Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects (39344 Views)

Care Assistant / Healthcare Job: UK Residents / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by MCentral: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2023
New research suggests more immigrants to Canada have chosen to leave in recent years, a threat to a country that relies on immigration to drive population and economic growth.

The rate of immigrants leaving the country, or onward migration, has been steadily increasing since the 1980s and is rising among recent cohorts, suggesting newcomers “may not be seeing the benefits of moving to Canada,” according to a study on immigrant retention by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and the Conference Board of Canada.

The report, published Tuesday, underscored the risks of Canada failing to meet expectations of newcomers, who are facing worsening housing affordability, a strained health-care system and underemployment, among other issues.

It also highlighted how disillusionment among immigrants can slow down progress even in a country that consistently sets fresh records for population gains.

“It’s a reflection on our broader society and more intractable failings that we have. If immigrants are saying ‘no, thanks’ and moving on, that’s a real existential threat to Canada’s prosperity,” Daniel Bernhard, chief executive officer of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship, a pro-immigration advocacy group, said in an interview.

“We need to wake up and recognize that if we don’t deliver, people will leave. And if they leave, we’re in trouble.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government has been using immigration to rapidly add more workers to stave off economic decline from an aging populace.

But record population growth in recent years has led to growing criticism that its policies have exacerbated existing housing shortages and added more pressure on infrastructure and services like health care.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/immigrants-exit-canada-on-poor-housing-healthcare-job-prospects/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by dealhunter(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
If the country no favour you wait for the 3 years. Become a Canadian citizen. Use the passport to move to USA, Singapore, Dubai etc. A colleague from 9ja just moved to the USA with same company. Got a big salary increase. The Canadian passport is still a good deal 😁
You cannot become a Canada citizen in 3 yrs,you can get permanent resident after staying for 2yrs,full citizen with Canada passport after staying for 5yrs,not 3yrs.....

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
dealhunter:
You cannot become a Canada citizen in 3 yrs,you can get permanent resident after staying for 2yrs,full citizen with Canada passport after staying for 5yrs,not 3yrs.....

If you become a PR from Nigeria, citizenship is 3 years.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Hideaki: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
It's only a simpleton that will choose Canada as his place of japa

Nothing is in Canada

Canada went from a country everyone was looking up to in Europe back to some nightmarish WEF post national experiment

Just premium cold , long distance, more bills and loneliness

I rather be in Russia than Canada

Canada is just a glorified Alaska

110 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Kenn55: 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Moving out of Canada to where? This should be the question. Immigrants are moving out of Canada but not back to the shithole or third world country they came from.

They are moving mostly to the US and the reason is obvious. You make more money in the US than Canada and the cost of living is slightly lower in the US than Canada. So once they get the Canadian passport which allows them to work in the US, they move to the US to earn better money. So Canada is losing a lot of talents to the US and unfortunately for Canada they can't compete with the US.

In my own circle of Nigerian professionals, 5 people I know have relocated to the US from Canada to get better money. I have been tempted to move to the US lately. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I turned down an offer to move at the dieing minute as my liver failed me. The reason why I don't want to live in the US is due to gun violence and their toxic politics in the age of Trump otherwise I would have joined that movement. I prefer Canada due to those reasons.

So when they say immigrants are leaving, they are leaving to the US using their Canadian citizenship. Canada bothering the US is both good and bad for them. The good thing is that because of trade with the US, they are 8th world largest economy despite being a country of 39million people but the bad thing is that Canadian citizens being able to work in the US means they will continue to lose talents to the US as the US presents a better option economically for immigrants

171 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
dealhunter:
the way some of you come here to talk rubbish ehn. I came to Canada as a pr in june 2020. I stayed outside canada for a total of 39 days. So by end of July I completely the 3 years. Applied for citizenship and will become a citizen this month.Desist from putting mouth in things you don’t know 🤣

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Kenn55: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
the way some of you come here to talk rubbish ehn. I came to Canada as a pr in june 2020. I stayed outside canada for a total of 39 days. So by end of July I completely the 3 years. Applied for citizenship and will become a citizen this month. This is the email for my oath taking ceremony . Desist from putting mouth in things you don’t know 🤣

Congrats. I became a citizen 2 years ago. I hope you will not jump to the US in search of more money after you collect ya passport grin

10 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
Kenn55:

Congrats. I became a citizen 2 years ago. I hope you will not jump to the US in search of more money after you collect ya passport grin
its a probability. Because my colleagues in USA are earning more. But that gun violence wahala is making me scared. The first time i shot a real gun the smoke residue made me almost vomit. I now hate guns🤣. Just watched a video where neighbour argument over noise ended up in a man and his step son getting killed.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by dealhunter(m): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
ednut1:
the way some of you come here to talk rubbish ehn. I came to Canada as a pr in june 2020. I stayed outside canada for a total of 39 days. So by end of July I completely the 3 years. Applied for citizenship and will become a citizen this month.Desist from putting mouth in things you don’t know 🤣
You are the one talking rubbish here,I did not mention people with PR from Nigeria,the answer is for those who enter Canada as a student or visit Visa....

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by dealhunter(m): 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

If you become a PR from Nigeria, citizenship is 3 years.
the answer is for those with a student or visit Visa....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
dealhunter:
the answer is for those with a student or visit Visa....

Visit visa has no path to PR or citizenship except you can find a job or marry a citizen.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by dealhunter(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Visit visa has no path to PR or citizenship except you can find a job or marry a citizen.
You are very correct bro ....

6 Likes

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by ednut1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
dealhunter:
You are the one talking rubbish here,I did not mention people with PR from Nigeria,the answer is for those who enter Canada as a student or visit Visa....
if you spent 2 years as a student and got pr later. Your 2 years as a student counts as 1 year towards citizenship. So you stay 2 years as a pr and get citizenship.

It was you that said you can’t become a citizen in 3 years under my post. When they are talking about immigrants it’s mostly Permanent residents they are talking about not students or visitors. Students and visitors are temporary residents not immigrants

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Papilagreen: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Okay papi here let me turn the tide now for a bit.
So form my own side let me first of all day I live in America and not Canada. But lately, people have been flooding in from Canada and all part of the world into America.

Infact the Americans now are now scared the rate at which they pull in.
They now call these people sleepers.

Now here is my point. See most people will hear the amount they will be paying you in dollars and you will receive a new job offer and you will be happy not doing proper research.

See I got a job of $85,000 per year last month and I turned it down.
Now here are my reasons for turning it down.
At first I was happy when I got the job offer but when I did my research I found this.

1, the cheapest house rent I could afford was 2,890 per month including light water and Internet. Now if I pay that I only have $56 left from my monthly salary. Now that is the cheapest house. And the worst part is that the house is 30mins drive from my place of work. The houses closeby i.e 50 to 10mins drive away from my work they don't rent it's either air B&B or you buy morguage and it's on the high side. I haven't even talked feeding, gas,phone bill etc. My present job pays me less $45,000 monthly I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and I am okay and I get to save more I live in a small town but very okay. So in summary, America the more u make the more u pay on expenses and we never talk TAXES yet lol.
It's good to be physically mentally and emotionally ready to make it in America.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
MCentral:

New research suggests more immigrants to Canada have chosen to leave in recent years, a threat to a country that relies on immigration to drive population and economic growth.

The rate of immigrants leaving the country, or onward migration, has been steadily increasing since the 1980s and is rising among recent cohorts, suggesting newcomers “may not be seeing the benefits of moving to Canada,” according to a study on immigrant retention by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and the Conference Board of Canada.

The report, published Tuesday, underscored the risks of Canada failing to meet expectations of newcomers, who are facing worsening housing affordability, a strained health-care system and underemployment, among other issues.

It also highlighted how disillusionment among immigrants can slow down progress even in a country that consistently sets fresh records for population gains.

“It’s a reflection on our broader society and more intractable failings that we have. If immigrants are saying ‘no, thanks’ and moving on, that’s a real existential threat to Canada’s prosperity,” Daniel Bernhard, chief executive officer of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship, a pro-immigration advocacy group, said in an interview.

“We need to wake up and recognize that if we don’t deliver, people will leave. And if they leave, we’re in trouble.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government has been using immigration to rapidly add more workers to stave off economic decline from an aging populace.

But record population growth in recent years has led to growing criticism that its policies have exacerbated existing housing shortages and added more pressure on infrastructure and services like health care.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/immigrants-exit-canada-on-poor-housing-healthcare-job-prospects/
The MAPLE Express Experience cheesy

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Raskimonojendor: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Not surprising.

They leave 4 -7 years after arriving Canada. That means they wait until they get the passport and flee to other greener pastures.

MasterTeeUSA:
My friend, a doctor in Naija got his Canadian passport...and is not enroute to UK. Already got a job...but while in Canada, he could not even practice as a Medical doctor...like what the heck. You bring in these immigrants and refuse to give them jobs in their fields of interest. A doctor working as a careworker...this is just wrong, and they happen to be the best of best in Nigeria.

Watch the video of a Nigerian doctor struggle below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyepzvf9Kro?si=y91oS-gTROPM86j8

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by nkemoma(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
I thought after Heaven na Canada

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sharpwriter(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ko kan ayé..... Wetin people expect, poor housing for this coming harsh winter.. Japa enter, Japa exit, run in, run comot cheesy
Who wan die grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
I'm portable voice; you dey whyn?
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by sukkot: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
shocked ndi maple syrup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by seguno2: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
MCentral:

How many Canadian returnees have you seen in our country

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by bigdammyj: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Noted.
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by inoki247: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by olatade(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Canada wants young qualified immigrants who would do small jobs and pay heavy taxes to pay for the sick and ageing Canadian population, and themselves remain in perpetual poverty, without owning a house or caught in a merciless mortgage payment system. Many immigrants are not choosing to sacrifice their lives for that.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by HitlerWasRight: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
They were hoping on lowering wages for their citizens by importing cheap third world labour.

Instead of focusing on increasing wages and seeing to high productivity , they wanted more tax cattle and at the same time lower both wages and expectation from their new demograph.

Governments use inflation to default on their loan obligations to the citizens.

Now communists governments in the west were hoping on third world migration to lower labour cost and standard of living thus deflating the cost of labour.
Do you know that ten years ago an average medical doctor in the US earns at least a million dollars a year? Today it's hovering between $250-300k annually all courtesy to cheap third world labour.

When you realize that Communism and Capitalism go hand in hand that's when you will realize the evil intents of the now communist west.

These are the same policy makers who outsourced factories to China to exploit the slave labour there.

These are the same policy makers that supported the Jewish slave empire known as the Soviet Union.

Das Capital and Bolshevism are one and the same opposing faces of a Jewish coin.

The WEF , which is composed of leading capitalists is vigiourously pushing for a global Soviet empire .

Under Jewish western capitalism , you have the 1% Billioniare class.

Under Jewish Communism you have the 0.001% Trillioniare class.

Communism is extreme capitalism.

Every capitalist seeks to suck the life out of every of its workers. While communists want to drain your soul.

They are both the same only on different levels of greed.

Now migrants to Canada see no point living in a society that they are expected to slave and work in a rat race .

I will rather remain poor and free than be a slave to Jewish capitalists.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Akano5(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Make them give me visa -- I would enter and gain citizenship first before thinking of other options, though I like US, but anyway na way...

SO HELP ME GOD

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by chrisifeanyi: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
K
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Mindlog: 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hmm...immigrants getting the citizenship before moving, is the best deal.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
BATISTS sef dey Japaa lol
Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by MasterTeeUSA: 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
My friend, a doctor in Naija got his Canadian passport...and is not enroute to UK. Already got a job...but while in Canada, he could not even practice as a Medical doctor...like what the heck. You bring in these immigrants and refuse to give them jobs in their fields of interest. A doctor working as a careworker...this is just wrong, and they happen to be the best of the best in Nigeria.

MCentral:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lmao

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Decaying Underbelly Of Calabar, Nigeria’s ‘Cleanest City’ / Avoid These 20 English Words When In Other Countries / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.