Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (59786 Views)

Academy Awards - Oscars 2022 (Full List Of Winners) / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMAA 2018: Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 02, 2018
makapella:
Where is Crazeclown?? undecided
Lemme quickly say this,im not igbo neither im i related to them cos dem still dey find Biafra but the truth is that they have done a lot to improve the movie industry..

The funding,zeal,creativity and the market in general screams "igbo" so i dont see why those nominations are mostly Yoruba..

Or are you telling me that igbo people dont do good movies?? For crying out loud,those guys revolutinalized the industry and made it what it is today..They all started in the east,Asaba to be specific..

Let me not cry more than the bereaved sha..
Indomie generation.. Yorubas are the founding fathers of Nigerian movie entertainment.. and it was the existing protocols in movies "igbos are still using today.

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by ojsmscom(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2018
To Be the first to know about job vacancies and business/Investment opportunities in Nigeria LIKE OJNIGERIA here www.facebook.com/ojnigeria
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Baselm: 6:12am On Sep 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
The Afolayan's family is just so talented.

I'm happy for Hakeem Effect, dude needs that spotlights.

I thought Odunlade would win something, he featured more in almost all the languages this year. I guess he needs to start checking the script he accepts.

Omotola winning best actress in a TV/drama series? I didn't see that coming, maybe personality counts here. Alter ego was a nice movie though.

Isoken was epic, great movie!

Odunlade actually won best actor in a comedy movie, that list is incomplete

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 02, 2018
rafabenitez:
Yorubas trying so hard to discredit igbos and take over nollywood,it wl neva happen,dis must be d yoruba version of nollywood awards,we know d real owners.igbo bu igbo nwe nollywood
You blame Yoruba for your loss wow it shows how inferior you people are.

Let the Igbo nominated actors and actresses complain now. Do you really think Igbo best Yoruba in anything? Think about it is Capital No.

The little things you won came as a result of support from the South South.

4 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TeamSimple(m): 6:41am On Sep 02, 2018
Macopol01:

E win plastic award
He won best actor in comedy
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by fratermathy(m): 6:51am On Sep 02, 2018
makapella:
Where is Crazeclown?? undecided
Lemme quickly say this,im not igbo neither im i related to them cos dem still dey find Biafra but the truth is that they have done a lot to improve the movie industry..

The funding,zeal,creativity and the market in general screams "igbo" so i dont see why those nominations are mostly Yoruba..

Or are you telling me that igbo people dont do good movies?? For crying out loud,those guys revolutinalized the industry and made it what it is today..They all started in the east,Asaba to be specific..

Let me not cry more than the bereaved sha..

Asaba is not in the East!

Many of the movies that won awards are cinema movies, not low-budget flicks sponsored by Alaba Market goons.

7 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Kingjames(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2018
"I want us to use this event as a drive to get out PVC to carry out our civic responsibility in voting come 2019; thank and God bless you you all~ falz d bard guy while receiving the award
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by wristbangle: 7:13am On Sep 02, 2018
rafabenitez:
Yorubas trying so hard to discredit igbos and take over nollywood,it wl neva happen,dis must be d yoruba version of nollywood awards,we know d real owners.igbo bu igbo nwe nollywood

Tribalism will finish you people. Nobody is in competition to take over nollywood. Recall in the 60's-80's that yoruba took off the movie industry! You guys did great in the 90's to early 2000. I think the yoruba movie industry are more tenacious in this sector hence the reason it seems they out muscled others. Trace your step back. The igbo acting industry is awesome, kudos to that but no longer has the bite like before.

3 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by homesteady(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Professor Johnbull didn't win that Best comedy series category.
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Efewestern: 7:39am On Sep 02, 2018
fratermathy:

Many of the movies that won awards are cinema movies, not low-budget flicks sponsored by Alaba Market goons.

This is another proof to show that no tribe has it all, for the fact that a particular tribe is dominating a particular industry doesn't mean other tribes are dull or not talented, The movie industry is now highly dominated by Other ethnic groups especially those from Edo/Delta, my cousin is currently acting alongside some big shots.

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by jayb4dtop: 7:43am On Sep 02, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Drchristian:

Let the Igbo nominated actors and actresses complain now. Do you really think Igbo best Yoruba in anything? Think about it is Capital No.

grin grin It was so obvious that the award was compromised, Igbos made nollywood.
You asked if Igbos can beat you Yoruba in anything Yes of course, neutral competition Yorubas are no match to Igbos, for 17 years now Igbos has been beating you in education, entrepreneurship your people are no match to Igbos, the organizers are dumb to cover their tribalism nature, it was so obvious, starting from musicians that performed to the awards .

You asked Igbos best Yoruba in anything Below is picture of one out of many

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Drchristian:

And you think hiding under a female status is the best you can do? I always say that Yorubas are not only cowards but crooks & .....
Moreover, the irrelevant awards here in Africa don't mean much to Igbos cos we've got all we want for ourselves. We best walk away when things get worst or look partial. Reasons, why one in Africa(Nigeria) is a Failed State!
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Collins10(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2018
PVision2020:

Cry cry babies. I guess out of all the tribes in Africa, the organizers has chosen to marginalized only the Jews of Africa. They should have "dash" them all the awards to stop our cry cry babies from wailing. lol
I guess the head of the organisers "Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu" (West Africa regional director of MNET) is also marginalizing is kinsmen.
Crass inferiority complex
Wangi isn't Igbo. She isn't even Nigerian.

She is married to an Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ofemannnu: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
sorry Yoruba's have revolutionise nollywood .

yoruba ti take over

Igbos are good but Yorubas have always proven to be very,very good in entertainment even abroad.Yorubas are the only ones who have won more than 10 Grammy awards,yes... more than 10 Grammy awards.Anything entertainment,Yorubas have always had an upper hand in Nigeria.Fela,Sunny Ade,Davido,Wizkid etc are attestation to this fact.They are just very good.They started cinemas,movies,theatrical dramas etc in Nigeria which later metamorphosed into Nollywood with the help of the Igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2018
fratermathy:

Asaba is not East
Half a Yellow Sun film is the most expensive Nollywood film ever made, with a budget of N1.6 billion.
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by KulAsCucumber: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Awon oloriburuku omo! It seems like the only grammar they know is 'marginalized' or 'sidelined'. If 90% of super eagles is made up of players from other tribe other than igbo, we for no hear word! They should pls allow these bastards to have their stupid Biafra so that we have rest of mind.

4 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ofemannnu: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

grin grin It was so obvious that the award was compromised, Igbos made nollywood.
You asked if Igbos can beat you Yoruba in anything Yes of course, neutral competition Yorubas are no match to Igbos, for 17 years now Igbos has been beating you in education, entrepreneurship your people are no match to Igbos, the organizers are dumb to cover their tribalism nature, it was so obvious, starting from musicians that performed to the awards .

Anything shrouded in criminality like Miracle Centre infested WAEC is what you can beat Yoruba in but when it comes to a fair playing ground which does not allow Igbos to cheat,they are always mostly below Yorubas.

Apart from your 1 award from technovation,Yorubas have been proven to be the best in technology,education and business not 2×2 shop trading which Igbos dominate all over.

These are the Forbes business,technology and creative best 30 in Africa 2018 list.Dominated mostly by the Yorubas.

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-business/

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-technology/

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-creatives/

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 8:31am On Sep 02, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Anything shrouded in criminality like Miracle Centre infested WAEC is what you can beat Yoruba in but when it comes to a fair playing ground which does not allow Igbos to cheat,they are always mostly below Yorubas.

Apart from your 1 award from technovation,Yorubas have been proven to be the best in technology,education and business not 2×2 shop trading which Igbos dominate all over.

These are the Forbes business,technology and creative best 30 in Africa 2018 list.

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-business/

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-technology/

https://www.forbesafrica.com/30-under-30/2018/06/04/under-30-creatives/

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Mizwisdom(f): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2018
Ever since African magic Igbo came up, Igbos are no longer doing well in English movies hence Yorubas & Cross Riverians are taking over. But we are all Nigerians, we need to love each other. Congrats to the winners

Need books? contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by AgbajeRichyBaba(m): 8:36am On Sep 02, 2018
Haha where my Man nah Odunlade Adekola No carry Anything go house Fck
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Tundeobama(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2018
elipheleh:
Since Govt. started meddling in Igbo owned nollywood, they have tried so hard to sideline Igbo out of their own sweat. But we know that's Nigeria for you. Politicizing everything. Imagine boring Yoruba names up there.
what of 4 Kenyans that won and three Ghanaianswhen you good you good no matter what.
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Tundeobama(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Asaba is not East
Half a Yellow Sun film is the most expensive Nollywood film ever made, with a budget of N1.6 billion.
Bring any of your old star who can compete with olu jacobs or new generation funke and omotola.
Highest grossing films in cinemas 2016-2018 we dominated having 80 percent.
you people cry too much hv never seen a yoruba bitter because of super eagles despite the fact our boys was marginalize but are doing better playing for other countries.

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
Tundeobama:

Bring any of your old star who can compete with olu jacobs or new generation funke and omotola.
Highest grossing films in cinemas 2016-2018 we dominated having 80 percent.
you people cry too much hv never seen a yoruba bitter because of super eagles despite the fact our boys was marginalize but are doing better playing for other countries.
You most be dumb compering Olu Jecobs to Pete Edochie or Omotola to Genevieve Nnaji, Stephanie Okereke or Rita Dominic, Super celebrities across African boycotted AMVC yesterday, they saw it coming grin

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Cation(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2018
MTN SME data .....Its fast and reliable with 90days validity.

1 gig @ #750

2 gig @ #1350

3 gig @ #2100

5 gig @ #3200

Contact me on whatsapp, sms or phone call zero eight one three eight seven two five five three eight. Your data starts working after transfer is received.
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by fratermathy(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Asaba is not East

Asaba is not in the East. It is in the South-South Region. Cartographically, it is in Western Nigerian, rather than Eastern Nigeria.

Half of a Yellow Sun was not produced, funded or directed by Igbos. It is based a novel written by an Igbo but as a movie, it has a life of its own.

Before you misunderstand the point I made initially, let me clarify what I meant when I said AMVCA nominated cinema films, not low budget flicks made by Alaba Market goons. The point here is that many of the movies produced and directed by Igbos are directed to home viewership and made for immediate profit/business and they are, therefore, of low quality if you compare them with cinema films which are of high quality. There are many Igbos also making cinema movies but we can agree that this section is dominated mainly by Yorubas.

P.S: I am neither Yoruba nor Igbo so don't think I am being ethnocentric here.

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ofemannnu: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=TundeBricklayer post=70827922][/quote]

Yorubas have led in law,medicine,engineering etç for more than 40 years and are still leading...

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You forgot South east leads in Examination malpractice? South East is safe heaven for all kinds of examinations malpractice and cheating. I did my WAEC in the East too.
Nigerian Film Entertainment was founded by the Yorubas. #Fact it later turned to Nollywood.
Nollywood was founded in Lagos by Nigerians and the biggest name were still Yoruba and it was divided to Yoruba and Hausa and later Igbo came.

Igbo has not founded anything in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ofemannnu: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=TundeBricklayer post=70827922][/quote]

Stop comparing nation with hamlet ...

Best young scientists in the black world..

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ambber(f): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Harrynight:
grin

But that Phoebe Ruguru of 18 Hour
Winner Best Movie East Africa
Winner Best Overall Movie

Her dress sense for that kind of occasion is Zero

What did she wear please? Anyone with a photo?
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
fratermathy:

Asaba is not in the East. It is in the South-South Region. Cartographically, it is in Western Nigerian, rather than Eastern Nigeria.

Half of a Yellow Sun was not produced, funded or directed by Igbos. It is based a novel written by an Igbo but as a movie, it has a life of its own.

Before you misunderstand the point I made initially, let me clarify what I meant when I said AMVCA nominated cinema films, not low budget flicks made by Alaba Market goons. The point here is that many of the movies produced and directed by Igbos are directed to home viewership and made for immediate profit/business and they are, therefore, of low quality if you compare them with cinema films which are of high quality. There are many Igbos also making cinema movies but we can agree that this section is dominated mainly by Yorubas.

P.S: I am neither Yoruba nor Igbo so don't think I am being ethnocentric here.
Why will you agree your tribes ? We know how you guys operate, Asaba is a typical Igbo city, you can treck from Onitsha to Asaba, language commonly speak in Asaba is Igbo, stop fooling yourself.

76 film directed by Izu Ojukwu Budget for ₦600 million ($3 million)

Ijé" - 59.8 million naira Directed by Chineze Anyaene,

Last Flight to Abuja budgeted #40 million, produce and directed by Obi Emelonye

The Mirror Boy, directed by Obi Emelonye Budget £250,000

Onye Ozi produced and directed by Obi Emelonye #37 million

Osuofia in London is a 2003 Nigerian comedy film produced and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and starring Nkem Owoh. The film is one of the highest selling Nollywood films in history

Igbos dominant cinemas in Nigeria, Genesis cinemas, film house are owned by Igbos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Panther: How Africans In America Dressed To Go See The Movie / TVC News Resumes Broadcasting (Photos) / BBNaija: Tacha's Knuckles And Face That Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.