Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State (24378 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Streetlight Pole At Pansheke In Abeokuta Ogun: A Disaster Waiting To Happen / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=Dareal90s post=70879523][/quote] na movie scene u dey post? Afonjizzy my nizzle grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Dareal90s(m): 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bede2u:
na movie scene u dey post? Afonjizzy my nizzle grin

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by adeolu21: 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bede2u:
6. Experience its brown roofs grin

it has been a while you visited that Rock . That picture of yours was taken long time ago. Come now , u would ask ppl to tell you that you should close ur mouth because of the development that is going there.
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dareal90s:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7703847_screenshot20180903223347_jpegf111ef5981afb9f375ce2c7255a3ab20
una no get light for heebadan??
Ur battery don die finish o. I thought fashola the rocket scientist promised to fix light in 3 months
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by greatefa1011(m): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
damiloladuke:
Some people consider Abeokuta town, with her rocky landscape and historical features, a portal between the physical and the spiritual.

There are a lot of places and experiences that are worth exploring, that make for great memories and photo-ops, as well as offering a chance to learn more about this historic town.

1. Visit the National Museum Abeokuta

To walk the path of the ancient peoples that lived in Abeokuta, a visit to the National Museum is a must. Boasting relics from the rich past of the town, the museum also offers tours that are both enlightening and fun.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-QXhCloLwX9s/W41q9o3ukDI/AAAAAAAATNk/jVEhBTyD458W1N1uNKFmgj8vB2Kt05QBQCEwYBhgL/s1600/5%2BInteresting%2BThings%2Bto%2BSee%2Band%2BDo%2Bin%2BAbeokuta%252C%2BOgun%2BState%2Beludemagazine%2B3.jpg[/img]

2. Climb Olumo Rock

The most famous landmark in Abeokuta is the Olumo Rock – a hill that served as a hiding place for the Egba people during the slave-taking expeditions of the Yoruba Civil War – and the town itself is named after it, as Abeokuta means ‘under the rock’.

There are man-made stairwells that make climbing the rock relatively easy, and along the way are shrines, usually tended to by women, dedicated to different gods. Getting to the summit of the hill is worth the climb, for it gives you the aerial view of the whole town, lying in the valley, and of the Ogun River, snaking its way through the forests that surrounds the town.
[img]https://4.bp..com/-Y-KWzKvXcBs/W41q-0_CZBI/AAAAAAAATNs/IDnr1LDm6_MxlEgR9D89q4cvNTU-MwoJgCEwYBhgL/s640/5%2BInteresting%2BThings%2Bto%2BSee%2Band%2BDo%2Bin%2BAbeokuta%252C%2BOgun%2BState%2Beludemagazine%2B5.jpg[/img]

3. Visit Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library

The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library is a library owned by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, a former President of Nigeria. It is a historic, tourist and academic centre established as a national archive for the preservation of documents and materials used by the president during his tenure as the president of Nigeria. The library is located at Abeokuta, Ogun State in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QXhCloLwX9s/W41q9o3ukDI/AAAAAAAATN4/SOgg5F0LpEcR_Yziv24KEGOGVsaL9eF8ACEwYBhgL/s640/5%2BInteresting%2BThings%2Bto%2BSee%2Band%2BDo%2Bin%2BAbeokuta%252C%2BOgun%2BState%2Beludemagazine%2B3.jpg[/img]

4. Visit the Centenary Hall

Located opposite the Ake’s Palace, the Centenary Hall in Ake’s area of Abeokuta was constructed in 1950 to commemorate the one hundred years that Abeokuta had been in peace after the last inter-tribal war.

The building of the Abeokuta Memorial Centenary Hall emanated from His Majesty Oba Ladapo Ademola II, KBE, The Alake of Egbaland to commemorate the Centenary (100 years) of Egba settlement in Abeokuta.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-rpogcD4y5iQ/W41q_JB2I1I/AAAAAAAATOE/sjOjMgD9iwQE3Yw_EoEd8PivkgptN8bHwCEwYBhgL/s400/5%2BInteresting%2BThings%2Bto%2BSee%2Band%2BDo%2Bin%2BAbeokuta%252C%2BOgun%2BState%2Beludemagazine.jpg[/img]

5. Stop at the Oyan River Dam

The Oyan River Dam is in Abeokuta North local government area of Ogun State in the West of Nigeria, about 20 km north west of the state capital Abeokuta.

The dam crosses the Oyan River, a tributary of the Ogun River. It is used primarily to supply raw water to Lagos and Abeokuta but has the potential for use in irrigation and power generation.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-LsbRFX_TEPA/W41q-KFgrCI/AAAAAAAATN8/QzazyCS_3gErIf90HWuFSzLnx71l5WrvwCEwYBhgL/s400/5%2BInteresting%2BThings%2Bto%2BSee%2Band%2BDo%2Bin%2BAbeokuta%252C%2BOgun%2BState%2Beludemagazine%2B4.jpg[/img]

http://www.eludemagazine.com/2018/09/5-interesting-things-to-see-and-do-in.html

mornry ritual every where in this state

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
adeolu21:

it has been a while you visited that Rock . That picture of yours was taken long time ago. Come now , u would ask ppl to tell you that you should close ur mouth because of the development that is going there.
show us pics here
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Barlowskillz(m): 12:04am On Sep 04, 2018
omo17:

Baba where d place be for lafenwa

Take bike to odo Eran tell him Mayass
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by lastmaster(m): 1:48am On Sep 04, 2018
That means if your skull is still intact
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by winkmart: 6:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
yes o...na why brown roof full london...

Just like the sophisticated mos who started building houses b4 other african tribes,... manchester is filled with 18century brown roofs

What explains the absence of Brown Roofs in your region? Abundance of huts with tree branches as roofing materials and thatch as sheets.

Stop the fuckery and let's think on how the country will progress.
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 6:10am On Sep 04, 2018
winkmart:

What explains the absence of Brown Roofs in your region? Abundance of huts with tree branches as roofing materials and thatch as sheets.

Stop the fuckery and let's think on how the country will progress.
show them to me
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 04, 2018
Da State is quite scary
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by lokoloko84(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Barlowskillz:

Bro,is another odo eran in lafenwa? Because the one I know is towards osiele .
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Barlowskillz(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2018
lokoloko84:
Bro,is another odo eran in lafenwa? Because the one I know is towards osiele .

YES.. almost all abk bike man knows mayass .

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by lokoloko84(m): 9:13am On Sep 04, 2018
Barlowskillz:

YES.. almost all abk bike man knows mayass .
okay, thanks
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by omo17(m): 9:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Barlowskillz:

Are u talking abt d abattoir in lafenwa after d saw mill, sorry for disturbing u, I just want to explore abk small
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by happney65: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2018
ucee64:

what will it profit you to do all these things and lose your head

omolola15 they are calling on your people... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by winkmart: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
show them to me

They don't stand the test of time grin grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Ofemannnu: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
wat about this one? U don see am b4?

Ibadan is bigger and more developed than all the 5 tiny eastern Igbo states joined together.

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Barlowskillz(m): 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
omo17:

Are u talking abt d abattoir in lafenwa after d saw mill, sorry for disturbing u, I just want to explore abk small

YES
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Barlowskillz(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Dareal90s(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
Ur battery don die finish o. I thought fashola the rocket scientist promised to fix light in 3 months
So I have to sit charging like u do whenever u have 10min power supply, I don't worry about electricity here coz I charge anytime I wish.

Meanwhile where we have erosion how do we have power supply?

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Dareal90s(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
See ur Skull factory where flat skull ar being mined, u guys ate the flesh and use the skull for juju. If not nyanmiri who else?
The world even know about ur evil deed, Wikipedia even recognized u.

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Ibadan is bigger and more developed than all the 5 tiny eastern Igbo states joined together.
Is that Heebadan Mega city? Wow...sw is dope shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Ofemannnu: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bede2u:
Is that Heebadan Mega city? Wow...sw is dope shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ibadan is more developed than this your tiny Igboland.

Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by IME1: 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
dingbang:
how about year ending

No now, that's almost festive period, things will be expensive, people's minds will be up and there will be too many desperados
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by dingbang(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
IME1:

No now, that's almost festive period, things will be expensive, people's minds will be up and there will be too many desperados
I dey broke now oo..
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Bede2u(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Ibadan is more developed than this your tiny Igboland.
stop calling it ibadan. His that how u guys say hit? Call hit heebadan the way u say hit hin real life grin cheesy
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by IME1: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
dingbang:
I dey broke now oo..

It is well
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Konjidam: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Getrich0147
Spidermon
Barlowskillz
babington91

I went there on Friday, I only saw people smoking weed, omo I fear ,I moved around no big girls with small god there jare, dat place just dry.dey some how
Re: 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State by Jokerman(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
HEFAIROHLUWA:
One thing I enjoy the most being at abk is the calmness and pure air....So refreshing! grin
I get lots of inspiration here wink and I think I've found that #peace I lost a decade ago. cool Maybe all you needed is just a change of environment you never can tell..Here are some pics I took last week..#westside kiss anyday! anytime! in 2pacs voice..lol
#Fromanekitiguy grin

That pansheke... i was there with my babe... beautiful city... I prefer it to ibadan a million times over

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover / Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. / Ogba-Ukwu Rocky Cave In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.