Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

The Europeans Vs Africans!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Europeans Vs Africans!!! (534 Views)

Look What Europeans Did To Her / The African Standard Of Beauty Before The Europeans Poisoned Our Minds / Why Does Nigeria Have More Good Looking Women Than Other Africans?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Europeans Vs Africans!!! by Martin0(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Several times I have had to painfully listen to some people talk as though we had no moral values in Igbo land or Africa in general until the Bible came to instil some morals in us.

As an unapologetic Igbo son. I wish to shade a brief light on this.

1) Before the European missionaries came to Igbo land to tell us about John 8:32 “Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free”
My Igbo ancestors had already told us “Eziokwu Bù Ndù” which means “Truth is Life” they equate the value of truth with the value of life. It couldn’t get more important than that.

2) Before the European missionaries came to tell us in Igbo land about Mark 12:31 “ Love your neighbour as yourself”
My Igbo ancestors already told us “Onye Agbata Obi Madu wù Nwanne ya” meaning your neighbour is your family. Your neighbour in traditional Igbo setting should be extended same family love as you exercise to your family.

3) Before the European missionaries came to Igbo land to tell us about 1 Timothy 6:10 “The love of money is the root of all evil”
My Igbo ancestors already told us “Ndu Ka Aku”, “Onye Nwere Madu Ka Onye Nwere Ego” and Ezi Aha Ka Ego” meaning, Life is more precious than riches and he who has people is wealthier than one who’s financially rich. And Dignity and Honour are better than money/wealth.

They placed more value in humanity over wealth acquisition, more value in life than wealth. More value in dignity, good name, legacy and honour than the value of money and riches.

4) Before the European missionaries came to Igbo land tell us about Romans 12:18 “Do all that you can to live at peace with everyone”
My Igbo ancestors already gave us the principle of “Egbe Bere Ugo Bere” “Biri Kam mbiri” and “Ndu Miri Ndu Azu” which are all principles encouraging and admonishing everyone to coexist, tolerate and live in peace.

5) But while the European missionaries came to igboland to tell us about Luke 6:29 “If one slap you in one cheek, turn the other one for him to slap”
My Igbo ancestors rather gave us the principles of “Aju Okorobia wù Ibe ya” and “ Ubochi amuru dike na mba Ka amuru ibe ya”
Which are principles and life philosophies encouraging one to stand up for himself and also reminding bullies to expect meeting their match and opposition.

The list goes on and on. In Igbo land and Africa in general, we had very good understanding of life, with a very realistic and existential approach to life.

Yes the bible contains some moral principles, but nothing new to us, we had better values and morals. The advent of the bible in Igbo land was to a large extent a distraction and obstruction, my opinion.

Igbo bu Igbo Mma mma nu ooh ✊���✊�

#CUD#
Re: The Europeans Vs Africans!!! by Astonmartin(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2018
igbo Kwenu!!!

Re: The Europeans Vs Africans!!! by Martin0(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2018
Astonmartin:
igbo Kwenu!!!

yaaaaaaaagrin

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Igbo Names Produce Fine Girls??? / Best Hostel in Unilag Fully Furnished, Serviced & Affordable Private Hostel / Is This Advisable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.