Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad (15327 Views)

5 Common Places Where Spare Car Keys Are Kept / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by papalsbuIl: 7:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Diso60090:

my father is a

Dog pinkin
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by ITbomb(m): 7:56am On Sep 03, 2018
Nigerians would be like "Is it your car key?"
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by swazpedro(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2018
I even thought you wanted to say incase of an emergency, singling your car key will be difficult

1 Like

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Pat081: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2018
I dnt read d post but I jump to comment to mi ntin bad in dat if is it only ur car key u may 4gt it somewhere but wen d key is many u will knw wen u re nt holding it
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by mapet: 8:55am On Sep 03, 2018
AtYourCervix:
Is it your car key?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Neoteny(m): 9:00am On Sep 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
[img]https:///a/img921/4462/gTgRXW.jpg[/img]

You need to see the car keys of some folks. You will end up thinking that they are one serious locksmith or treasury keeper; they are just not that. They just have the habit of keeping several keys with their car keys.

A lot of people who owns multiple set of keys end up just putting all the keys together in one key ring holder. It is better placed on separate key chains.

Do you know that having much keys attached to your car key ring have an adverse effect on the ignition system?

This post for everybody but it is specially aimed at those who have it as a habit to carry many things like bottle opener, nail cutter, mini flashlight and the likes in their car key ring.

A heavy key ring can weigh down the ignition and can one day cause it to fail.

Gravitational force is powerful and would always act when much weight is on your key ring. It will continue to pull the key down when the car is making turns, when going over bumps, when going uphill, and when it’s not in motion.

All this will make the tumbler of your ignition system to be wearing out. When this reaches a particular threshold, it will eventually make the key not to be able to turn the ignition lock.

In conclusion, remove the unnecessary weight from your car key ring. Two keys and your car remote is just okay for your car key ring.

https://autojosh.com/how-bad-many-keys-attached-car-key/

This will be moot as cars are fast moving towards keyless ignition
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Jaideyone(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=correctguy0900 post=70854071][/quote] I'll reply you even though your comment is foolish Nd immature.

no my father is not a door keeper. he has two offices in Lagos, a house in Lagos and a house in ibadan.

he's not a doer keeper. he's just blessed but then you won't understand cos your father still stays in a face me I slap you.

have a nice day grin

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
Jaideyone:
I'll reply you even though your comment is foolish Nd immature.

no my father is not a door keeper. he has two offices in Lagos, a house in Lagos and a house in ibadan.

he's not a doer keeper. he's just blessed but then you won't understand cos your father still stays in a face me I slap you.

have a nice day grin

Haha. Nice attempt. But please go delare your wealth to the efcc please......U have a nice day too ode.
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Jaideyone(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2018
correctguy0900:

Haha. Nice attempt. But please go delare your wealth to the efcc please......U have a nice day too ode.
lol mumu go and bring the efcc.

poverty has a duplex in your life already. that's why you foolishly concluded anyone with that much keys must be a door keeper.

may God deliver you from generational poverty grin

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol mumu go and bring the efcc.

poverty has a duplex in your life already. that's why you foolishly concluded anyone with that much keys must be a door keeper.

may God deliver you from generational poverty grin

U too get time. Should I declare my asset here on a faceless forum like u. I rather declared it to the efcc. Who ur asset epp.
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by pacespot(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
nice, thank you for the I sight
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by Goldenboy007(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
Well this problem has been eliminated with the keyless button start !
That stays in my pocket when I am driving.

Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by pacespot(m): 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
nice, thanks for the insight
Re: Why Having Too Many Keys Attached To Your Car Keys Is Bad by staytravel: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
[img]https:///a/img921/4462/gTgRXW.jpg[/img]

You need to see the car keys of some folks. You will end up thinking that they are one serious locksmith or treasury keeper; they are just not that. They just have the habit of keeping several keys with their car keys.

A lot of people who owns multiple set of keys end up just putting all the keys together in one key ring holder. It is better placed on separate key chains.

Do you know that having much keys attached to your car key ring have an adverse effect on the ignition system?

This post for everybody but it is specially aimed at those who have it as a habit to carry many things like bottle opener, nail cutter, mini flashlight and the likes in their car key ring.

A heavy key ring can weigh down the ignition and can one day cause it to fail.

Gravitational force is powerful and would always act when much weight is on your key ring. It will continue to pull the key down when the car is making turns, when going over bumps, when going uphill, and when it’s not in motion.

All this will make the tumbler of your ignition system to be wearing out. When this reaches a particular threshold, it will eventually make the key not to be able to turn the ignition lock.

In conclusion, remove the unnecessary weight from your car key ring. Two keys and your car remote is just okay for your car key ring.

https://autojosh.com/how-bad-many-keys-attached-car-key/

LOOL, spending so much time looking for keys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) / For Your $1.5 Million, Will It Be A Bugatti Or A Koenigsegg? / How To Detect Unbalanced Tires In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.