Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? (422 Views)

Vaginal Discharge Bleaches Underwear... It's Cool Af! / As A Photographer. I Followed A Couple To Their Honeymoon And That Thing Happen / Kenyan Photographer Turns Nairobi Street Couple To Models - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Tosdam(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
Guys, let's drink from your cup of wisdom and experience...

Is it cool for couple to have a Joint Account?

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by MJBOLT: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
NO,not cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Tosdam(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
MJBOLT:
NO,not cool

Your reason....
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Anfieldboss: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
I would never do it no matter how much I love my wife. That doesn't mean I won't take good care of her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Joints account are operated by some couples based on purpose. I ve a joint account for school fees and other house upkeeps but still run my separate accounts. So there's nothing bad in having a joint account with ur wife,not girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Tosdam(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Anfieldboss:
I would never do it no matter how much I love my wife. That doesn't mean I won't take good care of her.

Not even if u are Romeo and she is Juliet.....
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Saintsammurai(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
Well,, having joint bank account with your partner should strictly be based on mutual agreement..

Agreement in the sense that it Will be a family account,, account for the wellbeing of the home and of the kids..

That will not stop them from having different account,, but i believe that couples should know the salary their respective partners are earning every month ending.. That way an agreement based on understanding and Love, should then be made as to the particular amount of money each of them has to start paying in the family account,,,,
That way there is enough money for family project..

No matter what, no matter the situation,, the family project comes first..
Withdrawal from the account should be strictly for the benefit of the home..

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Anfieldboss: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tosdam:

Not even if u are Romeo and she is Juliet.....

my guy, those things happen only in movies, do not be deceived!
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
So far couples have separate accounts respectively, I see no big deal having a joint account too.
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by donbachi(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
I have one with my wife.
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by DonroxyII: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
I planned to have a joint account for our family expenses as well as projects .... while Separate account for our own personal things ...
Thus, each party contributes certain percentage of their income to the Joint Account .....
Hope 60/40 ain't bad ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by dingbang(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes its cool..

The mandate on the account should be both to sign . so that either party must know when money is leaving the account.
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Alejoc(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
It is good especially if they have a family project

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by ecstasy357(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
Tosdam:
Guys, let's drink from your cup of wisdom and experience...

Is it cool for couple to have a Joint Account?

Definitely! A joint account, personal accounts and children's account.

Joint Account - This is for the family. The woman should be in charge of this.

Personal Account - This is for the man. Though there's a joint account, women still expect you to manufacture money from thin air.

Children's Account - You have got to plan for them.
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Tosdam(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Saintsammurai:
Well,, having joint bank account with your partner should strictly be based on mutual agreement..

Agreement in the sense that it Will be a family account,, account for the wellbeing of the home and of the kids..

That will not stop them from having different account,, but i believe that couples should know the salary their respective partners are earning every month ending.. That way an agreement based on understanding and Love, should then be made as to the particular amount of money each of them has to start paying in the family account,,,,
That way there is enough money for family project..

No matter what, no matter the situation,, the family project comes first..
Withdrawal from the account should be strictly for the benefit of the home..

Can't we run the family project from private account too, what makes the Joint account special?
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
I can never in this world do something like that
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by chiommy123(f): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nothing wrong just don't expect her to make same lodgment as you do.
Re: Is It Cool For Couple To Have A Joint Account? by dasparrow: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
That would be the dumbest thing to do. Trust no one. Not even the person you are screwing with at night.

(1) (Reply)

Mac Miller Dead At 26 Of An Apparent Drug Overdose After Breakup / How To Control Your Emotions And Become The Pinnacle Of Restraint / Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.