Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (60022 Views)

Academy Awards - Oscars 2022 (Full List Of Winners) / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMAA 2018: Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Chieftroller(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
OTayobami post =70822478:

You be fool o���
grin

1 Share

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Drchristian:

You forgot South east leads in Examination malpractice? South East is safe heaven for all kinds of examinations malpractice and cheating. I did my WAEC in the East too.
Nigerian Film Entertainment was founded by the Yorubas. #Fact it later turned to Nollywood.
Nollywood was founded in Lagos by Nigerians and the biggest name were still Yoruba and it was divided to Yoruba and Hausa and later Igbo came.

Igbo has not founded anything in Nigeria.
Southwest lead in exam malpractices
Forthe zonal Exam Ethics Golden States, it said FCT,
Yobe, Kano, Abia, Oyo and Edo States ranked number
one in Exam Ethics Index in their various zones to
emerge the leader in their respective geopolitical
zones.
The group regretted the fact that 18 out of every 100
people that participated in examinations in Nigeria
last year were indicted for malpractices, which it said
were a cause for serious concern, despite slight
improvement registered between 2011 and 2012.
The statistics also showed that Bayelsa State has the
highest number of de-recognised schools(13),
followed by Delta (12), Ondo (eight), Kaduna (seven),
Cross River (seven), Imo (seven), Plateau (six), Rivers
(six) Kogi (five) Lagos (five) Nasarawa (five), Sokoto
(four) and Anambra (four). No school was de-
recognised in Taraba, Ebonyi, Borno, Niger, Adamawa,
FCT and Yobe.
It indicated that South-south has the highest number
of de-registered schools (35.1 percent), followed by
South-west (19.3 per cent), North-central (15.7
percent), North-west (15 percent), South-east (13.2
percent), and North East (1.7 percent).
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by makapella(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
fratermathy:

Asaba is not in the East!

Many of the movies that won awards are cinema movies, not low-budget flicks sponsored by Alaba Market goons.
so igbo people don't do cinema movies abi?? Most of those Rok productions are way better sef..

Infact,let me not stress myself today.. Enjoy your sunday
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Stop comparing nation with hamlet ...

Best young scientists in the black world..
I will take you serious if I see any Yoruba that beat this records

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Yomit71(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
anything that doesnt allow proud Igbo people to shout Igbo amaka always make them cry. what a shame

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Stop comparing nation with hamlet ...

Best young scientists in the black world..
I will take you serious if I see any Yoruba that beat this guys in ICT

Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe (MBA, PhD)

Founder & Chairman FASMICRO Group
Dr Ekekwe holds two doctoral and four master's degrees including a PhD in electrical & computer engineering from the Johns Hopkins University, USA and MBA from University of Calabar, Nigeria. He obtained BEng from Federal University of Technology, Owerri where he graduated as his class best student. A US semiconductor industry veteran, his working experiences include Diamond Bank, Analog Devices Corp and NNPC. In Analog Devices, he worked in the team that designed a generation XL for the iPhone and he created the company's first wafer level chip scale package for inertial sensor. He blogs at Harvard Business Review, and previously served in the United States National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center E&grin Committee for four years. Prof Ekekwe is a Co-Chairman/President of JPL Financial, a California-based financial advisory firm. An inventor, author, he held professorships in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Babcock University, and Carnegie Mellon University electrical/computer engineering. He is the recipient of IGI Global 2010 "Book of the Year" Award. He is also a TED Fellow, "IBM Global Entrepreneur" and World Economic Forum "Young Global Leader".

Dr. Ekekwe is a selection board member of the $100 Million Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program and Chairman of FASMICRO Group which is a holding company that controls his family businesses.

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by adebaba5: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
oshe11:
I don't normally do this but its OBVIOUS THE IGBOS ARE BEING SIDELINED
U guys and ur conspiracy theories, in Nigeria, the igbos are being sidelined, the whole of Africa are also sidelining the igbos.
na the whole world remain now

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Yungkid101(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
makapella:
Where is Crazeclown?? undecided
Lemme quickly say this,im not igbo neither im i related to them cos dem still dey find Biafra but the truth is that they have done a lot to improve the movie industry..

The funding,zeal,creativity and the market in general screams "igbo" so i dont see why those nominations are mostly Yoruba..

Or are you telling me that igbo people dont do good movies?? For crying out loud,those guys revolutinalized the industry and made it what it is today..They all started in the east,Asaba to be specific..

Let me not cry more than the bereaved sha..
True talk
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by fratermathy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Why will you agree your tribes ? We know how you guys operate, Asaba is a typical Igbo city, you can treck from Onitsha to Asaba, language commonly speak in Asaba is Igbo, stop fooling yourself.

76 film directed by Izu Ojukwu Budget for ₦600 million ($3 million)

Ijé" - 59.8 million naira Directed by Chineze Anyaene,

Last Flight to Abuja budgeted #40 million, produce and directed by Obi Emelonye

The Mirror Boy, directed by Obi Emelonye Budget £250,000

Onye Ozi produced and directed by Obi Emelonye #37 million

Osuofia in London is a 2003 Nigerian comedy film produced and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and starring Nkem Owoh. The film is one of the highest selling Nollywood films in history

Igbos dominant cinemas in Nigeria, Genesis cinemas, film house are owned by Igbos

I am a Deltan and I don't think you know my state more than me. Asaba is in Western Nigeria cartographically and in South-South Nigeria geo-politically. Whatever they speak or do in Asaba is another discourse entirely and that wasn't what prompted my initial comment.

Have the films you mentioned, which were rightly made by Igbo directors/producers, not won AMVC awards in the past? A simple Google search would do. That Yorubas make more cinema movies does not mean that Igbos do not. The rationale for my initial comment was that the commentator implied that Igbos are marginalised by AMVC because they seemingly make more movies and I clarified that Igbos make more Alaba market movies than cinema films and that is the truth. The facts are there for you to see.

Urhobos, Binis, Ibibios, etc, also make movies and none of them won any awards. Why do the Igbos feel winning is their entitlement? Its not even as if Igbos didn't win any award in this year's AMVC. This persecutory delusion of the Igbos also affects their political perception of themselves in the nation without realising that there are those who have it worse and are still surviving without barking like rabid lunatics.

5 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by fratermathy(m): 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
makapella:
so igbo people don't do cinema movies abi?? Most of those Rok productions are way better sef..

Infact,let me not stress myself today.. Enjoy your sunday

And can you quote where I said Igbos don't make cinema movies? That Yorubas make more doesn't imply that Igbos do not make at all. Its a question of quality, not just even quantity. There are 1000 Igbo movies in the next movie retailer's shop but go to any cinema now and you will find more movies produced and directed by Yorubas. Its simple mathematics. Igbo producers want to make immediate profit and the home video is the way to go. When making home videos, they don't invest too much in cast, crew, effects, and output. This will allow them maximise profit. Even ROK studios, although much better than Alaba market goons, still makes plenty low-budget movies. However, you would hardly see abysmal movies in a cinema because the producers and directors know what is at stake should they goof.

Everything must not be tribalistic. Igbos are good in many things, including movies. However, as far as making cinematic films go, Yorubas take the lead.

3 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by TundeBricklayer: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
fratermathy:

I am a Deltan and I don't think you know my state more than me. Asaba is in Western Nigeria cartographically and in South-South Nigeria geo-politically. Whatever they speak or do in Asaba is another discourse entirely and that wasn't what prompted my initial comment.

Have the films you mentioned, which were rightly made by Igbo directors/producers, not won AMVC awards in the past? A simple Google search would do. That Yorubas make more cinema movies does not mean that Igbos do not. The rationale for my initial comment was that the commentator implied that Igbos are marginalised by AMVC because they seemingly make more movies and I clarified that Igbos make more Alaba market movies than cinema films and that is the truth. The facts are there for you to see.

Urhobos, Binis, Ibibios, etc, also make movies and none of them won any awards. Why do the Igbos feel winning is their entitlement? Its not even as if Igbos didn't win any award in this year's AMVC. This persecutory delusion of the Igbos also affects their political perception of themselves in the nation without realising that there are those who have it worse and are still surviving without barking like rabid lunatics.
I have checked and realized you are Urhobo, no wonder, your side might be west, Asaba is eastern Nigeria typical Igbo city
https://asaba.com/about/
Asaba is believed to have derived its origin from a conglomeration of mostly three different ancestral lineages:

Ugboma is considered to be the first settler in what later became Ahaba and subsequently Asaba.

Ezeanyanwu, another settler was said to have hailed from the royal line Of Ezechima, the legendary ancestor of numerous settlements east of the Niger and environ.

However, the history of modern Asaba is always traced back to its most famous citizen, Nnebisi. Nnebisi, the son of Diaba, an early settler. Nnebisi in Ibo language means: mother is supreme.Nnebisi’s mother was from the village of Agbakuba in Nteje in the broad Anambra Region, east of the River Niger and beyond.
Shortly after his birth, Nnebisi’s mother took him back to Nteje. As young Nnebisi was growing up among his mother’s family he started noticing that he was being treated differently from everybody else around him. He also noticed that there were certain things he was not allowed to do. When he inquired why; he was told that it was because Nteje was not his true home town. So he immediately decided to embark on a journey to find out his true home. Nnebisi embarked on this legendary search for the lost ‘Father Land’ on a narrow long boat and an herbal medicine pot – a charm given to him by a village medicine man in Nteje. This medicine was supposed to guard him and guarantee his safe arrival to his purported homeland. Nnebisi was supposed to carry this pot on his head and this magical pot was supposed to fall off Nnebisi’s Head at the site of his ancestral homeland.

The pot fell and crashed at the present day Cable point off the shores of the River Niger by the great Onishe rocks – a shrine of the mythical goddess – the Onishe of Ahaba. Ahaba was an exclamation and an Ibo phrase ‘Ahabam!’In Igbo language, it means ‘ I have appropriately chosen’. This is where Ahaba got its name. The name Was later changed to Asaba during the British colonial occupation of Nigeria. Nnebisi Married two wives and his household flourished to absorb the household of the other earlier settlers. He had three
Children with his first wife, Ujom: Onne (male) Ezeumune (male) and Ojife (female). His second wife also had a son called Iyagba. Iyagba’s offspring’s were part of the lost seed.
Eze anyanwu, Ugboma, Odikpe and Obodo Achala were all part of the original settlers In Ahaba. The others are the 5 grandsons Of Nnebisi – Ezenei, Ugbomanta, Agu, Ajaji and Onaje in that order.
All created the Original 9 quarters in Ahaba – “Ahaba ebo ite’nani “The Five grandsons of Nnebisi will later grow to absorb most of the earlier settlers and therefore make up the present Five quarters In Asaba.

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by rock003: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
Mariinee:
What did Odunlade Adekola win?

Best Actor in a Comedy Movie "A MILLION BABY"
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Ofemannnu: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

I will take you serious if I see any Yoruba that beat this guys in ICT

Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe (MBA, PhD)

Founder & Chairman FASMICRO Group
Dr Ekekwe holds two doctoral and four master's degrees including a PhD in electrical & computer engineering from the Johns Hopkins University, USA and MBA from University of Calabar, Nigeria. He obtained BEng from Federal University of Technology, Owerri where he graduated as his class best student. A US semiconductor industry veteran, his working experiences include Diamond Bank, Analog Devices Corp and NNPC. In Analog Devices, he worked in the team that designed a generation XL for the iPhone and he created the company's first wafer level chip scale package for inertial sensor. He blogs at Harvard Business Review, and previously served in the United States National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center E&grin Committee for four years. Prof Ekekwe is a Co-Chairman/President of JPL Financial, a California-based financial advisory firm. An inventor, author, he held professorships in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Babcock University, and Carnegie Mellon University electrical/computer engineering. He is the recipient of IGI Global 2010 "Book of the Year" Award. He is also a TED Fellow, "IBM Global Entrepreneur" and World Economic Forum "Young Global Leader".

Dr. Ekekwe is a selection board member of the $100 Million Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program and Chairman of FASMICRO Group which is a holding company that controls his family businesses.

Only Mike Adenuga beats all these comedians you have posted.

What ICT means is information....Yorubas control some of the largest number of advert,radio,television etc establishments in Africa.

What ICT means is also communication...Yorubas control some of the biggest communication establishments in Africa e.g Glo communication,Phase3 communication,Mainone, Omatek computers,Brian computers etc

Yorubas are the leading technologically innovative people in Nigeria and some of the best in Africa as attested to by Forbes with Yoruba taking up all the slots for Nigeria in technology,innovation and even business.
Micheal Akindele is the only Nigerian to have produced phone I.e Solo phone.
Wireless Pressing Iron.Mini tractors helping Nigerian farmers,Mall of Africa,Internet of things etc are a few of the technological prowess of the Yorubas.
They have the highest number of best black mathematicians in the world.
They are the only one in Africa who have gotten 5 youngest PhD holders in the world.Igbos have none.
Yorubas are the only one in Africa who have produced 7 geniuses home and abroad who had gotten 5.0cgp from universities.
.The list goes on and on my bros.
Do not compare hamlet with a nation brah.

https://www.google.com/amp/venturesafrica.com/10-under-30-african-inventors-set-to-change-the-world/amp/

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by OTayobami(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Chieftroller:

grin

Make God punish you
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by kayfra: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
Igbo Amaka grin
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
oshe11:
If conditions were just right — you were in a pool with cool water, and there was NO chlorine in the water, and a fertile male ejaculated very close to a naked and fertile female . . . MAYBE

You can make more research to be convinced

Your theory is false..

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by oshe11: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Spygadgets19:

Your theory is false..
1. There is a condition that make some sperm live longer outside the body....

2. The girl might be closer to the guy

3. It might be in a beach, which isnt chlorinated, hence the sperm wud live longer

4. The sperm's movement will be fast due to water current(movement)
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by makapella(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
fratermathy:

And can you quote where I said Igbos don't make cinema movies? That Yorubas make more doesn't imply that Igbos do not make at all. Its a question of quality, not just even quantity. There are 1000 Igbo movies in the next movie retailer's shop but go to any cinema now and you will find more movies produced and directed by Yorubas. Its simple mathematics. Igbo producers want to make immediate profit and the home video is the way to go. When making home videos, they don't invest too much in cast, crew, effects, and output. This will allow them maximise profit. Even ROK studios, although much better than Alaba market goons, still makes plenty low-budget movies. However, you would hardly see abysmal movies in a cinema because the producers and directors know what is at stake should they goof.

Everything must not be tribalistic. Igbos are good in many things, including movies. However, as far as making cinematic films go, Yorubas take the lead.
you actually made sense..Nice n beautiful points..uv earned my respect
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2018
oshe11:
1. There is a condition that make some sperm live longer outside the body....

2. The girl might be closer to the guy

3. It might be in a beach, which isnt chlorinated, hence the sperm wud live longer

4. The sperm's movement will be fast due to water current(movement)
There are no conditions. Your theory is false.
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by oshe11: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2018
Spygadgets19:
There are no conditions. Your theory is false.
Lol....

Oya "Google boy impregnates 16girls in a pool"
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Greenback: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
Drchristian:

You forgot South east leads in Examination malpractice? South East is safe heaven for all kinds of examinations malpractice and cheating. I did my WAEC in the East too.
Nigerian Film Entertainment was founded by the Yorubas. #Fact it later turned to Nollywood.
Nollywood was founded in Lagos by Nigerians and the biggest name were still Yoruba and it was divided to Yoruba and Hausa and later Igbo came.

Igbo has not founded anything in Nigeria.

What an illiterate!!!

Lzaa immhotep shalomc onyeoga pointzerom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
Greenback:

What an illiterate!!!
Lzaa immhotep shalomc onyeoga pointzerom
Prove me wrong..kip going thru my comments
Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Greenback: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2018
Drchristian:

Indomie generation.. Yorubas are the founding fathers of Nigerian movie entertainment.. and it was the existing protocols in movies "igbos are still using today.

Mental lolssss
That was same way Yorubas formed apc and Hausa Fulani took over and are using you like rags today..
grin grin
Lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners by Greenback: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
Drchristian:

Prove me wrong..kip going thru my comments

Tufuakwa,I dun wunna die of obnoxious gas

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Berbiedoll Christiana Kayode & CY To Be Introduced As New Housemates / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Transformation Of Zambian Woman Brought From Village To Town (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.