Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project (8413 Views)

$6.8 Billion Overdue Forward Payment Responsible For Naira’s Decline - Wale Edun / Innoson Speaks On How GTB Is Owing Him 8 Billion And Refused To Pay (video) / Nestoil To Complete OB3 Gas Pipeline To East By March 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Emmymarvel(m): 7:36am On Sep 04, 2018
Jorge22:
American rappers won't kill us on. Eminem Don meet his match lol. Eminem say him be rap God

http://dquartz.com/machine-gun-kelly-on-eminem-new-diss-song-fck-rap-god-im-the-rap-devil/
Another country working so hard to make things better for us, while our own leaders just loot money and keep in a safe in their mansions.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by bc4love(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2018
Then u must be on tramadol

nony43:
The poster below me is on codeine diet
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by EnkayDezign: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2018
lazinny:
China slowly entrapping African countries.

Why is Africa so naive. cry

Because, we can't do shiit by ourselves!

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Tzben(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2018
1. Why focusing on the north, not a tribalist.. Just a neutral question..
2. What is China's gain in this.. What did we offer to obtain this?

Good project.. But more light need to be shed

2 Likes

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by obailala(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2018
Emmymarvel:

Another country working so hard to make things better for usthemselves, while our own leaders just loot money and keep in a safe in their mansions.

I had to correct your point above. That is not to say it wouldnt benefit Nigeria though, but China will definitely reap mega rewards from these greek gifts.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by oasis10: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Nigeria is all about sentiment, if you are the president or any seat of power, grab as much as possible for your people, the country is really divided whether you like it or not, Why can't this project be in Niger Delta where the oil come from, This is really teaching us lesson,Nigeria is never one and can never be don't be deceived. Develop your region when you are in power, if you know you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by maxzzo1(m): 8:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Buhari js go China to mortgage Nigerian's future
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by mapet: 8:04am On Sep 04, 2018
ekojoe:
Please anyone who is knowledgeable about this development kindly educate me.

What is the purpose of laying a gas pipeline to kaduna, Kano?

For gas turbines?

Gas-2-power
Gas-based-Industries
Petrochemicals etc

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by amethystnnty1: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2018
Buhari and his cohorts keeps selling Nigeria to China at a cheap discount and some dimwit always celebrate this like it's an achievement.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by oasis10: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2018
Develope your Region when you are in power, Nigeria is divided into sections, every man on your own, the way am seeing Nigeria, hope it does not break soon.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Nothing is for free in this current world. What did our leaders say they are giving in exchange? we deserve to know.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by mapet: 8:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Tzben:

There is a national pipe-line architecture. There is no "focus on the north" with Gas pipeline. The architecture is designed in such a way that covers national need in terms of power, industries and petro-chem business. It also extends to Gas sales to neighboring countries.

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by obailala(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2018
Tzben:

1. There's currently no gas pipeline to the north, any initiative to help utilise Nigeria's gas, improve industralisation and reduce gas flaring/wasting is a welcome development.

2. China will reap mega profits from interests; nothing goes for nothing. Remember again that for most of these projects, the cash loaned cash isnt given, rather the agreement is that a Chinese company takes the contract to execute the project. It also ensures them easy access to exploit Africa's resources, just like the western world had done in time past. In conclusion, China gains massively and we also gain (because we cant fund ourselves). But if our leaders are smart enough to payback quickly, we can avoid being enslaved; but you know how African leaders are.

2 Likes

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by anjilgreat(f): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2018
lazinny:

You are so right. Most African countries are becoming economic slaves to China. There is an African country crying now because of the loan they took from China. Since they couldn't repay the loan, China has taken over the country's Major port for the next 99Years as a way of collecting their money.....What do you call this?

The funniest thing is that the presidency went to sign this bilateral tie with China with politicians rather than going with technocrats and good economists.

African countries should learn it's not all that glitters is gold no wonder the Western countries are already warning African countries about their dealings with China.

I am not against such loans, but our leaders have to make sure they look into every details of such loan with adequate professional counsel so that it can be a win-win situation for both countries. The major problem of African countries is corruption and such loans may never be used for their purpose but for siphoning, thereby putting their countries into unnecessary debt for generations yet unborn.

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by anjilgreat(f): 8:24am On Sep 04, 2018
obailala:

1. There's currently no gas pipeline to the north, any initiative to help utilise Nigeria's gas, improve industralisation and reduce gas flaring/wasting is a welcome development.

2. China will reap mega profits from interests; nothing goes for nothing. Remember again that for most of these projects, the cash loaned cash isnt given, rather the agreement is that a Chinese company takes the contract to execute the project. It also ensures them easy access to exploit Africa's resources, just like the western world had done in time past. In conclusion, China gains massively and we also gain (because we cant fund ourselves). But if our leaders are smart enough to payback quickly, we can avoid being enslaved; but you know how African leaders are.

You nailed it there. This project is more of a win-win situation for China but same cannot be said for Nigerian.

They will exploit our natural resources, use skilled labourers from China and use unskilled labourers from Nigeria, who they will maltreat and our labour law cannot defend.

The project is actually a welcomed development but out leaders have to be smart in such bilateral ties/agreement to avoid becoming economic slaves to China.

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Tzben(m): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2018
obailala:

Thanks for your detailed answer.. I greatly appreciate it. I now understand the notion well..
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Tzben(m): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2018
mapet:

There is a national pipe-line architecture. There is no "focus on the north" with Gas pipeline. The architecture is designed in such a way that covers national need in terms of power, industries and petro-chem business. It also extends to Gas sales to neighboring countries.
Alright thanks.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by obailala(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2018
anjilgreat:

You nailed it there. This project is more of a win-win situation for China but same cannot be said for Nigerian.

They will exploit our natural resources, use skilled labourers from China and use unskilled labourers from Nigeria, who they will maltreat and our labour law cannot defend.

The project is actually a welcomed development but out leaders have to be smart in such bilateral ties/agreement to avoid becoming economic slaves to China.
You're very right about this, the only reason these deals usually end up being detrimental to Africa is cos we have lousy leaders. Besides even negotiating a good deal at the start, its very possible to still payback these loans in record time and avoid undue interest payments because these are capital projects that should actually generate great income. But once again, the lousiness of leaders who prefer political welfarism, would turn these projects to liabilities instead of income creating assets.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by obailala(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2018
Tzben:

Thanks for your detailed answer.. I greatly appreciate it. I now understand the notion well..
you're welcome.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Xander85: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2018
ekojoe:

For gas turbines?

For industrial and commercial use: for industrial estates like was done by OBJ for Agbara in Ogun state; for power stations; and also for domestic use like cooking.

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by mustafa006: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2018
Legacy001:
I hope there are no negative terms attached if not it's welcomed.
only Americans and European countries do such things
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Xander85: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2018
mapet:

Quick question: would this pipeline cover industrial centres in Onitsha, Nnewi, Enugu and Aba? If not, is there anyone already existing that serves these centres that maybe i'm not aware of?
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by mustafa006: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2018
wait. wat happen to the naira yen swap deal
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by mapet: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2018
Xander85:

Quick question: would this pipeline cover industrial centres in Onitsha, Nnewi, Enugu and Aba? If not, is there anyone already existing that serves these centres that maybe i'm not aware of?

I am trying to lay my hands on the update Gas Pipeline Network, but meanwhile these links should give a picture

https://theodora.com/pipelines/nigeria_oil_gas_and_products_pipelines_map.html

https://www.google.com.ng/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nigerianmuse.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F06%2FNigeria_Eastern_Network_Pipeline_System_2013.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nigerianmuse.com%2F20150607041636zg%2Fsections%2Fessays%2Fsunday-musings-the-case-for-an-energy-emergency-in-nigeria-again-by-bolaji-aluko%2F&docid=BODHskvqyllD4M&tbnid=LWX-y82pClsVXM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjny5fX_KDdAhWMCsAKHajNB6wQMwhJKAwwDA..i&w=757&h=503&bih=788&biw=1440&q=Gas%20Pipeline%20Network%20Maps%20Nigeria&ved=0ahUKEwjny5fX_KDdAhWMCsAKHajNB6wQMwhJKAwwDA&iact=mrc&uact=8

The idea is to have regional hubs of Gas gathering and processing facilities (Called Central Processing Facilities (CPF)) then in-land pipelines connect from city-gates......
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by anjilgreat(f): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2018
obailala:
You're very right about this, the only reason these deals usually end up being detrimental to Africa is cos we have lousy leaders. Besides even negotiating a good deal at the start, its very possible to still payback these loans in record time and avoid undue interest payments because these are capital projects that should actually generate great income. But once again, the lousiness of leaders who prefer political welfarism, would turn these projects to liabilities instead of income creating assets.

True talk. May God give wisdom to our leaders to make right decisions for us and for our children's children.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by cronsberg: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2018
overall90:
I see.

I hope when they start bursting the pipes,you will not turn to environmental minister.
This is not niger delta or swamp, this is purely nothern stuff from ajaokuta to kaduna to kano. So let them dare come out of their swamp land and come up north and bust pipes lets see. You think we will sit and watch them? You think here na niger delta? mtsheeeew
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by chukxie(m): 11:07am On Sep 04, 2018
We are gradually ensnaring ourselves. China gives with one hand but takes with both hands. We need to be careful ooo!
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by jesmond3945: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2018
I want to ask apart from creating jobs what is the other benefits of building a pipeline, I mean long term benefits?
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by akigbemaru: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
oasis10:
Nigeria is all about sentiment, if you are the president or any seat of power, grab as much as possible for your people, the country is really divided whether you like it or not, Why can't this project be in Niger Delta where the oil come from, This is really teaching us lesson,Nigeria is never one and can never be don't be deceived. Develop your region when you are in power, if you know you know.
Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by ebbo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
ekojoe:

For gas turbines?

Yap u know the answer to ur question already, the pipe gas line will help improve electricity supply because most of gas plants in the northern part of the country will ve access to cheaper source of energy to power them.

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by olajide8(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
naptu2:
President Buhari is in China with a large delegation of ministers, governors and heads of parastatals to attend the Forum Of China-Africa Cooperation #FOCAC2018. While the president attends the main summit, the ministers and governors have been negotiating deals and agreements on behalf of their states and ministries on the sidelines of the summit.

https://www.today.ng/business/energy/china-restates-commitment-provide-85-funding-2-8-billion-akk-gas-pipeine-project-149454/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Pipelines that they are bursting on continuous bases - what are we giving in exchange for this?

1 Like

Re: China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project by Kingspin(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
lazinny:

Thats the problem i have with China develop. They dont give real development and many countries already sold their nation to China. How can you be working so hard for China?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Register A School With Corporate Affairs Commission / My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday / CAC INTRODUCES E-CERTIFICATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.