Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Is Magic Real ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Magic Real ? (2460 Views)

Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Magic Real ? by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On Jun 30, 2010
As a child ,i used to be facinated with watching magic shows. I was thrilled by the likes of proffessor Pella in nigeria and other foreign performers. But later in life i began to question magic. Because I observed that many of these magics were tricks. Few former magician I talked with showed me some of the tricks behind the show. I even subscribed to a magic website in my research and I also observe that there is nothing spiritual about these shows they are just tricks. But I heard people say things like " you have to read 7 books of moses and sleep in graveyards for seven days to have magical powers. I am not interested in magic to perform it. Im only doing a personal research into the myth about it. so far I believe all magics are tricks for shows and has no spiritual part. But if you have a knowledge of it that says otherwise. I will like to know.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Enigma(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2010
Magic is as real as opaks Oyakhilome's "take it"/"falling under 'anointing'"; they come from the same base.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Azibalua(f): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2010
I have seen a magician make things disappear and another cut a woman into two!. I think it is spiritual but demonic.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:40am On Jun 30, 2010
Azibalua:

I have seen a magician make things disappear and another cut a woman into two!. I think it is spiritual but demonic.
If you observe when someone is "cut in two" it is actually the coffin like box that they cut. and separate into two. The head is poping out in one box, the legs pops out in the other. The truth there is that there were 2 people in the 2 boxes that appear to be one.the leg of Mr A and the head of Mr B .If I have time i will burst some of the myths on magic that I found out.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Azibalua(f): 8:43am On Jun 30, 2010
What about the issue of making things disappear.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2010
Azibalua:

What about the issue of making things disappear.

If you observed carefully , they usually have a big table infront. Well that depemds on the trick. Someb tricks dont require table. The settings has to do with the kinds of tricks to perform. But those big tables have compartment inside where you can bring up things and drop things.

Well my intention to have proof if there is any spiritual part of magic. So i will believe in it to come with proof. Before I come to my own conclussion if there is some demonic / spiritual involvement.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2010
Enigma:

Magic is as real as opaks Oyakhilome's "take it"/"falling under 'anointing'"; they come from the same base.
Shut up, Sir! God is not a Magician
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Enigma(m): 9:15am On Jun 30, 2010
Acidosis:

Obviously, you have no manners! I guess the heretic opaks Oyaks did not teach you better.

Worse, you display ignorance if you think opaks Oyaks' "take it" has anything to do with God!
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2010
[size=13pt]who told you. . . .? smiley[/size]

Acidosis:

Re: Is Magic Real ? by jesus3: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2010
mr satan God is not a magician
Ogaga4Luv:

Re: Is Magic Real ? by Acidosis(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2010
Enigma:

Obviously, you have no manners! I guess the heretic opaks Oyaks did not teach you better.

Worse, you display ignorance if you think opaks Oyaks' "take it" has anything to do with God!
what pleasure do you derive when you criticize the works of others? If you are a xtian, you should know about the works and healing power of Jesus, some people called him am magician and all sorts of names but he made it cleared that he was the son of God.
If you criticize Pastor Chris' "Take It", then I wonder what you will say about those that raised dead humans.
Please always test run your synapses before advertising your ignorance!
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Acidosis(m): 10:26am On Jun 30, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

I don't need to be told, the bible is enough standard for my life
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2010
[size=13pt]If you don’t know where you are going, any path will get you there. cool[/size]
jesus.:

mr satan God is not a magician
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Enigma(m): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2010
Acidosis:

what pleasure do you derive when you criticize the works of others? If you are a xtian, you should know about the works and healing power of Jesus, some people called him am magician and all sorts of names but he made it cleared that he was the son of God.
If you criticize Pastor Chris' "Take It", then I wonder what you will say about those that raised dead humans.
Please always test run your synapses before advertising your ignorance!  

Indeed Jesus is the son of God; in fact Jesus IS God!

Oyakhilome is a heretical false teacher and deceiver.

Please go and study the difference.

cool
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2010
[size=13pt]The book filled up with so many contradicting words is not any solution or answer to genuine things . well , if you said it is enough for you meaning you don't want to learn something useful . The Bible is a book of confusion and you know it and thats why even you christian dogma's find it difficult to understand it .[/size]

Acidosis:

I don't need to be told, the bible is enough standard for my life
Re: Is Magic Real ? by VALIDATOR: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2010
There is no spirituality or any metaphysical factor in performing magic.Just tricks.
You are made to reason in one convenient way while the magician acts in another way.I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE I KNOW A FEW TRICKS TOO.

Another thing to consider is that a rural African dweller not used to watching TV may actually think that the actors disappear when actors recite incantations and disappear from the screen.

Nobody has ever been able to at will demonstrate magic/metaphysical ability/miracle/etc in a laboratory kind of condition.

1 Position cameras to cover the magic performance from all angles with the magician at the center
2 Record the magic as he performs it.Do not edit the videos in any way.
3 Slow the videos down to less than 6.25%
4 Watch all the slowed videos simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Is Magic Real ? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
please can i have some of the site also.so i can verify myself
Re: Is Magic Real ? by nuclearboy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
Interesting question from a Pastor who has supposedly, read the Bible, not just Rhapsody (I'm pulling your leg, Joagbaje, but still, think it through grin).

Exodus 7: 10 - 12 "So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs"

So the question, Pastor, is not if you believe in Magic but this - DO YOU EVEN BELIEVE THE BIBLE?

Following this, we need to remember - you cannot show me a fake 5, 000 (five thousand) Naira note because there's no original. In effect, if there was no real magic/occult, there wouldn't be fake! Same thing goes for Christianity - because there is the real thing, fakes abound! kiss tongue
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Seun(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
Magic is not supposed to be real. What gave you that impression? But it's entertaining nevertheless.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Acidosis(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]The book filled up with so many contradicting words is not any solution or answer to genuine things . well , if you said it is enough for you meaning you don't want to learn something useful . The Bible is a book of confusion and you know it and thats why even you christian dogma's find it difficult to understand it .[/size]

it cause no confusion, bro. Only those without a deep conviction tends to confuse themselves and that's the reason for different denominations like the jehovah's witnesses, ekcankar, 7th day adventist etc.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by ilosiwaju: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
Its not real. Just skills by very good and highly trained people. Get some booksby derren brown, richard wiseman and co. If anyone is interested in some of these books,i can mail them to you free, just indicate your interest. Interesting texts,i add.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Enigma(m): 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
Re: Is Magic Real ? by luap: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
Take magic for what it is. It is stage entertainment!!! It is fun to watch. I know a few magic tricks I used in bars. You can use it as a pickup line. The ladies really did palm reading. Now that really works.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Tudor6(f): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2010
ilosiwaju:

Its not real. Just skills by very good and highly trained people. Get some booksby derren brown, richard wiseman and co. If anyone is interested in some of these books,i can mail them to you free, just indicate your interest. Interesting texts,i add.
Ilosiwaju are the books in pdf?
I wouldnt mind having them pls. . . .my email dey my profile. Thanks
Re: Is Magic Real ? by ilosiwaju: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2010
They are pdfs. Sure i will start sending them tudor, will be slow though. . .crappy internet link.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Tudor6(f): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2010
^^Thanks Ilosiwju. . . .you can borrow your babalawo's blackberry its bound to have some spiritual network accelerator grin
Re: Is Magic Real ? by VALIDATOR: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2010
Tudór:

^^Thanks Ilosiwju. . . .you can borrow your babalawo's blackberry its bound to have some spiritual network accelerator grin
grin grin grin
Re: Is Magic Real ? by ilosiwaju: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
Tudór:

He's on vacation and went with it grin I just sent a few. . .expect more later. All the best!
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2010
[size=13pt]I won't agree with you my dear. . . i still insist the Christian bible is a confusion book and not worthy to be read .which deep conviction are you talking about when no one have ever have that deep conviction about the same bible even in Christianity and other believes . . . .it's a twisted book and i advice everyone to stay away from it . a book that have no direction on it's own , agreeing on both positive and negative at same time .

Any Romance novel or Magical book is far important than the Christian bible. . . wink
[/size]

Acidosis:

it cause no confusion, bro. Only those without a deep conviction tends to confuse themselves and that's the reason for different denominations like the jehovah's witnesses, ekcankar, 7th day adventist etc.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by chakula: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2010
I am surprised to see, that the word of God we collectively know as the Bible could be riddled with so many problems and inconsistencies, despite the fact that so many learned men, who are claimed to be divinely guided, with so much efforts to put it together in its journey could not bring it to an absolute consistency and without error.
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I won't agree with you my dear. . . i still insist the Christian bible is a confusion book and not worthy to be read .which deep conviction are you talking about when no one have ever have that deep conviction about the same bible even in Christianity and other believes . . . .it's a twisted book and i advice everyone to stay away from it . a book that have no direction on it's own , agreeing on both positive and negative at same time .

Any Romance novel or Magical book is far important than the Christian bible. . . wink
[/size]

Re: Is Magic Real ? by aletheia(m): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

Interesting question from a Pastor who has supposedly, read the Bible, not just Rhapsody (I'm pulling your leg, Joagbaje, but still, think it through grin).

Exodus 7: 10 - 12 "So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs"

[size=16pt]So the question, Pastor, is not if you believe in Magic but this - DO YOU EVEN BELIEVE THE BIBLE?[/size]

Following this, we need to remember - you cannot show me a fake 5, 000 (five thousand) Naira note because there's no original. In effect, if there was no real magic/occult, there wouldn't be fake! Same thing goes for Christianity - because there is the real thing, fakes abound! kiss tongue
Exactly the question that comes to mind.
Re: Is Magic Real ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

I've studied the bible well and I know even about paul's encounter with men who wrought "Curious art" (magic) . We are not dealing with oriental times now. I just doing a personal research. So don't box me in. I read quoran. I read about other faiths. I should be well informed to reach them at their level.

So the question, Pastor, is not if you believe in Magic but this - DO YOU EVEN BELIEVE THE BIBLE?

I believe in the bible. Whatever you mean by that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians,how Do You Endure This Sermons? / 10 Reasons Why Any Reasonable Man Has To Submit To God Today / COZA Pastor Lands Arrives Warri For Event In Style, Lands In A Private Jet. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.