Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com (32211 Views)

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects / USA Imposes New Travel Restrictions On Nigeria And Five Countries / 9 Countries With The Highest Number Of Nuclear Warheads In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Immaculatemave: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
Monaco and hong kong are actually sovereign states under france and china respectively.so they ve got their own constitution and govt
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by AbujaBlue: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
Wikipedia is your friend:

Monaco, officially the Principality of Monaco (French: Principauté de Monaco), is a sovereign city-state, country and microstate on the French Riviera in Western Europe. France borders the country on three sides while the other side borders the Mediterranean Sea. Monaco is also located close to Italy, although it has no direct border. Monaco has an area of 2.020 km2 (0.780 sq mi) and a population of about 38,400, according to the last census of 2016.[6] With 19,009 inhabitants per km², it is the second-smallest and most densely-populated sovereign state in the world. Monaco has a land border of 5.47 km (3.40 mi),[6] a coastline of 3.83 km (2.38 mi), and a width that varies between 1,700 and 349 m (1,859 and 382 yd).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by muhsain299(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
The List isn't correct Where do you keep Countries like Liberia,Congo,Somalia,Ethiopia

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by naturalwaves: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
Digitalwitch:

You get sense my broda.
Thanks jare. Don't mind the poorly written article. Out of all the countries, the writer did not even see better countries that are regular aside Monaco that people debate if it is a country or not. No pictures, nothing. The blogosphere needs to be cleared of vanity blogging from useless and half baked writers.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by 01mcfadden(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
Freshbank:
Is Monaco a country?
I thought Monaco is in France....
Monaco is an independent principality.
It's situated very close to France and reason its club plays in French Ligue one.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Elliot2(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
Digitalwitch:

You get sense my broda.
two of una no get sense. there is omo nile kind of activities in every state of nigeria.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by mfm04622: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheOtherRoom:
I know Nigeria will not make this list
Nigeria has improved tremendously since M Lifeless became president

Lol!!!!

This list is an opinion of a blogger! No investigation was carried out. I know enemies of Nigeria will jump on this. So if they tell you Nigeria has the worst housing situation in Africa, you will believe? So countries like Haiti have better housing than Nigeria? Lol!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Welrez(m): 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by murmee: 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
naturalwaves:
The write up is not true. How many places in Nigeria do people pay " omo onile" or pay twice for a piece of land? I have seen worse countries than Nigeria. Lagos may be a bit congested but other places are spacious with cheap accommodation. Useless article!
My dear, Lagos is not a bit congested. Lagos is saturated. It is overwhelmed!
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by bluefilm: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
wizod:
put the sentence in order please

Punctuate your sentence correctly first, please.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Asiri1991: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
But we do not have housing system, to start with.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
MissCokie:
When we say housing system, we mean the organization of housing matters in a geographical location.

These five countries top our list of locations in the world with bad housing system. Our selection criteria include housing density, affordability, and health conduciveness.

Without further delay, join me on a ride far into the truth behind the curtain. kiss

1. Monaco

This is the country with the highest population density in the world about 25,718 people per sq. km. A surprising fact is that 1 in 50 people living in this country is worth more than $30 million. How then does this wealthy country get listed in our top5 countries with bad housing system?

The Financial Times published a news June 28, 2018, stating that young Monegasques can’t afford to buy or rent properties in the country. The price of properties here is about three times the average for New York City in the United States.

2. Rwanda

Due to the low availability of land in Rwanda, many times, the government will have to clear a settlement for commercial project forcing the occupant to cheap housing estates. Things must be really bad in here.

3. Hong Kong

That cannot be possible, might be your next line phrase, but hold on first?, i believe you would like to know why?.

The Asian country with the largest wealth gap was also lucky to make our list too. Hong Kong is renown for its Cage Homes because most of its citizen cannot afford to buy house and land, and there is a low availability of land too.

4. Bangladesh

Most lands in Bangladesh is covered in rivers and lakes. It is predominantly a rural country with more than 70 percent of its citizen living around 80,000 villages. Where did the remaining population live? In the 525 urban centers in the state! For people who might love living in an expensive village, Bangladesh is a good option.

5. Nigeria

The middle class could barely afford to rent and buy a house in Nigeria, not after deducting monthly expenses. The few that could do are constantly faced with the problem of “Omo Onile” , these set of thugs claim commission on land purchased by citizens; lands are purchased twice ― from the landlord, then the thugs.

6. Copyrights: Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/09/02/top5-countries-with-bad-housing-system/

The shithole zoo with a lifeless president MUST be on that list or any of such lists grin
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by naturalwaves: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
murmee:
My dear, Lagos is not a bit congested. Lagos is saturated. It is overwhelmed!
Hahahaha. I see. It is the smallest state in Nigeria and the OP based the whole of Nigeria on just Lagos when there is fresh air and space in other places.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Abidob(m): 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
Monaco na country?
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Boyooosa(m): 12:07am On Sep 03, 2018
bluefilm:
Monaco is a country?
there are some states or cities that are equivalent to countries by status...take that from me

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by 2016v2017: 1:48am On Sep 03, 2018
thesicilian:
Nigeria should not be on this list because we don't have a housing system in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by rickyboss333: 2:13am On Sep 03, 2018
offcourse we will always be top of the class for negativity
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by chukxie(m): 2:46am On Sep 03, 2018
peacengine:

Bro we do. "Omo nile" is Lagos problem

Why can't Omo nile be taken out of the equation? Because we live in a dysfunctional country. That apart, we do not have a government housing system in Nigeria. The private estates mushrooming in places like Abuja, Lekki, Ikoyi, Ajah... are way too expensive for common folks like me to afford. Nigerians are resilient people. Were it not so, people would have been dying like fowl because of unending stress.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Digitalwitch: 3:04am On Sep 03, 2018
Elliot2:
two of una no get sense. there is omo nile kind of activities in every state of nigeria.
You are not correct. First of all omo nile is a Yoruba word an such isn't used in other parts of country. Secondly there are more lands in other parts of Nigeria compare to Lagos. Thirdly , many Nigerians have access to house.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by peacengine(m): 4:46am On Sep 03, 2018
chukxie:

Why can't Omo nile be taken out of the equation? Because we live in a dysfunctional country. That apart, we do not have a government housing system in Nigeria. The private estates mushrooming in places like Abuja, Lekki, Ikoyi, Ajah... are way too expensive for common folks like me to afford. Nigerians are resilient people. Were it not so, people would have been dying like fowl because of unending stress.

Oga u don't know stuff but want to write like a prof. Many went to school but gained nothing. We have two major housing systems here, govt and private. If you go to some states, you will see Federal/state govt built houses where mostly civil servants, military, para military live, also govt build low cost housing estates where people can rent or buy etc. Private housing system is now more popular with us, this happened after OBJ sold most govt owned estates. Plus people build houses for commercial purpose here. In every country there are places where poor or middle class can't afford to live. Omo nile is a result of private housing system. If you wanna live in Ikoyi or Asokoro hustle harder bro & quit believing any blogger with fake list.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Ikpongiton: 7:00am On Sep 03, 2018
is monaco a country ?
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Ikpongiton: 7:06am On Sep 03, 2018
bluefilm:
Monaco is a country?
don't mind the op.monaca is a city in france
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Ikpongiton: 7:11am On Sep 03, 2018
KingKingKing:

monaco is a sovereign nation close to France
lie mohammed
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Ikpongiton: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2018
bluefilm:
Monaco is a country?
monaco though very tiny is actually an independent state. the op is correct
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by CioAngels(f): 7:34am On Sep 03, 2018
thesicilian:
Nigeria should not be on this list because we don't have a housing system in the first place.
You are very correct. Nigerians are occupiers of under the bridges and slumps.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by chukxie(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2018
peacengine:

Oga u don't know stuff but want to write like a prof. Many went to school but gained nothing. We have two major housing systems here, govt and private. If you go to some states, you will see Federal/state govt built houses where mostly civil servants, military, para military live, also govt build low cost housing estates where people can rent or buy etc. Private housing system is now more popular with us, this happened after OBJ sold most govt owned estates. Plus people build houses for commercial purpose here. In every country there are places where poor or middle class can't afford to live. Omo nile is a result of private housing system. If you wanna live in Ikoyi or Asokoro hustle harder bro & quit believing any blogger with fake list.

Thanks for the insult on this beautiful Monday morning! I don't know stuff . Thanks, sir, Mr. Knowall. In all honesty, how many federal/ state built housing estates are there in your state? Juxtapose them with the population of your state then tell me if the estates are sufficient enough for one tenth of your state's population. Do the same for privately owned estates then tell me what number of your state's population can afford to purchase flates/ houses in such estates. Mr. Knowall, how many Nigerians have access to mortgages? How many Nigerians can afford to own houses in locations they truly desire?

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by bluefilm: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2018
Ikpongiton:
monaco though very tiny is actually an independent state. the op is correct

I know.

There are some other smaller states like that.

Take Rome for example.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by Ikpongiton: 8:50am On Sep 03, 2018
bluefilm:

I know.

There are some other smaller states like that.

Take Rome for example.
Rome? I thought that Rome is the capital of italy
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by bluefilm: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2018
Ikpongiton:
Rome? I thought that Rome is the capital of italy

Sorry.

Actually, it is Vatican City which is located in the city of Rome.

The Pope is the President of Vatican City.

Vatican City is the smallest country in the world.
Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by seunny4lif(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Who wrote this crap?
No Ireland on the list?

Nigeria ke

1 Like

Re: Top Five Countries With Bad Housing System In The World: Postingday.com by lakesider(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
Nairaland is anti Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada Ban Begins Today, Lagos Deploys More Boats / Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / Lagos Goes Tough On Traffic Offenders, Cars To Be Forfeited (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.