Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

What Should I Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should I Do (414 Views)

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do by topyhanky(m): 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
What should you do if you are confused about whether God exists or not, and you are not sure whether to be an atheist or a believer?

Presently am an agnostic
Re: What Should I Do by iamgenius(m): 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
Atheists are confused people already. It's either you become a believer or a confused person.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by chiommy123(f): 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
Really confused. Closing their eyes to the clearly evidence of the existence of God
Re: What Should I Do by Dantedasz(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
chiommy123:
Really confused. Closing their eyes to the clearly evidence of the existence of God

Can you share some of the "clear' evidence please? You can watch this while at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc
Re: What Should I Do by hopefulLandlord: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2018
topyhanky:
What should you do if you are confused about whether God exists or not, and you are not sure whether to be an atheist or a believer?

Presently am an agnostic

You should do personal research on why you believed god existed before and how valid/convincing you find those reasons. if you don't find them convincing again then........

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by rekinomtla(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Rather make the choice between agnosticism or theism. Atheism is nonsensical and shouldn't even be considered.

Re: What Should I Do by enilove(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Do yo think the Trees , the fishes , the sun , moon , stars , humans , animals just came into existence by chance ?

Think deeper , you shall know there is surely a Creator .
Re: What Should I Do by Maamin(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2018
Some Atheists will soon flood this thread to win a new member to their religion irreligion grin

Meanwhile Op if you can't number your days or add a cubit growth to status or you know that you are not responsible for consistently bringing the nights and days, then look even deeper. There is a supernal creator responsible for the abundant oxygen you breath everyday. wink
Re: What Should I Do by topyhanky(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
What is the evidence against the existence of God?
Re: What Should I Do by budaatum: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
topyhanky:

Presently am an agnostic
One day in the future, come back to this thread to tell us how you panned out please. It would be nice to know.
Re: What Should I Do by Ejirochocho(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
topyhanky:
What is the evidence against the existence of God?

Nice try OP.

You cannot reverse the onus with respect to whether a god exists. One reason for this is that there is no way to prove a negative. Even with the complete absence of any evidence that a god exists, that is still not proof that a god doesn’t exist. Absence of evidence is not proof of anything. (The flip side to that is, before you try to argue it, lack of understanding is not proof of a god.)

On the other hand, those who claim that a god does exist must shoulder the burden of proof since they are making a positive assertion. Faith does not carry the argument. Neither does the circular argument that the Bible says it is inerrant and therefore must be true.

As there is zero historical record of Jesus, of an exodus from Egypt, of a global flood, and zero evidence of a single “miracle”, it is the Christian that finds themselves wanting of evidence.

You, by trying to re-frame the question in an illogical manner, are trying to bolster your argument. It does not, and atheists should, I believe, refrain from answering such illogical questions as it tends to give them credence.

(1) (Reply)

When You Say Amen, The Power And Authority Behind It / Christian Church (cocin) In Yobe State Starts Christmas Carol Today (24/11/2018) / I Need Spiritual Help Urgently!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.