Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,401 members, 7,853,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra (25290 Views)

Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by chukwutope: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
troublemakea:

how has Christian brought death n destruction Mr....silence is much better than the trash u spilled there u know?

Oh boy, where shall I start! Let's start with the Spanish Inquisition. Here's a snippet from Wikipedia:

The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition (Spanish: Tribunal del Santo Oficio de la Inquisición), commonly known as the Spanish Inquisition (Inquisición española), was established in 1478 by Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. It was intended to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms and to replace the Medieval Inquisition, which was under Papal control. It became the most substantive of the three different manifestations of the wider Catholic Inquisition along with the Roman Inquisition and Portuguese Inquisition. The "Spanish Inquisition" may be defined broadly, operating "in Spain and in all Spanish colonies and territories, which included the Canary Islands, the Spanish Netherlands, the Kingdom of Naples, and all Spanish possessions in North, Central, and South America.

According to modern estimates, around 150,000 were prosecuted for various offenses during the three centuries of duration of the Spanish Inquisition, out of which between 3,000 and 5,000 were executed.

Look at the destruction wrought in Africa! Every country in this rich continent has been robbed bare and its rich culture completely erased by either Christianity or Islam.

I don't talk nonsense brother. I will back up what I say with scientific facts - not quotes from a Bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by troublemakea(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
tstx:

Then you know nothing about what is happening in the world.

Really? even xi jinping cannot tell his citizens that

Us is far ahead than the last 5 years you checked is it about economy, military or dominance?

do urself good to check China's current 2018 budget & check that of US and teach urself some sense cheesy
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by tishbite41(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
NobodyKnows:
China is not accepting your nonsense. So Bleep off
so y are u worried?
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Soulsymbol99: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
Fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Naijacitizen(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
Are you guy trying to balance the report which was said some Chinese converted to Islam in Jos few months ago?
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by hopefulLandlord: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
theoldpretender:

Europe's industrial revolution happened from 1750...and even before then, there were scientific discoveries when Europe was very religious.
Europe was still religious till the early 20th century.

Read my post again bro. I said they got better when they stopped taking religion seriously. I didn't say they got better when they stopped being religious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by TruthinAction: 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
kolnel:
lol
What will Christ do for China
It will only take them back
Religion is outdated
What has modern day Christianity done for Nigeria apart from enriching the pastors
China is doing well without religion confusions

Christ is the reason you are enjoying relative peace in Nigeria. If there was no Christianity, you will not be alive today.

By the way, you are not afraid to speak against the one who has your life in his palms. Don't gamble with your life. Receive him now as your Lord and personal Saviour or meet him as your Judge.
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by theoldpretender(m): 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
kolnel:
lol
What will Christ do for China
It will only take them back
Religion is outdated
What has modern day Christianity done for Nigeria apart from enriching the pastors
China is doing well without religion confusions

America is doing well...and they have a lot of religious people.

The reason why China, America and others do well,and Nigeria does not is that Nigeria is blessed with so much resources, we only use them as a means of export revenue.

We don't think that we can use our resuorces to make goods the world needs. Instead,we sell and sell....and use the money to import and import....at a cost far more than we earned from exporting.

We can all become atheist tomorrow...and if we still have the above mentality....nothing will change.
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by troublemakea(m): 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
chukwutope:

Oh boy, where shall I start! Let's start with the Spanish Inquisition. Here's a snippet from Wikipedia:

Look at the destruction wrought in Africa! Every country in this rich continent has been robbed bare and its rich culture completely erased by either Christianity or Islam.

I don't talk nonsense brother. I will back up what I say with scientific facts - not quotes from a Bible.

i get you bro but about christianity ion think hv brought death on the world coz hv never seen pple use bible to kill other people due to some misquoted verses or God's command

tho a Christian hv killed and may hv done that in mass but it'd be according to his personal psychology or interest

i'm not saying you're wrong that religion has brought death but I just dont think Christianity is among
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by TruthinAction: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
I pray for the salvation of China in the name of Jesus. I pray that they will come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus in the name of Jesus. I pray that the whole earth will be filled with the glory of God that shines through Jesus in the mighty name of Jesus.
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by hopefulLandlord: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
TruthinAction:

Christ is the reason you are enjoying relative peace in Nigeria. If there was no Christianity, you will not be alive today.
You're regurgitating the lies your pastors told you

Chinese and Japanese don't have Christianity and they're alive and kicking but don't let facts get in the way of your lies

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by musicwriter(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2018
China ships electronic goods to us, while we ship religion to them? You can be rest assured the Chinese government is going to question these converts and would reset their brain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by theoldpretender(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Read my post again bro. I said they got better when they stopped taking religion seriously. I didn't say they got better when they stopped being religious.

How can you be 'religious' and not take religion seriously?

Okay....
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Kingspin(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
His statement didnt offend anybody.

Is far better than bomber religion.
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by chukwutope: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
troublemakea:

i get you bro but about christianity ion think hv brought death on the world coz hv never seen pple use bible to kill other people due to some misquoted verses or God's command

tho a Christian hv killed and may hv done that in mass but it'd be according to his personal psychology or interest

i'm not saying you're wrong that religion has brought death but I just dont think Christianity is among

Here's another modern example. The natives of the North American continent are called Native Americans or Red Indians. The Europeans landed along with their missionaries and wiped out the entire race from a vast continent!

For those who live or have visited either America, Canada or Mexico, answer this question - have you ever met a native american? (Not saying they don't exist, but their population has been reduced to an insignificant number. And all this was done in the name of Christ).

If Jesus were alive, he'd probably kill himself vowing never to resurrect himself on this wretched planet with such evil people.

1 Like

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by hopefulLandlord: 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
theoldpretender:

How can you be 'religious' and not take religion seriously?

Okay....

Good question. when they took religion seriously they went through witch burning, claiming their problems are spiritual in nature. they fall on their knees to pray for solutions to their problems amongst others

When they stopped taking religion seriously they took it more like a cultural thing, a community thing but seeker practical solutions to their problems and they've been better for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by troublemakea(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
chukwutope:

Here's another modern example. The natives of the North American continent are called Native Americans or Red Indians. The Europeans landed along with their missionaries and wiped out the entire race from a vast continent!

For those who live or have visited either America, Canada or Mexico, answer this question - have you ever met a native american? (Not saying they don't exist, but their population has been reduced to an insignificant number. And all this was done in the name of Christ)

If Jesus were alive, he'd probably kill himself vowing never to resurrect himself on this wretched planet with such evil people.

this story is totally wrong bud
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Dalam0n: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
China doesn't need any Jewish mythological and fictional character. They are very fine without Christ. They have their strong traditional mythologies to hang onto. They don't need any foreign mythology.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by chukwutope: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
troublemakea:

this story is totally wrong bud

What is wrong? Can you back it up with facts? I'm open to hearing a different view point without attacking the person speaking. A dignified debate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by AreaFada2: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
Standardcosting:
Total Bullshit

They don't need trinity that will confuse them

All they need is oneness of God

China will not allow that nonsense. They have worked hard to be where they are now and gain respect across the world. You think they make Lenovo, Infinix, Tecno, industrial machines and everything else through miracle and prayers? They'll never throw all that away to become just another beggar country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by gabe: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
they are doing just fine without him...

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
chukwutope:
Chinese are mostly atheists or Buddhists - both are a lot superior to Abrahmic cults like Judaism, Christianity and Islam. These three religions have caused so much death and destruction and human misery, it is not even funny.

how did Christianity cause death to the world abi na them the bomb church
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
GavelSlam:

But does our inordinate human need allow us interprete our holy books with sincerity?

Can you say we are more loving in Nigeria than in Norway?

Definitely a BIG NO, to the latter!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by jantavanta(m): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
Why is it in Nigeria they are looking for "Christ" that the Europeans dumped on us? Why can't they go to Europe? They are looking for something else that our eyes cannot value, using the typical European colonial style of missionary pretence.

The world is using every style to acquire Africa's natural resources. Even Russia is now staking DRC (Congo).

Macron visits , then Theresa May, then Angela Merkel then some Chinese asking for our confusion in place of their Confucius. Something is happening.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by uzoronwusa: 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Wow.see the number of naysayers.it appears nairaland is 80®% Antichrist. Jesus is Lord. no controversy!
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by vaxx: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
This is a simpler illustration of Judaism, christain and Muslim. I am afraid the Muslim dude should not stand from bowing , if he do, only you knows what will happen next.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by CodeTemplar: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
So China can turn to another nigeria grin
China too has problems. People like to blame Christianity for Nigeria's problem but leave occult folks alone. I wonder if such people aren't from occult a times.
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by chukwutope: 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hizzy:
how did Christianity cause death to the world abi na them the bomb church

Persecution by the Church. Read my earlier comment on some examples.

Here's another example from our own continent:

King Leopold II's new private colony became a massive labour camp, where he made a fortune for himself from the harvest of its wild rubber, and was responsible for the death of millions - estimates vary from 5 million to 13 million people. Anyone who failed to bring enough rubber for agents was killed. Those who failed to pay their taxes were condemned to slavery.

The system was maintained by the Force Publique. Officers were white, all Christian, overwhelmingly Catholic. Other ranks were black, many from distant peoples of the upper Congo. Others had been kidnapped during the raids on villages in their childhood and brought to Roman Catholic missions, where they received military training in conditions close to slavery.

Officers were keen not to waste costly ammunition, so soldiers were required to prove that each bullet had been used properly. This equated to proving that each bullet had been used to kill a human being. In practice, chopping off a right hand was regarded as sufficient proof. The idea of using a token body part to prove death was well established. Jews in the bible cut off and counted the foreskins of their enemies. Europeans rat catchers claimed financial rewards for each rat tail they produced). This system was open to further abuse, and soldiers realised that they could practice their favourite sport - shooting monkeys - and as long as they brought back a human right hand for each used bullet, their officers would be perfectly happy.

In some instances a soldier could shorten his service term by bringing more hands than the other soldiers, which led to widespread mutilations and dismemberment. Multiple mutilation was practised, people having both hands chopped off or an arm and a foot chopped off. Even children were mutilated - the size of the limb did not matter.

None of the Catholic officers seems to have noticed anything wrong in all this. Neither did any of the Catholic missionaries favoured by the king's administration. As Peter Forbath noted

The baskets of severed hands, set down at the feet of the European post commanders, became the symbol of the Congo Free State. ... The collection of hands became an end in itself. Force Publique soldiers brought them to the stations in place of rubber; they even went out to harvest them instead of rubber... They became a sort of currency. They came to be used to make up for shortfalls in rubber quotas, to replace... the people who were demanded for the forced labour gangs; and the Force Publique soldiers were paid their bonuses on the basis of how many hands they collected1.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by Emycord: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Standardcosting:
Total Bullshit

They don't need trinity that will confuse them

All they need is oneness of God
shut up make do with the one that married in the north
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by kokomilala(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
Paul told people of the then centre of learning in Greece.:..to those that are perishing the message of the cross is foolishness, but to us who are being saved, it is God's power unto salvation.
Further, he questioned the so called wisdom of Greece and said God would use the foolish things of the world to confound the much-vaunted wisdom of the wise.
Man cannot edit God out of his life. We can't have an absolutely secular world, where God will be detached permanently.
Those claiming Europe is doing better without God should know that these people are scared of what is coming on the world.
Didn't God render the wisdom of Japan useless with the Tsunami of 2011,that cost her 50 nuclear power plants? That disaster cost her about 200 billion USD. And, it fully displaced her as the second best economy in the world.
Where is the wisdom of this age? At best, man's wisdom is foolishness before God.

Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by lanaVello1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:

Fire

Sigh...
Isn't that the fate prescribed by the christian folks?
Re: ‘Pray For China To Receive Christ’ - Chinese Converts Declare In Anambra by QDubz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
We that have accepted christ, what is our gain?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“Most ‘Miracles’ You See On TV Or Crusades Are Staged” – Fr. Kelvin Ugwu / Pastor 'Heals' A Mad Man In Imo During Monthly Vigil (Photos) / Leke Adeboye Places IG Account On Private After Attempting To Resurrect Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.