Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead (1193 Views)

My Mother Is At War With Me Help!! / The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by isholak21(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2018
I have a baby of about 10 years old during my school days & she currently lives with my sister but the sad thing is that I received the news of the death of her mother early morning yesterday. I told my families some said I should not tell her while some said I should tell her. But how do i tell her?
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by chucks185: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2018
YOU HAVE TO TELL HER. JUST TELL HER IN YOUR OWN WAY

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by Homeboiy: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Tell her now

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by hyuga(m): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2018
Does she ask for her mom frequently? If not, there is no need to tell her. Tell her when she is more mature to handle such news like 5 to 8 years time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by Evangkatsoulis: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
isholak21:
I have a baby of about 10 years old during my school days & she currently lives with my sister but the sad thing is that I received the news of the death of her mother early morning yesterday. I told my families some said I should not tell her while some said I should tell her. But how do i tell her?

Don't tell her
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by mankettle(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
if she always asks for her tell her. if not don't tell her.
how to tell her.
just say a story about how good people get to heaven, and her mum was a good woman
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by louken(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is so heart breaking. I think you should tell her. The longer it lingers without you telling her, the harder it will become when you finally decide to tell her. She's still very young. Her heart can handle it better than you think

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by ladyF(f): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
I don’t understand the story. Where has the mother been all this while when the little girl was staying with your sis ?
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by PamaB(m): 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
I was eight when my Dad died and mum never told us till the day we travelled to the villa for the burial. Just tell her.
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by isholak21(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
[quote author=ladyF post=70876436]I don’t understand the story. Where has the mother been all this while when the little girl was staying with your sis ?

Her mum was married to another man
Re: I Need Advice! How Do I Tell A 10 Years Old Girl That Her Mother Is Dead by Mariangeles(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
isholak21:
You have to tell her .

It'll be unfair to the memory of the dead woman if nobody told the child she gave birth to that she's dead.
She needs to mourn her mother.
It'll hurt but she's going to be fine.
Just imagine you died and your children did not mourn you...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Happens If A Surrogate Mother Decides To Keep The Baby? / A Complete Set Of Leather Chair At A Giveaway Price / Am I Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.