Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas (39750 Views)

"You Can Win Two Prizes, The Grand Prize And Me” – BBN Sheggz Tells Bella / Rita Dominic Named The Queen Of Amvcas Red Carpet / Paul Okoye Announces New Artiste To His Rudeboy Records Label (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by dammy13(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Falz will now go down in history as the first Nigerian artiste to win two major movie awards.

The rapper won his second acting honour on Saturday at the sixth edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA), which held in EKO Hotel and Suites, Lagos.

Falz first bagged the award in 2016 for his role in TV drama series, Jenifa’s Diary.

The University of Reading-trained lawyer won the second award for his role in ‘New Money’. He won for the Best Supporting Actor.

Real name Folarin Falana, the entertainer is the son of Femi Falana, popular lawyer and human rights activist.

Some of the movies he has featured in include ‘Couple of Days’, ’10 Days in Sun City’, ‘Muna’, ‘Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons’.

Nollywood stars, Odunlade Adekola and Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, also won their first AMVCA trophies.

Adekola, who is popularly called the king of memes, was nominated for his role in ‘A Million Baby’.

Jalade-Ekeinde was nominated for her role in ‘Alter Ego’.

http://kikiotolu.com/falz-becomes-first-nigerian-artiste-to-win-two-amvcas/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2018
Congrats to him!

This is Nigeria. Falz is a criminal.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by OboOlora(f): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2018
Odunlade deserves all the award he has ever been nominated for. Dude is the new meaning for ‘talented’

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by SirToothBrush: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2018
You need to listen to Falz in the song Boogie
Boy can flow perfect

Can I get with ya ?
Shey you wann dey dull or are you trynna get richer
Big boy toast you you suppose to get ginger
I get that deep stroke wey dey make a girl shiver

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by MooreJozo(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2018
congrats

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Nedfed(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2018
Results of hard-working
Double double bless shall we also receive in this EMBER months (Amen).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by akeentech(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2018
How does that benefit me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by lemonys(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2018
Congratulations
Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by purityval(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2018
His performance yesterday knocked me off mehn. Dude is good, congrats bahd guy.

21 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by ogakizito(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2018
spy link in my signature
Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by bashir1451(m): 11:54am On Sep 02, 2018
That Meme guy is Super Talented

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by jy2kbeyond(m): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2018
SirToothBrush:
You need to listen to Falz in the song Boogie
Boy can flow perfect

Guy i love that song die, sir Dauda really tried too tongue tongue tongue

Egba penalty lo throw-in she ka enlarge goal post grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Adekola, the king of memes was recognised this time grin Congrats to him.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by thesicilian: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2018
Good one

1 Like

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by kindnyce(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
Got nothing to say but CONGRATZ tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Wiinnd(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
In Falz's voice " Which musician do you know das aving 2 AMVCA"? grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Nbote(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
D guy is an all rounder.. I'm trying to imagine him doing rap without d funny accent and comic lines.. Dude go pursue other rappers comot for market

6 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
I wonder what this fuss is about Dude is acting or do you expect Tekno who hasn’t featured in any movie to win it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by kfrosh: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
Odey! What's your achievement in life. grin
PRESENTATION:
I wonder what this fuss is about Dude is acting or do you expect Tekno who hasn’t featured in any movie to win it undecided

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
kfrosh:
Odey! What's your achievement in life. grin

Comprehension is your problem, I don’t have any issues with him winning. This is not about achievements, he’s getting nominated for roles he played, so why does the headline keep popping out like this

I hope you understand now ?

Btw I don’t have any achievement in life, my life is wasted and fcked up.

What are your achievements and how has it helped Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by ukehnonny: 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
cheesy
Lord I want to be like Banky and Falz.
Chop from music chop from movie.
Give me one hit Lord.
Cobhams Asuquo.

Mehn those Kenyans got no chill,
Just be packing most awards.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by lanaVello1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
PRESENTATION:

Comprehension is your problem, I don’t have any issues with him winning. This is not about achievements, he’s getting nominated for roles he played, so why does the headline keep popping out like this

I hope you understand now ?

Btw I don’t have any achievement in life, my life is wasted and fcked up.

What are your achievements and how has it helped Nigeria
It's actually about achievements because there were other nominees,so him getting the award is a win for him. Also,he's not the only rapper into multi-spheres of entertainment hence the fuss.

4 Likes

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by itiswellandwell: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
Falz is just too good. Always dey gbadun him style. Was watching his " The full interview" on YouTube somedays ago. Mheeennn! I laugh die. Go watch am if you never watch am. Congrats Bro. More wins are on the way cos you deserve them!

Cheap s6 edge plus. Check my signature.
Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by YurFatHer: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
ok
Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Proffdada: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
Some bad Belle go start to yarn dust say the award is tribalistic grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by Weaponx: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
Re: Falz Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Win Two Amvcas by ola12(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
comedy + acting + music. Dude's the real definition of multitalented.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Booked Till 2021 (For 3 Years) / Femi Adebayo, His Father And His Brothers Celebrate Eid Mubarak / DJ Cuppy Hangs Out With The Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.