARRY YOUR FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA SISTER.

THE PEOPLE OF THAT STATE HAVE BEEN MARRYING WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

NA U WAN GO ALL THE WAY TO AKWA IBOM FROM OGUN TO CHANGE THEIR MARRIAGE RITES.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by oladele00(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Vote for buhari for second term and he will put a stop to this ungodly stupidity... Sai baba till 2023

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by lawsbanks: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Yoruba families wont give you this headache. Use the southern girls as side chicks tongue

7 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
YORUBA NEED TO STOP MEDIA ABUSE AND BLACKMAIL.

THEY ARE LITTERING THE INTERNET WITH ALOT OF STUPIDITY.

IMAGINE A GROWN MAN CRYING ABOUT AKWA IBOM MARRIAGE RITE.

YET HE IS BLIND TO THE EXTORTIONIST BABALOJA AND MAMALOJA YORUBA CULTURE OF GOING TO THE MARKET TO COLLECT MONEY FROM TRADERS FOR NOTHING.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Leopantro: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
can you imagine?
Your own father said God will give you a man to take care of the list.
not God will give you a man to make a wonderful husband.

5 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by wambosamuel1980: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
You people have to thank Tiv people for reducing their bride price to 100k.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by papalsbuIl: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Reading

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that us how I treat him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

irrespective of party difference i have always known you as a good man and you always have my full respect for that

but

but

Buhari is a criminal terrorist

kiss the truth

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by helpsystem: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nice piece. IMO. Perspection = reality. What u believe doing reality to b is ur reality and it's different for people. I personally religion, culture, e.t.c won't dictate my life rather I will pick what is best in all and adopt it.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
YORUBA WOMEN NEED TO START DEMANDING BRIDE PRICE FROM YORUBA MEN IF EVER THEY WANT TO BE VALUED AND RESPECTED.

THE FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA WOMEN HAVE CAUSED THE AVERAGE YORUBA MAN TO BECOME IRRESPONSIBLE.

U CAN IMAGINE A GROWN ASS MAN EXPECTING HIS PROSPECTIVE INLAWS TO FOOT HIS WEDDING EXPENSES BECOS HE IS DOING DEM A FAVOUR BY MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTER, THAT HE WILL USE AND LATER DUMP FOR ANOTHER FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA WOMAN.

YORUBA WOMEN, WISE UP AND COLLECT BRIDE PRICE FROM YOUR MEN TO BE RESPECTED.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by prettyrits: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2018
NoToPile:
I salute my calabar people.

My cousin married one, this was around 2002-3, the list ehn shocked shocked

My akwaibom nysc friend that married around 2011/12 said her bride price alone was 400k as at then oo when 400k was quite valuable.

I think the way forward is that parents alone should be the one who determine what the groom bring. All these village association, elders, community, good mother's requirement is what makes it more cumbersome. This will be difficult to do in some cultures as they are very communual

You're an idiot to call Akwa Ibom people Calabar. You should be knowledgeable enough to realize that, Calabar is in another state,outside of Akwa Ibom state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by AgentGoat: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Na them sabi anything more than 150k is not acceptable by me.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Meklex(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
That's why I don't toast girls from Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
CHILD SUPPORT, THEY WILL NOT PAY.

MARRIAGE, THEY WANT HER TO PAY.

THE WORST PART IS THEY WILL RUN TO INTERNET AND BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FAR EASTERN PEOPLE MARRAIGE RITE AS IF IT IS THEIR BUSINESS.

ALL THIS COMPLAIN WILL ULTIMATELY LEAD TO THE FREE YORUBA WOMEN STARTING TO PLACE BRIDE PRICE ON THE VERY IRRESPONSIBLE YORUBA MEN.

CRY MORE BITCH!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
The MOST EXPENSIVE marriages in Nigeria include
1st .....KALABARI
2nd..... AKWA IBOM
3rd......IGBO

3 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Megatrix: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
The guy even has to buy a generator set for them grin

3 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Reading

V
Sir please I'm waiting for the remaining part of this your story ooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by legitnow: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
EVILFOREST:
The MOST EXPENSIVE marriages in Nigeria include
1st .....KALABARI
2nd..... AKWA IBOM
3rd......IGBO

THERE MARRIAGE, NA EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNADAY.

BRIDE PRICE DID NOT STOP DEM FROM MARRYING.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by IbrahimDamola: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
YORUBA WOMEN NEED TO START DEMANDING BRIDE PRICE FROM YORUBA MEN IF EVER THEY WANT TO BE VALUED AND RESPECTED.

THE FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA WOMEN HAVE CAUSED THE AVERAGE YORUBA MAN TO BECOME IRRESPONSIBLE.

U CAN IMAGINE A GROWN ASS MAN EXPECTING HIS PROSPECTIVE INLAWS TO FOOT HIS WEDDING EXPENSES BECOS HE IS DOING DEM A FAVOUR BY MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTER, THAT HE WILL USE AND LATER DUMP FOR ANOTHER FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA WOMAN.

YORUBA WOMEN, WISE UP AND COLLECT BRIDE PRICE FROM YOUR MEN TO BE RESPECTED.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by IYANGBALI: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Thank you Joeruano.

A lot of people have little patience for reading. I have the patience for it.
I ate reading epistles
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by stasiaannie(f): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Am from Akwa Ibom (A Proud Akwa-Ibom Babe)

stop sending things like this to discourage young men who intend to marry from Akwa ibom state , like every tribe all this item are negotiable.
no body will ask you to provide all of this. and if any body tells you he provided all this then he is a liar. we have Akwa ibom girls getting married every Saturday. if every thing in this list is provided den men no go dey rush us. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

For the Bride Price:

the bride price of an Akwa ibom Girl depends on her parents not the community, the parent decides what they want to collect from the suitor

please stop spreading false new out of sentiments

joeruano:
Without the doubt, bride price is a cultural right in most parts of Nigeria. Marrying from some places is very easy and doesn’t require anyone breaking the bank. Most times, it affects relationship as the loud undertone is that one can’t settle with the love of their life if they are not extremely wealthy .

I could remember vividly when my girl cousin was to get married she was super excited and couldn’t wait to tie up the knot with her Yoruba boo. She told her mum about the guy’s intention and the mum told her dad. Hoops the marriage plan began, I know that day as I was about stepping from my home for the college when she called and said Cyndi my fiancé will be visiting our home on Friday this week and I want you to be around.

Well, let’s fast forward the whole story, the fiancé came and after plenty eating and laughing, my uncle took him to the village to meet with some village heads and family members that matters, at the end of that day he was issued a list and that list was tagged Requirements for a traditional Marriage Ceremony in Nsit Atai L.G.A.

He went back to Lagos where he is based and didn’t speak with my cousin for days. Worries piled up in her heart and she burst to tears when she told me of the ordeal she went through, I asked, so why didn’t you call him cousin, she said I did, most times when he picks up he says Edidiong am busy can I call you back later and that day will roll pass he won’t call me. What bites me the most is the fact that he calls me my name and not the sweetie he used to call. I then knew something was wrong.

Days rolled into weeks and here I am still wondering what might have gone wrong with my boo to be. I called his best friend Olawale who was kind enough to talk some sense into him and the following day he called me. All he said was Edidiong please I need you to board the next flight tomorrow to Lagos we have a serious issue I need us to talk about.

He sent me the flight code and I prepared for Lagos. I arrived Lagos at about 12.32pm, he was already their waiting for me, he hugged him and I felt he must have missed me, but then I said to myself if he did then why the cold attitude towards me. Well, we headed for his home and I had my shower and ate something.

Edidiong he said we need to talk, I said okay am all hears. He started with so much Eulogy and I said why sing my praises when you practically abandoned me and made my heart aches for days, your silence was enough to send me to my early grave.

Am so sorry but I didn’t know what to do nor think, I became helpless when your family head handed me the lists to our Traditional Marriage. Oh but why didn’t you show me the list before you left for Lagos, I couldn’t bring myself to show you how angry and disappointed I was he said, Disappointed?

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Marries 16-Year-Old Girl In Nnewi, Anambra State (Photo) / Ghanaian Father Collapses As His Son Introduces His 'Ugly' Girlfriend To Him / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.